MODERATORS - please close this thread.

Just as Tolkien and the Inklings used to meet at The Bird and the Baby, come in here to converse about whatever might be on your mind. This is the place for all off-topic conversation.

Re: HHEEELLLLOOOOOOO the home alone thread.

Postby Ladykat » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:43 pm

For a while I was beginning to think the weather forecasters around here were in a warped groove. All they were saying was:

80's and humid-------80's and humid-------80's and humid-----

I even had to use my AC for a couple of days, which did not make me happy. Trying to keep the electric bill down. But starting tomorrow, there's supposed to be about a 20 degree drop in the temps, with rain. Not that it didn't pour the rain on Saturday when I took my Mom shopping, but it was still kinda muggy.

Ah well, better rain that snow I always say. As long as it's not FREEZING rain!

Hope everyone had a good weekend and good weather.

LK
Ladykat
Between the Worlds of Men and Make Believe I Can be Found

Postby hamlet » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:23 am

Drizzled all day yesterday here, and still some today. We're happy that it is, to say the least, and that Indian Summer Heat Wave has finally gone away.

Despite that, I spent about 5 hours yesterday without electricity thanks to my idiot neighbors doing . . .. something . . . that blew up the nearby transformer and knocked out power for about 500 people for much of the day. At least it gave me an excuse to run over to the charity used book store and pick up three books that I wouldn't have paid money for if they cost more than $1 each.
hamlet
Ringbearer

Postby rwhen » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:27 am

HHEEELLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO the house!!

Another Monday and here it is. Weekend for Saturday was lovely. I went to the last official weekend of the Portland Market and it was packed being such a beautiful day. Got some fresh veggies, some oils and fresh bread and then got out again and made it back by around 4pm. Most of that was driving and finding parking and walking. But it was good. Yesterday was chores - laundry and such. I hope everyone had a grand weekend!!

Sil, whoever told you that you had to hurry and post? You are welcome yesterday, today or tomorrow. No rush. You are very accommodating and people will always take advantage of that. Not to mention totally capable and brilliant. Learning to say no can be a hard thing, but you sometimes have to look out for #1. ((hugs)) I had to laugh at your FB post about shutting down TORC. Somehow I think that Jonathan was working on the site, but I don't really see any differences. :whistle: ;)

Rowan. Hope your weekend was good.

Vanadarlin'. :D How are you lady friend?? Cool here this morning and of course as expected the return of the rain and cloudy weather, but not FREEZING as it has been. I hope that your virus has finally cleared up my dear. See you out there later. :hug: 143 :heart:

CR. :D Are you off today too? I see yesterday you were. *hands over stash of chocolates to her friend* :D

BagginsGirl, LOL. That could be it. Hope you got your dancing shoes on this past weekend or had some fun about town. :D

Siddie. Namaste!! I don't mind the rainy weather - if I did, I sure live in the wrong place. :P I think this is your last week and then some time off? Well give it hell on your final push. :D You have a holiday coming. :hug:

Tooks!! You finally made it. It seems we only have Italian food when you come calling. I shall have to remedy that. :P

eari. Oh gracious. I didn't know you were also at the wedding. How cool that you got to go and see so many people who are not even posting for a long time now. Like Edain!!! I haven't heard his name in forever, the red headed imp. I am so jelly belly that you also got to have time with Jae in Paris. I knew she went and saw the photos but didn't know you were all together. SWEET. You are home safe and happy. That is most important!! Thank you for the update!!! Someday!!! :D

Ladykat, yeah, many of us had that rude experience of trying to get a post in and VOILA...no TORC. But it wasn't down that long in the end. I have a feeling that rain could be in your future here for a bit. NE should be finally turning to autumn weather, we sure have it here.

Telta. :D I think between my SIL and my brother and I we have all the original Beatles albums, from when they first came out in the 60's. I wish I had been a better caregiver to them THEN. Online Beatles stuff is SO expensive. But I am putting my head around coming up with something that I can make/get for everyone. I was also thinking about doing something around the family "last name"...but with marriages and the like, not that many but brothers direct family still have it. I might do some research online about easy to make for Christmas projects. :D Hope that you had a great weekend.

hamlet. How goes the war? Too bad about the electrical loss. It happens, around here it is more cable than power. Some idiot does something stupid. Like I said to Ladykat, I think that NE and your area are finally going to get into the autumn weather. Pumpkins and corn mazes. ;)

Scribbles.....It's twuck time. ;)

basilllly beaut!!!

