HEEELLLLLOOOOOOOOOO the home alone thread

Just as Tolkien and the Inklings used to meet at The Bird and the Baby, come in here to converse about whatever might be on your mind. This is the place for all off-topic conversation.

Re: HEEELLLLLOOOOOOOOOO the home alone thread

Postby RoseMorninStar » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:20 am

Helllooo. Four guests and a bot. And me.

rwhen, I used to cashier (and waitress) and I know how difficult the job can be. Interacting with the public is like a box of chocolates (to borrow a phrase) you never know what you're going to get. Dealing with the homeless has got to be trying. Your mom must have been quite the woman.. or at least that's the impression I get any time you speak of her. :)

Autumn is in full swing here. The trees are just beginning to turn. We've had cold nights for quite a while now. We were deluged with 5" of rain over 2 days earlier in the week. It never seems to be a nice soft rain anymore, it comes down in buckets. I like fall, I like it best if it's a nice long crisp sort of fall. All of our seasons tend to be too short, except for winter. :|

Every time I see 'leftover pizza' I get hungry for pizza. :P We had breakfast croissandwiches this morning and this afternoon our daughter is taking us to check out a new Mexican restaurant that opened nearby.

Where is Tooksey?? She's getting close....
Last edited by RoseMorninStar on Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby Vanaladiel » Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:39 pm

Good evening Rose!!

Just me, Witchwench and I think one bot and a guest are online right now.

I have never been excited about fall and winter. Both to me are so cold and just take forever as well as too many careless drivers that make me crazy. Common sense has definitely died!

Yes cashiering is a very difficult job and only special people can truly pull it off. I know rwhen can do it because she talks to people easily like I do. I did it for 50+ years. It feels great too to not have to do it anymore but then I get lonely because I am used to meeting new people and seeing others over and over again. I love the smiles and the accents of the people I would meet. Travelers and regulars. I do miss it and it has already been a little over 6 months now. I will be fine because I am experience new things in seeing fall and winter with new eyes as to the ways I can enjoy my time and devote it to movies or books and snuggling up with the kitty!!

Way to go Tooks sweet friend!!!! :happydance: :rose: :drink: :horse: :love:
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

We mourn the loss of Calma she passed away on 07/05/19 ! RIP dear lady! :rose:
Primula Baggins passed away on 02/27/19
Cockrobin has passed away on 02/18/2019 Rest in the arms of Jesus my friend!
oldtoby we will always remember you and your wit and smile! Love you my friend! RIP 1/20/18

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby rwhen » Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:43 pm

Back home from work so that I could properly change the title for TOOKS celebration thread and start a bit of mischief. ;)

Vanadarlin' and Rose :hug: You are both kind in the extreme. I just have to take one customer at a time and remember, no judgments....everyone is just out here in this big ol' world trying to make it the best we can. Today was a better day, if very busy. I had thought all the rain might keep people home, but instead I think they came to the store to get out of the rain. :D

Okay....I made a few posts and now I have to lay my silly head down. Sweet dreams to you both and to all of TORCland.

:hihi: and :grouphug:
Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!oldtoby!Cock Robin(CR)!Prim!Calma! I will never ever forget you.

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Yes Ayslhyn, I do still remember.

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Vanaladiel » Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:56 pm

Sweet Dreams rwhen my sweet sister of the heart!!! :rose: :love:
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

We mourn the loss of Calma she passed away on 07/05/19 ! RIP dear lady! :rose:
Primula Baggins passed away on 02/27/19
Cockrobin has passed away on 02/18/2019 Rest in the arms of Jesus my friend!
oldtoby we will always remember you and your wit and smile! Love you my friend! RIP 1/20/18

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby rwhen » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:31 am

HHHEEELLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DA HOUUUUSSSSEEEE!!!!

Me and zero registered, zero bots and three guests. Hmmmm. Did they get an invite or what???

Thank you my sweet sister of my heart. I did sleep well and now have a lazy daytime ahead gearing up for two nights in a row and then two days off (unless I get called in). Laundry will happen on those days, luckily the laundry room is almost right outside my front door and down one. Easy enough, but frustrating as every day I see my own washer and dryer in my kitchen. ARGHHHH. My next place will have hook ups for that for sure.

