MoST 2016

Just as Tolkien and the Inklings used to meet at The Bird and the Baby, come in here to converse about whatever might be on your mind. This is the place for all off-topic conversation.

MoST 2016

Postby Calma » Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:43 pm

Calma left the office of the Events Co-ordinator of Deep Space 9. She had a smile on her face as she met up with the ever present Archie.
“You look like you got all you wanted plus the cherry on top.” The tall man fell into step with her.

“I did.” The graying TORC'er winked. “They were happy to have us. This month is a slow month for them, so any form of entertainment is welcome. We practically have the run of the place.” They stopped at the elevator and waited only a few seconds. “I've received applications from four contestants and I have inked Cock Robin and heliona to be judges. Looks like MoST is a go.” She grinned as they stepped into the elevator and the doors swished closed.

“I'll get on the fliers and room assignments.” Archie volunteered.

“Thanks, that will be very helpful. I'll be in our suite working on the contests. See you later.” She waved as she exited the elevator and made her way down the hall to her rooms.
Image My Very First LOL

Funny Animal Month in the TVM!! :D

Join the funWith The TVM

ImageCAT LOVERS GUILD :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

:yippie: MARINERS!!!!!

Let's hope for a better result next year

SOUNDERS!!!

:rose: Toni...Dannie…Ray-Ray…William...Waneta...Damon...David...Guy… rowan

Always looking for new posters for the TORC 365 PROJECT

Image Rock On!
Calma
Crazy Cat Lady

Location: Up the road, across the street, down the lane, and around the bend

Re: MoST 2016

Postby Ninui » Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:23 pm

Julian Bashir had been waiting for transport shuttle three from Bajor up on Pylon four. He was on time for once, even after he had stopped to change from his uniform before arriving only in the last few minutes.

http://cdn.chud.com/5/5a/350x236px-5a768921_AppleStoreSohoPresentsMeetFilmmakerCairoB12l-SyudQ9l.jpeg

He received Ninui's communique for days ago about sponsoring him at MoST again this year. He wasn't too sure at first but, as she reminded him, he did promise her that he would do it. He did think there was a maybe thrown in there some where. "Oh what the heck," he thought to himself. "What's a few days anyway. and at least it's being held here".
He sat down on a bench that someone had placed near by the air lock and waited.

The final ten minute wait seemed like for ever to him but Ninui's shuttle did finally arrive. He watched the passengers disembark and true to form she had to be one of the last to step out of the air lock and onto the deck.

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=154906543

She set her bags down and allowed the hug Julian bestowed. Before she said anything ,Ninui handed Julian a small festively wrapped gift, smiling widely as he unwrapped it

http://image.spreadshirtmedia.com/image-server/v1/compositions/4349140/views/1,width=280,height=280,appearanceId=1.png/can-of-whoopass-whoop-ass_design.png

They both laughed for a moment, then taking up one of her bags and she the other, Julian walked his friend to her assigned quarters.
Ninui
Ranger of the North

Postby Calma » Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:05 pm

As Archie left the main concourse, people gathered about the computer screens to see the list of events for the upcoming MoST contest. Many gasps and giggles were heard as people continued to read the list of events.

Week One: Red Carpet Arrivals.

Wear your finest and smile your brightest.
Contest: Give a short speech as to why you chose to go into space.

Week Two: Brownies Are A Gift From The Heavens.

Show us how to make your favorite Brownies and serve one to our judges.

Week Three: MGM Musicals Will Never Die!

Pay tribute to those days of old with a re-enactment of your favorite scene from an old musical.

Week Four: Awards Banquet

Also time to catch up with any contest you missed.
Last edited by Calma on Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image My Very First LOL

Join the funWith The TVM

SOUNDERS!!!

Image Rock On!
Calma
Crazy Cat Lady

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:11 pm

Week Two: Brownies Are A Gift From The Heavens.

Show us how to make your favorite Brownies and serve one to our judges.

Oh my.

:shock:

November is critter month on the TVM. These are cute ones...for now.

---------------------------------

Watch my (low budget) movie
here!!!

For more fun, watch this video! ->

Star Trek meets Monty Python!!
Tookish_Traveler
Party-monger

Postby Cock-Robin » Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:36 pm

Q was busy putting Picard on trial once again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UqNIOc8rgc

But then, he remembered a paltry place he had been asked to judge, so he flashed himself there, still in his judge's robes. He saw what he was to judge and rolled his eyes. This had better be good, he thought to himself. He awaited the contestants with a smirk on his face.

