MODERATORS - please close this thread.

Just as Tolkien and the Inklings used to meet at The Bird and the Baby, come in here to converse about whatever might be on your mind. This is the place for all off-topic conversation.

Re: HHEEELLLLOOOOOOO the home alone thread.

Postby Calma » Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:50 am

Morning, all! :hihi:

B-girl, I hear ya on the waterbed heater.
Few years a go when the power went out for a couple of days up here.
I was sleeping on a block of ice.
Yep, gotta love the bed when the heater works.
Hate it when it doesn't

:yippie: for CR's week's reprieve!
Enjoy your week off, friend.

Love to the rest of ya.

Later...
The RealMcCoy!!!

Join the fun InThe TVM

ImageCAT LOVERS GUILD :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

:yippie: MARINERS!!!!!
:D Wins: 2
:x Losses:

Fair winds and following seas.....Toby.

:rose: Toni...Dannie…Ray-Ray…William...Waneta...Damon...David...Guy… rowan... toby ... Cock Robin

Always looking for new posters for the TORC 365 PROJECT

Image Rock On!
Calma
Crazy Cat Lady

Location: Up the road, across the street, down the lane, and around the bend

Postby GwenElf » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:24 am

Calma wrote:Few years a go when the power went out for a couple of days up here.
I was sleeping on a block of ice.
Yep, gotta love the bed when the heater works.
Hate it when it doesn't

Oh dear, I've never considered what those beds are like when the power's out! Bleeech.

Happy Friday, all! I went apple-picking this morning, and came back with 3 doughnuts, a pint of cider (it comes in PINTS!) and 13lbs or so of apples. Now to make pies! I found an amazing-sounding apple-ginger pie recipe on Epicurious that I'd like to try, except it calls for bourbon. Wonder if I can leave that out?

CR, a week's vacation, nice! Even if you can't afford to go anywhere, I hope you get as much relaxation and enjoyment out of it as possible! :hug:

We say the same thing about Michigan weather. Sounds like no one's weather can make up its mind!

:hug: Vana! Glad you're finally feeling better.

Sid, cool photos of the festival on Facebook! I'm looking forward to seeing more!

:hug: :hug: :hug: rwhen! Congrats to your niece and her husband! I hope the party is a blast and not too much stress for those of you doing the cooking and other preparations.

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving weekend! Enjoy all the turkey, etc., all you Canadians!

Well, I agreed to write a page of my dissertation each day, which is probably going to be way harder than it should be, but hey, it's worth a try! Today is Day 1. .....right after lunch! :D
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby basil » Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:52 am

What a cheery bunch of Denny Zens here. :) Good on you Vana, for staying alive!

I was up most of last night with an issue, but stopped by to say "hi howareyouse"!

Will be back with better messaging after further research.

Maybe some new kitty stuff.

wrennie wrocks! :D

b
basil
Mariner

Postby rowanberry » Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:34 pm

Happy Thanksgiving to the Canadians here! :)

YAY for CR's whole week off! 8) You really deserve it - and, there's nothing wrong with just taking it easy!
Image I'm judging MoST again this year! Ready for the opening banquet...

MoME 2013 results are in!

The Sons of Fëanor re-embodied in the beginning of the Fourth Age? Yes, for The Maedhros and Tygarya Saga – and, as fire-hearted as ever!

On my way to Morannon on the Walk to Rivendell and Beyond!

Shire and Shutter - the TORC photoblog

Thoughts about dance, life, and everything
rowanberry
+++Out Of Cheese Error+++

Postby hamlet » Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:53 pm

The "big storm" did a whole lot of absolutely nothing.

Kind of wish it had brought more rain, but still, quiet is always good.

Since it's my day off, I'm doing as little as possible. That's always a good thing.
hamlet
Ringbearer

Postby siddharth » Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:34 am

Hello! Staying at home today. Lots of raining going on out here, and it's as dark as hell! So I'd catch up a bit.

