New play about the friendship between Tolkien and Lewis

Just as Tolkien and the Inklings used to meet at The Bird and the Baby, come in here to converse about whatever might be on your mind. This is the place for all off-topic conversation.

New play about the friendship between Tolkien and Lewis

Postby inklingyvr » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:49 pm

There is a play in the works about the friendship between JRR Tolkien and CS Lewis!

Full disclosure: I am helping out with the current fundraising campaign for the play through this Indiegogo: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the- ... /x/1857802.

Apologies if this isn't the right place to share, I just figure it might be of interest! The play should be going up in Vancouver, BC in 2015-16, right now it's in the research and development phase. Playwright Ron Reed has created a spreadsheet detailing every known event in Lewis and Tolkien's lives from before they met until Lewis' death!

Whether or not you're interested in supporting the campaign, there is a lot of info about the project on the indiegogo, and you can connect with the playwright throughout the writing process on Facebook: www.facebook/com/ronreedplaywright.
inklingyvr
Petitioner to the Council

Re: New play about the friendship between Tolkien and Lewis

Postby prmiller » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:01 pm

Read...and have supported.
Now, we all wait...for more supporters, inspiration, and lots of time to get the product out, performed, and acclaimed!

I am so very excited by this...!
I love the worldI am in...
prmiller
I am Parm: Servant of Eru, Bard of Imladris

Re: New play about the friendship between Tolkien and Lewis

Postby siddharth » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:29 pm

Supported as well.
Looks interesting.

I strongly suggest you to post about this in the Tolkien Society facebook group - it currently has a membership of 12,000. Much of the fund and support could be raised there. (though I should warn, a few members are quite snobby about such projects)
siddharth
Ranger of the North

Return to Talk: The Bird and the Baby