HEEELLLLLOOOOOOOOOO the home alone thread

Just as Tolkien and the Inklings used to meet at The Bird and the Baby, come in here to converse about whatever might be on your mind. This is the place for all off-topic conversation.

Re: HEEELLLLLOOOOOOOOOO the home alone thread

Postby Witchwench » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:21 pm

I'm here!!! but I'm getting ready for bed..have to work tomorrow and get up early
Witchwench
Mariner

Postby Ladykat » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:34 pm

Witchwench wrote:I'm here!!! but I'm getting ready for bed..have to work tomorrow and get up early

I feel for ya! Not a morning person, myself.

Yes, you should get some sleep. :sleep:

LK
Ladykat
Between the Worlds of Men and Make Believe I Can be Found

Postby basil » Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:58 am

Vanaladiel wrote:We don't bite and I don't know if any of us ever did.

That doesn't sound like much fun at all :D

I chose my entrance so that I would not startle anyone or cause a fright.

Good to see Miss Witchie looking normal again. And wrennie has a parrot?
Polly-rwhen wanna nut? 8)

b
basil
Mariner

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:54 am

*sigh*

Just me and.... no one.

Woe. Woe is me.

For Calma. :) :(
Tookish_Traveler
Herald of Manwe

Postby Witchwench » Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:23 am

Goooood Sunday Morning!

Tooks you are up waaaay too early for my blood...or up too late.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Image <Purple Witchy
Witchwench
Mariner

Postby rwhen » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:50 am

HELLLLLLLOOOOOOO DA HHHOUUUSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

Sunday and for most of us a day of rest. I work nights today and tomorrow and then three off.

Witchie...I'll probably post on the LOTR discussion thread on Tuesday or tomorrow....today my brain cells are barely working. :)

Just me and those same three guests.....ya know GUESTS you are like fish...you both start to stink after three days. :P

basssilllly.....you never heard of Mugsy McGuire???? Oh dear he has been around for almost a decade now.....but watch for him, he is nothing but a trouble maker!! And when he is flying remember.....DON'T LOOK UP!! =:)

:hihi: and :grouphug: as ever!!!
Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!oldtoby!Cock Robin(CR)!Prim!Calma! I will never ever forget you.

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Yes Ayslhyn, I do still remember.

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby heliona » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:13 am

:hihi: Just a fly-by. We had Aravar and Hobbituk visiting yesterday to play some D&D and then today Ailsa had a swimming lesson. She seems bound and determined to drop her final nap so Wilko and I are a bit shattered!

Witchy, I will try to post on your thread this evening.
Image<-- Celebrating Science in the TVM!

Life is short; break the rules, forgive quickly; kiss slowly; love truly; laugh uncontrollably; and never regret anything that made you smile. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Grab a chance and you won't be sorry for the might-have-beens. - Arthur Ransome

Just because I have the vocabulary of a well-educated sailor doesn't mean I'm not a lady.

In Memoriam EDW - March 14th 2009
In Memoriam rowanberry - March 1st 2014 (~In Memoriam AHH - Alfred Lord Tennyson~)

Photos: My Flickr Photo Collections & Wee Nell - the furry ball of mischief! & My Instagram account

(I occasionally post as White Shadow - you've been warned!)

New posters, there's a Welcome and Comprehensive Guide to the Messageboard to answer your questions.
heliona
The Sexy One ~ Hellaciously Huggable

Postby RoseMorninStar » Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:10 pm

Me & 2 guests.

heliona.. mini m00t! How fun! Little ones can run a person ragged. I can't imagine how tiring it would be to raise more than one. I'm sure you are doing a wonderful job.

Here's to days off! I don't take home a paycheck, but I'm not sure I get many 'days off' either.

Since I was baking for luthy's birthday, (and Hobbit day) I'll leave some lembas cookies...
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby Ladykat » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:25 pm

Do I just come here for the food?

Nawww, not ME! =:)

(pounces on lembas cookies...) :P

LK
Ladykat
Between the Worlds of Men and Make Believe I Can be Found

Postby rwhen » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:12 am

HHHEEELLLLLOOOOOOOOO DA HHHHOOUUUUUUSSSSEEEE!!!!

Okay I made it through one night shift and one more ta go tonight....but for a change I slept great, that will help a ton.

Just me and those two same guests visiting at the moment. Should I invite them over????