I'm late I see but a happy thanksgiving to all the Canadians!!! :drink:

Bee-Girl. :hihi: Wow, never heard of a water-bed heater. I suppose we don't need thos over here. But I'd certainly have issues sleeping on an "ice-bed". ;) How's the classes going. :hug:

LK! Very glad indeed to know the ankle's on the mend! Yay!

Vana. I hope you're feeling better too! :hug:

Calma so you people earlier used to go over to TORN when this stopped? And then what? Where did you all posted/chatted together? I don't think there's a TVM or HELLO thread. <----Curious. Well, I do lurk over the TORN-madhouse once in a few months. ;) Later ... :D

Telta! Happy thanksgiving to you!!!! :D How are you? Lovely to hear about your 'munchkins'.

And a Happy Thanksgiving to Scribbles too!!!

Sil. :hug: haha, you sure have away with words. Always light and funny! Hmmm, so you cook dishes that are amazing to hear? Gee, I always depend on my vision. :P Did you see the pics of Day 2 I uploaded there? I think they were better. No more pics tomorrow I'm afraid. All this rain and cloud has made it impossible to go outside. I hope you are squeezing through the work, grad, dissertation and cooking. Good luck!

:hihi: basil

Always so busy Rowan. I hope you are doing well. Any long holidays or vacations coming for you? Before Christmas I mean.

CR. :clap: Yaya! A whole week of rest for you! And I guess today's the last day before it? Give it full. Today you're like Frodo about to destroy the Ring and then a week-time of peace!

Iris! How have you been?

And last but of course never the least!
RWHENNIE! Whoosh. So long since I last posted properly here. Don't worry, I have holidays till November 5th. Long time and I'm gonna use it full. No I'm not a "herder". I actually am a person who follows, whether he prefers it or not. I have never ever been a leader or head in any of the activities I have been a part of (save one classroom play :P) and yes, I have tremendous stage-fright. I'm hardly herder-material!
I hear you about taking to facebook if TORC falls again but I don't think that'd be a great idea. Since there are many here who don't have an fb-account. Telta, LK, Calma (I suppose?), Melwa, Bee-Girl, Lin (I suppose?). They would have to wait it out, I suppose.
How was your weekend? I heard lots of cooking. I hope you had time enough for a good rest. Also, congratz to your niece! Have a good day. :hug: <3

Melwa, I know you're super busy. Join us when you have time soon. :hug: :hug:

:hihi:

------------

Okay, I don't remember I have posted such a long HELLO post since my first days here!
siddharth
Ranger of the North

Postby hamlet » Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:33 pm

Been a good weekend. Quiet, for the most part.

Spent some time to have a nice Dim Sum lunch with the family today. Now I'm spending all afternoon cooking up Rigo Jansci. Aka, Hungarian Brownies. With Rum.

The cretins at work should be satisfied with that.
hamlet
Ringbearer

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:01 am

Basil! I was just thinking about you the other day. :hug:

Sid: drying off? :D

CR: You should at least go to a museum or something, drive to a part of your town you've never seen or go for a country drive. :) :hug:

Vana: good to see you're feeling better. My mom's been coughing for a week, finally went to the doctor today.

BG: I had a water bed, but it was the tube kind, no heater. The frustrating thing happened when one of the tubes developed a slow leak and I didn't know it for the longest time...ruined some of my comic books. :(

Rob and I went to Watkin's Glen in New York yesterday. It's about a 3 1/2 hour drive. We're trying to do some things while he still can (more about that in a bit). Watkin's Glen is kind of famous now for the NASCAR track, but long before racing was the glen, which is located a short distance from Seneca Lake...and about an hour from Seneca Falls (where the first Convention on Women's Rights was held in 1848). Anyhow, the gorge has 19 waterfalls...and 800 steps (more or less, depending on which path you take) in about 1 1/2 to 2 miles. And we climbed the whole thing. I've done it before, but I was a teenager at the time and oh the difference 20 years makes! :D

And speaking of Rob: he has definitely been diagnosed with peripheral neropathy, which mostly means his nerves are slowly stopping their work. It starts in the outer reaches of your body (fingers, toes, hands, feet) and moves inward and can kill you if not stopped...eventually it affects the nerves governing the organs and they will quit working. The problem is...about 50 percent of patients never learn what is causing the problem, so they can't treat it. They're looking into several things, including his spine and diabetes (I'm voting on the spine at the moment). But he is in a LOT of pain. And we have to accept that he may reach a point where he won't be able to walk much, if at all. :(

But it's all okay...one thing at a time.