Cuuuuute!

Meneldor, Warrior Bard, and Brondgast, Mithril Knights

Gwaeryn and Robin, The Expected Party

Meneldor, Alatar and Pallando, Darkness Reigns: The Resistance

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby notlistening » Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:21 pm

Wesley’s com buzzed incessantly as the young now “First Officer” tried to get ten minutes more sleep before his shift on the bridge began. His fist missed the PADD and he tumbled from his bed, only to find that he was no longer on the Enterprise but in the hold of some dingy, third rate freighter.

“What the..?” he sat up and blinked to clear his eyes from fumes of what smelt like turpentine bubbling in a vat thingy beside the hammock he had fallen out of. “This isn’t the Enterprise, unless I’ve been demoted to garbage duty.” He stood up and caught a glimpse of himself in a semi-shiny panel on the wall. “And I’m 15 again?” his voice cracking in horror. “Is this some kind of weird time travel episode that I’ve stumbled into?”

“Oh, goody, you’re awake.” nl said, leaning again the doorway of Serenity’s hold. She held out a cup of steaming coffee for the disoriented teen and sat down besides Kaylee’s still.
“And you are? Where am I? And how did I get here? And why am I younger than I was when I went to bed?”
“I’m notlistening, this is a firefly class ship called Serenity. We “borrowed” you as I needed the Wesley Crusher from the TNG versions to play MOST.”
“Well that clears things up! Not!” Wesley sneered but took the offered coffee. “And I’d rather you did listen to me when I say that kidnapping a First Officer of the Federation is a major felony…”

“Well, Felony is my middle name. Or it would be if I had a middle name.” Mal drawled as he strode into the hold, looking all manly next to the scrawny ensign. “Malcom Reynolds, captain of said ship and sometimes arm candy for nl when she plays MOST.”
nl gave him a dazzling smile and turned back to Wesley, who looked more confused than before. “I’m sure your fellow officers and shipmates have mentioned being…um…shanghaied for the Men of Star Trek competition before.” She waited for Wesley to nod cautiously before continuing. “Well, I figured that you have never been and well, frankly, I’ve pretty much exhausted members of the Enterprise crew now. You, being a minor and all, haven’t been permitted to play before. But this year, the roolz have been modified to take in more species and…I don’t want to go into specifics, but now you can play.” The young ensign grabbed his PADD and began searching the galactic internet for MOST.

“You think he’s buying that?” Mal whispered in nl’s ear.

“I hope so. At least this year we won’t have to worry about intoxicated competitors. Quark can’t serve him in his bar and Odo won’t put up with under-age drinking on DS.”nl whispered back.

“Oh I see.” Wesley said, scrolling through the threads of previous MOST comps. His face brightened. “And I see you’ve won a few of these things.” He looked up from the screen. “Alright, I’ll give it a shot. But why do I have to be a kid for this? I’m now a grown man for goodness sake.”

Well…” nl said, standing up and stretching. “All your online images are as a kid and I’m pretty crap at photoshopping so we have to work with what we’ve got.” She pinched his ruddy cheek and left the hold.

“Better buckle up kid, this is going to be a bumpy ride…” Mal said, following his lady out. “Oh and I mean that literally too. It’s going to be a bumpy re-entry to DS9. The wormhole plays havoc with the ship’s engine.”

“Oh, maybe I could help with that, I’m kinda a child prodigy.” Wesley trailing after Mal, when the ship gave a mighty lurch and sent all three sprawling to the ground.

“Zoe, is Wash gonna straighten this boat out before we get flattened?” Mal asked his second in command as she grasped the handrail of the raised walkway above him.

“Like a downy feather, sir. Nobody flies like my mister.” She beamed, as the firefly craft shuddered once again and then levelled off, heading towards the space station known as Deep Space 9.

Funny animals rampaging through the TVM...
notlistening
wandering not lost

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:49 am

(Psst, Calma...there's a typo in your post on our contests)

Iris rubber her hands together in nervous anticipation. It had been several years since she had started with a new contestant. But the goal all along had been to bring Spot to the top spot (pardon the pun), occasionally with the cat clawing and complaining the whole way. It had been worth it. They each had a nice set of awards (Shiny!) and now it was time to move on.

