HEEELLLLLOOOOOOOOOO the home alone thread

Just as Tolkien and the Inklings used to meet at The Bird and the Baby, come in here to converse about whatever might be on your mind. This is the place for all off-topic conversation.

Re: HEEELLLLLOOOOOOOOOO the home alone thread

Postby rwhen » Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:29 pm

HHEEELLLLOOOOO DDDAAAA HHHHOOOUUUSSSEEE!!!!!!

Sorry for delay in replying to TORC. Work and health having been kicking my butt lately, but finally my chest is starting to get a bit clearer every day and I hope my energy returns back to normal as well. Everything I planned and cooked came out great and had freezer portions ta boot. Sounds like everyone came through the holidays with little to no damage. ;)

Rosie. I use poblano's all the time and every now and again I will get one that is a bit warmer than they usually are, but mostly they are easy to deal with on the heat level. I have two lovely peppers just waiting for me to TRY and stuff, bread and fry into rellano's for like the millionth time. I saw a video that gave me a tip that I am going to try. It is my favorite thing. :D

Tookish, I too have to say, that is the perfect siggie photo. Now for me, the only shopping that I enjoy IS the grocery store. (except when it is just too dang crowded). Hope your trip is easy and in and out fast.

Ninui...thanks for the cake. Also good luck at the store. Are you floating away like we are South of you? Geesh is it ever going to stop raining!!!

*refreshes Melwa's tea* Well it is just me and I tend to keep Kleenex boxes in living room, bathroom and bedroom, as well as my car. Just in case...right? Hope you had a wonderful new years. :D Any plans for the new year now>

I think I replied to everyone. If I missed ya...I'll pick you up next time.

I am having soup and sammie for supper. Worked late last night. ARGH.

Take good care everyone.

:hihi: and :grouphug: as ever.

*starts cleaning around the house and laying clean freshener on tables*
Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!oldtoby!Cock Robin(CR)!Prim!Calma! I will never ever forget you.

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Yes Ayslhyn, I do still remember.

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby RoseMorninStar » Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:52 pm

The 12th day of Christmas is behind us now, but I have a TON of food in my fridge! Y'all can come over & feast.

rwhennie, I hope your health continues to improve & things quiet down at work for awhile. I've got a heaviness in my chest/some post-nasal drip that I'm dealing with that is causing me to cough at night.

I don't know what was up with those peppers.. I bought 4 of them, but they are HOT.. not just 'zippy' but.. burning HOT. Like a habañero.
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:59 am

Me and no guests!!!!

Nobody.

Nobody is here but meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee............................

*looks around*

*checks the fridge for leftovers*

The Boyz are back in town.

--------------------------------------
(for Calma) :(
---------------------------------
Tookish_Traveler
Herald of Manwe

Postby Ninui » Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:59 pm

"Ninui & 3 guests ..... Joins Tooks looking for left overs while holding slice of cake in her hand" .......
Ninui
Mariner

Postby Witchwench » Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:01 pm

Helloooooooo everyone...me and a couple UGs hanging out, wanted to stop by and say hi...my head banging made looking at a computer screen rather painful, so I have been off mine for awhile...but I'm back, feeling well, headache and stiff neck gone.

rwhen, sounds like your turning the corner, stay well my friend.

Tooks, Ninui, Rose, basil all holding down the fort and making sure good food is on the table..nummmmm just look at that!

Rather a frigid night here in the north country, it's 2F degrees outside with a -35F windchill..burrrrrrrrr. I went out, fed the critters..tucked them in and got my rear end back inside.

hugs and more hugs my fellow torcers

Image<Witchy
Witchwench
Mariner

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:42 pm

Me and 4 guests. Hope they brought snacks. Where are the snacks? Aren't there supposed to be snacks????

*calls out for pizza*

PS: Temps hit 50 F here today. :P

Tookish_Traveler
Herald of Manwe

Postby RoseMorninStar » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:15 pm

Me & 3 guests. They brought snacks since I'm fasting. It's football season.. dig in.