Some days are grumpier than others...

For Calma :rose:
For Cock-Robin :rose:
For Toby :rose:

May we never forget them. :rose:

Cats were once worshiped in Egypt. They have never forgotten this.

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck
I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

Postby Frelga » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:29 pm

Hi, remember me? Looks like I missed the great TORC meltdown and a lot of other news.
I glanced through the last couple pages just to reassure myself that you are all still soldiering on. Won't even try to catch up individually.

We are waking up to the 50s and by noon get into the 70s. 80s are promised later this week. And it is unusually dry. I'm sure we will pay for it later. The local transit agency has been on the brink of strike for a week now, and they don't tell you if they'll have service in the morning until midnight. Annoying.

Happy Thanksgiving to our Canadian friends! I hope you are all having a lovely time.
Impressive. Every word in that sentence was wrong.
Luke Skywalker, The Last Jedi
Frelga
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby earendil81 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:03 pm

Hello everyone,

Passing by as I am home alone today. Even though it is Thanksgiving my husband is working so I have two days by myself... I got busy, sent a number of resumes out to spread my wings. Or at least trying...

I actually have a question: how many of you practiced a sport as a child that would have been qualified as one of "the other gender" sport? For example ballet for a boy or boxing for a girl... My mind has been running around in circle this week on the question of gender prejudice and how early we are being imposed the bias.
I have been looking at many organizations in every part of the world and the truth is that many focus on the rights of women/girls who are the most at risk either because of where they were born (the 'developing' world) or because of the circumstances in which they were born (poverty, an abusive house...). And yet at this time I have found few that work in the business world, which they reckon as privileged I guess. Maybe it is and yet I am becoming increasingly aware that even women in the business world tend to be victim of these prejudices and they mostly accept it and it makes me wonder whether we are so 'evolved' as we like to think. I was speaking with a young woman last week who was a victim of harassment; she laid a complaint with the HR department (and is not the only one who did against the person). The person is still working for the company and is being sent people to mentor. She mentioned that even though it did not sit well with her she had to accept that in any company it can and will happen. That makes me absolutely angry. And also wanting to make a difference... not sure exactly how though i have a few ideas but not certain they are viable yet :) but I'd like to have a picture to see ;).

EDIT: Rwhen... yes it was absolutely great :D :D . Loved every moment :D :D

Good to see you Frelga lady :D :D

:hihi: everyone
Never forgetting those who have passed into the West :rose:

Sharing a story with Rholarowyn: Once There Were Words

Laesha is taking her first steps in the RP world with Eilathen and a bunch of great characters in The Expected Party
Fan of Redemption: the Reckoning

Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you
I have been changed for good.

It's funny how some distance
Makes everything seem small
And the fears that once controlled me
Can't get to me at all
It's time to see what I can do
To test the limits and break through
No right, no wrong, no rules for me
I'm free
earendil81
In Love & Light

Postby SilverScribe » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:15 pm

And a Thanksgiving HALLLOOOOOO da thread!! :D

siddharth wrote:I'm late I see but a happy thanksgiving to all the Canadians!!! :drink:

Actually, you're not late at all, but exactly on time. :) Today, October 14th, is Canada's Thanksgiving Day.

Thank you to everyone for the warm Turkey Wishes!! We will be devouring our turkey roast in a few hours . . . along with mashed taters n' gravy, smashed turnip and carrot, brussel sprouts, crusty french bread and of course, home made cranberry sauce for those of us who love it. :P :D For dessert, there is home made Pumpkin Chiffon Pie with whipped cream. Oooooo yeah. Calories be danged, it's a holiday!! LOL . . . And we have a glorious, sunny, sorta warm day for it too. Can't be unhappy about that in this part of the country, at this time of the year, no sirree bob. :D :D

Sorry I've been so absent but life and work have simply not let up the way I had figured they might. But I live in hope . . . :)

I hope everyone had a grand weekend, and that my Canadian compatriots are either sitting down to, currently enjoying or snoozing off a lovely Thanksgiving feast.

