HEEELLLLLOOOOOOOOOO the home alone thread

Just as Tolkien and the Inklings used to meet at The Bird and the Baby, come in here to converse about whatever might be on your mind. This is the place for all off-topic conversation.

Re: HEEELLLLLOOOOOOOOOO the home alone thread

Postby RoseMorninStar » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:21 am

Weren't we just talking about an Oxford M00t? Last night Dean (Hobbituk) posted a 10 year Oxford tribute on FB. It's been mentioned that perhaps a M00t could be planned for Aug. 5-7, 2022 so start saving your pennies!

rwhen, that particular photo I did not take because I couldn't figure out how to get one of my photos the correct size and linkage to try to put in the signature. Hobbiton was so beautiful, truly a dream come true. It's hard to take a bad photo of the Shire (unless I was in it, grinning like an idiot). How about this one? Samwise & Rosie's place. The only hobbit hole with 2 doors. <3 <3 <3

*Nobody home. Rosie puts some nosh in her pocketses for afternoon tea*
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:01 pm

Shoot. I gotta get a new passport. The old one is from.... 1982 or somesuch.

:shock:

:D
Image All things Nature at the TVM this month.

Monarch caterpillars!

(for Calma)
---------------------------------
Tookish_Traveler
Party-monger

Postby Thor 'n' Oakenshield » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:08 pm

An Oxford Moot in 2022 - this is one of those occasions where I'm very glad that I've got relatives who live in England that could have me over for a day or two. Hopefully they're still living there by that time, and haven't moved to some other far-off country! :D

Speaking of far-off countries, I have always wanted to see the beautiful hobbit holes at Matamata - talk about a once-in-a-lifetime experience: that must be truly incredible, to go there.
Thor 'n' Oakenshield
Rider of the Mark

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:39 pm

1 guest at the moment. hmmmm.

rwhen, we can do a critter RP. Do we need a mission, quest, thing???

We can also try to rustle up some other players.

Monarch caterpillars!

(for Calma)
Tookish_Traveler
Party-monger

Postby RoseMorninStar » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:21 pm

Thor 'n' Oakenshield wrote:An Oxford Moot in 2022 - this is one of those occasions where I'm very glad that I've got relatives who live in England that could have me over for a day or two. Hopefully they're still living there by that time, and haven't moved to some other far-off country! :D

Speaking of far-off countries, I have always wanted to see the beautiful hobbit holes at Matamata - talk about a once-in-a-lifetime experience: that must be truly incredible, to go there.

Thor'n, Hobbiton (and New Zealand) is truly amazing. It was simply a dream come true. We kind of decided to go short notice with only about 3-4 months of planning. We went to WETA workshop and saw some of the filming locations. We found and sat in the tree that Frodo was sitting in in the Shire when Gandalf arrived. We had to search in a woods for that in a park in Wellington. The tree has grown quite a lot so it was not quite the same experience taking a photo in it. The woods there smelled heavily of eucalyptus, which I did not expect and the sound of the locusts or some insect was loud. We went in March and that is the beginning of their fall.

We went to the Evening banquet tour at Hobbiton. The evening banquet only serves about 36 people, so it's not overcrowded... more like a big thanksgiving feast. It was a dream come true. Even the restrooms were done up in a Shire-like manner. No cheap plastic things or fake stuff although there are no hobbit holes with full interiors, but the Green Dragon Inn is the real Deal. A full service pub/restaurant. The attention to detail throughout is insane. I cannot tell you how magical it was. Simply exquisite.
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby Vanaladiel » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:33 pm

Hello all!!! I understand that someone (rwhen) has mentioned me a time or two.

So glad to see so many still coming in here.

Ooo Tooks I love Mexican food!! That looks absolutely delicious! Tell Louis to keep his paws out of the salsa!! ;) :nono: :hug:

rwhen darling I am sorry that you don't have any good Mexican restaurants in your area. We used to go out to Mexican fairly often but our favorite place sold out so we just don't seem to go our much anymore. But I am sure getting the hankering for chips and refried beans and salsa again. :D

How is everyone doing? I should be on here more since I am home body now. I will try to devote a little time each day to check in and see what's happening.

Tonight Ryan is treating our camping pavilion for mold and mildew. So far what he has done is looking good. It's a 16' by 16' canvas pavilion. We have another SCA event in a little over a week and I sure hope we can take the pavilion then. If we do not treat it I can't go into it because of my breathing difficulties. But it looks like if it is dry enough we can take it and use it. I will get pictures of it set up if I can.

I am a home body now because I got forced into disability last November. My aorta sprung a leak and it turns out it was in the place that was repaired 11 years ago. So I had to stop working and stay home keeping my blood pressure below 120 and my pulse rate below 80. Also placed on blood thinners and extra blood pressure meds along with what I was already on.
I was notified last week that my disability finally went through. So I now have some money coming in to help. I am so thankful for that!

Would love to go to New Zealand and see Hobbiton but I don't think that will ever be possible for me. But I can live through you all vicariously and enjoy it with your pictures.