It's getting cold here. Ice. Snow. I suppose it's what we should expect in January, but having a fairly mild winter so far (with the exception of the end of October) has been nice. I hope everyone else is staying warm!
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby basil » Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:32 am

basil
Mariner

Postby basil » Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:47 am

A couple of days ago I ran across an article in our local paper about an event just north of me in Inman. One of the presenters is Ray Flickner, who, if he's the fellow I know, worked a few summers with me on a farm just north of Abilene KS.

Just guess where I'll be Tuesday. See the linx below.

If he's the man I know, we're talking 30 years ago. May be I can get pictures and make him famous. :lol:

And all those who are under the weather and fighting off some ailment, please to get better.

https://www.kcare.k-state.edu/irrigatio ... _Farm.html

&

https://www.kcare.k-state.edu/FIFJan%20 ... 0flyer.pdf

b
basil
Mariner

Postby RoseMorninStar » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:24 pm

Lookie what I found on a facebook page from the teeny weeny little town where some of my ancestors were from in Slovakia:
Image There's a car for you basilly!
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:58 pm

That's interesting, Rose!!! basil was there too???? ;) :D :D
I oughta go look for one of those!

basil, anybody you know should be quite famous. :D

Oh, and thanks for the snacks. 8)

Tookish_Traveler
Herald of Manwe

Postby Vanaladiel » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:08 pm

I am sorry I have not been on lately. It has been a trying several weeks. Last week I was called out of town to help with my mom another weekend but it turns out we all came in because they said she would not make it through the weekend. Saturday just before 9pm my mother passed away and went to be with my dad and Jesus in heaven. We are sad to lose her but she is no longer in pain and suffering. I will miss her dearly because she was my best friend growing up. I am more relieved for her then grieved at this time. I do know I will have to go through the grieving process but for now I am happier that she is not suffering. My siblings feel the same way.

So winter is hitting here in our area finally. Very cold temps and snow everywhere!!! But I am going to find a way to enjoy this winter and see the beauty in nature!!

I will be going back to read what has been going on here and catching up.
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

We mourn the loss of Calma she passed away on 07/05/19 ! RIP dear lady! :rose:
Primula Baggins passed away on 02/27/19
Cockrobin has passed away on 02/18/2019 Rest in the arms of Jesus my friend!
oldtoby we will always remember you and your wit and smile! Love you my friend! RIP 1/20/18

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my beloved mother who has joined my daddy with Jesus. :rose: 1/11/20 For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you mom and daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Vanaladiel » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:04 pm

Me and 2 guests.

Loved all the links to cute clips and yummy stuff, basil that cat at the ball game is funny. I saw the games yesterday and how things turned around. We don't watch sports here because we do not have regular tv but enjoyed the games over the weekend at my sister's place. I think my brother in law would die if he missed any sports daily! Ah but I love him!

rwhen I do hope you are feeling much better by now.

Wenchy I hope the headaches have stopped. It is not nice to slam ones head on hard surfaces. I hope you did not hurt yourself terrribly, concussions are not fun.

basil I just don't if I am ready for a poop log for Christmas! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Well we have snow after all the rain we have gotten the last few weeks, the temps have dropped before freezing and the snow storm hit yesterday about the time I got home. We only have about 2 inches but it keeps trying to do more and will for the next week. So glad I do not have to go out in it!

I am glad to be back and hope to try to be here more again now that things have calmed down. I got back on meds on the 30th of December and they worked great. So now it is time to just settle in and get comfortable and stay warm till spring. Hey it's only about 8 weeks till spring. I can do this!!!! :D

Hello's to Rose, Ninui, Wenchy, basil, Tooks, Melwa, rwhen and everyone else!!! Happy New Year!!!
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

oldtoby we will always remember you and your wit and smile! Love you my friend! RIP 1/20/18

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

For my beloved mother who has joined my daddy with Jesus. :rose: 1/11/20 For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you mom and daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby RoseMorninStar » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:24 pm

Vana, my sincere condolences. :hug: But I agree with you, watching a loved one suffer is horrible and is no 'blessing' especially when you know they are not going to get better. That said, it is hard. Perhaps you can put together an album or find someplace to write down happy memories as they come to you so that, when the grieving does hit, you have something to comfort you. :rose:
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby Witchwench » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:46 am

Helllooooooo everyone..me and 4 UGs at the moment.