"So...our contestant is already at Deep Space Nine?" Salem asked, passing a wet paw over his left ear.

"Yes...when he's not hauling cargo, he's sitting at Quark's bar..." Iris winced as the shuttle docked a little roughly.

"And what's his name again?" The black cat switched paws and ears. Iris wished she could be so calm.

"Morn."

"Mourn?" Salem stared at her a moment. "That's depressing."

"No...Morn...M-O-R-N. He's a talkative, intelligent fellow who often spars with Worf...he's something of a ladies man...something of a scoundrel..."

"Mal should like him," Salem remarked, stretching and arching his back before following her out of their quarters and onto the space station. They made their way down the Quark's, noting the number of spectators and spying nl, Mal and...Wesley Crusher? in the distance. Wesley looked sour, Mal amused, nl annoyed. Typical MOST.

Stepping into Quark's, Iris nodded towards the bar. "There he is."

(photo to come...Photobucket is being difficult)

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck
I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:31 pm

Kruge surveyed the contest challenges. He grunted and shook his head.

"This is simple! Easy! For a Klingon!"

"Yea," Tooks answered. "How DID you end up going to outer space?"

"Well, there is a story behind that," Kruge mused. "Let me tell you all about it...."

The two headed to their suites to get ready for the red carpet.

here!!!

Tookish_Traveler
Party-monger

Postby notlistening » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:05 pm

Did you see that neutrino stream on the edge of the wormhole?” Wesley chatted incessantly to nl as she, Wesley and Mal disembarked at the DS9 upper docking ring. “And those Jem Hadar ships? What sort of propulsion rate do they have?”

“I’d like to propel him into that wormhole…” Mal muttered to nl as they made their way towards the central habit ring.

“He’s just excited to be here, babe.” nl patted his arm.

“Jayne gets all excitable about guns but I don’t wanna push him…no, I do think about that at times. But the big ape does come in handy in a fight.”

“Did you know that more than 587 species that have passed through DS9 station?” Wesley continued to chatter on, oblivious to Mal moving his hand to his pistol. nl grinned but motioned for him to stay his hand.

"Wesley, your mouth is talking. You might wanna look to that." Mal strode ahead and into Quark’s Bar.

“Did I say something wrong, ma’am?” the boy genius asked, his head to one side like a quizzical puppy.

“The Captain just likes to drink in peace. Now let’s get you settled into your quarters where you can work on your speech, shall we?” nl nodded to Iris and her cat as she ushered Wesley away from harm.

notlistening
wandering not lost

Postby Ninui » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:42 pm

"Brownies" ? Julian said in disbelief as he held the MoST flier in front of him as he and Ninui sat in the Bajoran restaurant on DS9's prominade deck.
Ninui chuckled slightly. She lifted her glass to her lips, she drank a little,as she swallowed Ninui set the glass back on the table. "I thought you liked brownies".
"Eating them yes. I don't know how to make them".
"Practice makes perfect, Julian. You'll do just fine. I'm here to help you all the way through this".
Ignoring his lunch,Julian read on and then with a deep groan he tilted his head way back on his shoulders. "Dancing," he sighed heavily. "why is there always dancing in these contests"?
"You and I both know you are more than up to this one,Julian. Don't go worrying about something you don't have to worry over"
"I don't think the judges thought to highly of my dancing abilities last year, remember">
"I do recall a certain little Ensign that kept you from rehearsing more. I myself counted five flubs in that routine. Who knows how many the judges saw." Julian slowly nodded his head,accepting her reprimand. He had been a might distracted by Maureen at that particular point of time. "I'm making sure that won't happen this year. I've booked a holo suite at Quarks after the red carpet and opening ceremonies. I had your dancing shoes sent to your quarters while you were on duty. I want you there by seven."
Julian nodded. Picking up his fork,picking at it before he took some in his mouth. Swallowing he spoke calmly, "My tux is ready at Garak's. How's your outfit coming along"?
"I brought three with me. They're also at Garak's being hemmed."
"Only three"? He asked with a teasing smile. "A far cry from last year".
"One for closing ceremonies and two others because I couldn't choose between them. I'm hoping I'll get some kind of hint when I see them when Garak gets done with them. Now. I think you'd best finish up your lunch, my friend. You've got to be back on duty soon. Full day head tomorrow".
Ninui
Ranger of the North

Postby Cute_and_CuddlyRaccoons » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:31 am

Louie and Tony arrived fashionably late. Luckily their contestant was already at DS 9, getting dressed for the red carpet.