LK...I am with you....please pass the lembas cookies...especially when made by .....

Rose friend. You make the best cookies and hey you work plenty hard on your big property and all you do for your family. I know it for a fact!!!

heliona....I hope that the little one is feeling better and you and Wilko can get some good sleeps....maybe when you see Hobbi next and Aravar...shoo them this way. ;) But what fun to have them over...

Vanadarlin' and I were just talking yesterday that after the first of the year we are going to try and meet up again....anyone in the Pacific Northwest is welcome...not sure where we will meet....she is in Northern WA and I am in Portland...which is way Northern Oregon...still it is about 4 to 5 hours drive between us...so someplace in the middle i suppose. Miss you my SSOTH and can't wait to hug your neck again. :hug:

Okay....have a grand day everyone....

:hihi: and :grouphug: as ever!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!oldtoby!Cock Robin(CR)!Prim!Calma! I will never ever forget you.

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby rwhen » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:17 am

Update.....I just got a call in to work....mid shift person called in sick and they are left with one person....also night shift was me...so I will have to work a few extra hours as welll.......a very long day ahead of me.... Wish me well for making it through with both feet in tact...

:hihi:

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby basil » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:41 am

Sleep and rest . . . way over-rated. Work 'til you drop.

Mugsy? Maybe, my memory isn't all there at times.

Monday starts the last full week of Sept. '19, never to be seen again. Getting wiser

Hello to all :)

Did you know?

https://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap190923.html

b
basil
Mariner

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:03 pm

Just me and me buddy Ahrefs. :roll:

Neat site, basil. :D

rwhen.... don't work too hard!!! :nono:

Tookish_Traveler
Herald of Manwe

Postby Witchwench » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:38 pm

Equinox..very cool!! thanks basil

Waves at Tooks and rwhen...hope your long shift goes well my dear

Image <Purple Witchy
Witchwench
Mariner

Postby basil » Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:27 pm

Equinox..very cool!! thanks basil

A nice balance, don't you think?

Neat site, basil

So say we all.

Enjoying some fine weather here and a bit of time off for this.

b
basil
Mariner

Postby RoseMorninStar » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:45 pm

Myself, Ahrefs, and 4 guests.

Very cool Equinox page basilly! I hope you are well!

rwhennie, how are your tootsies after a long day? I think if that phone rings during your 3 days off you should not pick up. Get some much needed rest. I spent a full day working in the yard and had a bunch of cooking to do, so I'm pretty knackered too.

Nothin' wrong with comin' here for the food.. let's see what we can scavenge..
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby Witchwench » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:22 pm

Now that definitely looks like food fit for cooler temps Rose!

Image <Purple Witchy
Witchwench
Mariner

Postby Vanaladiel » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:23 pm

Just me and 1 guest tonight!

Rose yes China did have some bladder problems way back but she is doing great. We have a filtered running water bowl that she loves plus she insists on a bowl of fresh water every night at bed time. I found some snacks the other day that were catnip flavored and she and Leroy loved them and even ate together for the first time. I still have some and she is glued to me most of the day to see when I would give her more. Silly kitty.

rwhen I am thinking that I will be in Oregon the first weekend of September for sure and perhaps we can meet up. We have an event in Hood River so we go down and drive the Columbia River route past Multnomah Falls there. I think perhaps we can arrange a side trip to have lunch or hugs!! Unless we arrange something else during the year somewhere in between.

Lady Kat I am thrilled to see you posting with us. Everyone loves you hon! :hug: You here for the food only? NEVER!!! It just so happens we have a great time celebrating things and food just seems to always be around. I agree with Wenchie though that our sigs never change so they do not gain weight and never look older. I like that!

basil hon you can never shock us or scare us. We love to have to come in and posting with us!!! Welcome back hon!!

Wenchie we have nothing but rain lately so we can not enjoy anything going on outside with the moon and such though a week ago was the full moon. Happy Equinox!

Tooks sweetie how are things going sweetie now that you are closer to your next ring? If we all keep posting like this I will get my 4th and you will get your 3rd. ;)

rwhen darling I am so sorry you had to work a possible double shift! That just sucks!! :( Rest your tootsies hon!

Rose those are AWESOME looking cookies!! I hope there is one left for me.

