MODERATORS - please close this thread.

Just as Tolkien and the Inklings used to meet at The Bird and the Baby, come in here to converse about whatever might be on your mind. This is the place for all off-topic conversation.

Re: HHEEELLLLOOOOOOO the home alone thread.

Postby SilverScribe » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:47 pm

. . . rushes in . . .

:hihi: Hallooooo da thread!!

and

:hihi: Bye!!

. . . *tosses popcorn at rwhen on her way out the door again* . . . :P ;)

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~
Fur meine Mutter . . . Sie sind für immer in meinem Herzen . . .

A song for our Fallen, but not Forgotten . . . Galadriel's Lament
SilverScribe
Scribe, Wanderer, Warrior . . . Bard of Rhudaur and Herald of Manwe

Postby Teltasarewen » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:31 pm

Rwhen yeah it's good to hang out with my daughter. She and I have the same taste when it comes to plays/ballet/opera. It will be fun. :D

My next project/s are small ones. Small enough to fit into an iPhone cover. It's fun and a whole lot quicker than the last project. :wink:
Yeah I hear ya. Sometimes my ideas for making crafty presents come way to close to Christmas. :roll:

Hey Scribbles!!! :hihi: :yippie:
Teltasarewen
Ranger of the North

Postby Cock-Robin » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:07 pm

Now it's three long days!

Here comes the LOTR

Meneldor, Warrior Bard, and Brondgast, Mithril Knights

Gwaeryn and Robin, The Expected Party

Meneldor, Alatar and Pallando, Darkness Reigns: The Resistance

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:07 am

:hihi:

we've made no decision yet. If we make payments, it's $458 per month (for both of us) until May 2015. Which means we have to come up with that much money each month. So we have to find a way to come up with roughly an additional $500 in income somehow. That's what makes me nervous about agreeing. We would also have to pay for passports (at $100 a pop) and then save incidental money for food, souvenirs, etc.

As long as we make the decision before the end of November we get the discount. And the cost will vary depending on whether we go to Switzerland, and where in Switzerland. And there is an additional cost if we choose one of the excursions in Austria (either visiting Sound of Music sites or touring a fortress)

We start in Krakow, Poland, then to the Czech Republic, then Austria and Germany. We can finish up in Munich, or go onto Switzerland.

Hamlet: ooo! Sounds interesting! good luck! :hug:

Sidd: glad you are doing good. :hug:

rwhen: how are things out your way?

Vana: :hug: good to see you!

:hihi: to everyone else! :D

<------ The TVM is going on vacation!

Cats were once worshiped in Egypt. They have never forgotten this.

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck
I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

Postby rwhen » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:02 am

HHEEELLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO the house!!

One sleep until FRIDAY. Oi. I can hardly wait. Today should be a bit warmer and we should see the SUN. As I said, I might be frightened and run back in my cave. ;) But this morning is starting out very chilly....I have on a fleece over my shirt. Yeppers, fall has decided to rears its head.

Have a great day!!

Calma. I did post over to the MoME OOC. That is about all I have the time for at this point. Maybe as things settle I can visit more as the month rolls out. Hope y'all have a great MoME this year!!! :)

Siddie....Namaste!! :hug: Excellent to read, can't keep a good man down. Hope that you are feeling even better today. Alvida.

hamlet!! Well, I'll be hornswaggled!! Good on you. Take it nice and slow and let it develop at its own pace. Click away. Being the part time Yenta that I am, I have great interest in these things. ;)

rowan. Hello. Nice to see you post again.

SCRIBBLES.... :D :D YAY. Very good to see you, even if it is just to abuse the originator!!!!! *catches popcorn* ONE SLEEP. AMY DAY COMETH.

Telta. Are you making iPhone covers then? ;) I think I have to revise my plans and just go for next Christmas. But I still want to "make" my gifts this year....personalize them. I will ask for any ideas. *nods*

CR...and tomorrow two...and then by Sunday...OFF!!! Keep that chin up.

