HEEELLLLLOOOOOOOOOO the home alone thread

Just as Tolkien and the Inklings used to meet at The Bird and the Baby, come in here to converse about whatever might be on your mind. This is the place for all off-topic conversation.

Re: HEEELLLLLOOOOOOOOOO the home alone thread

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:44 pm

I got the Bing bot and 3 guests with me. :D

Helllloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Um. In other news.... I agree about the eggs thing. Back eons ago, when I lived in a tiny one roomer while doing my clinical year in Pittsburgh, I would cook up some onions and zucchini in a frying pan and then add a couple eggs and scramble them in for my protein. yum.

I haven't had that in a looooong while. Think I should make it again soon. :D

For Calma. :) :(
Tookish_Traveler
Herald of Manwe

Postby RoseMorninStar » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:13 pm

Tooks, I often eat something like that for breakfast. Sauteed zucchini, onion, colored pepper, scrambled egg whites with a bit of cheese and hot pepper sauce, topped with fresh tomato & avocado.
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby Witchwench » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:57 pm

Witchie....question. Did your old sig pic include a pixie sort of gal with short dark hair and striped stockings???? I just had a flash today when I saw your name and could be totally off base. MN eh? About the only thing I know about MN is Go Go Bemidji Beavers, fight fight green and white. *red face* I used to be friends with some guys on the hockey team in Las Vegas, back in the early 70's and three of them were from Bemidji MN. Also that Little House on the Prairie was there too. LOL I really know little about MN. Hope you love it.

My old sig pic was a purple fairy close up..she had short hair and eyes that shifted suddenly..creeped people out, lol

Bemidji huh? Well most people have never heard of Bemidji before..so there ya go! I live in rural MN..lots of corn crops, soy bean fields..barns and cows..very midwestern looking..kind of like the movie Field of Dreams..pretty much exactly

And speaking of eggs..I have them coming out of my ears right now with fifteen laying hens ..spawning me thirty eggs or so every two days..lol. Souffle anyone?
Witchwench
Mariner

Postby Quimrill_Renctar » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:16 am

Heh, my brother and sis-in-law had 5 egg layers. He would tell how when they got their first egg he wanted to put it in the bank because it was worth $500. By the time they moved out of town though he estimated they were down to about 50 cents and egg.
THEN when they got settled on their new property they promptly got 2 goats. So i suppose they are following the natural cooking progression in their own way. Egg layers to milk/cheese producers.

My point with cheese was simply that it is completely indispensable in my opinion, and I pity those folks out there who can not tolerate it. :( I am a huge fan of eggs, and I’d estimate that I am probably... 13% along the road to “proficiency” with that particular food medium (which for me, is good!). Just not being the cook (and them not being the cook’s favorite) I don’t get them very often.

Okay, off to bed. Way past late :P
Quimrill_Renctar
Ranger of the North

Location: A little patch of paradise I like to call... the backside of nowhere

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:57 am

oooo. Lookit that. A double post. :D

Back in the old days we saw a lot of 'em. :D

Just lil' ol' me on board right now. No bots. No guests. :(

:D

Tookish_Traveler
Herald of Manwe

Postby Witchwench » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:57 am

Tooks..lets face it..your wanting to hit your 30k mark now...ahhhh the greed :P

Well now I'm here with Mr. Bot and Mr. Tanders Bot...and Tooks is gone..ehh have the day off from work, gotta go and get breakfast ready for my old dad who gets all cranky if he skips a meal.. :D
Witchwench
Mariner

Postby Quimrill_Renctar » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:14 am

Gasp! you always hear about these double posts, but you never think it will happen to you :Q

Hold me.... :P
Quimrill_Renctar
Ranger of the North

Location: A little patch of paradise I like to call... the backside of nowhere

Postby Witchwench » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:18 am

QR ..don't look..just don't look at it, turn away and pretend it didn't happen **sniffs **shakes head
Witchwench
Mariner

Postby rwhen » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:46 am

HHHEEELLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DA HHOUUUUUUUSSSSSEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

On bot and two guests....where are all of you?!?!

What double post??? Quill made a doubles???? Perhaps a kind moderator saw it and deleted it for you? It could happen. Here is the thing for me, I love eggsisseessss, I can live without cheese......I LOVE FOOD. I was trying to make a joke with you about the "God" thing....if I went too far, please forgive me. But I love that your brother does the animal husbandry thing. I have dreamed of having goats before....but ya gotta have land to have goats. ;)

Witchie.....YES YES YES....now I remember...the eyes that were electric....I remembered the short hair, but forgot the purple until you wrote of it. I would love to see that siggie pic again...I even tried to Google the image now that I remember it well and couldn't find it. Do you have it saved? If you do.....you can save it to IMGUR and then post it within the posts you make....like this....

Image <------Lady Fionavar my muse for RP

Here is the actual text of it....