I do hope everyone is recovered from the TOOKS party to post on up. Miss you all.

WENCHY!!!! My sweet lady friend, I miss you terribly. So...instead of whining, I'll write you a note. :hug: Just wanted you to know. *smells caramel in the air*

:hihi: and :grouphug: to all.

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!oldtoby!Cock Robin(CR)!Prim!Calma! I will never ever forget you.

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:06 pm

Me and 5 guests???

Heeeelllllllllllllooooooooooooooooo you peoples, whoever you are. :D

We might have some leftover pizza if you want some.
Oktoberfest!!!!

--------------------------------------
(for Calma)
---------------------------------
Tookish_Traveler
Herald of Manwe

Postby RoseMorninStar » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:29 pm

Myself & 2 guests. And where o where is that left over pizza??!! :)

rwhen.. you have a washer & dryer in your place but no hook up for it? :( Enjoy your days off and don't work too hard on the days you have to go in!

It's a gorgeous day here but there is plenty of yard work to do. We have a large yard so I tend to spend several hours a day hauling dirt/compost/manure, cutting the lawn, trimming bushes, weeding. It never ends. I don't mind it (much) when it's so nice out.

Vana, I'm sure you can get involved in other things, if you wished, to get out & about. Volunteering or just catching up with friends/family.

Off to get something accomplished...
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby Ladykat » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:44 pm

Tookish_Traveler wrote:We might have some leftover pizza if you want some.

Leftover pizza? Not with me around. =:)

LK
Ladykat
Between the Worlds of Men and Make Believe I Can be Found

Postby Ninui » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:02 pm

rwhen it would be nice to meet but I'm going to say not at this time for now. I've got a list of 45's that I know you'll like. Do you have a cassette player? I have some on tape that I can send your
way if you'd like to hear them. Hit the envelope. You should be able to reach me
Ninui
Ranger of the North

Postby Witchwench » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:55 pm

Good evening all!!!

Is this a chatty little thread to come and say that one is here? Well..I'm here :D :D

Hi Ninui..don't believe we have met..Hellloooo!!! I've been absent awhile and have recently made my way back home...kind of like a stray dog, without the dog..well..err I have seven dogs, so maybe with the dog or dogs after all.

Say ladies and gents..why can't I get my signature back on board? I hit preview..it looks fine, nothing shows?
Witchwench
Mariner

Postby rwhen » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:56 pm

Ninui. I totally understand and I have emailed you...probably a much longer mail than you would care to read...but that is me. ;)

Speaking of meeting....Vanadarlin' are you coming to Spokane any time soon or down this way close where we could meet up again? It has been too long. Could it be as long as your wedding ago? Or was it when we met Hobby (TrueHobbit)? Pffffffft. I swear the years turn to decades. We are overdue!! :hug: SSOTH!!

Rose...indeed, it is frustrating to the extreme that I have a washer and dryer and no hook ups!!! But it is what it is. Don't work too hard on the yard, but I guess it is good to take advantage of a beautiful day before the dreaded "W" comes along. ;) Hope you enjoyed your time with you little Hobbit....(didn't I read you were meeting for supper or some such???) Hug a Pippin for me....as ever.

LK...did you eat all the pizza????? Hmmmmmmm?????? *taps foot*

Quill and Frelga. Hope your weekend was fun. I am off two days after tomorrow night....so once my brains are working, Fionavar shall rear her ugly head. :P

I have to start getting ready for work...ya'll have a great evening. See you tomorrow. Rest well and sweet dreams.

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby rwhen » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:59 pm

Witchwench wrote:Good evening all!!!

Is this a chatty little thread to come and say that one is here? Well..I'm here :D :D

Hi Ninui..don't believe we have met..Hellloooo!!! I've been absent awhile and have recently made my way back home...kind of like a stray dog, without the dog..well..err I have seven dogs, so maybe with the dog or dogs after all.

Say ladies and gents..why can't I get my signature back on board? I hit preview..it looks fine, nothing shows?