SHOUT OUTS: Iris, Calma, LIN!!!!, Melwa.

vison Alex

:hihi:

and

Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!OldToby

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Time out of Mind, forever bound to my Knight Ayslhyn

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever :hug:
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:01 am

My post got et. :(

LK and hamlet: same here...had to break out the fan last night for the bedroom. But now we're having storms and cooler temperatures! Yay!

Calma: my thoughts as well. We'll give it some time and work to make some extra cash and see what we come up with...Rob is insisting that I go, regardless. :roll:

Vana: I know you know this, but gargle with saltwater, eat some honey. :hug:

CR: chocolate!!!! :D

<------ The TVM is going on vacation!

Cats were once worshiped in Egypt. They have never forgotten this.

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck
I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

Postby Calma » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:19 am

TORC is a bit screwy....
I have gotten the General Error page many times
I usually hit the refresh arrow
But just now I had to completely go off line and come back on.
Must me something on the server or something.
LIke I know a lot about computers.... :roll:

Anyway... :hihi: girlie!
Glad you had a nice weekend.
Mine was good as well.
Sunday was marvelous.

Later all.

Now let's see if this posts
Image HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!!

Join the fun InThe TVM

ImageCAT LOVERS GUILD :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

:yippie: MARINERS!!!!!
:D Wins: 89
:x Losses: 73

Fair winds and following seas.....Toby.

:rose: Toni...Dannie…Ray-Ray…William...Waneta...Damon...David...Guy… rowan... toby

Always looking for new posters for the TORC 365 PROJECT

Image Rock On!
Calma
Crazy Cat Lady

Location: Up the road, across the street, down the lane, and around the bend

Postby hamlet » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:06 am

The funny thing is, though that we did have fall weather for a few days there. Had to break out the jacket and everything. Hell, the heat even came on in my house for a bit. Then, all the sudden, heat wave.

Go figure.

I blame the Democrats. :P
hamlet
Ringbearer

Postby oldtoby » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:01 pm

My internet spent all weekend going in and out (id have a connection for 5 minutes then loose it for 5.....) I couldn't tell whether the problem was TORC or me.
oldtoby
Ringbearer

Postby Ladykat » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:06 pm

hamlet wrote:I blame the Democrats

Should probably blame the kitty cats. They're space aliens you know, invaded Earth ages ago, and enslaved humans, or at least a large portion of them. They like to mess with us silly hoomans, causing strange happenings, while they lie back, eyes not-quite-closed, feigning sleep, all the while enjoying our frustration.

It's evil little rat monkeys they are. =:)

They probably messed up TORC too.

LK
Ladykat

Postby hamlet » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:14 am

If you knew my cats, you'd know how true that is.
hamlet
Ringbearer

Postby rwhen » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:11 am

HELLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOO the house!!!!!

Good morning Tuesday. I just noticed how dark it is getting now when I am up. I need the lights on now when I am getting ready.....yuppers fall is most certainly here. And the inevitable light jacket it now down at my desk on the "just in case" need. Pumpkins are out at all the stores and the fall flower arrangements. I am quite ready for it or I adjusted really really fast. Have a good day everyone.

Hey Iris. TORC has been having issues for sure. So Rob wouldn't be going on this little excursion with you. That is too bad, but still an exciting adventure and always go for the adventure in life. CHOCOLATE!!!! :D

Calma. Sunday was excellent here too....now back to it for our normal weather. That is all good though. It is what we have come to expect. Hope you had an excellent time with Sable on Friday? And what I really know about computers could fit in a ring box. *nods*

hamlet. You gots scary cats too? They are everywhere. :shock: Go ahead and blame the Democrats...why not. Someone has to take the fall. ;)

oldtoby, good to see you back on the HELLO for the new house. I think you can safely blame TORC this time around. It was down again yesterday on and off. In the old days it happened all the time. Remember?

