Men Of Middle Earth (MoME) 2016

Just as Tolkien and the Inklings used to meet at The Bird and the Baby, come in here to converse about whatever might be on your mind. This is the place for all off-topic conversation.

Re: Men Of Middle Earth (MoME) 2016

Postby Ladykat » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:05 pm

LK and Salem opened the box that had just been delivered. For a moment, they stared at the contents, then looked at each other.

"I do hope that's not a fully functioning TARDIS," LK said. "The last thing this universe needs is YOU loose in time and space."

LK
Last edited by Ladykat on Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ladykat
Between the Worlds of Men and Make Believe I Can be Found

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:40 am

"What's with the scratches all over your face?" Tooks asked Hama.

"Please don't ask."

"Ummm. Okay. Ready for the final event?"

"There's more?" Hama whimpered.

"Yea. Piece of cake. An essay on how you would ascend to the throne of Gondor or somesuch."

"Crawl under a rock," he muttered.

"What?"

"Never mind..."

The BLOB!!1111oneoneon....

The TVM wants to know about YOUR favorite monsters!!!111

:D

---------------------------------

Watch my (low budget) movie
here!!!

For more fun, watch this video! ->

Star Trek meets Monty Python!!
Tookish_Traveler
Party-monger

Postby Ninui » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:17 pm

Ninui went over the list of gifts for the judges and mc. These would be the final ones of the competition and they needed to be well thought out. Taking a step to the full trolley, she matched each box and scroll to her list and marked them as she looked them over.

For LK : she placed another box of treats from her catering shop.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/ba/c1/ed/bac1ede283e089499cd0d1b95a2b5664.jpg

A pre paid Visa card to spend in any way she wishes to spend it. .. http://unitedcardservices.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Win-a-5000-Visa-Gift-Card-300x215.jpg

In a small box were a set of keys to one of these,(color choice is hers once she gets home),...
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/75/5a/27/755a27d87c71cb713b0465a3d3a36414.jpg
And once she is home and drives to work, she'll find that she has been promoted as Office Manager with full authority over staff. Someone else will be answering the phones !

Heliona was receiving the same cakes and gift card but also her own private library filled with any and all books of her choosing
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-qaxMoymbVpQ/VioRvbRYuVI/AAAAAAAAAsE/BBcKehxZzJw/s400/ancient-library.jpg
And to get to her private library... http://imganuncios.mitula.net/fort_lauderdale_1650047475883098065.jpg
And of course the color of the Motor Scooter will be of her choosing.

Thinking long and hard on MC Calma's gifts, Ninui finally decided on the cakes and gift card but added a full library of everything recorded by ....
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/--AjiaaAC_3w/UXdABFI6DyI/AAAAAAAALbM/A6z419HWaa0/s400/beatles-460_789692c.jpg. There is also a state of the art player at her home to play the pristine vinyl on.
Since Ninui had no idea of the choice, she has left word at multiple dealers in Calma's home town to hand over what ever she'd like. In her choice of color.

https://www.linkedin.com/mpr/mpr/shrinknp_400_400/AAEAAQAAAAAAAAXIAAAAJDE1ZmViM2I5LTA2NmEtNGY2YS05YWZlLTUzZGNlOWE4YjFkZg.jpg

She stepped away from the trolley and called for two delivery people to come for it and send it on it's way. They came in good time for it. When they had departed, Ninui went out the door and headed for the banquet room to meet Maybon and the roast beef sandwich with her name written all over it.
Ninui
Ranger of the North

Postby Ninui » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:04 pm

"Ninui," Maybon called as he walked into her room. "You in here"?
"Yes," she replied after a moment or two. "In the anteroom just finishing up some last minute gifts for the judges and mc".
He followed her voice into the other room and found Ninui standing at a table putting something together. He couldn't just at the moment see what she was doing but as he got closer,
"What is this you're making.
"Bouquets". she answered swatting his hand as he reached for a piece of the bouquet content. " The two behind me are for MC Calma and Judge Heliona. This third one is for Judge LK".
He rubbed his hand somewhat, "I thought you had finished with gifts, my dear".
"I"m never finished,Maybon". she replied putting another piece to the bouquet. "What brings you here anyway"?
"Since you and Gamling are near finished with the competition, I thought you'd like to take some time and go riding with me this afternoon. It is a most lovely day for it".
I love to,Maybon" turning her head towards him. "I'll be finished here in about a half hour. How about we meet down at the stable yard an hour from now".
"Sounds good. I'll see you then, Ninui".
She heard the door close behind him then turned to her task at hand.