I haven't managed to catch up completely but Iris . . . just . . . :hug: (I shall put you both on my prayer list.)

sid, glad to know you're safe. Typhoons and storms are scary things. :shock:

Eari, in school I played all the team sports and a lot of them were mixed gender (like baseball). However, if they'd offered boxing when I was a kid, I'd have been there like a dirty shirt. ;)

*sigh* Gotta go, there is yet cooking to be done, not to mention . . . feasting! And drinking!! (but no smoking - don't do that . . .:P )

Keep well everyone! :hihi:

. . . rushes off . . .

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~
Fur meine Mutter . . . Sie sind für immer in meinem Herzen . . .

A song for our Fallen, but not Forgotten . . . Galadriel's Lament
SilverScribe
Scribe, Wanderer, Warrior . . . Bard of Rhudaur and Herald of Manwe

Postby Ladykat » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:26 pm

Iris--- :hug: Sending good thought to you and Rob.

Haven't been able to get to the Home Alone thread as much as I'd like. I think I'm going to have to give up on posting while at work. That computer is just WAY too slow, and freezes up at the most inopportune times. Hard to be sneaky when the computer's stuck on a page you don't want anyone to see, and one of your co-workers (or worse yet your boss) is approaching your desk.

Good to hear all the Canadian TORCers had nice weather for their Turkey Day. We'll probably have three feet of snow on ours. :shock:

LK
Ladykat
Between the Worlds of Men and Make Believe I Can be Found

Postby Frelga » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:26 pm

Eari, I have been into fencing up to high school, does that count? Boxing, not so much. :D
I'm surprised the HR isn't taking action. In the US, at least, that would be a huge liability.

Scribbles, I've been thinking of you, recalling that you mentioned that life might settle down by Thanksgiving. Hope the pie and the turkey were great

LadyK, I also can't post from work except from the phone, which is part of the reason I've been scarce. There are ways to make the page look like plain text of you are just concerned about appearances. My employer tracks web surfing, which is a different game.
Impressive. Every word in that sentence was wrong.
Luke Skywalker, The Last Jedi
Frelga
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby siddharth » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:07 am

Flybye post.

I hear you are sick again, rwhennie. :( I guess it was all the exhaustion after last weekend? I hope you feel up and alright again.
Wishing you all the best and sending prayers your way. Get well soon!
:hug: :hug: :hug: <3

Iris. That is so terrible to hear! :-( :-( :-( I certainly am praying the best for Rob. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

will catch up sometime. :hihi:
siddharth
Ranger of the North

Postby Calma » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:43 am

Get well, girlie. :rose:

Good to see ya, Scribbles.
Just keep swimming.

Iris, I'll keep you and Rob in my thoughts.
With hopes that things will work out for the best.
The RealMcCoy!!!

Join the fun InThe TVM

:rose: Toni...Dannie…Ray-Ray…William...Waneta...Damon...David...Guy… rowan... toby ... Cock Robin

Image Rock On!
Calma
Crazy Cat Lady

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:17 am

No sickness! NO!

:hug:

Eari: sorry, I can't contribute to the conversation. Although in youth group I was the only girl who would try rock climbing. I think the others were too afraid of chipping nails and whatnot. :roll: Revenge was when two of them each had two boys and had to change that attitude pretty quickly!

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck

Postby GwenElf » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:29 am

:hug: Iris! Prayers for you and Rob. :hug:

Eari, about the only sport I do that might count as masculine is archery (I also did fencing in high school), but I don't bowhunt, which is the especially "manly" aspect, so I don't know if that counts. I'm not much of a sports person in general -- lack of depth perception rules out just about everything where balls are flying towards your face. :P But I think you are absolutely right about harassment and discrimination in the workplace, unfortunately.

:hug: rwhen!! Hang in there and feel better!

TORC is aliiiveee! ....for now, at least.