Van, I am so sorry to hear about your mother, it will be rough, but it sounds like she led a full life and that makes a huge difference. I am to waiting my father's turn to pass away. He is almost 87, dementia and has difficulty getting around as well as incontinent. I will still miss him when he goes, but it will also be a celebration, that he leaves this rusted old body behind and get's to be new and shiny! Yes, there will also be a sense of relief..your grief will happen, it may not be explosive, like losing a loved one unexpectedly and before their time, but it will happen, probably in quiet ways in quiet times.

thanks for the well wishes everyone, I have my gators on my boots and they aren't coming off until spring!

basil, that is funny and kinda sad, that poor boy looked so scared out there on the field..had a complete WT-Samhill is going on!

Rose, Slovakia pizza, I'm IN!!! and look, they deliver! <3 Witchy wondering how much extra delivery will be to Hope, Minnesota

Hugs everyone...as they say: Today is a great day to have a great day!!!! :hug:

Image<Witchy
Witchwench
Mariner

Postby Vanaladiel » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:57 pm

Thank you Rose and Wenchie! I am working on a family photo wall of great times we had as a family and then bringing in the children and their families into the scene. As it goes I will share pictures if I can. I do think it will help to keep me from the sadness and show me all the love that was there all those years with the smiles and adventures we had.

Yes I know the challenges of which you speak Wenchie. Mom was having mild dementia till October when I think the narcotics they had her on really messed with her mind. She just never came back, it progressed so fast then. Something that happened Saturday afternoon about 2:45pm as we sat in mom's room with her, she was holding my hand and had not shown any type of recognition that anyone was with her when she suddenly gripped my hand. I commented on her giving me a squeeze and then she just relaxed and was gone again. My sister and brother that were there agree with me that it was probably then that mom said good bye and it was just her body not having given up yet. So I feel that she told me she loved me before leaving! I want to believe that because it gives me peace!

So we have snow in the Great Pacific Northwest! How is the rest of the country fairing in this winter system that is coming down from Canada and the deep frozen north?
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Witchwench » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:08 pm

Van,
Unless one witnesses death first hand..it seems to be the same. You can tell when the soul has left the body and the body doesn't know it yet and takes some time winding down. Kind of like an old car, you turn the engine off, everyone departs, but that engine keeps sputtering for awhile, even with no key or gas...I had a similar experience with my mom many decades ago...she left before her body did..I could seriously almost see it. She had been pretty much comatose for several days, suddenly she sat up, she reached out with her arm pointing at the door to her bedroom and exclaimed "ooooo" very excitedly...then slumped down. Her body continued to breath on it's own for about 30 minutes..just winding down. It was very sad, as she passed away at a younger age than I am now, and I was very young myself...but it made me not afraid of the death process and it renewed my faith in an afterlife, even if I refused to be a believer in any religion for many years afterwards.

Okay..heavy stuff..lol. Tooks, Rose, Ninui ..anyone..could use a snack here :D

Image<Witchy
Witchwench
Mariner

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:13 pm

I ain't gonna smack you, witchy. :)

But I will give Vana a big hug. :hug:

Tookish_Traveler
Herald of Manwe

Postby RoseMorninStar » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:29 pm

Snacks!
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby Witchwench » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:33 pm

Tooks no, I do not want smacks..just snacks...Rose brings snacks not smacks...yay!!! :rofl:

Image<Witchy
Witchwench
Mariner

Postby RoseMorninStar » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:39 pm

How 'bout a Smack Snack?
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby Witchwench » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:49 pm

Great combo..the Smack Snack!!!