For MC Calma :
http://www.judysflorist.com/images/coke_break16lg.jpg
For Judge Heliona : http://sensualbaskets.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/small_image/300x/f1e2dd95693698f594e97fe36c8ada5d/m/u/mugcandy_1_.jpg
"And lastly," she said to herself as she placed it next to the others, "for Judge LK : http://www.juneausbestballoons.com/publishImages/Candy-Bouquets~~element78.jpg
Ninui
Ranger of the North

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:43 am

Hama sat down to complete the final contest....

Week 4: Essay contest:
In 50 words or less tell us how you would ascend to the throne of Gondor and rule the world?

He diligently began writing. After a few minutes he stopped and counted....

1...2...3...4...................................................................................................................................................................................
.... 45....46....47....48.........

"Hmmm. 51 words. I have to cut one out."

He scratched his head.

here!!!

Tookish_Traveler
Party-monger

Postby Cute_and_CuddlyRaccoons » Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:57 pm

"Okay," Fred told Louie, "you write down what I say for my essay. Your handses handle a pencil better than mine."

Louie nodded and got ready to transcribe.

"Ahem," Fred began.

"How I Will Succeed at World Domination, by Fred Ferret.

Ferrets are extremely cute and cuddly [much like raccoons, added Louie]. My plan is to have ferrets infiltrate every household of Middle-Earth. They will be so in love with us, that when the orcs come to eat us, they will ferociously kill all the orcs. Then we will be fed well everyday and get toys and treats.

The End."
Cute_and_CuddlyRaccoons
Rider of the Mark

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:47 pm

Hama was finally able to submit his essay to the judges. After this he just wanted to go sit in a hot tub, but Tooks said he would have to go shopping. Shopping???

Hama's essay:

here!!!

Tookish_Traveler
Party-monger

Postby Ninui » Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:50 pm

Gamling was carrying a tray of food from the banquet hall. As he neared his assigned room at the Inn, .. http://r-ec.bstatic.com/images/hotel/max400/361/3617081.jpg, he couldn't keep from thinking how he was going to complete this final challenge. He had been at it for more than a day now and just was so perplexed. As he got within a few feet from his door he saw Ninui just turning from it.
"Ninui", he called softly. She turned with a smile on her face.
"There you are", she replied. "We were wondering just what became of you. No one has seen you since your archery shoot yesterday".
As he balanced his tray and opened his door, "I've been here alone with my essay, Ninui".
"Indeed. How's it coming along, my friend".
He shook his head. "not well I'm afraid". answering as they crossed the doorway. Gamling walked across the room and set his tray down on the small table. He picked up a page and handed it to Ninui.
"I just can't seem to get an idea fully onto the page. I don't have that many years of schooling nor the proper words to use for this. It is the challenge I most dreaded".
"I hated essay questions when I was in school, Gamling. You never knew if what you put down was what your instructor wanted. They gave me the shakes alright". she said as she read. Then looking to him once again, "Seems to me this is along the line you want to continue with. Factual and amusing". She handed him back his hard fought for page. "I can stay if you'd like. Help with the wording".
" No. I want this to be me as much as possible".
Ninui held his arm for a moment. "I'm sure that whatever you come up with, it will knock their socks off". Giving him another smile, she turned and walked to the door. Turning,"Send for me should you need me".
Ninui
Ranger of the North

Postby Ninui » Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:50 pm

After he submitted his essay, Gamling silently walked back to his room picked up his riding gear and headed to the stables. He needed to clear his head.

"How I Would Become King Of Minas Tirith And Rule All Of Gondor">
By Gamling.

"Stealth is better than force and the fewer that knows what you are about to do also the better. I would enlist the aid of no more than four to five good strong men who care not of much. In the cover of the darkest of the night, We would go up the paths of Minas Tirith all the way to the royal level itself. Obtaining entry would be achieved by knocking out the guards at the side way in. We would make our way to the royal chamberand once inside, subdue the king as he slept in his bed.He would be quickly silenced and taken out the way we had gone in. We would go down to the royal stables where the disgruntled secondary blacksmiths awaited us. A mask would be placed over the kings head,leaving but holes for breathing,seeing, and eating, this mask would encompass his entire head".
He would be hurried away to the rivers edge, placed aboard a boat and rowed far from the shores of Minas Tirith. I would Transfer him to an enclosed wagon riding fast to Isengard and lock in the now vacant tower of Orthanc with save only three guards to watch over him. They would be told nothing of who he really is just that he is but a lunatic and not to be believed. No harm was ever to befall him and that he should live out the rest of his days there and when that day arrives, his body would be buried with no marker for any to see and that I, who is now the king of all Gondor, would be immediately of his passing. Of course everyone involved would need to be taken care of as well I'm afraid but, I'd still be king".
Ninui
Ranger of the North

Postby Cock-Robin » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:08 am

And finally, Samwise put forth his essay:

I would take the kingdom of Gondor by right, as I overthrew Barad-dur and cast out Sauron from Mordor, making the vale of Gorgoroth the garden of my delight. I put his Ring to good use, and am a benevolent ruler, and so shall I over Gondor. Aragorn would see it my way and step down from his high throne and my rule would begin.