:grouphug:
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby rwhen » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:37 am

HHHEEELLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO the house!!!

Indeed, been out sick since Sunday, in bed all day yesterday. But back up and at it again today. It is freezing out there...a very brisk 29 degrees, but that is supposed to warm up to low 70's by afternoon. Lot's of activity to respond to. I hope everyone had a great weekend or holiday weekend as may be.

CR. You are on vacation now...have a grand time of it, many times I haven't been able to go anywhere, so make your space a holiday. :D

Calma, FREEZING FINGERS HERE. Whoosh. But it will be nice out later. Did you have a good weekend?

Sil. Thanks. It has been an interesting four days to say the least. A waterbed will stay warm for at least a day without the heater...after that, all bets are off. ;) PINTS and apples and doughnuts. Keep on rockin' that dissertation. :hug:

basillllly, what a lovely day when you drop by and spread some sunshine around. I read over on FB that you had to take mizzzzy b to the hospital. :( I will check with you for more details.

rowan. Hey there. Good weekend?

hamlet....LOL. Many times it does happen that way. I think that the station and the grocery stores are in cahoots....HURRY rush out and buy out the store. DIM SUM YUM. and RUM.

Siddie, Namaste!! thank you. Feeling a wee bit better. The weekend was crazy busy and then loads of bedtime. Meds. AH yay you on all the time off>>>>>you have plans other than the National holiday that is getting ready to be over??? Good luck and best wishes to the pops. I think there is more of a leader in there than you know. *nods* :hug: And you stay safe in all that bad weather!!!!! Alvida. :hug:

Iris... :o I am so sorry to read about Rob. Keep going in and never let up on the questioning. Good gracious. Prayers to you and the whole family. Keep us informed. (I love Watkins Glen)

Frelga lady. Who in the world could forget you??? You missed it again, the site was down all morning here. You days are much more enjoyable than ours for weather that is. :( Do you take the BART or other often? They were talking about the strike when I visited!! ;) :D

eari, Sports eh? Well I used to be one hell of a bowler. I don't know if that is typically considered a man's sport or no. But prejudice in the work place is something that has been going on for eons and ages. I even still see it in my own family run business and things said to me as if I am a 10 year old. I think it depends on how bad it it and if the person complaining really cares about their job or not. Often gender bias is overlooked...as it has been. (hope you had a lovely holiday) :hug:

Scribbles :D Hey there you. Your Thanksgiving supper sounds divine!!! All the right stuff. I hope you loved it to the max with the wonderful weather out there. Did you save some PIE for someone??? Talk to you soon!!! :D

Ladykat...Well....you CAN'T stop posting at all. We would miss your feline self. Do you have a computer at home??? Meow!!

Vanadarlin', miss you lady. 143 :heart: :hug:

SHOUT OUT: Telta, BagginsGirl, oldtoby, Tooks, LIN!! and Melwa.

vison Alex

and

Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!oldtoby!Cock Robin(CR)!Prim!Calma! I will never ever forget you.

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Yes Ayslhyn, I do still remember.

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Cock-Robin » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:29 pm

Finally got in! Just got error messages in the morning. Yesterday and today, I had to get ready for stupid landlord to bring pest control in to spray, cleaning apartment, pulling things out of drawers, shelves and cabinets, then putting it back when through. Some vacation.

At least I have the rest free. believe it or not, I am putting up my Christmas decorations, the only time I can have time to do it.

Happy New Year!

Meneldor, Warrior Bard, and Brondgast, Mithril Knights

Gwaeryn and Robin, The Expected Party

Meneldor, Alatar and Pallando, Darkness Reigns: The Resistance

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Teltasarewen » Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:06 pm

Alas I am able to get in. I tried several times today with no luck. :roll:

The turkey has been cooked, carved and consumed and it was quite tasty even if I do say so myself. :wink: Now its on to leftovers which I quite enjoy too. Then another 70 days till we can do it all over again only with a few more things added. Good thing I and my family like turkey. Mind you we only eat it twice a year. :D

Rwhen feel better soon. :hug:

Scribbles sounds like your Thanksgiving dinner was very tasty. :-D

Hey Vana! Hope today finds you that much closer to being 100%. :hug:

Hi Sidd. :hihi: Didn't over do it on Thanksgiving so I am quite well thank you. :D

Hope everyone is well. :grouphug:
Teltasarewen
Ranger of the North

Postby BagginsGirl » Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:49 pm

Hey everyone!