Iris!! That is one solid trip that you could take. Are those places that you would like to go. I mean REALLY like to go. While I think that you could do the payments and at some point in almost two years get the passports (which you should already have oh by the by ;) ) and do things to raise the extra money for spending, just make sure that if this is a once in a lifetime thing, that it is THE thing you really want. I am by no means saying that it isn't.....I am doing to mental math after seeing your figures, what it will cost you for the next two years investment. :hug:

basillllllllly....I hope the moderators can fix your sign in problems fast.

Vanadarlin' :hug: 143 :heart: See you later, get some sleep.

SHOUT OUT: Melwa, eari, BagginsGirl, Ladykat.

vison Alex

and

Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!OldToby

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Time out of Mind, forever bound to my Knight Ayslhyn

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever :hug:
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby hamlet » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:27 am

Well thanks, guys. :oops: :) We'll have to see how things go. This is, really, the first person I've met in these online things that isn't running out to some concert or function or bar four or five times a week or running to New York at the drop of a hat (which, by the way, costs a lot in terms of tolls and such).

Iris: I heartily recommend travelling. Don't end up sitting back one day and saying "boy I wish I could have . . ." when you had the opportunity. If it means a lean Christmas or the like, then it's definately still worth it.
hamlet
Ringbearer

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:34 am

I don't have a passport because I've never needed one, and didn't think it wise to ever get one if I wasn't going to use one.

We've discussed getting the cards so we can go to Canada, but if we get passports, it would be moot, wouldn't it? ;)

Germany, Austria and Switzerland are on my list of places I want to go "someday." As are England, Ireland, Scotland, Australia and Israel. The woman (and her husband) putting the tour together is my high school German teacher...one of my favorite teachers in school. I was to go to Germany with them my senior year and then couldn't do it. :(

<------ The TVM is going on vacation!

Cats were once worshiped in Egypt. They have never forgotten this.

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck
I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

Postby Ladykat » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:56 am

Hello, hello, hello!

Yes, Fraday can't come soon enough.

Iris---Trip to Europe? Great opportunity, hope you get to take it.

rhwen----apartment/house search is on hold for now. My landlord seems to be acting a little more reasonible, so what I really need to do is intensify my job search. If I get a better job, I can get a nicer place, and have money for the move.

No time to play now----gotta go.

LK
Ladykat
Between the Worlds of Men and Make Believe I Can be Found

Postby Calma » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:48 am

Don't mean to be a downer here
But at nearly 500 bucks a month for two years?!! :shock:
I'd back off.
Sheesh, are you paying to fuel the plane, too?

But if you decide to do then do it.
It is your money and your wants
That are in play here.

rwhen, I saw the post i the OOC

:hihi: to the rest of ya.
Image HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!!

Join the fun InThe TVM

ImageCAT LOVERS GUILD :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

:yippie: MARINERS!!!!!
:D Wins: 89
:x Losses: 73

Fair winds and following seas.....Toby.

:rose: Toni...Dannie…Ray-Ray…William...Waneta...Damon...David...Guy… rowan... toby

Always looking for new posters for the TORC 365 PROJECT

Image Rock On!
Calma
Crazy Cat Lady

Location: Up the road, across the street, down the lane, and around the bend

Postby siddharth » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:20 am

Will make it quick.
:clap: Hamlet, ahoy. Good luck on the "quest". :thumbsup: (Well look who's blushin'. Even if it's a smiley. LOL)

Iris - Wow, that's a dream-tour. I think you should take it, even if that would mean a bit of budget-contsraint.

rwhennie - Thanks. Trying me best. Happy friday to you and get some rest! :hug: (ETA: Whoa, it rhymed???)

rowan - sorry to know you are busy. :hug:

Telta - show us the end result when it's done.

LK - Believe in yourself, that you WILL find a better job. Be positive, you can do it. Sending good wishes for you.

Bye!