The soldiers cheered. "Hail, Samwise the Strong! Hail the hero of the age!"

Remember Fangface?

Meneldor, Warrior Bard, and Brondgast, Mithril Knights

Gwaeryn and Robin, The Expected Party

Meneldor, Alatar and Pallando, Darkness Reigns: The Resistance

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Calma » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:23 pm

As she exited the manager's office, Calma was met by Archie. “Are we extended?” The tall man asked.

“We are.” She nodded. “The place is not well known yet so he was happy to give us the same block of rooms for the same price.” The couple stopped at the door leading to the banquet hall. “Looks like they are setting up for the Awards Ceremony.” she commented as they walked on. “The judges are in their quarters going over the scores and stalling for time in case there are any last minute catch-ups.” They left the inn by the side door and found a comfortable bench in the courtyard. “If MoME goes through November, it won't be a big deal.” she pulled her notes from her bag and began to peruse them. “Do us a favor, Luv, grab us a sandwich and a soda, then.”

The tall man nodded and walked away. He was happy to stay a bit longer and he was becoming a bit hungry as well.

Frank Langella in Dracula '79 {swoons}

August is Favorite Monster Month in the TVM!!! :D

Join the funWith The TVM

ImageCAT LOVERS GUILD :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

:yippie: MARINERS!!!!!

WINS: 51 :D
LOSSES: 52 :P

SOUNDERS!!!

Toni...Dannie…Ray-Ray…William...Waneta...Damon...David...Guy… rowan

Always looking for new posters for the TORC 365 PROJECT

Image Rock On!
Calma
Crazy Cat Lady

Location: Up the road, across the street, down the lane, and around the bend

Postby Ninui » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:23 pm

Ninui stood ready for her turn at the target. http://www.clickfans.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/7-200x300.jpg. Maybon was having a good day with the arrows and had a nice tidy point spread built up. Soon, Ninui would be able to stuff those chuckles he had given her throughout his turn right down his throat. She couldn't help but smile at her forth coming victory. She waited a few more minutes, then " That's it then", Maybon said after he let loose his final arrow, "your up, Ninui. And I do think you're going to have to work for this one". He gloated a bit as he went to retrieve his arrows from the target. Taking his point count, he replaced the target face with a fresh one,turned and walked back to where he had stood moments ago.
"Looks like we'll be here for MoME a bit longer you think"? he asked as she notched an arrow to her bow. She turned her head to him,
"Yes. But I've nothing else planned. My calendar is wide open at the moment.. I've been told by Theoden that he'll forgo assigning Gamling from all duties until MoME has been completed. And you. Are you ready to stay on with us or do you need to be back at your Earldom".
As he belted on his sword, http://blog.pearsonsrenaissanceshoppe.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Medieval_Combat-200x300.jpg, "No. my Steward is managing my affairs while I'm away. And he does a good job. I have no worries and can remain as long as I am wanted and needed".
Ninui took up her bow and fired her first shot. It flew straight but ended just shy of the bulls eye. Notching another,"I'm under the assumption that the competition may last another week or two so that those who wish to can catch up in their contests. It is the honorable thing to do." She let another arrow fly. "Much better Ninui" she said to herself with a short slight smile on her face.Turning she did not hide her grin as she looked at him. Turning back to the target Ninui notched her arrow took aim and fired.
http://tse4.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.M5dd13f742963d767cac4a7bc31fdf736o0&h=300&w=200 The groan she heard. Priceless
Ninui
Ranger of the North

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:55 pm

OOC: This should pretty much bring Bob and I up to the very end...unless there's a food fight to be had!

Iris woke slowly, her head pounding in rhythm to her heart...no, check that...to the rhythm of...bagpipes? Something wet and rough kept swiping across her forehead and, finally, she opened her eye and looked up into the spotted and swirled face and blue-green eyes of Shadow.

“Finally! I was starting to think we were in serious trouble!” the leopard exclaimed.

“Wha...what happened?” Iris sat up and immediately regretted it. Her head all but exploded and her stomach tried to run away without taking her body along.

“Deep breaths. Here, I had a pitcher of water brought up...” Shadow nudged the sweating pitcher. Gratefully, Iris poured a glass, drank it, poured another and had it half gone before Shadow said. “We've only a few hours left...”