Glad to see you again and look for me to return more often! Love you all!
Image Spring come quickly!!
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

We mourn the loss of Calma she passed away on 07/05/19 ! RIP dear lady! :rose:
Primula Baggins passed away on 02/27/19
Cockrobin has passed away on 02/18/2019 Rest in the arms of Jesus my friend!
oldtoby we will always remember you and your wit and smile! Love you my friend! RIP 1/20/18

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Thor 'n' Oakenshield » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:22 pm

Your trip to New Zealand sounds absolutely magical, Rose - I'm glad that the place is very clean and really immerses you in the experience: it's an experience I hope to enjoy someday soon! I almost started crying when I visited the Tolkien exhibit in New York this year: I can't even imagine what sort of emotions I'd be feeling, standing next to Bag-end, or sitting down in the Green Dragon Inn!
Thor 'n' Oakenshield
Rider of the Mark

Postby rwhen » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:31 pm

Ohhhhh lookie at the HELLO HOME ALONE house all filled with wonderful peoples!!! :D Color me happy!!

This is a short post just to say I'll respond to everyone tomorrow when I am off work. Right now it is start supper time and then I need to get off these aching feet after two grueling days at work!! But tomorrow is a promise.

*snags a burrito on the way out*

:grouphug: to all on the HELLO thread and in da house!!!

(thinks about what sort of trouble Mugsy and Louie could get into ...... doesn't require much thinking honestly. Tooks.....mission, quest, thing???? I like the idea of a quest, I can start an OOC thread in the Pony tomorrow) Look for it.
Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!oldtoby!Cock Robin(CR)!Prim!Calma! I will never ever forget you.

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Yes Ayslhyn, I do still remember.

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:55 pm

oooo. A quest!!!!

I gotta go rouse Louie. :D

Monarch caterpillars!

(for Calma)
Tookish_Traveler
Party-monger

Postby Cute_and_CuddlyRaccoons » Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:23 am

{{yawn}}

I think I heard my name.

Are there any leftovers from the Mexican takeout?
Cute_and_CuddlyRaccoons
Rider of the Mark

Postby RoseMorninStar » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:33 am

Cute_and_CuddlyRaccoons wrote:
Are there any leftovers from the Mexican takeout?

*Cousin Rocky, with his cheeks & belly full, shakes his head 'no'*

Looks like we need to do some raiding.
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby rwhen » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:26 am

Gandalf's beard!! Rooting and raiding the HOME ALONE HOUSE???? Not again, last time it took a month to clean it properly. ;)

Tooks, I am going to send you an email. I am trying to remember how to log in as Mugsy and need to see a post on that thread that loved us so much we had to leave. =:) Do you remember the name of it in the Pony????

Vanadarlin', :hug: very happy to see you post.....and also that you are able to still make it to your beloved SCA events!!! I know Guru is a huge part of that organization. Now that you have your disability, let me know if you are ever planning a trip down this way, we could perhaps meet in the middle or some such. I think we tried that once or did it once. LOL my noodle brain!! Would you be interested in an RP VERY light? Tooks and I .... for the moment the two of us.... have two charries, Louie and Mugsy that are going to start a quest....I'll start an OOC today if you are interested. It will be set in ME and TolkienISH...I hope....but it should be silly and just for fun. If you are interested, let me know. Nothing heavy or requiring too much thought, I mean consider the source and that goes...

For anyone else who might be interested as well!! Please think on it.

Rose!! I got my mail today from you and it will be framed and hung under the painted oval of the beautiful bird you made me!! *preens* Thank you so much!!

Okay.....gotta put myself in the head of a huge red macaw!!

HHHEEEELLLLLLOOOOOOOOO da house!! :grouphug:
Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!oldtoby!Cock Robin(CR)!Prim!Calma! I will never ever forget you.

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Yes Ayslhyn, I do still remember.

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby RoseMorninStar » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:53 am

Vana, I too was glad to hear you are still doing the SCA. I would imagine that is a lot of fun, once you have most of the gear. I had thought about joining our local chapter but hubby was not interested. I have to content myself with going to the renn faire every once in a blue moon. I'm sorry to hear of your health woes.

rwhen, glad you got it. I hope it made it there in good condition. ;) I saved one for myself.. I hadn't thought of framing it.. but it's not a bad idea. It would look nice here by my desk rather than stuffed in a pile of papers. ...Red macaw??

The weather here is pretty nice for mid-summer, although we could use a bit of rain. What's it like where everyone else lives?
Last edited by RoseMorninStar on Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby Mugsy McGuire » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:06 pm

Yer name be Rose?? Is that something I can eat??? And yeah, can't you tell by me beautiful flowing long red plumage and huge black eyes? I be a macaw, Mugsy McGuire by name and trade, pirate doncha know. Lookin' for an old partner by the name of Louie the raccoon around these parts....are you also a cousin named Rocky???? Funny you look like one of them short curly haired Hobbittsesss with big feet...not racoonlike at all!!

Me thinks I've landed on the wrong place....again!!

(once this big bird figures how to post a pic....you'll see me fer yerself - tough with using a beak, no fingers doncha know)
Mugsy McGuire
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Vanaladiel » Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:42 pm

rwhen I will think about it but for the next couple of weeks I am really busy with SCA stuff. Trust me I will surely think strongly about it. I do miss light RP.

Rose so glad to see you too hon. Ah the health stuff is what it is. I could be so much worse off, like 6 feet under. But I am breathing with oxygen and doing okay. I can still do for myself most of the time.

Mugsy McGuire huh? You rascal we are watching you and Louie. We knows the trouble you two can get into so remember we got eyes on you!! ;)
Image Spring come quickly!!
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

We mourn the loss of Calma she passed away on 07/05/19 ! RIP dear lady! :rose:
Primula Baggins passed away on 02/27/19
Cockrobin has passed away on 02/18/2019 Rest in the arms of Jesus my friend!
oldtoby we will always remember you and your wit and smile! Love you my friend! RIP 1/20/18

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:53 am