(If anyone is wondering about it, I will resume my color code sometime. It's not ended. 8) )
siddharth
Ranger of the North

Postby hamlet » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:37 pm

That's OK. I've been known to blush when people ask me what the weather's like. Just something I can't control not linked neccessarily to anything in particular.
hamlet
Ringbearer

Postby basil » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:52 pm

Lovely weather outside today, perfect for being inside and dropping a post or 2. :)

b
basil
Mariner

Postby Teltasarewen » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:45 pm

Rwhen definitely iPhone covers. A lot of fun to do just got to decide what pics for who. Hmmm as for ideas what kind of crafty things do you like to do? I think that's the biggest question then who are you doing it for and what do they like then just how much time you want to spend on it. I know not much help but a start I hope. :wink: :D

Sidd how's the arm? Hoe you ared feeling better. And I shall endeavour to post a pic or link when they are finished. :D

All this talk of travel make me wish I were back in Germany....(lived there for 3 years and did some sightseeing...castles, volksmarches, Christkindlesmarkt ...but that was a long time ago.) :)
Teltasarewen
Ranger of the North

Postby BagginsGirl » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:35 pm

Hey everyone!!

Wow, all this talk of going to Europe sounds fun!!!! Switzerland! Germany! Ireland! Scotland! Sounds fun! I think I missed some countries you all mentioned in my list.....
Well, we haven't seen anymore bears around were I live, though the neighboring town did have to shut down some areas cause a family of bears was wandering around it, but no one was hurt so that's the main thing.

Rwhen, I know can you believe falls here! Its pumpkin season already!

Sidd, how's your arm doing?

Hope your all doing great!!!! Best of luck everyone!! :hug:
BagginsGirl
Rider of the Mark

Postby Ladykat » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:45 pm

It's been warm and muggy here for the past couple of days. The temperature isn't that high, but the humidity is. I wish it would cool down to more fall-like temps. I'm not wishing for snow, but I don't like high humidity either.

Iris----WHOA!! :Q That is a lot of money! But if it's something you really want, I hope you can pull it off.

Hey, hey! A basil sighting! :hihi:

hamlet---so, how's the weather? :D :P

LK
Ladykat

Postby Linteannaiel » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:45 pm

*pops in* :whistle:

Hellooooo everyone! :hihi:

This is just a flyby, since I don't have time for an update right now.. but I wanted to say thank you to everyone for the birthday wishes (on the last thread)! :D

Anywhoo, I'll be back later to write a real post and catch up. I hope you're all doing well! Goodnight! :zzz:
Linteannaiel
Ringbearer

Postby siddharth » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:30 am

hamlet wrote:That's OK. I've been known to blush when people ask me what the weather's like. Just something I can't control not linked neccessarily to anything in particular.

I hope you understood that I was just kidding? meant nothing by it, really.

For those who asked, my arm feels somewhat better. The pain's lessened but the swelling's still there. Thank you for asking. :)
siddharth
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:50 am

With all this talk of travel you will be needing someone with knowledge on this mission, quest, thing!! Now, where are we goin? :D I am up for the trip myself someday!!

I am surviving this nasty cold virus, bug thing that I got. It has been a week now and my throat is still so irritated. I can barely swallow! But I am a tough ol' bird and will make it through.

The plumbing is fixed and the sun came out today!! Was a fairly nice day after all!! I just need more days like this with time off work to sleep and enjoy the fall days!

rwhen I got the books and got right into them. I am so anxious to get on with the storyline. :D You just gave me one of the greatest gifts this fall!! I will have many hours of reading pleasure and will visit this place often!!! Thank you my SSoTH!! :hug: :love:

Hey Telta great to see you again too!! You stay healthy this fall and winter. I was just sick enough for us all!!! :hug:

Hey Lin, LK, CR, basil, rwhen, Sid, Calma, Scribbles, Iris, bagginsgirl, Hamlet and everyone else!!!
Image Spring come quickly!!
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

We mourn the loss of another wonderful man from TORC! oldtoby we will always remember you and your wit and smile! Love you my friend! RIP 1/20/18

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby hamlet » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:46 am

siddharth wrote:
hamlet wrote:That's OK. I've been known to blush when people ask me what the weather's like. Just something I can't control not linked neccessarily to anything in particular.