“What the...” Iris bit off an impolite word, then gave in, “What the scrap? What do you mean a few hours? We should have DAYS Shadow!”

“Such language. Your friend Jack has a lot to answer for.” The leopard licked a paw wet, then swiped at her ear a twice, then repeated the process. “You've been out for...a bit.”

“Tell. Me. What. HAPPEND.”

Heaving a heavy sigh, Shadow stretched. “Very well.”

It was a bit much to completely understand, but as far as Iris was able to make out, shortly after the yacht arrived and Bob fainted, Iris had first tried to send the craft back through...but there was some sort of malfunction. Ultimately, Shadow rounded up a few enterprising young dwarves (who were looking to make a bit of gold on the side) and they managed to take out a section of outside wall and build a contraption to swing the yacht out and into the river. Bob finally woke up in time to be dressed in his sailing best and, with Shadow at his side, raced down the river far, far behind the others.

“But at least he managed it without fainting again,” Shadow said dryly. “He waited until he was on land again.”

Vaguely Iris remembered this, but wondered more what had made her pass out.

“We moved onto the highland games...mind you, we were running about like fools and I think we missed most of what everyone else was doing. Anyhow...well...it was the caber toss. You see...Bob's not that strong...”

Suddenly Iris had an image of Bob in kilt (and not looking bad at all)...

Imagelifting a caber sized and calibrated just for him by the ever-resourceful Jack. She recalled him staggering, and then righting himself and preparing for the toss...

“Oh...oh no...he hit me, didn't he?”

Shadow snorted. “You'd be dead. No, he threw it alright, and nearly hit a stray raccoon flunky hanging around those...those...” She hissed, then went back to grooming. “Anyhow, the raccoon leaped out of the way just in time, knocking over a tent pole, the tent started to collapse, you jumped to catch one of the supports and THAT hit you on the head.”

“Ohhhh...”

“But that's not why you were unconscious,” the cat continued, switching paws. “That evening someone sent up a lovely blueberry wine. Or I think it was lovely, I didn't try it. In fact, neither you nor Bob had more than a glass...”

“But there was more to the highland part...”

“No, the judges decided to give Bob a break...well, before he broke something, that is.”

“Oh.” Iris was on her fourth glass of water and thinking they'd need to refill the pitcher. “So...the wine?”

“It was laced with...something. I haven't the faintest what...but it put you both out and, well...Bob isn't awake yet. They're getting ready to tally...and we've an essay to write and read.”

“Oh, slag.”

“That language again!” Shadow narrowed her eyes. “Any plans?”

Iris considered the matter and then said, “Okay...we've three things to do. Wake Bob, write an essay, and send some bribes. You wake him...do whatever you have to...and I'll take care of the other two things.”

“Forget the bribes,” Shadow said, standing and arching her back. “The bridge...well...”

“What did you do?”

“It wasn't me. It was one of the dwarves...Bobbin...Hobgobblin...I don't know. Anyhow, when they were putting the wall back together he...hit the control panel. With a sledge hammer.”

Iris just groaned.

Somehow they managed to get Bob up and dressed. While Shadow bullied him into bathing and changing clothes and pretending he cared at this point, Iris sat in the other room, composing the essay and shouting questions to Bob as she went along. After all, it was supposed to be HIS essay, but she doubted anyone would care at this point. Finally, the three of them hustled down to the ballroom where the other contestants were just finishing up. The only one of them that looked even remotely put together was Shadow...but then she was a feline and that's something any feline can accomplish with aplomb. Iris didn't even take time to change clothes, just ran a brush through unruly hair, then gave up and tied it back.

“Here. Just go up to the mic and read this,” Iris said, shoving a paper into Bob's hands.

“Oh, my head...” Bob moaned.

“The sooner you do it, the sooner you can sit down and have a bite to eat,” Shadow supplied.

With a grand sigh, Bob toddled over to the microphone. The judges, looking harried but pleased to see they'd FINALLY shown up, smiled encouragingly. Bob looked down at the paper, read over it, frowned, then crumpled it up and tossed it aside. (Salem, ever at LK's side this year, made for it, but LK caught him by the scruff of the neck.”

“Listen, my friends,” Bob said wearily. “This wasn't even my idea. It was Butterbur's idea. He said someone needed to put Bree back on the map and I was just the chap to do it. I've been stuffed like a turkey in the most uncomfortable clothes, put on a boat...a BOAT! No sensible person would EVER get on a boat. But did they ask me? And after that...a caber toss? I can hardly carry a full tray of pints through the barroom and they expected me to toss that thing?” Rubbing his eyes, Bob went on, “And then that wine...I'm sure the ferret had something to do with it...but whatever. First real sleep I've had all through this...this...Anyhow. I just wanted to say that I wouldn't take the throne of Gondor if it were offered me. But then, I probably wouldn't have a choice, now would I?”