Ladykat....LOL. I am with you. "Evil little rat monkeys" is a perfect description. :P ;) With you, it is a wonder that you would ever sleep at night for worry. :P

Scribbles. Hey Canadian Thanksgiving is coming...long weekend!!!

basillllly blessed....

Vanadarlin'....hope work isn't too hard today. 143 :heart: :hug:

SHOUT OUT: Sil, rowan, CR, BagginsGirl, Siddie, Tooks, eari, Telta, LIN!!! and Melwa.

vison Alex

and

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Calma » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:09 am

So, if TORC goes down for any length of time
Which site do we hike ourselves over to?
I suggest TORN just to see how the other half lives. :wink:

Lazy Tuesday today.

Have a good one.

Later...

oh, ps...
yeah, had fun with Sable on Friday.
Always do. :D
Image HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!!

Join the fun InThe TVM

ImageCAT LOVERS GUILD :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

:yippie: MARINERS!!!!!
:D Wins: 89
:x Losses: 73

Fair winds and following seas.....Toby.

:rose: Toni...Dannie…Ray-Ray…William...Waneta...Damon...David...Guy… rowan... toby

Always looking for new posters for the TORC 365 PROJECT

Image Rock On!
Calma
Crazy Cat Lady

Location: Up the road, across the street, down the lane, and around the bend

Postby Teltasarewen » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:56 pm

Rwhen never mind the pumpkins and fall flower arrangements. I made a trip to my favourite craft store and they are ready for Christmas...so the department stores won't be far behind. I am so not ready for it yet. :roll:

I too will be celebrating the Thanksgiving weekend this weekend with my family. Can't wait for turkey and the trimmings. :D Good luck with the Christmas project hunting. :D
Teltasarewen
Ranger of the North

Postby hamlet » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:41 pm

Christmas can't start until, at earliest, after Thanksgiving.

Anystore that has Christmas decorations in it now should be . . .

I realized there that what I was about to write would certainly be a bad thing, so suffice to say that it's too freakin' early for Christmas.
hamlet
Ringbearer

Postby Ladykat » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:13 pm

Calma wrote:I suggest TORN just to see how the other half lives.

Are they still around? :Q Remarkable.

hamlet---some of the stores near me already have their Christmas stuff out, on display and for sale. I don't like it, it's WAY too early, but I can kind of ignore the decorations.

It's when they start playing Christmas music over the PA....in freaking OCTOBER,,,,,, :angry:

I expect the TV networks to start showing Christmas specials soon.

Can we please just get through Halloween first?

LK
Ladykat

Postby rowanberry » Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:39 am

HEEELLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

So, TORC was down at some point? I totally missed that - but then, I've hardly been online in the last few days.

My weekend was good; I got to rest, and even got something done at home. On Sunday, the older daughter and I planted some tulips on my parents' grave - it will look nice next spring, if all the bulbs survive. Monday was crappy at work, but we finally got the missing kitchen cabinet door, so now that project is done. 8) Now, I'm just trying to survive until the next weekend...
Image I'm judging MoST again this year! Ready for the opening banquet...

MoME 2013 results are in!

The Sons of Fëanor re-embodied in the beginning of the Fourth Age? Yes, for The Maedhros and Tygarya Saga – and, as fire-hearted as ever!

On my way to Morannon on the Walk to Rivendell and Beyond!

Shire and Shutter - the TORC photoblog

Thoughts about dance, life, and everything
rowanberry
+++Out Of Cheese Error+++

Postby rwhen » Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:07 am

HHHHEEEELLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO the house!!!

Mid week. Two sleeps. YAY. Very foggy and chilly out there. I basically got no sleep last night, so running on fumes today. I am sure tonight will be better. Have a great day all.

Calma. Well we always used to crash in on TORN when TORC went down in the past. Remember the Christmas after the movie came out, we were down well over a month. But I think this time if it happened that way, I would just wait on it. I hope that Jonathan has worked out whatever bug is playing with the server now. Have a good one yourself...should be sunny later today.