Tony rubbed his handses together. “I wonder what will be on the buffet this year,” he mused. “I’m hungry for shrimpses!!”

Louie gave him a smack. “We aren’t here for the food!”

“We aren’t?” Tony muttered under his breath.

“Let’s get Ruk to the red carpet. He looks great!”

Cute_and_CuddlyRaccoons
Rider of the Mark

Postby heliona » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:25 pm

Heliona arrived with her companion for the month. This year she'd asked John Jaqobis to accompany her. She thought his skill with computers and spaceships might come in handy (although she was hoping that they wouldn't be needed) and he was fun to spend time with (not to mention, easy on the eyes ;) ). He was also handy with a gun, but that was one skill she was definitely hoping wouldn't be required!

She dressed for the red carpet and banquet, hoping that there would be some sort of force field protecting the judges' table from the inevitable food fight. Or perhaps this year she'd get involved ... it depended on how feisty she was feeling.
Image<-- Cute Border Collie puppy for Cute animal month in the TVM!

Life is short; break the rules, forgive quickly; kiss slowly; love truly; laugh uncontrollably; and never regret anything that made you smile. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Grab a chance and you won't be sorry for the might-have-beens. - Arthur Ransome

Just because I have the vocabulary of a well-educated sailor doesn't mean I'm not a lady.

In Memoriam EDW - March 14th 2009
In Memoriam rowanberry - March 1st 2014 (~In Memoriam AHH - Alfred Lord Tennyson~)

Photos: My Flickr Photo Collections & Wee Nell - the furry ball of mischief!

(I occasionally post as White Shadow - you've been warned!)

New posters, there's a Welcome and Comprehensive Guide to the Messageboard to answer your questions.
heliona
The Sexy One ~ Hellaciously Huggable

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:39 pm

"You have to cut it back!!" Tooks explained once again.

"Why?" Kruge scowled.

"The judges want a short and simple explanation of how you ended up in space. They don't want your life story."

"It all relates," Kruge was officially in a bad mood.

"Here," Tooks grabbed his notes. "Let me make a few adjustments."

here!!!

Tookish_Traveler
Party-monger

Postby Calma » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:29 pm

The graying TORC'er set her notes on the podium and looked around the crowded room. With a smile, she turned on the universal translator and spoke to those gathered. “Hello and welcome to MoST 2016. It is an honor to host our event on this great space station. I'd like to take this time to thank Captain Cisco for the use of the hall.” she motioned to the rising Captain and allowed the audience a few minutes of applause.

“Our contestants this year are: Wesley Crusher Sponsored by not listening. Kruge Sponsored by Tookish Traveler. Ruk Sponsored by Louie and Company. Morn Sponsored by Iris Brandybuck Dr. Julian Bashir Sponsord by Ninui.” As Dr. Bashir and Morn were announced the crowd released a thunderous round of applause and cheers. Calma paused to allow the crowd their moment as the two contestants acknowledged the partial crowd and took their places beside their sponsors

“This year our esteemed judges are: Cock Robin/Q and heliona Stand up and take a bow and let the contestants know who you are.” Calma stepped back as the two judges stood and waved.

“As you have seen, the contests have been posted on the various kiosks about the station. If anyone would like to join our games feel free to do so. You don't need a Premiere Membership to compete and if you are new to rping, there are veterans here who will gladly lend a hand or answer questions. It's just a fun time so, please, join us!”

“As usual, we welcome any contributions from the Peanut Gallery. If you want to join in, but don't want to be a sponsor, just be yourself and add to the flavor of the games. Sidekicks are includes as well. Also, don't forget to tip your judges and MC.”

“I now declare MoST 2016 open and may the best man win.”
Image My Very First LOL

Join the funWith The TVM

SOUNDERS!!!

Image Rock On!
Calma
Crazy Cat Lady

Postby Cute_and_CuddlyRaccoons » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:49 pm

Louie and Tony lead Ruk to one kiosks. There contestant cleared his throat and began...

"Why I... Ruk... chose space travel.

I am an android. I was made on planet EXO-III. Until now, when I came to DS 9, I have never traveled through space.
I like it. I think Androids have a real future here, where we can overt….."

Louie jumped up and turned off the microphone. "Ha ha," he laughed nervously. "Ruk is done here, folks. Nothin' more to see and hear....."