And with that he stomped off.

Iris sank her head into her hands and tried desperately not to cry.

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck
I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

Postby Ladykat » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:54 pm

There was a silence throughout the hall after Bob finished speaking. Then, LK rose to her feet, and slowly began to clap her hands. She had wondered about that essay question, wondered how Aragorn felt hearing about how others would take over his kingdom and his rule. Not a single one of the contestants had started their essays "If Gondor had no king and needed someone to rule, then I would...." No, everyone except Fred (whose plan for ferret domination wasn't so different from what cats had been doing for centuries) and now Bob had plans to get rid of the current king.

She liked Bob's answer. Beside her, Salem sat purring and chuckling to himself. He liked it, too. And, judging from the big grin on King Aragorn's face, he liked it as well.

LK
Last edited by Ladykat on Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ladykat

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:57 am

Shadow was full of feline pride when Bob returned to their table. Iris was startled by the applause and stared at Bob in wonder.

"Well...not bad," she finally said. "I guess I should have just let you speak from the heart to begin with."

Bob only nodded, pouring himself a stiff drink of something green. ( ;) )

Shadow had wandered off. Moments later she returned with a paper back with the logo of some fancy restaurant Iris couldn't pronounce. Setting it down, she said, "Oh...the bridge is working again. Your friend Jack is a charming fellow...helped me acquire this."

"What is it?"

"Several gourmet fish dishes. Thought maybe it was time to make peace with the black feline...we might need his help sometime.' Picking the bag up again with her teeth, she made her way across the room to the judges' table.

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck

Postby Ladykat » Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:18 pm

Apprehensively LK watched as Shadow approached the table carrying a bag in her mouth. Salem watched too, alert and tense. Shadow dropped the bag in front of Salem.

“Peace offering,” she purred sweetly. “Truce?” Caught by the enticing odor of seafood coming from the bag, Salem relaxed and smiled.

“Yes of course!” he cried happily. “How nice! We were beginning to think Bob had forgotten us as far as the ahhhh...gifts for the judges.”

Relieved that there didn't seem to be any impending bloodshed, LK spoke up quickly. “We were wondering what happened to all of you, Bob missed so many of the contests. Can you tell us what was wrong? Was Bob ill?”

“Not ill exactly, no,” Shadow replied. “Do you know anything about the activities of those idiot raccoons?”

“I think they've been behind a lot of the trouble Hama's been having.” LK said with a glance at Salem, and heard a chuckle of assent from the black cat. "Why? Did they do something to Bob?”

“And Iris,” Shadow said. “TO IRIS! WHAT!?! WHAT DID THEY DO??” Salem was on his feet, eyes blazing. “There was some drugged wine sent up to the room,” Shadow explained. “I think they were behind it. It knocked Iris and Bob out for several days. I don't think they were supposed to wake up until MoME was over which would effectively take Bob out of the running.”

“Why those miserable, little....”Salem growled deep in his throat. “I was SO hoping you's feel that way,” Shadow said, a malicious lilt in her voice. “I believe some retribution is in order. Care to join me?”

A look of understanding passed between the two cats. LK stood, and said loudly,”I'm going to get the videos of Bob's events, and those of anyone else who needed to catch up. Calma will be wanting the votes soon. I'm not here, so I don't know what you're planning or talking about. And if you need any help,” she added in an undertone as she passed in front of the table, “just let me know!”

Eyes glittering, Salem and Shadow grinned wickedly.

LK
Ladykat

Postby Cock-Robin » Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:08 pm

Ignore this. Posted in the wrong thread.

Remember Fangface?

Meneldor, Warrior Bard, and Brondgast, Mithril Knights

Gwaeryn and Robin, The Expected Party

Meneldor, Alatar and Pallando, Darkness Reigns: The Resistance

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Calma » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:52 pm

As the door of the suite opened, Calma looked up and smiled when Archie entered the room. “How are things going downstairs?” she asked as he removed his jacket.

“Everyone is having a good time.” He replied. “Salem and Shadow seem to have formed an alliance against the raccoons. They have solemnly swore that no blood will be shed. Might need Jack Hannah, though.” He chuckled as he sat on the sofa. “Those the designs for the awards?”

“Yes.” She passed them to him. “What do you think?”

He nodded approvingly as he studied each one then returned them to Calma. “I like them.”