I hope you understood that I was just kidding? meant nothing by it, really.

For those who asked, my arm feels somewhat better. The pain's lessened but the swelling's still there. Thank you for asking. :)

Yes, I know you were kidding. I'm just poking fun at myself a bit, too.

And for the record, the weather here in NJ is unseasonably warm (i.e., Indian Summer) and ridiculously dry. Mowed the lawn the other night and it kicked up big clouds of dust. We're really hoping that the tropical storm down in the Gulf makes its way up here at some point and dumps some rain on us.
hamlet
Ringbearer

Postby rwhen » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:19 am

HHHEEELLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO the house!!!

*HAPPY FRIDAY JIGS*

We made it!!! 8 straight and then FREEEDOMMMMM. I sure do wish that the forecast would have been right yesterday, we didn't get the sun....just very cloudy and VERY chilly. I don't think it got but around 50. Today, they are saying the same thing. Sunny and warm. I will take it. Hmmppfffffff. Hope that everyone has a great weekend.

hamlet, I think the online thing can work, it seems to for millions of people. My sister has met many people through a certain site and she hasn't found "love" yet, but has had fun and no crazies found her. Give it time to see what happens. I am pulling for ya. :D

Iris. I have had a passport from when I was around 18 and always keep it current. It is a good source of alternate ID. And it stops the questions of....oh we could go "here" on a moments notice, but we don't have a passport. Always be ready. ;) I think that Austria and Germany would be lovely to visit. Good luck on your decision. I think it would be a blast. :D

Ladykat, excellent to know that you have a better living arrangement with the landlord. I hear ya on the better job thing. I MIGHT have something happening very soon. Keep everything crossed. Then I too will be finding a place, I miss all my stuff in storage. I wouldn't wish for snow either, did you see the upper midwest? :shock: Snow all over, roads already closed.

Calma, Friday Sable day. Give her our best. And to Gambit too. Have a great weekend that is SUPPOSED to be sunnier and warmer for us.

Siddie. Namaste. Great posts over in MoME. I think you are going to have a really fun time this year with Sauron and Co. Glad to read that the arm is much better, now to get some good rest so you can enjoy the back end of the celebration that is starting. Keep your nose in those books!! Alvida. :hug:

basilllllllly. YAY. Good that your got the ability to post again. Now I can faithfully call you out on thread. Glad that someone is enjoying the weather...though I do see tornadoes in the Wichita area. Hang on Dorothy. :D

Telta. Very good advice. My family is pretty diverse. I would like to do something with a Beatles theme as that is one thing we all have in common, our love of the Beatles and all things associated with it. But heck if I can figure out anything that isn't pretty expensive. One Christmas I got us all matching Beatles hoodies...that went over very big - but it wasn't cheap. I love the idea of the personalized iPhone covers. I swear I don't know what my brother is doing but he always manages to drop his in apple juice or peanut butter. Pfffft. ;) I also lived overseas for a period, Greece and I adored it. I didn't want to come home to be honest and still dream of it to this day. :D

BagginsGirl. Hey lady. We have a farmers market that around 3rd week in October they do a corn maze and have pumpkin patches. They are already starting it this year. :roll: So yeah, it is early. Oooffff. Glad you didn't get any bears where you are and hopefully they will be out for the big snooze soon enough. Have a great weekend.

LIN!!!!....I do hope that your birthday was fun in the City???? Got to hang at the Fairmount...sweet. We want to hear all about it soon. Good to see your face. :D

Vanadarlin'.... :hug: 143 :heart: OH SWEET. I am thrilled that the books arrived finally to you. Geesh with all the time, i could have driven them to you faster. So get on it and we will have much to talk about. YAY for the plumbing getting fixed yesterday, maybe this morning you will get a good sleep in that you need to get over that virus. Love ya.