Image<Witchy
Witchwench
Mariner

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:59 pm

Witchwench wrote:Tooks no, I do not want smacks..just snacks...Rose brings snacks not smacks...yay!!! :rofl:

Image<Witchy

So.... I can't see too well until I've had a third cup of coffee in the morning. :P

:D

Tookish_Traveler
Herald of Manwe

Postby Melwa » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:51 am

Me and two guests here today.

Tooks: It seems like the only groceries I've been needing for weeks is yogurt, bread, eggs and bananas. Stupid stomach bug! I've gotten rather good at smoothies, omelettes and potato pancakes...

Ninui: Where did you go? Too busy on the little one-sentence threads that boost your post count more quickly? :P

Rwhen: Oh I definitely have Kleenex boxes in every other room. It's just sometimes that's not enough!

Rose: That football stadium is almost too pretty to eat! What are the goalposts made out of? Chocolate covered pretzel sticks? But how are they held together?

Witchy: Good to see you back, glad the headaches subsided! Bundle up well when you have to poke your head out of doors. No more smacks!

Basil: Sounds like an interesting workshop. How'd it go?

Vana: Glad to see you back, sorry to hear your news. :rose: It sounds like you were all able to say goodbye, which is a blessing. :hug: The family album sounds like a wonderful idea.
Melwa
Ranger of the North

Postby RoseMorninStar » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:08 am

Melwa wrote:Rose: That football stadium is almost too pretty to eat! What are the goalposts made out of? Chocolate covered pretzel sticks? But how are they held together?

I did not make the stadium, I found the photo on the interwebs. :) I THINK the goal posts are made from sausage sticks?? Probably held together with toothpicks?? Maybe?? Could be something made with pretzels & chocolate however.
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby Thor 'n' Oakenshield » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:37 pm

it's just me and 2 guests tonight.

Vana, I'm very sorry to hear about your loss, and I'm sorry I couldn't be here sooner to help. Thinking of you and your family.

Melwa, I hope you feel better soon! The same sentiment goes out to you, rwhen! Part of the reason I haven't been on much lately was because of how horribly sick I was over the New Year's holiday: thankfully, I made it out alive and mostly intact (I missed out on a couple of much-needed hours of sleep, and felt exhausted by the end of the illness).

And thanks to everybody providing images of delectable snacks (and smacks, or smack-snacks, or snack-smacks): you've reminded my stomach just how starved it is for a tasty dinner.
Thor 'n' Oakenshield
Rider of the Mark

Postby Ninui » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:38 pm

Uh oh !!! Melwa has figured me out. Must come up with new strategy . Haven't seen rwhen at all lately. Any one know where she's gone to ? She still working for everyone else and not taking time for herself ???? She still sick or has gotten better ????

Dropping off some fruit bowls for everyone. Hope you enjoy

https://youtu.be/aNcZTiROURk

..... rushes off to figure new strategy ......
Ninui
Mariner

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:55 pm

Only me and Arefs. :(

*sigh*

More snacks... healthy ones too!!!

Tookish_Traveler
Herald of Manwe

Postby RoseMorninStar » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:59 pm

Oh YUM!! I've been wondering about rwhennie too. I figure she's probably just working a lot.
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby Witchwench » Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:00 am

Hellllllllllllllllllo, me and three UGs

Tooks...really? Raspberries on potatoes? That's just wrong! :shock: I'm shocked I tell ya, shocked :shock:

Thor, glad you are feeling better :hug:

Been wondering about rwhen myself, she is a working machine despite health, so I'm always a bit worried.

Rose, isn't good to have people bring delicious food (except that raspberry potato thing..don't tell Tooks, but she has me a bit worried) ;)

Melwa, Ninuie, Vana, basil and anyone else popping by...big hug

Image<Witchy
Witchwench
Mariner

PreviousNext

Return to Talk: The Bird and the Baby