At the Lady Tooks' Request

Just as Tolkien and the Inklings used to meet at The Bird and the Baby, come in here to converse about whatever might be on your mind. This is the place for all off-topic conversation.

At the Lady Tooks' Request

Postby erinhue » Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:39 am

A crisp breeze with a delicious hint of peppermint gusted into the hall driving a flurry of rainbow sparkled snow. A tall man of middle years with curly dark hair and a close cropped beard stepped out of the sparkling cloud. In the crook of his left arm rested a small hand held harp in the shape of a slightly tarnished golden dragon As one the people in the hall shouted out...ERINHUE!

Hail and Hiya People Of TORC. Last week in the mail I got a delightful surprise blast from the past. It was a Christmas card from our dear Lady Tooks and it was signed "We miss you, Hue" I right then and there I was reminded that I missed being here with all of you. Life has a way of stealing time without you even noticing.

The Danimal is in his second year of College. He graduated middle school as the valedictorian and high school an the close call saludatorian.Got into his first choice college and saved his old dad a bundle by getting a scholarship that covers tuition and room and board. I pay for the rest but the big bite is covered. Whew. that money saved all his life for this will go a whole lot further now. He is as tall as I am now and has decided that he too will wear a beard and moustache although his is a lot more wild and wooly than mine but then again so was mine at his age.

I am still toddling on with my center. The government funding is no more but I got the local gas company and the electric company to sponsor a grant to keep the center running for another year or three. I got enough in the budget now to hire a deputy director to help out. I only go in when I want to and there is now someone to pass the dreaded M&M's over to now

Yeah I sure did miss this place. I think me and the old worm might just hang around awhile
"Where ever you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Bonzi

erinhue
Warrior/Bard of Belfalas Illuvatar's Bright Spirit

Re: At the Lady Tooks' Request

Postby Herger » Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:04 am

:shock: Master Hue!! :love: What a delight to visit here this morning and see your post!

What a wonderful update you've given us. My goodness, Danimal in college? How the time has flown by! And such remarkable academic achievements? Clearly he has had a wonderful teacher and mentor in his father.

So glad to hear that your time is less drained these days and that you have the help you need to continue on. I do so hope you will be able to visit here more often - I myself have only just recently been drawn back and I feel how empty some corners have become as life has picked away at time.

:grouphug: :drink:

A toast, to our beloved Master Hue!

Time wounds all heels
Seasons turn on and on
But no matter how dark the night
We know there will be dawn

So let us drink and be merry
Let us cling to friends and all
Light every candle against darkness
Fill with songs this blessed hall

-elengil
Herger
Rider of the Mark

Postby Witchwench » Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:14 pm

Wow time does fly..your Danimal and my son are the same age...all grown up ..but just little babies when we first came to Torc. I have more grey hair and more pounds..but life is good.

I'm missing something..center? That must have come about after I departed these shores last.

Good to see you swing by, hope it becomes a habit

Image<Merry Witchy
Witchwench
Mariner

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:37 pm

Hee. :D

The prodigal Bard returns. :D

Great update, Hue.

As for me.... I am officially retired, and thusly somewhat impoverished. Don't really care though. :D

We need some laughs here.....
Tookish_Traveler
Herald of Manwe

Postby RoseMorninStar » Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:19 pm

Wow.. Danimal must make you quite proud! Tuition/room & board is quite an amazing scholarship!!! WOW!!! That is an enormous savings. I recall you looking for recipes to get him to eat more vegetables!! That must be longer ago than I would care to admit. Glad to hear you are doing well Bard Hue! Happy Holidays to you!
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby rwhen » Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:23 am

Master Hue!! First let me gain some luck and buy a bard a beer on this holiday.

Second I am so happy you got the card from Tooksies. We both determined to shame ya back again. ;) I hope my card reaches you.

Third. WHAT!!!!! Danimal is in college and second year no less? You have every reason to preen my friend. So Preen away!!

Hope you can keep that center you got going again for many years to come and hey, make us happy and toss us a bone here on TORC from time to time. We DO miss you. Read the FALLEN thread. :hug:

For me, I am retired now....but social security doesn't pay enough so I am also working part time in my dotage. It is amazing to me that about twenty years ago we all arrived as young TURKS here on TORC.....look at us now. Still hanging, shiny and bright. And to steal a phrase from you...

Brightest Blessings to our only and bestest MASTER BARD!!
Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!oldtoby!Cock Robin(CR)!Prim!Calma! I will never ever forget you.

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Yes Ayslhyn, I do still remember.

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby SilverScribe » Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:27 pm

. . . . strolls in, whistling . . .