Scribbles.....happy belated Amy Day to you!! Going to be a busy day for you!!! Good luck.

SHOUT OUT: Rowan, CR, Melwa, eari.

vison Alex

and

HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEKEND!!!!!

:grouphug:
Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!OldToby

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Time out of Mind, forever bound to my Knight Ayslhyn

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever :hug:
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby GwenElf » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:05 am

So I hear that if I don't stop by soon, I won't get shouted-out to! :shock: This cannot stand! Seems I missed the birth of a Shiny New Thread, too. Only time will tell whether October proves to be any less hectic than September was. The department has decided that our library needs a major overhaul, so that's one more thing I'm doing that I didn't forsee -- I've hit the point where I have to start saying 'no' to requests to do things if I want to get any dissertation work done.

Anyhow, glad to see that the Great Government Shutdown of 2013 hasn't had any effect on TORC! :P Does this mean we can safely assume that TORC is not actually a secret government project designed to do.....something.... sorry, lost my creativity streak. More chocolate, maybe. Gonna go make no-bake cookies!

:grouphug:
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby rowanberry » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:14 am

HEEELLLLLLLOOOOOOOO!!!!

Finally Friday... All I've got energy for is to sit here and read the forums, make a couple of posts, and crawl to bed. Thank heavens I can sleep in tomorrow! I simply feel that I don't get enough sleep on workdays.

But, if TORC turned out to be a secret government project to make more chocolate, I wouldn't be against it... :P If the chocolate would be good, that is. :D
Image I'm judging MoST again this year! Ready for the opening banquet...

MoME 2013 results are in!

The Sons of Fëanor re-embodied in the beginning of the Fourth Age? Yes, for The Maedhros and Tygarya Saga – and, as fire-hearted as ever!

On my way to Morannon on the Walk to Rivendell and Beyond!

Shire and Shutter - the TORC photoblog

Thoughts about dance, life, and everything
rowanberry
+++Out Of Cheese Error+++

Postby Vanaladiel » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:28 pm

:yippie: We are back online and open for business again!!!! :clap:

Feeling quite a bit better this evening. I have slept most of the day. I hope this is just the healing because I need to sleep tonight and work tomorrow. Then two more days for rest and recovery!
Image Spring come quickly!!
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

We mourn the loss of another wonderful man from TORC! oldtoby we will always remember you and your wit and smile! Love you my friend! RIP 1/20/18

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Cock-Robin » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:58 pm

Somebody say chocolate? It perks up the ears of this bona fide chocoholic, it does, my precious. One more day before this five day stretch is over at last!

Here comes the LOTR

Meneldor, Warrior Bard, and Brondgast, Mithril Knights

Gwaeryn and Robin, The Expected Party

Meneldor, Alatar and Pallando, Darkness Reigns: The Resistance

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby BagginsGirl » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:29 pm

I was just commenting to my mother earlier today that all the hot chocolate in our town in sold out, and was wondering who bought it all. But now I see it must be all you chocoholics! :) :lol:
BagginsGirl
Rider of the Mark

Postby siddharth » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:26 am

Hamlet - :D I'll still cheer you on though.

Rwhen - Sorry, but I like cloudy, chilly, rainy weathers. I love it! :D I'm sure having fun. Picking Sauron and Gollum (who I like the best ;) ) is great. Because you could have more fun with villains. And there are always finger jokes when sauron and Gollum are together. ;) Ughh, I can't keep nose in the books. I do have to read, you know. Which means the eyes should be atleast 25cm from the page. ;) :hug:

I forgot to say before. Welcome eari!! :hug: You sure don't have to reply, just updates?

:hihi: Sil. I hope the work and grad pressure recedes soon. :hug: Those no-bake cookies taste sweeet! I want to be the Chairman of the Organization to steal chocolates!!! Vote for me!