[ i m g ] https: // i . imgur . com / 1XOES6Z . jpg [ / i m g ] Just without any spaces

Tooks had to teach me this.....and SHE WAS PATIENT.....it took me a bit to finally get it and now....I can post an in post image in about thirty seconds. Just sayin' if ya wanted to.

Rose.....I don't think I can live in a world without carbs.....not to say that I don't admire people who are able to control themselves....I do. But pasta? taters? cheese? *passes out* ;)

Ninui....I am so happy that your brother dared you to give it a go. Brothers!! Hummmm. Go figure, if it wasn't for our brothers, neither of us might have ever come to this site. :hug:

Okay.....of to explore to boards now.....I am off, so I might be back again. That is NOT a threat. :P

:hihi: and :grouphug: as ever....

WHERE IS SCRIBBLES?????????
Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!oldtoby!Cock Robin(CR)!Prim!Calma! I will never ever forget you.

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Yes Ayslhyn, I do still remember.

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby basil » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:05 pm

'scuse me, while I check out the Secret Trap Door, you know, the one behind the red couch by the front window.

b
basil
Mariner

Postby RoseMorninStar » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:06 pm

Me, myself, and 2 guests at the moment.

Bemidji!! I've BEEN there! :o A long time ago.

I love eggs, but I've had to cut back to mostly whites due to high cholesterol. :(

Don't fall out that secret trap door basillly!
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby basil » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:22 pm

shhh, Rose! It's s'posed to be Secret
Don't tell anyone.
BTW, like the thing you did with the interior theme.

b
basil
Mariner

Postby rwhen » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:48 pm

:shock: Rose been messin' with my interior again??? :shock:

basillly. What the flap doodle are you doin' hidin' in my basement? There IS a door ya know. And the trap door is only for emergency exits!!! Tell me oh great kitty cat, what is your present emergency???? *leaves out a bowl of milk* If you get sick on that....TAKE IT OUTSIDE!!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!oldtoby!Cock Robin(CR)!Prim!Calma! I will never ever forget you.

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:46 pm

Me and FOUR guests. :Q

basil, you and Rose best behave. rwhen has a crazy parrot she can sic on you. ;)

I loves carbs too, but I try to stay away from the 'simple' ones with lots of sugar. But I also love vegies. Yummmmmm...

Tookish_Traveler
Herald of Manwe

Postby Witchwench » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:17 pm

I didn't save it :(..but I'll see if i can find the original website if is still around...

I'm testing here
'

Witchwench
Mariner

Postby Witchwench » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:17 pm

and....another double post
Last edited by Witchwench on Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Witchwench
Mariner

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:18 pm

*claps hands*

Tookish_Traveler
Herald of Manwe

Postby Witchwench » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:47 pm

I found her!! the website where I found her was still out there..

Waves to basil

Last edited by Witchwench on Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Witchwench
Mariner

Postby RoseMorninStar » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:33 pm

Oh! I remember that siggy pic!
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby rwhen » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:07 am

HHHEEEELLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DA HHOUUUSSSSEEEEEE!!!!!

Pretty slow about these parts....just three guests haunting this forum.

Witchie!! That is the photo for sure. Did you use IMGUR?? Easy isn't it?? :D And congrats on a DP. :P

Tooks...I have been looking for Mugsy and he is nowhere to be found.....perhaps I'll leave out some shelled nuts...that seems to attract the blighter...

I have work in a few hours...so no time for hangin' on TORC today....ya'll have a great day.

:hihi: and :grouphug: as ever!!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Vanaladiel » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:01 pm

Me and 5 guests right now!

Wenchie I sure do remember that sig pic!! I always loved the color of it and the eyes. :D

basil so glad you have stuck around but hon, you don't need to hide in the basement or behind the furniture. Come on out and join us!! We don't bite and I don't know if any of us ever did.

I never heard of that place you mentioned Rose. Bemidji? Where is that?

Oh I love eggs and cheese!! Can never get enough and luckily they do not cause me any health risk! Ack I had to get a new blood pressure kit! The last one lasted 11 1/2 years and got a leak. The new one is automatic and I will have to get used to using it. You really have to settle down somewhere for over 5 minutes before taking it or it is high. I can't have it high. I have to keep it below 120/80 and usually can. But this new one makes me have to wait longer before taking it or it is over 120 . I don't want to freak the doctors out so I will just have to slow down and take more time taking it. But today it was good so I am starting to get the hang of this one.