Witchie...I think that when the boards got their last upgrade, if a poster didn't have a PM, then they lost the ability to have a siggie. Notice my name is in red and yours is not.....for a while there all people regardless of PM or no could have siggies....but for some reason that stopped. My RP charrie Fionavar is in red, but I can't have a siggie either, so maybe someone else can 'splain it better than I. As far as I know, no one pays a PM any longer.....I know I haven't for at least six years now.

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Witchwench » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:14 pm

I think I ate too much..ugh!

rwhen..that makes total sense. I had a PM, but it was long ago.

Who moderates the board now? Is it still hosted by the same peeps?

pictures still allowed? I'm gonna try..this is my horse Nykkon, a black Arabian stallion with a spinal injury, came to live with me at our farm.
Oooo it worked!!!

Witchwench
Mariner

Postby Quimrill_Renctar » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:20 pm

HELLO!!

Me, Witchwench, and three guests! (Hey we got a live one!)

Witchwench, nice to meet you. I’m not sure if we ever officialy crost paths back in “the old days.” Looking forward to adding my story to your thread time permitting.

I very briefly engaged in TORC Pm. But then I changed credit cards during a absentee time and never got it back. Later a TORC angel bought me a couple months, but I missed out on the great update glitch of awesomeness.

I am back from camp! Just checking in.

Rwhen, Frelga. I have posted in the pony! Finally..... hopefully it helps those brain cells get stirred up.

Quill
Quimrill_Renctar
Ranger of the North

Location: A little patch of paradise I like to call... the backside of nowhere

Postby Witchwench » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:32 pm

Hello Quimrill R. I don't know if we crossed paths..it was getting so darn busy on this board back then, it was crazy..but Well Met! Love to see a few torcers still rattling around here :D

I look forward to reading your story!!
Witchwench
Mariner

Postby Quimrill_Renctar » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:22 pm

Yeah, and there was a slight uptick again after the Hobbit movies. I spent most of my time lurking about the pony, with lots of rping. I go back to some of my old writing and alternate thinking: “man I was good” and “wow! That was embarrassing.”

Mmmmm Pizza. I could go for something heavey in the meat or feta department. My bride an I enjoy a spinach, chicken, and feta on white sauce. Really good!

Update on my learning to cook project! I cracked eggs today... and rocked it :roll: starting small right? :D Seriously though, I’m taking to helping my bride in the kitchen whenever possible. She is being very patient with me and I’m sloooowly coming along.
Quimrill_Renctar
Ranger of the North

Postby Ninui » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:25 am

And a hellooo to you, Witchwench. :hihi: You are correct in stating we have never met. I've been here since 2014. Lurked for a long while before taking the plunge
Q_R always start small when learning to cook. Lofty heights are not easy to reach. Good to have someone patient as your mentor. You'll be making that cheese souffle in no time
.. :thumbsup:

Ninui and 4 guests
Ninui
Ranger of the North

Postby rwhen » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:12 am

HHHHEEEELLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DA HOUSEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Just me and two bots...three guests on at the moment...at least in this forum. ;)

Witchie....I did post a bio of sorts over on your thread...hope you are not too bored. ;) I'll check out your website and I encourage all to do so. :hug: I also have some observations on the first three chapters of LotR's.....HEY anyone interested in the book review...join in, it is going to go at an easy pace, so not an impingement on life. And you know? It will be fun too. Witchie....what time zone are you in???

Quill. Oh man do I totally know what you mean. I have been involved in several RP's here on TORC and I have gone back and read some of my early work and it makes me cringe. Then alternately I think...hey that wasn't so bad. LOL.... I just know that I enjoy the RP experience and interacting with others. Keep on the cooking thing and indeed take it slow....hopefully you will come to enjoy it, that is what will make all the difference....is it a chore or is it something you like to do. *nods wisely*

Mornin' Ninui. 2014......almost 6 years....that is respectable. What brought you here to TORC in the first place??? Try and stay dry with all the rain we are having. BRRRRRRRRR been chilly too. I love to sleep in the chilly nights....but would rather a bit of warmth in the day. :D

Have a grand day everyone....I am off to work tonight and then two days off. Where I will do two things for sure....laundry and making a post over in the Pony to The Expected Party....come on in and join if you feel like it, it is open to all. Tonight? I will stop and get a sammie from a local place close to work, I'll be home much too late to cook anything.