Good to finally see you in your highest spirits, Vanaladiel. :)
siddharth
Ranger of the North

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:22 am

Well, there is nobody home (I guess because it's early on a Saturday morning??), so here I am to raid the fridge. Got anything good in there????

*opens refrigerator and peers inside*

Pizza? Lasagna??

Remembering MoME.... Boromir the Great!!!!111

;)

---------------------------------

Watch my (low budget) movie
here!!!

For more fun, watch this video! ->

Star Trek meets Monty Python!!
Tookish_Traveler
Party-monger

Postby earendil81 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:02 am

rwhen, I know you are not here during the week end but I have to say I let myself get sucked into work right away. Even missed the beginning of MoME... Partly because things did not go as well as I intended during my vacation. But yes a story...
My husband and I went to the UK for Leoba and Dindraug's wedding; we took the opportunity to spend a week in London - which my beloved had never seen and I had never really visited as a tourist. We had a wonderful time and I did not expect to feel - as Bardy put it elsewhere - soul-fed. I had not seen Teherin, Edain, Berhael and Bardy for 10 years and it felt as if no time had passed at all in a way. Forget the awkwardness of 10 years gone by without seeing each other, that did not happen. I belonged there as if we had met every week for the past 10 years. I had the best time ever and Jaeniver came to Paris with us afterwards where we shared another three days of mini-moot. It was great.
Plus getting to spend an entire week in London was awesome; my husband haven't had the chance to do something just by ourselves when going to Europe since when we travel we usually go see my family. I love going there it is a way for me to go back to my roots but this time was special. The hotel was not great but we were together and spent a lot of time visiting and having fun. I think we did all the touristy stuff there is to be done :lol: and we enjoyed it tremendously. I loved how he had a hard time understanding the British accent it was really funny, and how he picked up some expressions within a couple of days like saying "mate" instead of "man" or "dud". He loved London and is intent on going back... Our time in Paris was short; 5 days but with Jae we rediscovered some places that we like; and I re-discovered that I cannot go to the top of the Eiffel Tower without feeling super bad - cold sweat and vertigo bleh :P :P :lol:. We had a lovely time and saw almost everyone. It was crammed and we did not sleep much :roll:...
Back to work and looking forward to the next time we can go to the other side of the pond ;)...

Sid thanks for the welcome ;)

:hihi: everyone :hihi:
Have a good weekend :D :D
Never forgetting those who have passed into the West :rose:

Sharing a story with Rholarowyn: Once There Were Words

Laesha is taking her first steps in the RP world with Eilathen and a bunch of great characters in The Expected Party
Fan of Redemption: the Reckoning

Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you
I have been changed for good.

It's funny how some distance
Makes everything seem small
And the fears that once controlled me
Can't get to me at all
It's time to see what I can do
To test the limits and break through
No right, no wrong, no rules for me
I'm free
earendil81
In Love & Light

Postby Ladykat » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:48 pm

Hey everyone! :hihi:

Meant to get here Friday evening. Got the PC up and running, settled into my chair----only to find TORC wasn't co-operating. :(

Extremely long busy day today, should have been in bed hours ago, but I wanted to catch up a bit first. I'll sleep in tomorrow. Like Rowan, I don't get enough sleep on weekdays.

Bye for now. :D

LK
Ladykat

Postby Teltasarewen » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:35 am

Rwhen my youngest munchkin is a Beatles fan too. Anything Beatles is pretty much up for grabs when it comes to presents for her. She even has a couple of old records I found at my parents place this passed summer and now is the happy owner of them. Can't play them but wants to have them as keepsakes. :D

Vana hope you are still on the road to feeling 100%. :hug: :hug:

Sidd the same for you. Hope your arm is doing better. :hug:

Cool start of the day at -3c. Hopefully it warms up a bit. :)

Have a day everyone! :grouphug: :hihi:
Teltasarewen
Ranger of the North

PreviousNext

Return to Talk: The Bird and the Baby