“Just need the votes now.” She grinned. “I received a missive from heliona. She's in the middle of moving and can't get them to me until Monday, so it looks like we'll be delaying the ceremony for another day. If I can get everything but the winner's name done, that will make things easier.”

“Shall I call for dinner?” The tall man asked.

“Sounds like a plan to me.” The graying TORC'er grinned. “I'd love their seafood patter again, please.” She said as she returned to the awards.

Join the funWith The TVM

SOUNDERS!!!

Image Rock On!
Calma
Crazy Cat Lady

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:03 pm

Tooks surveyed the pasta table. It was glorious. She picked up 2 plates and grabbed a spatula...

here!!!

Tookish_Traveler
Party-monger

Postby Ladykat » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:37 pm

LK sat in the middle of the bed in her room, various papers and videos scattered around, her laptop perched precariously at the foot of the bed. She was trying to get the MoME scores together, Calma was expecting them, and the sooner she finished, the sooner she'd be able to relax and enjoy the rest of her stay. So after ordering dinner be sent up to her room, she'd left the dining hall and gotten to work. Salem had not come with her, having disappeared somewhere with Shadow. Fleetingly, she wondered what they were up to, then dismissed the thought and started reviewing the videos again.

She had just finished the first three categories, when there was a scratching at the door, and a loud voice demanded “Open up, PLEASE!” Startled, she scooted off the bed and crossed the room to open the door. Salem bounded in, and began to eat her leftover dinner. “How's it going?” he asked, licking gravy from his whiskers.

“Pretty good,” she replied. “I'm doing the easy ones first. You know, the red carpet, the essay...”

“The ferret should not get any points for the world domination question,” Salem snapped. “He stole that idea from us cats!”

"Yes, I know,” she said soothingly. “But what I'm really having a problem with are the Highland Games. I have to average all three events together, and some contestants didn't do all three.”

“You should give Bob extra points for nearly clobbering one of those miserable raccoons,” Salem said while continuing to wash his face. “No, I can't do that, but I'm not taking any points away either,” she replied. “It wasn't Bob's fault that silly raccoon suddenly darted out onto the playing field.”

“Pippin took out an ice sculpture,” Salem reminded her happily. “What about that?” LK tried not to laugh. “That's different,” she grinned. “The ice sculpture didn't suddenly decide to get in Pippin's way. I think his aim might have been better had he not been trying to dance while tossing the caber. And I didn't see him do any archery, either.”

“Probably couldn't walk after doing the splits like that,” Salem snickered. This time LK did laugh. “You could be right, although I don't think that was intentional. Well, back to work. Gonna help me?" she asked.

“Maybe later. Something I have to do.....” the black cat replied vaguely, stretching and easing off to the corner where the TARDIS was sitting.

Shrugging, LK went back to work. She was so engrossed, she hardly registered the low, humming sound at the edge of her consciousness. After what seemed like hours, she sat back. “Got it!” she sighed with satisfaction. “It's officially a done deal. What say furball? Let's get this to Calma then go out and party! Salem?”

Receiving no reply, she glanced around the room. No Salem. She began a thorough search. Long experience had taught her that, if they wished, cats could remain unseen while sitting in plain sight, expecially if humans were frantically looking for them. There was something strange about the room---something seemed to be missing, something besides Salem. It finally dawned on her. The corner of the room where the TARDIS had sat was empty.

The TARDIS was gone.

So was Salem.

LK
Last edited by Ladykat on Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ladykat

Postby Ninui » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:31 pm

Ninui opened the missive that had been placed under her door as she and Maybon crossed the sitting room of her apartment at The White Tree. " Oh my"! she exclaimed "Theoden is having a BBQ for Gamling after the awards ceremony". she said handing the missive turned invitation to him as he sat pouring some wine from the ewer that was on the small table beside him.
"Ninui", Maybon read aloud, " I wish to invite you and Maybon Wynfor to a gathering of friends and fellows of Gamling, Man of Rohan, after the awards ceremony this coming Tuesday. Festivities commence on the back courtyard at 9 pm and go as long as all are enjoying the gathering. Win, lose, place or show this gathering will be held". He finished reading the invitation and drank from the cup he had poured and then handed it back to Ninui.
She began to reread and," States that he also has invited all judges and mc to attend as well. I hope they can make it.
"You think he's won"?
"We'll know on Tuesday. This does mean that I won't be able to wear my beautiful gown all evening as I planned. There's no way I'm going to mess it up with BBQ.

https://static.artfire.com/uploads/products/2015/10/27/2e/12585657/medium/_175819b3_449692.jpg
She turned and looked across the room at the dress form that held her gown. It wasn't what she had wanted but there was no time left for yet another fitting or redoing. So ....
"Your not thinking of another gown are you"?
"Yes. But I have a few here that will do just nicely for the occasion at hand. " she replied holding a glass to the offered ewer.
"Good to hear".Maybon said with a smile. "I think you gave the ladies here fits over this one".
"You've got it easy , Maybon. Pants and shirt and your done. A cape for flair perhaps. But a lady such as my kind we just not that easily satisfied".