Telta. First I look for the autumn stuff and then the Christmas after...after the US Thanksgiving. Are you in Canada? I know that Canada's Thanksgiving is this coming weekend or Monday. Enjoy the lovely turkey meal with all the trimmings. It is my favorite holiday meal. Yum.

hamlet. I haven't seen anything yet for Christmas around here or on the tube yet. It drives me nutty when they do it so early too. Back in the day, the tube never had anything on until after Thanksgiving, but that has already changed. If it starts before Halloween. CURSES upon them all.

Ladykat, I am with you. One holiday at the time please. Hope that all is well with you and you are feeling better. And indeed, TORN is still around. Some consider it "the" place for movie news and updates. *shrugs*

rowan, glad your kitchen project is complete. The weekend is coming.

Scribbles....TWO SLEEPS.

basilllly bear.....

Vanadarlin' 143 :hug: :heart: Chin up...one more day until a day off.

SHOUT OUT: Iris, oldtoby, Sil, CR, BagginsGirl, Siddie, Tooks, eari, LIN!! and Melwa.

vison Alex

and

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Teltasarewen » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:08 pm

Rwhen indeed I am....Manitoba to be exact. Not a bad place to live except when the nasty winters settle in. We have had a few not too bad ones and one fairly warm winter a few years back. But oh those nasty bitterly cold ones. Mind you at least you can get out and about(if your car loves you and you haven't forgotten to plug it in :roll: ) I can handle the cold it's the snow that makes driving treacherous that I don't like. :Q :nono: And yes this is Thanksgiving weekend coming up...can't wait. :D

Hi Vana, Sid, Scribbles. I know you are out there. :hihi:

Hope everyone is well. :grouphug:
Teltasarewen
Ranger of the North

Postby Ladykat » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:06 pm

I know it's early, but just in case I forget....

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TELTA!

And all the Canadian TORCers. :D

LK
Ladykat

Postby Cock-Robin » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:20 pm

Happy Thanksgiving to all our Canadian TORCers. They should outlaw 24/7 stores. They're giving me such weird hours.

The Doomed Bird

Meneldor, Warrior Bard, and Brondgast, Mithril Knights

Gwaeryn and Robin, The Expected Party

Meneldor, Alatar and Pallando, Darkness Reigns: The Resistance

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby hamlet » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:56 am

Happy Thanksgiving to those in Canukistan!

Thanksgiving is probably my favorite holiday what with the feasting and family and nobody trying to out do each other in gifts, just in who can scare up the most awesome feast. Gets my juices flowing.

The US Thanksgiving isn't too far into the future, either. Looks like about 5 or 6 weeks. Can't wait.

Down here in New Jersey, we're experiencing our first Nor'Easter of the season. For those who aren't in the know, a Nor'Easter is, essentially, a hurricane/tropical cyclonic storm in the cold weather. Super Storm Sandy last year was, in essence, the meanest, witchiest Nor'Easter we've ever had here in this area, though to be fair, we've had some that dumped more snow/precip and probably some that caused more disruption in the long run. The news is making a huge deal out of it, but for the most part, it's just an early autumn storm with a bit of wind and a bit of rain. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Does put the kibosh on plans to rake up some of the leaves and clean out the gutters, though.
hamlet
Ringbearer

Postby rwhen » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:02 am

HHHEELLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO the house!!!

Thursday and one sleep before the weekend begins. Can't wait. Had a better night last night, by a bit, but I will take it. Niece is getting married today, civil ceremony...(#3) but still family is going to try to make it a little party. I am going to stay and man the home front.

Have a good day everyone.

Telta...that is what I thought. I lived in Maine and we got some real doozies of winters there too....I left after ten years. That was all I could deal with. ;) :D Have a great Thanksgiving...all that turkey and dressing and gravy and taters. YUM.

Ladykat: Happy day to you. Our Thanksgiving isn't that far behind. :D

hamlet, snuck in a post while I was typing. ;) I am with you - Thanksgiving is my favorite of all the holidays (maybe Easter, but both ways it is all about the food). I have been in a few Nor'easters myself. Rolling up the coast of NE and into Maine. Baton down all the hatches!!!!