:hihi: and :grouphug: to all!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Ladykat » Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:21 pm

I don't have anything interesting to post.

I'm too boring for words.

LK
Ladykat

Postby Witchwench » Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:53 pm

rwhen..I'm in Central Time Zone..in Minnesota and it wasn't boring in the least!!! Love hearing what has been transpiring etc...it's a cliff notes version of life, gets me up to pace with everyone..on the big ticket items anyway ;)

QR..learning to cook..wow, what an endeavor..I honestly don't have the patience. I'm more of a throw what ever I have in a pan and viola..dinner! lol

Waves at everyone :hihi: :hihi: especially LK..who thinks she is too boring...lol..not even
Witchwench
Mariner

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:24 pm

Me and 2 guests. And LK is NOT boring.
Oktoberfest!!!!

--------------------------------------
(for Calma)
---------------------------------
Tookish_Traveler
Herald of Manwe

Postby RoseMorninStar » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:06 pm

Me & 2 guests. I wonder if they're the same 2 from when Tooksey was here?

I'm a grandmeow!

QR if you & your lady like spinach & feta (and eggs) this is an easy, quick, and inexpensive dish: Spinach & Feta 'pie' (skillet omelette). It's great warm or leftover! TIP: I like to add about 1 Tbl. dill, it makes the dish taste a bit like spanakopita without all of the calories. We also often use turkey breakfast sausage instead of bacon.

:hihi: to everyone!
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby Ninui » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:01 pm

LK, You are not boring !!
Ninui
Ranger of the North

Postby Ladykat » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:21 pm

RoseMorninStar---------Awwwww......pretty kitty! :D

LK
Ladykat

Postby Quimrill_Renctar » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:56 pm

Very pretty kitty indeed, Rose. Looks Siamese.

I will pass that recipe on to my beloved and see what she thinks. She is not the biggest fan of eggs, but i’ve been wearing here down. With enough other stuff its all good.

LK I feel like that all the time. But they haven’t banned my account yet. :D

~Quill
Quimrill_Renctar
Ranger of the North

Postby rwhen » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:07 am

HHHEEELLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOO DA HHHHOUUUUUSSSSSEEEEEA!!!!!

Hey I got a bot trailing me and a few visitors ta boot!!! ;)

Home for the next two days and looking forward to it, even with some housework and laundry. I plan a huge vat of my special pasta sauce...I have all the meats and all the veg and a nice bottle of burgandy. YUM. That is probably for tomorrow though, today laundry. I slept for garbage last night. Don't know why. I was tired enough and the air outside is crisp, just the way I like it. Hmmmmm go figure.

Witchie....question. Did your old sig pic include a pixie sort of gal with short dark hair and striped stockings???? I just had a flash today when I saw your name and could be totally off base. MN eh? About the only thing I know about MN is Go Go Bemidji Beavers, fight fight green and white. *red face* I used to be friends with some guys on the hockey team in Las Vegas, back in the early 70's and three of them were from Bemidji MN. Also that Little House on the Prairie was there too. LOL I really know little about MN. Hope you love it.

LK....you are enchanting. What is with the boring stuff, huh? And just remember what to say when you have nothing interesting to say....supecalifragilisticexpialidocious......that is spelled wrong, but you get the idea and not boring at all and it will give the rest of us an ear worm for the rest of the day. :D Honestly darlin', you are not boring in the least.

Tookish....whatzup buttercup????? Still warm there??? Too crispy????

Rose....how are you a grand meower???? I didn't know you had any cats in the first place...but iffin' you are gonna be a grandmeower...that is an adorable kitten to be one for. :D And I love anything with spinach and feta (you know my Greek underbelly). ;)

and Ninui....you are right!! As usual. Are you listening to the oldies today? I have on a movie t the moment but will probably put on Revolver when it is over and I lay down. Nothing like dozing off to the Beatles.