Today is our last full day with Leroy! He goes home with his daddy tomorrow. We have had him now for almost 2 years. He came on November 9th 2017. The cats never got along but they grew to have times where they ignored each other. He is a snuggle kitty so we will miss that about him. But ready to get our home back to normal. China will be looking, I am sure, to see if he will jump out at her or where he is hiding. With me home all the time though we will fall back into a great relaxed flow to our days. Hey China, do you want to watch Mama Mia? I bought that movie the same day I got her and we would sit and watch it every day for the first week or so and now when I play it she comes running to watch it with me. We have not watched it for a while, I hope she still comes running to watch with me. Mommy loves snuggle time with my baby girl. Egads she is already 12 years old now. I got her when she was 1 1/2.
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

We mourn the loss of Borin who passed away in March 2020 I believe
Calma she passed away on 07/05/19 ! RIP dear lady! :rose:
Primula Baggins passed away on 02/27/19
Cockrobin has passed away on 02/18/2019 Rest in the arms of Jesus my friend!
oldtoby we will always remember you and your wit and smile! Love you my friend! RIP 1/20/18

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my beloved mother who has joined my daddy with Jesus. :rose: 1/11/20 For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you mom and daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Witchwench » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:18 pm

I was one of those "guests" earlier..I was at work and it was just too busy to log in and do anything..I just hate it when work interferes with play..lol. :rofl:

Sorry to hear Leroy is going back to his home, I'm sure you're going to feel the loss, but you'll have China to watch da movies with you.

I'm happy I found my purple Witchie, I'll try to use her like a sig, if I just remember to past her in when I'm done.

Image <Purple Witchie
Witchwench
Mariner

Postby rwhen » Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:45 am

HHHEEELLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOO DA HHOUUUSSSSEEEEEE!!!

Okay I officially have to apologize to Scribbles....for some reason I thought she only had like 30 to post to three rings and badgered her to get back here and finish the job. Then I see today is is like 300...LOL...now that is easy enough to accomplish ..... I think by Christmas...we will have a silver/gold one celebrating her triple ringhood. Right????? I just hope I didn't scare her away again!! :oops:

Vanadarlin', :hug: SSOTH....I remember when you got China. Can it really be that long ago? 12 years is a good long time for a cat....but she is an indoor one and they do live longer. Hope she is with you for a good time longer. Sorry to read about losing Leroy. Life seems a series of adjustments...right? Cheese eggs....yummmm. I too have an auto blood pressure cuff. But I don't have to wait for it...just slip it on and voila!....Good luck with your persnikity one.

Witchie....your siggie is excellent. I hear ya, I have to remember to use my Fionavar pic when I use her to RP....mostly I forget and have to go back and edit. ;) But it looks great on ya, just like we all remember. :D

:hihi: and :grouphug: as ever.....

oh and just for Tooksies....

Image<------Mugsy McGuire

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Witchwench » Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:53 am

well the good thing about siggies is: they never age, they don't gain weight, and look the same as ever..they are indeed immortal representations of ourselves...even as we are not so inclined to remain the same :D :D

Deep thoughts this morning on sigs, lol

Image <Purple Witchy
Witchwench
Mariner

Postby Witchwench » Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:59 am

Hellllooooooo, Goood morning!! I see it's me, Tooks and a three bots and three guests..:D :D

Image <Purple Witchy
Witchwench
Mariner

Postby Ladykat » Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:06 pm

They should change the name of this place to the "Everyone's Home Thread."

I don't think I've seen it this busy in a long time.

LK
Ladykat
Between the Worlds of Men and Make Believe I Can be Found

Postby Witchwench » Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:23 pm

Ladykat wrote:They should change the name of this place to the "Everyone's Home Thread."

LK

I don't know how slow it was prior to my return, but it's so nice to see all your lovely faces..I've running around turning on light switches in some of the rooms..peeking in

Image <Purple Witchy
Last edited by Witchwench on Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Witchwench
Mariner

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:50 pm

Ladykat wrote:They should change the name of this place to the "Everyone's Home Thread."

LK

8)

Tookish_Traveler
Herald of Manwe

Postby RoseMorninStar » Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:10 pm

Ninui, RoseMorninStar and 7 guests OH MY!! A crowd! :Q

Vana, Bemidji is in Minnesota, Northern Minnesota. If you could drive straight east you'd probably go right through it! When I was maybe 6 or so my family went camping/fishing there with friends. I only remember a little bit.. there were leeches in the lake and when we went into town I got one of those hair holders that a stick goes through. It was made of cork and had an embroidered butterfly on it. I'm sure it wouldn't have stayed in my hair very long as my hair is straight/thin/shiny. I kept the butterfly from it for a long time. I might even have that somewhere...
I remember when you got China too, although I didn't know about Mama Mia. Didn't China have kidney problems? How is she doing with that?

rwhen, I think cats can live a long time.. 15-18 years.
As for numbers, no need to apologize here, I get them mixed up all of the time!

I tried to use IMGUR but I didn't want to register, etc.. maybe some day. I don't recall what my siggy pic was. I think it was of Hobbiton.

I just got in from may hours of yard work and it started to rain. I guess I finished just in time!.

Have a good day everyone! :hihi:
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby Ladykat » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:12 pm

Ok, it says the only people here are me and 4 guests.

I only get 4 guests? And no other TORCers?

Rose had 7 guests.....

Guess no one likes me... :P

LK
Ladykat
Between the Worlds of Men and Make Believe I Can be Found

PreviousNext

Return to Talk: The Bird and the Baby