Ruk's response...
Cute_and_CuddlyRaccoons
Rider of the Mark

Postby Ninui » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:47 pm

Julian acknowledged the the crowd when he had been introduced to the audience. Joining Morn in the limelight, he smiled and waved to the crowd for a few moments longer that sat in his chair situated in front of Ninui on stage. She placed her hand on his shoulder in her own acknowledgement of the moment. She was very happy at that instant. As they listened to Ruk's reason for going into space, Julian tugged again at his tux jacket. It didn't fit right. Garak had mistakenly given his to someone in this hall. All that was available was this one. No time for altering it. He had to wear it as it was.

https://permissiontokill.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/ds9.jpg

Ninui looked just smashing in her dark red cocktail dress.

http://www.dresslafemme2016.us/bmz_cache/6/6ae99a1d1e69aba75263340357c22ea3.image.181x290.jpg

She had told him that if they get caught by flying food she didn't want the other to be ruined. He told her he thought it to be the right choice. He raised his hand to hers and gave it a pat then, as Ruk finished and walked to his seat, Julian rose and stood in front of the microphone. He waited for the applause to die down then he began.
"I went into space for what some would say selfish reasons. I could have gone to any hospital in any city on any planet and had a good career. It would have been safe and secure. But, I didn't want safe and secure. I wanted to be out here where it's never dull or uneventful. I'm on the front lines of medicine which I wanted as well." he said smiling to the crowd. "And if it ever gets dull I have a wormhole just outside" he said amusingly. The crowd applauded him as Julian acknowledged them with a slight nod of his head ,(both sides and front as Ninui instructed. Now turn...), and to the judges.
As he turned from the judges and walked back to his chair, he saw Ninui finally breathe.
Ninui
Ranger of the North

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:40 pm

Kruge strode towards the nearest kiosk to answer the question…. Why he chose to go into space.

“My journey to the stars was very ….. convoluted.
I started out getting a higher education….”

“I dabbled in time travel……”

“I sold vacuum cleaners……”

“Then I settled into driving a taxi. Until one day….. I found my destiny in the stars!!!!!”

Tooks clapped her hands as hard as she could. Kruge looked so handsome in his tux, for a Klingon.

here!!!

Tookish_Traveler
Party-monger

Postby notlistening » Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:01 pm

nl tapped her foot, the sound getting louder on the tiled floors as Wesley took his time getting dressed. There were discarded clothes strewn everywhere. Mal hadn’t returned from Quark’s bar so she figured he’d have passed out by now. Another shirt landed on the floor at her feet, halting her tapping.
“Seriously? Garak has nothing else that will fit you!” she huffed, picking up the pale lavender shirt and tossing it onto the pile.

“Well, if you’d opted for my adult self instead of this skinny kid, I’d have an easier time getting ready.” Wesley told her. He then walked from the bathroom, dressing in a black suit, with black shirt, shiny tie and spit polished boots. “This is the only thing left.” He actually looked quite good.

“That’ll do.” She said, grabbing the kid by his arm and dragging him behind her as they headed for the reception area. “I doubt anyone is still there to hear your speech but…”

“What speech?” he asked, his voice squeaking. They jumped in the lift and headed downstairs. “You never mentioned anything about speaking in public.”

“I think I did, you just weren't listening. hmmm, did I mentioned you’d have to cook as well? No? Well, we’ll cross that replicator when we get to it. The speech should be easy for you. It’s about why you went to space.”

Wesley let go of his death grip on the turbo lift door and straightened his suit (using the Picard manoeuvrer.) “Okay, Space is easy. I can do this.”

“Atta boy!” she said and pushed him into the judges line of sight.

Wesley blinked at the brightness of the lights and faced where he thought the esteemed judges were sitting.

“Space…it’s the final frontier. And really big, you just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space. But I digress…” he said, seeing nl throw her hands up and head for Quarks. “I went to space mainly because my parents were part of Starfleet. They kept me with them on all their assignments so I’ve mostly lived on spaceships rather than planetside. And there’s no where I’d rather be than on the bridge or engineering section of a ship, learning more, tinkering with isolinear chips, learning all I can to be the best Starfleet Academy student that I can be..."

There were several cries of "Shut up, Wesley!" But they didn't seem to phase him now he'd gotten going.