Quill!!1 You are killin' me here. Get over to the TEP and let me know what you thought, please before I commit Hara-kiri!! ;) Your account will always be most welcome on TORC my friend. Never think that, though I know you were just trying to cheer our dear Lady Kat. Your lady doesn't like eggssiessss preciousssss? Oh my. Well they are one of the easiest thing the start on when learning to cook and so versatile. It's all good....move you way up from eggs to cheese dishes...does she fancy cheese????

Okay...I am out for now. I'll probably check in later. That is NOT a threat and not meant to run any of you off. ;)

:hihi: and :grouphug: as ever!!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Quimrill_Renctar » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:24 am

Ahrefs (the indiscriminate stalker-bot) Me and three guests

Rwhen, heheheh. Sorry for the psychological torment :P I’ve only had time for a few shorty posts and I have So much to say about your post. ;) I’ll get to it. Probably after school today.

Sorry to hear about your sleep travails! I went through a brief stint of just rotten sleep. It was missurable. I do a little melatonin(sp) from time to time and “calm” magnesium supplements. Also I posted over on the choirs of Eruh on “what I’m listening to know” about this cool sleep music. Some sort of 432 HZs delta wave sleepy shenanaginz. Works great! My bride built as an amazon music playlist and I just push play on my phone most nights.

Witchy, I am right in line with your philosophy. I just don’t have the patience! But the ability to throw stuff into a pan and have it turn out edible (in my mind) is a superpower.

Cheese! I believe that back in the garden of Eden, God makes man and woman and then sort of pulls them aside and specifically points to the cow and says, “Hint, keep him close, this guys is going to be your best friend.” :P

~Quill
Quimrill_Renctar
Ranger of the North

Postby rwhen » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:05 am

Quill....alright smarty pants...by that logic...I am assuming that God advised Adam and Eve to keep the chickens close as well....those eggsies have to come from somewhere. Oh and before ya say it.....eggs DO come from other animals as does milk for cheese. Hmmmpppttfffff!!!! ;)

Okay....I will TRY and have some patience. But that "you have a lot to say" scares the poochies (<----thanks Calma) out of me. *runs for the couch and hides under the blankets*

:D :D :D

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby RoseMorninStar » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:44 am

rwhen wrote:Rose....how are you a grand meower???? I didn't know you had any cats in the first place...but iffin' you are gonna be a grandmeower...that is an adorable kitten to be one for. :D And I love anything with spinach and feta (you know my Greek underbelly). ;)

My daughter got a kitten. :) That makes me a Grandmeow. We've only had doggos, but cats are easier since she is working full time and living in an apartment.

rwhen is correct, when one is learning to cook, eggs is cooking 101. When my hubby (who does not cook at all) was off work due to a surgery I taught him Eggs: Cooking 101. He learned how to fry, over easy, boil (I prefer to steam), scramble, omelette.. and maybe one or two other things. He hasn't used those skills in the 2 years since so who knows if he remembers, but at least it's some basic knowledge if he'd ever need it. I doubt we got as far as the spinach/feta pie, but yes rwhen, it definitely has a Greek flair, especially if one adds dill.

I've been cutting back on carbs, which is hard. Soooo many delicious carb dishes and combinations. One thing we enjoy is 'Italian' grilled cheese which is fresh mozzarella, pesto, basil, and tomato grilled on hand sliced multi-grain bakery loaves (another easy meal). Drizzle a bit of olive oil on the outside of the bread before grilling, a bit of garlic if one wishes. ANYWAY.. the other day I scooped out the insides of tomatoes & put warm mozzarella & pesto inside and it was a delicious substitute.

Off to do chores and maybe hit up the Y.
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby Ninui » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:27 pm

rwhen, I joined TORC following a dare from my brother. Had been lurking around for nearly 2 years. He knew I'm not much of a joiner so he dared me.
Took a month or so but I took the leap. No listening today. Maybe tomorrow.
:wink:
Ninui
Ranger of the North

PreviousNext

Return to Talk: The Bird and the Baby