Heliona it is great to see you again sweetie!! This is your daughter having swimming lessons? How old is she now? I think it is so wonderful to be meeting up with TORCers and all. Give my love to Hobbituk and Wilko for me. And a big Hello to Aravar! I don't think we ever posted together.
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

We mourn the loss of Borin who passed away in March 2020 I believe
Calma she passed away on 07/05/19 ! RIP dear lady! :rose:
Primula Baggins passed away on 02/27/19
Cockrobin has passed away on 02/18/2019 Rest in the arms of Jesus my friend!
oldtoby we will always remember you and your wit and smile! Love you my friend! RIP 1/20/18

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my beloved mother who has joined my daddy with Jesus. :rose: 1/11/20 For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you mom and daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:43 am

Hey... Ninui is here with me today. Somewhere... :D :D

I heard there was food here. ;)

Tookish_Traveler
Herald of Manwe

Postby Witchwench » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:40 pm

As I have gotten older, my lean figure somewhere turned into a decidedly round hobbity figure. For the love of food!

Helloooo out there...I am alone with some bots and 27, yes twenty seven guests...where are you?!?!?!?!?!

Image <Purple Witchy
Witchwench
Mariner

Postby rwhen » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:49 pm

HELLLLOOOOOO DA HOUSSSSSEEEEE!!!!!

Please forgive the brevity of this post....I did get the call in yesterday...and ended up with an 8 hour shift on my feetsies...then got a call in this morning. That is after a night of tossing and turning in the humidity.....argh.....so I am barely awake at this point and just wanting to let you folks know I am here....sore back, hips and yes, feet, very sore today after this last shift. I do have two days off after today....supposedly. So I will answer all and reply fully then...

This is a drive by and I don't have a clue who is online at the moment...but I will snag some of the lovely looking vittles that Rose left.

Until tomorrow...

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Witchwench » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:28 pm

rwhen, I feel your pain, I cannot stand humidity and would be unable to sleep without the AC on..I don't know how you did it...I'd be a whimp if I lived pre AC days in this climate. Well hope your feetsies get some rest and you have a couple days to yourself to recuperate!

I have to work tomorrow and I am already dreading getting up and pulling a 12 hour shift..for the love of God, 31 years of this, with another 6 or so to go...lol
Witchwench
Mariner

Postby rwhen » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:21 am

HHHHEEEELLLLLLOOOOOOOOO DA HHHHOOOOOUUUUUSSSEEEEEEE!!!!!!

Online? TOOKS and 5 guests.....what the heck could they be doing together???? Hmmmmmm?

Witchie....I know. I have been hooked on an A/C forever...but when I moved, my brother didn't manage to get it in the window and now that we have made fall...he won't be putting in it. So I have fans that I use regardless....and they help....but the humidity has been stupid high these past few days....Still I managed to get a good nights sleep and my feetsies...along with back and neck are feeling all much better today.

Thank you all for your well wishes. :grouphug:

basillly.....I didn't know that an equinox was a date when both day and night are equal hours....no clue. And that photo is STUNNING!!! as are you my bassillllly kitty!!

Rose friend. Well I am feeling much better today and I am sort of wanting to be known as "the person who DOES answer the phone" on the days off. No one else does. I hear the managers talk about it as if it is the hardest thing...because yup, people call in sick all the time. They don't really care if someone has other plans on a day off if they would just answer the dang phone and say so. So I want to be different and answer when they call. *shrugs* AND If I worked a full day in the yard? I would be on my back for a week...been there and done that. You are so much stronger than you know!!!!

Witchie....by the way, I'll add on this thread......so are you!!! (see comment to Rose) Let's dive into that food, eh? :D All of our figures change when we age up. I am and have always been a lean bean stalk....now it looks like I swallowed a whole melon. Can't get rid of it....so I effectively hide it. *shakes head* Also....I would check your social security and see if there is enough in there for an early retirement....at say 64....and that your work retirement will work with that. They often can. I was forced into early retirement...and I don't make enough...hence the part time job....but I am ever so much happier than working ten hours a day for the past 4 decades or so before that....so maybe check it out. It can't hurt...right?