" I’d like to go where no man has gone before but I have to grow up a bit before that is ever going to happen. Thank you.” Wesley said, bowing quickly before getting out of the spotlight. He discovered he’d been facing a bulkhead and his back had been to the judges but shrugged in his cute boyish way and went to find his sponsor and her drunken boytoy.

notlistening
wandering not lost

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:07 pm

Iris and Salem were pacing in the suite. Iris went left, Salem went right...Salem went left, Iris went right...back and forth, back and forth...

"Where IS he!?" Iris raged.

"I told you, he and Mal were drinking and telling stories..." Salem sat for a moment to lick a paw. "I TOLD him to hurry up."

Iris swore. She should have known Mal and Morn would hit it off.

"Okay, this is what we're going to do...I'm going down and I'm dragging him on stage. You with me?"

"All the way." Salem followed her out the door.

Once down in Quark's, Iris took in the scene and almost laughed. Morn was still sitting in his chair, calmly drinking...something. Mal, on the other hand, was sprawled across two chairs, singing something about the sky being free or...well, whatever. Everyone else was watching him and grinning. Wordlessly, Quark passed him another drink. He reached up, deftly took it, and promptly poured it all over his face.

"Why aren't you serving him synth-ale?" Iris grumbled, approaching the bar.

"I have been...six drinks ago." Quark shrugged. "Not my problem."

Turning to Morn, Iris said, "We're late...you have to go out there and tell them why you chose your career!"

Nodding once, Morn set his drink down, patted Mal on the knee, and walked out of the bar. Bemused, Iris and Salem followed him to the banquet hall....

(TBC)

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck
I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

Postby Ninui » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:39 pm

CR answered the chime on his quarters door and when it opened there stood a Bajoran delivery person all dressed in brown.With a smile, he handed over to CR three festively wrapped boxes which had been stacked on top of one another and fastened with a colorful ribbon tied in a bow. CR thanked the delivery person and went to take up the seat at his desk that he had left moments ago to answer the door.
"And so t begins," he said as he untied the bow. "I believe there's time for these before I need to get back to the hall".
Taking the top box from the tier and removing the paper, he found it held a small chest.

http://www.channelweb.co.uk/IMG/114/250114/treasure-chest-with-gold-coins-370x229.jpg?1435037410

From the next :

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/-HIAAOSwwbdWPVu8/s-l300.jpg

When he opened the third box, he discovered three smaller boxes. In the first:

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/LL4AAOSw7I5Twqat/s-l300.jpg

in the second:
http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/2qwAAOSw5ZBWQww4/s-l300.jpg

Within the third and final small box:

http://img2.okidoker.com/c/5/3/6/436157/4769779/9970299_6.jpg

He lifted the weighty watch from its nesting place inside the box. Tied by a white ribbon,around the band, was a card. turning it eye level, he read,
"This is only the beginning. Julian."
Ninui
Ranger of the North

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:33 pm

Tooks headed straight for the bar before going to her assigned table at the banquet. She knew she would need a few belts before all the fun began....

here!!!

Tookish_Traveler
Party-monger

Postby Cock-Robin » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:38 pm

Q was watching the speeches on how they liked space with increasing boredom. The gifts so far were interesting. When Wesley came up and faced the bulkhead, giving his speech, Q snapped his fingers, turning him into a yapping dog. Same difference. "I think you should turn him back before he notices, Q." said Cock-Robin. "But he sounds so much better." said Q. "But, let's turn him back. I doubt if he even noticed he was a dog." He snapped his fingers and it was that obnoxious boy again. He joined the crowd in saying "Shut up, Wesley!"

Now, where was this Morn guy?

Cuuuuute!

Meneldor, Warrior Bard, and Brondgast, Mithril Knights

Gwaeryn and Robin, The Expected Party

Meneldor, Alatar and Pallando, Darkness Reigns: The Resistance

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby notlistening » Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:34 pm

“Did you see what Q just did?” nl asked Mal as she sat down next to him. Wesley turned from boy to dog and back again before most people blinked.

“Q who?” Mal slurred and slid further down in his chair.

“Q. The Loki of the Star Trek world, He who must be… oh what’s the point? You’re smashed, mister.” She said, sighing as Quark placed a Jovian Sunspot in front of her.

“What have you been giving him? I haven’t seen him this drunk since the last U-day.” She sipped the drink and smiled. Refreshing. A nice way to end a busy, stressful day.