So it just goes to show y'all how much "pull" our dear Tooks truly has. 8) She has lured our own dear Master Erinhue back to these hallowed halls. ;)

WOW. The Danimal in COLLEGE??? *feels faint* But Congratulations Master Hue, that's wonderful news!

(I received a lovely card this year with the same "We miss ya!" hint in it, LOLOL. How do you refuse THAT?) :shock:

:hihi: A big shout out and HI Y'ALL to everyone!

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~
Fur meine Mutter . . . Sie sind für immer in meinem Herzen . . .

A song for our Fallen, but not Forgotten . . . Galadriel's Lament
SilverScribe
Scribe, Wanderer, Warrior . . . Bard of Rhudaur and Herald of Manwe

Postby Herger » Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:48 pm

Scribbles! I have a card for you but have lost your address :( I hope you come back and see this!
Herger
Rider of the Mark

Postby SilverScribe » Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:18 pm

** saunters back in ***

Ah, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who loses things, LOL. :D :D

I will be moving this summer so my address will be changing anyway. If you're still at the same address in Concrete, I can drop you a note ;) with my current return address. :whistle:

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~
Fur meine Mutter . . . Sie sind für immer in meinem Herzen . . .

A song for our Fallen, but not Forgotten . . . Galadriel's Lament
SilverScribe
Scribe, Wanderer, Warrior . . . Bard of Rhudaur and Herald of Manwe

Postby Vanaladiel » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:41 pm

Welcome back Master Hue!! So Dan is what 20 now? Such a special and bright young man. I would be proud too for his making that kind of scholarship! I am so glad to hear that he is going to college. What is he studying? So he has grown into a fine copy of his dear ole dad?

So glad you have come back!!

Same for you Scribbles and Herger!!!
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

We mourn the loss of Borin who passed away in March 2020 I believe
Calma she passed away on 07/05/19 ! RIP dear lady! :rose:
Primula Baggins passed away on 02/27/19
Cockrobin has passed away on 02/18/2019 Rest in the arms of Jesus my friend!
oldtoby we will always remember you and your wit and smile! Love you my friend! RIP 1/20/18

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my beloved mother who has joined my daddy with Jesus. :rose: 1/11/20 For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you mom and daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby erinhue » Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:26 am

the center? I got a story about that...wanna hear it...here it goes 8)

Long ago I was a junior exec riding the corporate rocket to the top of the banking world. the lifestyle was totally off the hook and nearly killed me. After a 4 martini lunch meeting, I wrapped my car around a pole. Had to be cut out of the car and a long recovery including having to learn to walk all over again. Over time I had done well for myself but I was done with corporate life.

To get my masters degree I had laid out the whole deal for creating and running a community center. This is what I brought to reality once I was good to go again. I am the executive director and have been for more years than I would like to say but 20 would be a good round number. That is also how I started calling all women darlin'. I had a Seniors group and they were all widowed women. at the start I had trouble with the names so I just called them all darlin' and it took so I do to this day.

The center has a senior group an after school homework assistance program, help with any city state or government agency problems or help getting any form of assistance that is offered to the public, I got a food pantry and in the winter I run a 3 day a week soup kitchen In the summer I run a summer day camp, which is my favorite thing. I get/got funding from the federal government and well anywhere else I can convince people to give me money. At work I am generally running my mouth somewhere. If you ask me I will tell you that I am hardly working and do even less when I can but the true truth is that I work my butt off for that place and all the people that come through its doors
"Where ever you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Bonzi

erinhue
Warrior/Bard of Belfalas Illuvatar's Bright Spirit

Postby Herger » Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:30 am

I'm sure all the Bards remember the infamous M&M months that you'd all but disappear off the face of the earth. <3
Herger
Rider of the Mark

Postby Vanaladiel » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:06 pm

Master Hue it is terrific to see you posting here. I love your tales even when we know they are true! We are all seniors now and I always loved you calling me darlin!
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

We mourn the loss of Borin who passed away in March 2020 I believe
Calma she passed away on 07/05/19 ! RIP dear lady! :rose:
Primula Baggins passed away on 02/27/19
Cockrobin has passed away on 02/18/2019 Rest in the arms of Jesus my friend!
oldtoby we will always remember you and your wit and smile! Love you my friend! RIP 1/20/18

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my beloved mother who has joined my daddy with Jesus. :rose: 1/11/20 For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you mom and daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:10 pm

Well, Hue sounds like a very busy bard!!! :shock: :D

I think it is wonderful. :D

We need some laughs here.....
Tookish_Traveler
Herald of Manwe

Return to Talk: The Bird and the Baby