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/dc/dd/46/dcdd46e42f46cb1416b2d149992742f9.jpg

He shrugged his shoulders slightly and grinned at her. "By the way", he said off handedly " did you by chance hear that low humming that was coming from judge LK's apartment as we passed by jus a bit ago".
"Now that you menion it. Yes. I did. Thought I was imagining it".
"Want me to go back and investigate".
She shook her head. "It's probably nothing to worry about. We'll be watchful though".
Ninui
Ranger of the North

Postby Ladykat » Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:54 pm

Still trying to make sense of Salem's disappearance, LK wandered through the inn, not really seeing where she was going. Hearing someone call her name, she stumbled to a halt and turned to find Archie standing in the doorway to his and Calma's suite. Somehow her feet had taken her in the right direction.

“Are those the MoME scores?” he asked indicating the papers in her hand. Wordlessly, she nodded and handed them to him. “Calma will be glad to get these. Would you like to come in for a while and discuss the contest?”

“Oh yes, thank you, I'm not hungry,” she mumbled distractedly, as she continued down the hallway, leaving the puzzled man staring after her. Her mind was racing, her thoughts in a jumble. The TARDIS actually worked---how had Salem managed that? Where was he? WHEN was he? Was Shadow with him? What were they doing? Although she figured her efforts would be fruitless, she began to search the inn and the surrounding grounds, asking everyone she met if they had seen either of the cats. No one had. One lad blanched and shuddered before shaking his head and running away; vaguely she remembered him delivering something to her room.

After several hours, LK gave up and returned to her room. Gondor was just too big to search completely, and the two cats could be anywhere. Or anywhen. Sitting on the bed, she was staring at the empty space where the TARDIS had been, when she heard it. A kind of vrooo-vrooo humming noise. As she watched, the TARDIS rematerialized, and Salem stepped out. For a long, drawn out moment the two stared at each other, before LK managed to croak: “You left the brake on. It wouldn't make that noise if you hadn't.”

“I LIKE that noise,” Salem replied calmly, starting to move past her. “SALEM!” LK said forcefully, pointing at the TARDIS.”HOW!??”

Salem sat down. “Shadow has a friend, a very clever and resourceful fellow named Jack,” he explained. “HE got the TARDIS working. It's not fully functional, we can only go short distances in time and space; he said it would take time to work out the rest of the glitches.”

“Oh,” LK replied faintly, fervently hoping Jack would not be able to work out any more glitches. “So where—when---what did you do?' she asked weakly.

“Nothing TOO terrible,” the cat replied, eyes gleaming with feline mischief. “I'll give you all the details at the awards banquet. NO,” he cut her off as she started to interrupt,”I can't tell you now. Suffice to say the two raccoons will have a little suprise waiting for them when they get home.”

With that, he jumped into a cushioned chair by the fire, and immediately fell asleep. LK, still dazed and not at all reassured, kept glancing at the TARDIS as though she expected it to disappear again. She wondered if pigging out on chocolate would help. "What the frack," she decided grimly, calling for room service. "It couldn't hurt!"

LK
Ladykat

Postby Calma » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:00 pm

Archie watched as Calma folded the message the concierge delivered. “Bad news?” he asked as she gave over another deep sigh.

“Sorta.” She handed him the note. “heliona is still unable to get me her scores and she has no idea when she'll be able to get them to me. I need another judge. But where?” She looked up at him, hope in her eyes.

“Oh no.” The tall man backed away, hands out in a 'get back' motion. “I am your assistant, my dear. I don't think my votes would be valid.” He moved to the mini bar and poured them both a Coke. “Saw Sable wandering about the place a bit ago.” He casually mentioned as he sat in the overstuffed chair and sipped his drink then smiled as the graying woman all but flew out of the suite.

Join the funWith The TVM

SOUNDERS!!!

Image Rock On!
Calma
Crazy Cat Lady

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:08 pm

LK and Salem approached their table, looking concerned. Iris lifted up the eye cushion she'd begged from the concierge and raised one eyebrow. Bob continued nibbling, waiting for the full feast to start, and Shadow had returned earlier and curled up under the table for a snooze.

"You look worried."

Taking the seat where Shadow normally placed herself, LK sighed. Salem slipped under the table to join Shadow.

