Three wishes, what would you wish for?

Just as Tolkien and the Inklings used to meet at The Bird and the Baby, come in here to converse about whatever might be on your mind. This is the place for all off-topic conversation.

Three wishes, what would you wish for?

Postby InnocentEvil » Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:59 am

If you had three wishes, what would you choose?

Ixnay on the wishes for more wishes (best Robin Williams impersonation here) ;)

I'm still thinking about what I'd wish for, I'll let you know later :)
InnocentEvil
Ringbearer

Postby Thewhitetree » Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:08 am

These aren't in any particular order...

Well I would love to have money, no, not for a greedy reason but because there is so much I could do and accomplish in life if I didn't have to work. No matter how much money I had nothing could replace the joy I get out of writing and exchanging poems with Parm or Hue and others. I could travel the world and meet great people.

Organize a giant ball. Maybe not a ball, but a place of meeting to which each and every TORCer would go to and we would all have a grand and wonderful time together socializing...

Be able to wield the English language with formidable skill. I love to write as it is but my talent is limited... I wish I sould posess the skill that poets like William Blake of old had...

:)
Thewhitetree
Mariner

Postby Hobbituk » Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:19 am

1) First I'd wish for a chocolate poodle

2) Then I'd wish that the rule about not wishing for more wishes didn't exist

3) Then I'd wish for more wishes.

I'm surprised more people haven't thought of that.
Hobbituk
Ringbearer

Postby arventhedibbun » Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:25 am

1.I'd wish for a kayak.
2.I'd wish for a sword, a bow and arrow, and a javelin.
3.I'd also wish for house in the country with a lake.
arventhedibbun
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Thewhitetree » Sun Aug 14, 2005 12:03 pm

Coming to think of it I might also wish for a lifetime supply of Guiness... :wink:

*makes Hobbi's chocolate poodle bite him*

:P
Thewhitetree
Mariner

Postby Gilaglar » Sun Aug 14, 2005 12:48 pm

Hobbi, in his sig, wrote:The other night I had a dream I was that bloke who wrote "The Lord of the Rings". I was Tolkien in my sleep.

:rofl: :lol:

I would:

1. Wish for enough money to never have to work again.
2. Wish for an end to war.
3. Wish for a turkey sandwich on rye bread with lettuce and mustard. And... And I don't want any zombie turkeys, I don't want to turn into a turkey myself, and I don't want any other weird surprises. You got that? :wink:
Gilaglar
Ranger of the North

Postby Calma » Sun Aug 14, 2005 1:25 pm

#1) The end to ALL diseases. Cancer, Alzhiemers, etc. People would live until the usual age as they do now, but they would be unfettered by crippling diseases.

#2) The end to ALL wars. People wouldn't give a hoot or a holler about the next person's color, religion, or how he wears his hat.

#3) Enough money to buy the Mariners and have enough left over to make them a Worlds Series Champion and keep me flush for the rest of my life.

And it's just goofy thing to say you can't wish for three more wishes. :P
Because I need more bears. Lots and lots of bears and house big enough to hold them. So that would be my fourth wish. If I can't have it, I'll beg the Geni until I get it.
Then you must take into consideration the old addage...
Careful what you wish for. You just might get it.
Calma
Crazy Cat Lady

Location: Up the road, across the street, down the lane, and around the bend

Postby luthienelflover » Sun Aug 14, 2005 1:35 pm

1. To get my book published
2. To see Wicked ;)
3. To go to Ireland and Scotland

All I need, really... :P
luthienelflover
Herald of Manwe

Postby Gilaglar » Sun Aug 14, 2005 1:37 pm

luthienelflover wrote:1. To get my book published

You had better finish it then, eh? ;)

Calma, is there that much money in the world? :o
Gilaglar
Ranger of the North

Postby §ol » Sun Aug 14, 2005 1:53 pm

Hmm. There's a bunch I would make jokingly (I wish all people were made impotent and one had to pass an intelligence test to get the antidote, for example).

1) On the selfish point, I wish that whenever I reached into my pocket I would pull out the exact change for whatever I wish to buy. This way, I don't become a target for those who would steal large amounts of money, nor would I have a finite amount of money that would eventually run out.