Rwhen, I'm sorry to hear your sick again :( I hope you get better! :hug:

Iris, I'm very, very sorry to hear about Rob. :( I'll pray for you and him and hope everything ends up okay. :hug:

Earendil, hmm, well I was and still am a pretty good baseball player, my sister and I have some experience in go-cart driving and archery but I'm not sure if those count as more 'masculine' sports.

Hope your all doing great! Best of luck! :hug:
BagginsGirl
Rider of the Mark

Postby rwhen » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:53 am

HEEELLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO the house!!!

Dark out there, as it gets later and later into the year. Daylight savings is almost over...two weeks (or close to). And it is COLD. But I have to say, what a beautiful day it was yesterday. It warmed up to lower 70's and the sky was clear and blue, just beautiful. I am feeling better and better, still a bit puny, but all good. Hope that everyone else is too.

CR. You got those Christmas decorations up now? I bet it is starting to look really nice in your unit. Having the pest control guys there is a nuisance, but one that can really save headaches later. *nods* Get out your movies and stack them up in viewing order. :D

Telta, yuppers - had loads of trouble getting on TORC my ownself. WOW your turkey sound most excellent. I bet you had some happy campers chowing down. :D 70 days? Do you also have the turkey supper for Christmas then? We typically have it for Thanksgiving and Easter (rather than ham) at Christmas we do a prime rib roast. Personally I can't wait for all of them. :D

BagginsGirl, thanks, I do feel better each day. Ah, go cart driving - I remember back in the day having a blast chasing each other round and round the little speedway. Do you still play baseball? Have a grand day of it. ;)

Scribbles....two sleeps.....

basillllly......soft healing mssss bassilllly hugs.....

Vanadarlin'......one day and we can talk again. 143 :hug: :heart:

SHOUT OUT: Calma, Sil, rowan, hamlet, Siddie, Iris, Frelga lady, eari, Ladykat, oldtoby, Tooks, LIN!!! and Melwa.

vison Alex

and

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!oldtoby!Cock Robin(CR)!Prim!Calma! I will never ever forget you.

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby hamlet » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:05 am

Hiding today. The bigwigs are out and about in our building. The people to whom $100k is pocket change.

And they just won't go away.
hamlet
Ringbearer

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:36 am

Dear Mods: I am working on fixing the sig pic.... ;)

IrisBrandybuck

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:44 am

Okay, does the sig look huge to you guys? Because I keep resizing it smaller and it keeps coming up HUGE and I can't figure out what's wrong.... :hair:

IrisBrandybuck

Postby Calma » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:00 am

Looks ok to me, Iris.
I loved the original Addams Family.
Liked it more than the Munsters.

:hihi: girlie.
Hope you are feeling better each day.
It's cold right now, but promises sun later.
Also will be going with my babyman to his old office
Then to lunch. :D

Later....
The RealMcCoy!!!

Join the fun InThe TVM

Image Rock On!
Calma
Crazy Cat Lady

Postby Ladykat » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:35 am

HEEEELLLLLLOOOOOOO!!

Haven't done that in a while! :D

Rwhen---to answer your question, yes I have a home PC. I just don't always have time to get on it due to busyness, or in the case yesterday, sickness. This is what happened....