“He started on the synth ale but said it was weak as...well something no one would drink, so I got out the good stuff. He said it tasted like Mudders milk and consumed the whole bottle. That will be going on your tab, young lady.” He placed a PADD in front of her and she placed her thumb on it. “Then he and Morn started singing show tunes. So I added something extra…”

Mal slid to the floor and started to snore.

“Could you get him out of here? He’s making the placed look untidy.” And with that the big eared Ferengi walked off to serve someone else.

Nl finished her Sunspot then dragged Mal to his very unsteady feet. She threw his arm around her shoulder and headed for the turbo lift…in a very weaving pattern. Mal wanted to stop and look at all the pretty lights, shiny Dabo tables and the Dabo girls.

Q took pity on his former sponsor and zapped the pair to her room. A room that reeked f burnt brownies.

"WESLEY CRUSHER!!!!!"

notlistening
wandering not lost

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:12 pm

Tooks headed to her table, plate piled high with food.

"Is that necessary?" Kruge asked.

"Indeed," Tooks answered. "I may have to make to make a mad dash for it..."

Kruge had a puzzled look on his face, but just then Tooks saw the raccoons and Ruk enter the room.

"Um.... do you have your brownie recipe ready for tomorrow?" she asked.

"I have a recipe. I do not understand your..... brownies."

Tooks rolled her eyes. "Well, just so I don't have to eat any of them."

here!!!

Tookish_Traveler
Party-monger

Postby Ninui » Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:22 pm

Ninui waved the smoky air away from her face as she walked into DS9's private " officers mess". She watched as Julian pulled yet another promising pan of would be brownies out of the oven. He plopped the pan onto the baking counter. She almost laughed at the distraught look on his face but didn't. She knew that preparing food really wasn't his forte. At least he hadn't thrown in the towel.
"Anything but baking" he groaned. "Taming a Targ would have been easier than this. Maybe Kruge brought his with him." Julian added leaning against the counter as he glanced over his shoulder at the smoldering remains.
Ninui came up and put her hand on his shoulder. " Don't give up,Julian. You'll make it right. I know it." she said as he humphed in response. "Anyway. I left a message for Calma. Asked if it's alright for me to lend a few pointers."
"Here's the list or bri... gifts," Ninui said,changing the subject. "Have they gone out to the judges and MC?"
"CR's first installment went earlier, Heliona's this morning." he replied as he took the list from her hand. "This went" he said as he went down the screen

https://xboxkompass.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/sacred2_12.jpg?w=300&h=300

"And these ":

http://socialpowerhour.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/bakin_and_eggs__bacon_chocolate_chip_cookies-400x300.jpg

"Oh, I almost for got the coffee/tea service." he said with a smile and wink to her as he took a brief look at Ninui. "But don't worry. It was put on the delivery hand trolly."

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51uBhjjl-UL._SY300_QL70_.jpg

"And lastly, along with the card, this went":
http://img-fotki.yandex.ru/get/5304/47407354.230/0_8271b_595b459a_M.png

"Well done,Julian. Are we headed for the banquet for something before the food flies. You should make an appearance at least".
He nodded. "I'll just go back to my quarters and change first. Garak finished my jacket this afternoon. I'll get it and meet you there."
Ninui
Ranger of the North

Postby Calma » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:20 am

Calma crawled out of the bed she'd been sleeping in for the past 24 hours and made her way to the bathroom and the sonic shower. Pausing to take a quick glance in the mirror, she shuddered and stepped into the shower. Her naturally curly hair looked more like an explosion in a Brillo factory than anything that could even resemble hair.

The shower was refreshing and she felt a little better when she again looked in the mirror and the Brillo was gone. Still feeling a bit cotton headed, she made her way to the bedroom to dress for the brownie judging. Archie was there with a mug of chicken broth. She smiled as she accepted the kind gesture and sipped the warm broth. “How are things going down there?” She asked the tall man.

He casually shrugged. “The usual.” He replied. “No one's thrown food yet, which is quite the surprise.” He chuckled. “Though the entire station reeks of burned brownies.”

Calma laughed. “I thought as much. I just thought I'd throw that contest in because I love brownies.” She sipped the broth again and sighed. “Sooo good. Ooohhh...” Her eyes lit up when she saw the plate of chocolate chip cookies. “Hey, half are gone.” She turned a suspicious eye to her companion.

“They were nice and warm, too.” He laughed.