Okay folks...off to do some chores now. Be good everyone....especially YOU Tooks.....;)

Vanadarlin.....I love ya my SSOTH...but ya know the race to #4 is ON!! Not that I have a chance of even coming close to catching you. If I post at the rate that the boards will allow these days, I won't ever make that #4. But you are not that far off, you will make it for sure. Symmetry!! Have you been able to dance in the moonlight lately??? And hey a trip down this way? Do you mean a year from from now September???? I am all over that my friend. Just let me know as it comes closer or as plans gel up. :D :D :D :love:

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby basil » Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:22 pm

testing testing, etc

Seeing if I can get the imgur picture posting thing done right. Latest pic of me at our KS State Fair earlier this month. IYWTK, Usha is the little yellow top and dark hair, 2nd from the right and me in the green.
She's currently mayor of the Little Apple, AKA Manhattan, KS, home of KSU
I've helped out at the Democratic booth at the fair every year since we moved to Hutchinson

b
basil
Mariner

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:44 am

Hey basil, it worked. :D
Keeping busy I see! :D

Right now there is just me and 1 guest. Of course, it is still o'dark thirty here. :D

Waffles for breakfast!!!

Tookish_Traveler
Herald of Manwe

Postby rwhen » Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:27 am

HHHEEEELLLLLOOOOOOOOO DA HHHOOOOOUUUSSSSSSEEEEEEE!!!!!!

basilllly.....looking dapper as ever my furry friend. And also doing exactly what I would expect you to be doing. :D Remember if you are the last one...take the flag with you. (tho there is promising stuff happening) Give lady E kitty a big ol' hug from me. :hug:

TOOKS.....WAFFLES!!!!! *dives in* I lurve waffles....

Here is sumthin' sumthin' ta go wiff.....

So plan was to get up early enough to be at the pharmacy when it opened at 9am....that tanked....I woke up a bit late after a night of tossing and turning and lots of bathroom calls....but I did manage to make it to the store by 10am.....got the prescriptions...then got a few too many things in the grocery part, then headed to the clothing stuff.....I need a very large men's yellow Tee....gonna be a bumble bee for Halloween at work.....I found a gold one for $9, that works...then my eyes lit upon ladies crew socks...which I need.....10 pair half off at $12....well that was by the scarves.....I use the large ones to cover my coffee table....and mine needs replacing, found two that would do the trick......$12 each. Then I remembered that I needed shampoo and cream rinse.....$15 bucks...and noticed the Tide/Downey right on the next aisle.....$18 bucks.....all and all and $100 later.....I am not moving that debit card from its place for two weeks!!! (well maybe sooner, I need the wings, antennae, queen crown and wide black duct or electrical or painting tape.....for the bumble bee costume...all I can get at the $$$ store...still....)

Hope everyone is well. Having a great day.....

:hihi: and :grouphug: as ever!!!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:17 am

hmmmm. Tis lunchtime. How about kielbasa sandwiches???

Of course, I love mine with sauerkraut too. :D

Hellooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...........

I see 1 guest out there!

Tookish_Traveler
Herald of Manwe

Postby rwhen » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:22 am

HHHEEEELLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DDDAAA HHHHHOOOOUUUUSSSEEEEEEEE!!!!

Wow. What happened to everyone yesterday. :Q Other than the TVM...I was the only person to post...an nl the only person besides TOOKS and me on the TVM ... where did everyone go.....

Anyway...my story. I am off today, unless I get that call within the next hour ...... I do have a trip to the $ store (not mine) to get the items for the costume and then WINCO for some Coke and taters....forgot those yesterday precioussss. I am roasting a whole chicken this afternoon, with butter taters and saute'd zuke's. I thought to make some bread (in the bread maker) but I have a loaf in the freezer and a brand new one that I just got....but I do make a lovely gravy from the drippings...and maybe home made biscuits are in order....

So tomorrow I am back at work for an afternoon shift and then two night shifts after that....

Hope people start to rouse themselves and get on back and post on up in this forum....miss ya'll!! :(

:hihi: and :grouphug: as ever

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:34 am

Weekends are slow around here. sheesh. You'd think folks would have more time to visit on the weekends.

:D

:hihi: to rwhen

Tookish_Traveler
Herald of Manwe

Postby Ninui » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:35 pm

[b]Ninui & 2 guests.

:hihi: to everyone here.

Not a big fan of the food but today I've got a "yankering" for it. Brought some for all

https://youtu.be/oi3_3n8Ggzc
Ninui
Mariner

PreviousNext

Return to Talk: The Bird and the Baby