I went to work yesterday, felt OK, and I'm still trying to get on TORC at work, just to read posts if nothing else. But TORC had hiccups or something, and I couldn't even bring up the main page. Around 3:30 in the afternoon TORC decided to co-operate, but right about then is when I started getting really sick to my stomach. I don't know why, I didn't eat anything that would have caused it (at least I don't THINK I did) but I honestly didn't think I was going to make it until quitting time. The bus ride home was absolute misery. As soon as I got home, I petted the cats a little, changed my clothes and fell into bed. Woke up some time later, did my usual evening chores (feeding cats, cleaning litter boxes, etc) turned on the TV, sat down in my recliner---and promptly fell asleep again. Woke up again, staggered off to bed, and slept through until about 8:00 this morning. I'm getting somewhat hungry, but I'm afraid to eat anything. I'm still feeling somewhat queasy. I took today off because my mom has a follow-up doctors appointment, and my sister can't take her. I don't want to get sick while I'm driving around. I hope it's not the stomach flu---I hate that.

I've got to hit the road soon, but..

Iris---your sig pic looks smaller than the one I had last month. Don't know why there would be a problem with it.

hamlet---YES! Hide, where they'll never find you! :D HUH! Wish I had some of that "pocket change."

CR---wow, Christmas decorations already? Well, I guess if this is the only time you have. I always hated it when the pest control people were coming. I have the added fun of rounding up all the cats and trying to find someplace to take them for the day until it was safe to bring them back.

Vana and rwhen---and anyone else who's sick---hope you (we) all feel better soon. :thumbsup:

LK
Ladykat
Between the Worlds of Men and Make Believe I Can be Found

Postby rowanberry » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:10 am

HHHEEEEELLLLOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! :hihi:

I tried to get here yesterday, but the site was down. :( Anyway, my weekend was quite nice; got things done and also rested.

And, I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who's freezing. We're getting cold air from the Arctic at the moment, and it's really chilly.

I'm glad that you're feeling better already, Rwhen. :hug:

Iris, it's good that Rob's got a diagnosis. Hope they find a good medication. You're in my thoughts.
Image I'm judging MoST again this year! Ready for the opening banquet...

MoME 2013 results are in!

The Sons of Fëanor re-embodied in the beginning of the Fourth Age? Yes, for The Maedhros and Tygarya Saga – and, as fire-hearted as ever!

On my way to Morannon on the Walk to Rivendell and Beyond!

Shire and Shutter - the TORC photoblog

Thoughts about dance, life, and everything
rowanberry
+++Out Of Cheese Error+++

Postby rwhen » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:59 am

HHEEELLLLOOOOOOOOOOO the house

Thursday and one more sleep folks. Indeed. Looking forward to the weekend totally. I need a few days of just R & R. It is going to be another sunny day here in the PNW and it looks like that it going to hold for a long time to come. Yippie. I will take it, the rain will be here soon enough. Have a great day everyone.

hamlet...I hate that. When the boss is in the office all day long it totally throws off my day with "other" stuff he keeps talking about or directing me towards. Hope they aren't staying too long.

Iris...your picture looks fine to me too. I have the opposite problem, no matter how small I make a photo, it keeps saying it is too large. And since the mean ol' moderators didn't descend upon your head, or thread - I think it is fine. ;)

Calma...thanks, I am feeling a bit better everyday. It has mostly been stomach issues that have hung on, but last night was better. Was lunch with the babyman fun? I too am an original Addams Family person...John Astin was awesome. Enjoy the sun when it finally comes out today.

Ladykat, oh dear. :hug: You get yourself feeling better right now. I hope that the mom is okay too. I have lived alone for many years and while I do like it, when one is down or sick, there is only one person that can do "it all" and that is you. So I get it and it can be exhausting sometimes. Feel better!!!

Hey rowan, good to hear from you and your Thursday is already over. Thanks for the well wishes. :hug:

Scribbles...ONE sleep to Amy Day....

basilllly....update please on misssy b?.....

Vanadarlin', see you later. 143 :heart: :hug:

SHOUT OUT: CR, Telta, BagginsGirl, Sil, Siddie, Frelga lady, eari, oldtoby, Tooks, LIN!!! and Melwa.

vison Alex

and

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:45 am

It looks okay to me now too. huh.

Fall has finally arrived here, temps in the 50s for the rest of the week.

Good news for Rob: he does not have diabetes, and the arthritis in his spine is not causing the nerve damage. :)

IrisBrandybuck

PreviousNext

Return to Talk: The Bird and the Baby