“And you didn't wake me up”

“My love, you were so far out of it, a full armada of Romulan Bird of Prey's rumbling toward us couldn't bust you out of that bed. I saved you some. Now drink your broth. You're due at the brownie judging in minutes.”

Calma gave him a sideways look but did as told grumbling all the while.
Image My Very First LOL

Join the funWith The TVM

SOUNDERS!!!

Image Rock On!
Calma
Crazy Cat Lady

Postby Cute_and_CuddlyRaccoons » Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:03 pm

Louie and Tony rode into the banquet on the shoulders of their contestant, Ruk. They directed him immediately to the shrimp.

"Hand me a plate, Ruk, my good fellow," Louie said. "I'm going to pile it high!!!"
Cute_and_CuddlyRaccoons
Rider of the Mark

Postby Ninui » Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:15 pm

Julian, with a bit of advise from Ninui, had finally achieved success with his 2nd week challenge and now was making his way down to the hall so that they could be presented to the judges. He was sure glad that the baking part was over. He didn't think he was up to another forty or so minutes in the private mess.
Pushing the small buffet cart that held the brownies so hard fought to make before him, Julian rounded the curve in the circular corridor. "Not far now", he said to himself. He could even see Ninui standing in front of the door to the hall. He raised a hand shoulder high and as he waved to her, a group of shoppers came out from a store on the Prominade and ran right into Julian and his cart full of brownies !
Julian stood in shock as he watched them fly from the cart then skitter across the deck. People around him either laughed,stared or began to help pick them up with apologies with each that was returned. Ninui came up to help as many onlookers had done. Julian felt awful. He had worked so hard.
He swore if he ever caught up with the ones who ran into him,(they ran after it happened), he'd......
"Don't worry, Julian", Ninui said interrupting his plot of vengeance, " you still have time to do this over. Now come on," she said tugging on his sleeve, "I really could use something to eat about now and I'd like to do so before the food flies."
Julian,still mourning the loss of his brownies, nodded and walked up to the banquet hall with his friend.
Ninui
Ranger of the North

Postby notlistening » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:48 am

There was smoke wafting out of nl's quarters when she opened the doors and almost dropped Mal on the floor. The handsome captain was quite a bit heavier than she figured...but when some gold pressed lattinum fell from his pockets, she figured that was the cause of the weight gain.

"Is ssssshomeone sssshacrificing sssshomething in here? Shhhmells like burnt eel..." Mal slurred before nl dropped his face down on the bed.

"Wesley, what's the awful smell? Did you put gah in your brownie mix?" she asked, waving a pillow to clear the smoke.

Suddenly a loud sluuuuurp was heard and the smoke vanished into the air ducts. Wesley stood sheepishly by the replicator.

"I tried a Klingon Brownie recipe, to show some initiative to the judges." Wesley held out the remains of the burnt offering. "It didn't go well."

"I can tell." she dropped the bowl into the reclaimator and dusted off her hands of clinging pieces of rogue gah. "Let's just try traditional, but using Godiva chocolate in the mix. I hear the judges are suckers for teh stuff. They don't expect you to save the day like in your earlier episodes." She spread out the recipe for him and then went to take a bath.

"This never happens on the Big Bang Theory. I always triumph." Wes muttered as he began to input new ingredients to the replicator.

notlistening
wandering not lost

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:22 pm

In the meantime, Kruge shows everyone how to whip up a proper batch of Klingon brownies.......

The recipe:

Klingon Brownies:

• 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
• 1 cup sugar
• 1 large egg
• 24 tribble brains
• 1 cup all-purpose flour
• 1 cup fine GAGH
• 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
• 1/2 cup (3 ounces) bitter chocolate, chopped,
• 3 tablespoons sour cream
• 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
• 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
• Nonstick cooking spray

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, stir together butter, sugar, salt, and egg until combined. Add vanilla, GAGH, and sour cream and stir until incorporated. Sift flour and cocoa powder into bowl and stir until combined. Stir in chocolate.
2. Spray two mini muffin pans with cooking spray. Fill each cup with 2 tablespoons batter and top with a tribble brain. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of a brownie comes out clean, 15 to 17 minutes. Let brownies cool slightly in pans on wire racks before serving.

Tooks carefully carried the brownies to the waiting judges.....

here!!!

Tookish_Traveler
Party-monger

Next

Return to Talk: The Bird and the Baby