HEEELLLLLOOOOOOOOOO the home alone thread

Just as Tolkien and the Inklings used to meet at The Bird and the Baby, come in here to converse about whatever might be on your mind. This is the place for all off-topic conversation.

Re: HEEELLLLLOOOOOOOOOO the home alone thread

Postby Thor 'n' Oakenshield » Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:54 am

Exciting is the word for it, alright! :D
An update: my sister who went to Montana is now traveling to Colorado (or may already be there at this point) with a group of her friends, which is an improvement over living out of the attic of a taxidermist's shop in the middle of nowhere. I must say, I was getting a little nervous for her: she's traveled across the world many times before (she once lived for a week in a yurt in Mongolia, and also leads scuba-diving archaeology missions off the coast of Costa Rica every now and again), but it was just a bit nerve-wracking to have her heading off on another wild expedition at this current moment in time, what with the pandemic and the stress we've all been feeling. I believe she's also thinking about moving to California, though I don't know if anything's going to come of that. She's got a roaming heart, that's for sure! Unsurprisingly, her favorite Tolkien character is Aragorn (and she does, in fact, have a strict rule that she won't date anyone who hasn't read The Lord Of The Rings).
In other news, it's a beautiful sunny day around where I live, so, for the moment at least, I have no plans to go adventuring in the wild blue yonder. Give me this cool, northerly autumnal weather any day.
Thor 'n' Oakenshield
Rider of the Mark

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:48 pm

Who is online

In total there are 45 users online :: 3 registered, 0 hidden and 42 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)

:shock:

This is for all of TORC, not just the Talk forum. I oughta track these peeples! :horse:

Yea... coolish weather is fine with me too, Thor'n. Thank goodness we have some for now.
As to your traveling sister....I think she'll be fine. :D

We need some laughs here.....
Tookish_Traveler
Herald of Manwe

Postby Ninui » Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:32 pm

Love the Daffy Duck you found there, Tooks.

We've been having hot weather. Am done with it
Ninui
Mariner

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:38 pm

Next week looks better for cooling off. :P

Can't wait.

In the meantime...

HEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO......................

Tookish_Traveler
Herald of Manwe

Postby Ninui » Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:35 pm

Supposed to get real hot here for the next few days. have been hit with smoke from eastern Washington & California. Not a double whammie anyone shoulld get. The haze and smell ....
:x :P
Ninui
Mariner

Postby Ladykat » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:51 pm

Ohhhh Ninui, I feel sorry for you. Wish I could send some of the coolness we're having here your way.

I really wouldn't mind if it were just a little warmer as long as the humidity didn't go up with the temperatures.

I like just being able to open my windows and not have to run my AC.

LK
Ladykat
Between the Worlds of Men and Make Believe I Can be Found

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:47 am

Me and 3 guests. :P

Ninui, that whole situation out where you are is horrendous. You guys need lots of rain and cool weather.

We are finally cooling off. Last night...no AC, had the windows open. It was lovely. And the dog didn't bark at imaginary noises he heard outside. :roll: :D

Tookish_Traveler
Herald of Manwe

Postby Vanaladiel » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:43 pm

Me and 3 guests tonight.

Yes the smoke from the fires of Eastern Washington and California and Oregon have been terrible.. Warm weather and so much smoke we have to close the windows. I can't stand the windows closed in the summer. It's not too warm right now but gets plenty warm since I have no air conditioning. But I am glad it is still summer weather so far.

Great to see you post again Sidd!!! :love: :happydance: :grouphug: You are a doctor now are you not?? Very smart young man and so glad to see that you stuck it out in school!! Congratulations!!

That ice cream cake looks so fabulous! I used to love the Peanut Buster Parfaits. But now I prefer the Turtle Pecan Blizzard! I adore ice cream!!

Yesterday I spent the day in Seattle at the U of W Medical Center getting a CT Scan, Echo Cardiogram and seeing my Cardiologist. Full day from one appointment to the next. Results were GREAT!! Everything looks great no leaks of the aorta nor any major leaks of heart valves. So the doctor decided that I do not have to go back for 2 years now!!! I can now lift up to 50 pounds and exercise a bit. I can dance or walk on the treadmill and get some movements going.

The sad news I got in late July is that I have arthritis in both knees! The left knee is the worst. The Orthopedic surgeon gave me a shot in the knee that brought down the swelling of my leg for 3 weeks and also took care of any pain I was having. She said I will be getting a knee replacement when the shots no longer work. Till then I have to exercise the knee joints. The shots can be done every 4 months so the next one is in November if and when I need it. But at least I know what is going on there. So the good with the bad.

I pray everyone is staying healthy! The lockdown continues as long as we are willing to do it. I am getting desperate to get out but I have a great mask know that has filters and protects me well.

If anyone hears of any one of us getting Covid please let us know!! I have not heard from Rwhen in a very long time. It worries me!!

Miss you all!! Stay safe and happy!!! :horse: :grouphug: :drink: :TORC: :love: :clap: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

We mourn the loss of Borin who passed away in March 2020 I believe
Calma she passed away on 07/05/19 ! RIP dear lady! :rose:
Primula Baggins passed away on 02/27/19
Cockrobin has passed away on 02/18/2019 Rest in the arms of Jesus my friend!
oldtoby we will always remember you and your wit and smile! Love you my friend! RIP 1/20/18

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my beloved mother who has joined my daddy with Jesus. :rose: 1/11/20 For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you mom and daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Previous

Return to Talk: The Bird and the Baby