"No scores from Heliona...Calma's looking for a fill-in."

Iris sat up rather abruptly. "This isn't...another Rowanberry?"

"Oh, no! No, no, no, no, no! Heliona was called away by Wilko...seems the move happened a bit sooner and was a bit more involved...?"

"Oh, thank God." Iris placed the cool cushion over her eyes again. "Sit back, relax. Conserve your energy."

IrisBrandybuck

Postby Calma » Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:55 pm

Calma straightened the left sleeve of her black dress then gave Archie a soft smile. “Finally.” She sighed. “Never thought the day would come.”

“Snags happen, my dear.” The tall man said as he lifted his jacket from the back of the chair. “Everything's ready and our contestants and their guests are arriving. Shall we get this party started?” He grinned as he offered his arm.

“No,” The graying TORC'er sarcastically replied. “Let's stay until Christmas.”

Archie just laughed as he opened the door and guided her out of the room.

As the couple arrived, the White Tree Room was quickly filling up. The wait staff was buzzing about taking and delivering orders and serving drinks. Calma smiled at the array of foods on the long table backstage. “Just like I ordered.” She paused a moment then took up a shrimp cocktail in a cut crystal dish. “We'll give our guests time to arrive and get their dinners. Meanwhile we can chow down too.” she winked

Join the funWith The TVM

SOUNDERS!!!

Image Rock On!
Calma
Crazy Cat Lady

Postby Ninui » Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:49 pm

Ninui and Maybon sat at their table near the front of the White Tree room. As their drinks arrived, Gamling also arrived and as he sat beside his sponsor he declined a dinner order but gave his waiter an order for an ale.
"I'm just to nervous for food at this moment," he said. "Maybe I'll wait til the BBQ my lord is giving following the ceremonies". Gamling finished as the ale was set before him.
Theoden,(who had remained at MoME since he,Aragorn and Gamling arrived), entered the room and was escorted to the stage and was sat at a table there in a place of honor. Ninui looked about the room and was a little surprised at the amount of people who had remained to see this final night of MoME. Some she knew. Some she did not know. She nodded her head at Tooks as she and Hama entered the room. She turned her attention back to Maybon as he gave her hand a squeeze. She smiled back then turned her eyes to the stage.
Ninui
Ranger of the North

Postby Calma » Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:45 am

The house lights dimmed slightly quieting the crowd. The spotlight fell on the closed pale blue curtain. When it parted, Calma stepped out and walked to the podium. “Good evening your Majesties, Lords, Ladies, and Ladies and Gentlemen. Thank you all for your patience during our many delays. I hope all had a good time all the same. This year's MoME was one of the best I've been to. So thank you to King Aragorn and Queen Arwen for their most gracious hospitality. The White Tree Inn has fulfilled our every request and need. Let's all thank them.” She stepped back as the crowd applauded the Royal couple and the staff of the inn.

Thank you.” Calma said as the spotlight returned to her. “Let's take a moment to recognize the ladies who gave of their time to judge our contests. LadyKat, heliona, and a special thank you to Simply Sable who stepped in at the last moment to substitute for heliona who was called away. Thank you ladies for a job well done.”

“As always there is a guest presenter who will hand out the awards. This year's presenter is none other than:

Calma joined the others in greeting the pretty Hobbit lass who accepted the applause with a bright smile and a wave before leaving the stage.

Join the funWith The TVM

SOUNDERS!!!

Image Rock On!
Calma
Crazy Cat Lady

Postby Calma » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:09 am

Calma approached the podium and waited for the applause to calm down before speaking. “Joan Anduin breezed into MoME a few years back and never returned, but that one time she was the hit of the show. Her interviews remain as some of the best work of MoME. Her hard biting questions kept all of us on our toes and we wondered if we would survive her. In honor of her outstanding work we have named the interview award in her honor. This year's winner of the Joan Anduin Survivor award is :

Join the funWith The TVM

SOUNDERS!!!

Image Rock On!
Calma
Crazy Cat Lady

Postby Calma » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:14 am

“Men are at their best when they are about their work. But it's always a pleasure to see them all polished up, isn't it?” Calma grinned. “Sometimes you can't even recognize them. This year's award for Best Dressed goes to:

Join the funWith The TVM

SOUNDERS!!!

Image Rock On!
Calma
Crazy Cat Lady

Postby Calma » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:16 am

It's always nice to have someone who has your back. That person could be comic relief or completely serious. Sidekicks are a privilege to have when you need reassuring or just a good laugh.
This year's Sidekick award goes to

And a rookie as well:

Join the funWith The TVM

SOUNDERS!!!