CR. Good to see you at least surviving. Hang in there.

Scribbles...ONE SLEEP to Amy Day and long weekend....

basilllly bert.....

Vanadarlin' :hug :heart: 143 See you later, hope all is well.

SHOUT OUT: Calma, rowan, Iris, oldtoby, Sil, Baggins Girl, Siddie, Tooks, eari, LIKN!!! and Melwa.

vison Alex

and

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:00 am

Happy Thanksgiving to our northern friends! :hug:

:hihi: everyone.

Hamlet: you didn't blow away did you? ;)

they keep revising our weather almost daily. Yesterday evening we were to get high 60s for the weekend, this morning it was revised to low-mid 60s. :roll:

It's Pennsylvania. If you don't like the weather, wait a minute....

<------ The TVM is going on vacation!

Cats were once worshiped in Egypt. They have never forgotten this.

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck
I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

Postby hamlet » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:15 am

IrisBrandybuck wrote:Happy Thanksgiving to our northern friends! :hug:

:hihi: everyone.

Hamlet: you didn't blow away did you? ;)

they keep revising our weather almost daily. Yesterday evening we were to get high 60s for the weekend, this morning it was revised to low-mid 60s. :roll:

It's Pennsylvania. If you don't like the weather, wait a minute....

They've done the same thing for NJ, actually. Started with "nothing," then it was "some wind and rain," and then this morning it's "end of the world!" Don't know what to believe, but since it's currently sunny out, I might just ignore common sense and go for a short lunchtime walk today.

Weather's crazy this time of year anyway.
hamlet
Ringbearer

Postby Vanaladiel » Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:04 pm

Wow that is right!!! Canada celebrates Thanksgiving so early!! Well Happy Thanksgiving my Canadian friends!! :hug:

Hey Telta!! :happydance:

Well I am finally getting over this stupid virus that I got. It's been two weeks and I am still coughing some and my head still gets some congested during the day, but not like it was! I can actually sleep laying down now. Boy is it a relief to be able to breath easier. I was beginning to think I was going to end up at the hospital in order to get some oxygen. But I did not have to do that. But it was scary at times.

Still looking for another part time job but we are doing okay for now. Ryan did some refinancing and got us a little bit of room to work with financially. But I will be so glad to finally find something. :thumbsup:

So yes TORC has gone down a few times in the past week but nothing like it used to in the beginning. Most of us are not online like we were in the early days so it is easier to face the down times. I mean with Facebook we can also keep touch there. I am thankful though that we still have TORC to call home. :D
Image Spring come quickly!!
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

We mourn the loss of another wonderful man from TORC! oldtoby we will always remember you and your wit and smile! Love you my friend! RIP 1/20/18

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Teltasarewen » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:39 pm

Ladykat thank you. Only a couple of days till turkey. :D

Cock-Robin sorry to hear about your weird hours. I know when I was working at the airport my shift started at 2:30 am till 11am. But at least it was a steady shift and never changed. :)

Rwhen if I didn't make gravy there would be mutiny on my hands...or at the very least a not to happy munchkin. As for the rest of the meal it goes without saying. :wink:

Hi Vana! :yippie: Hope you are feeling a lot better. :hug: It's funny you say we celebrate Thanksgiving so early I always thought yours was so late. :wink:

As for TORC I remember it going down and wanting to get in to post and couldn't...it was soooo frustrating. But as you pointed out Vana it is easier to face the down times now.
Hmmm Facebook now there's something I haven't tried yet. :Q
Teltasarewen
Ranger of the North

Postby siddharth » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:25 pm

Hey, I didn't know you were sick! :( Get well soon Vanaladiel!!! :hug:

CR - If you're lurking around, I think you will find something in the FUN thread that you might agree on very much. (Hinty - posted by Bee-Girl) ;) :D
Last edited by siddharth on Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
siddharth
Ranger of the North

Postby BagginsGirl » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:02 pm

Hey Everyone!
I didn't know Canada's Thanksgiving happened so early. Happy Thanksgiving to all of Canada!!!!
Well, my waterbed heater heater died about half a week ago and I had no idea how expensive they are!! Thank God for eBay, my dad bought me a new one for half the price. And I am so glad he did because my bed has been freezing without it.

Vanaladiel, I'm sorry you weren't feeling well. But I'm glad to here your getting better.

Rwhen, congrats to your niece! I'm sorry to hear you haven't been sleeping well and hope you can some more sleep.

Hope you all are doing great! Best of luck :hug:
BagginsGirl
Rider of the Mark

Postby Ladykat » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:50 pm

Vana---I know all about the coughing and congestion and not being able to sleep lying down. Been there, done that many times. Glad to hear you're better now.

rwhen---happy day to you too. :) I think my silly ankle is getting better. At least I'm not in constant pain, just a little sore when I move it. I must have really stretched my muscles and ligaments in ways they were never meant to go.

I try to get in a few posts at work, but the computer there is still impossibly slow, so it's hard to sneak them in. But I'll keep trying. :D

Hello and goodnight to everyone. Time to get me to bed.

LK
Ladykat

Postby rwhen » Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:04 am

HHEEELLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO the house!!!!

*happy FRIDAY jigs*

YAY we made it to the start of the weekend....8 more hours and WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. Good sleep last night. The niece got married yesterday and today is the big party. We spent last night cooking and they stayed here. Today Brother Jim and I will be cooking for the food that will be taken over to the party this evening. Phew. I have a feeling that they already have some "good news" to share, but haven't yet....just a sneaky suspicion. Have a wonderful weekend everyone!!!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL OF OUR CANADIAN FRIENDS!!! Enjoy the extra day off and the great foods. YUM.

Iris...hello lady friend. Hope your birthday was fun yesterday!!! We say the same about the weather here....if ya don't like it, just wait. ;) Enjoy the weekend.

hamlet, hope you haven't blown away or anything. Did the "big" storm brew up at all? Any plans for the weekend? Any "good news" to further share? Hmmmmm precioussss?

Vanadarlin' :hug: 143 :heart: SO happy you are finally feeling better my SSOTH. I too remember the "down" times of TORC. Some were really long, but as you say - there are other places now to reach out to one another. TORC will always be home. See you later.

Telta. Again...enjoy that holiday. I bet your gravy is crazy great. I too have some things that I just couldn't show up without on the holiday. Brother makes the turkey, stuffing and gravy. I do deviled eggs, stuffed cranberries, braised sprouts and a pumpkin trifle. The "kids" make the mashed taters. Oh and the Brother also does the yeast rolls. I can't WAIT. :D If ya ever decide you want to try FB...let me know, I will make sure you are hooked up with all the TORC folk.

Siddie. Namaste. I think you are a herder. Yeah. Enjoy the last days of your holiday as well. I know they don't last long and your time off doesn't either. Alvida. :hug:

BagginsGirl, ooooh. Waterbed heaters. Been there and done that. I used to sell them way back when. I do love a good waterbed though. Glad you were able to find a replacement on eBay. :D Thank you for the congrats to the niece, and I had a much better sleep last night. I don't know if I just passed out from exhaustion or what. :D Have a wonderful weekend.

Ladykat, thank you. Sometimes ankles will hurt for a long time after a bad sprain. A pain that even years later if you move it just in the right place...OUCH. But it does get WAY better. Keep on trying to post on up. And lovely weekend to you as well.

Scribbles.....AMY DAY...WHEEEEEEEEE. :D Have a great holiday weekend.

basillllly burp.....

SHOUT OUT: CR, Calma, rowan, oldtoby, Sil, Tooks, eari, LIN!!! and Melwa.

and

:grouphug: <-------- Friday hugs

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Cock-Robin » Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:29 am

Well, it's two long days at Hellmart, then I get a week's vacation. I can't wait. Won't do anything, can't afford to go anywhere, but will take it easy.
So today is hump day for me.

Happy Amy Day, Scribbles!

The Doomed Bird

Meneldor, Warrior Bard, and Brondgast, Mithril Knights

Gwaeryn and Robin, The Expected Party

Meneldor, Alatar and Pallando, Darkness Reigns: The Resistance

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

PreviousNext

Return to Talk: The Bird and the Baby