2) I wish for the ability to force others to see situations wholistically. Thus, every person would not only be able, but HAVE to see all sides of an argument, and understand the position and stance of their opponents. The number of confrontations that could be avoided and problems that could be solved if only people could understand one another are endless.

3) Wish for the capability to travel through the Internet. Both to smack idiots and to visit others.
§ol
Mariner

Postby Calma » Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:08 pm

Gilaglar wrote:Calma, is there that much money in the world? :o

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Wish for the capability to travel through the Internet. Both to smack idiots and to visit others.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Hope I'm not one of the idiots. :lol:
Calma
Crazy Cat Lady

Location: Up the road, across the street, down the lane, and around the bend

Postby lady*of*rohan » Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:42 pm

1. I wish I could be a famous author. (I write but don't have book started yet, only sort storys and poems.)

2. Travel the world and see everything I would like. thats includes being able to go back in time.

3. Find the love of my life who shares my beliefs and values and us to live and full and wonderful life together.

hugglees
:angel: Rohy
lady*of*rohan
Ranger of the North

Postby darlajane5 » Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:42 pm

well...i would wish...

1. that the world would be rid of its ignorantly ignorant and just plain ignotrant fools. That way i wouldn't have to deal with stupid opinions based upon nothing whatsoever except bloody feelings. (wouldn't that be the day! Hell would probably freeze over too, tho. :wink: )

2. to go backpacking across Europe and to live in Italy. Ah, blessed Italy. Shall i compare thee to a summer's day? thou art more lovely...*trails off into the distance*

3. To be able to afford to go to Williams. How i wish for that amazing education! :heart: *sigh*
darlajane5
Citizen of Imladris

Postby melianndoriath » Sun Aug 14, 2005 5:03 pm

My Wishes:

1. To live a life of joy, contentment and love.

2. To share my contentment, joy, hope,and love to those I come in contact with.

3. To see my children and grandchildren whenever I want to!!

Sounds good to me. I don't think that I'm asking for too much. When can I pack my bags for a visit to see those precious grandsons???

Meli
melianndoriath
Ranger of the North

Postby Impenitent » Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:09 pm

1. I would wish for certainty that those I love will lead long, healthy, contented lives and die peaceful deaths.

2. I would wish that neither I nor my loved ones ever need live through a war or war-like situation.

3. I would wish for a political miracle such that all governments around the world suddenly realise that the resources of our planet are finite and of invaluable worth - its soil, its oceans, its air, its people, its flora and fauna - and would act with that knowledge uppermost.
Impenitent
Rider of the Mark

Postby Ugluk » Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:37 pm

1. That all wars would end, forever, and all countries would flourish with no starvation and disease.
2. Happiness
3. A trillion dollars.

8)
Ugluk
Ringbearer

Postby Klonkku » Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:51 pm

1. I would wish that it rained fisshies at least once a week. I would never have to catch them anymore - they'd literally fall in my lap!

2. I would wish for moderate wealth. Enough money to last my life-time, but not so much that I could go snobbish.

3. Eternal peace in the world :)
Klonkku
Ringbearer

Postby Thewhitetree » Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:13 pm

Ugluk wrote:1. That all wars would end, forever, and all countries would flourish with no starvation and disease.
2. Happiness
3. A trillion dollars.

8)

Good luck at the beauty pagent Ugluk. ;)

Gil about Hobbi's sig wrote:The other night I had a dream I was that bloke who wrote "The Lord of the Rings". I was Tolkien in my sleep.

I noticed that the other day too. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Thewhitetree
Mariner

Postby Hobbituk » Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:48 am

Glad it's a success. :D

Ok, given that everyone else is taking this seriously I suppose I better;

1) I'd wish that I had a pitch perfect musical ear and that ability some people have to be able to pick up any instrument and get a tune out of it

2) I'd wish that I was better at putting the pictures in my imagination into words

3) I'd wish for an end to any descrimination by anyone because of race, gender or religion.
Hobbituk
Ringbearer

Postby MouseofMordor » Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:39 am

my three wishes:

1. i wish that i had a pen that made sure everything that i wrote down would become reality. So i really wouldn't need three wishes to get whatever i wanted.

2. i wish all genies were free to do whatever they wanted for themselfves. no more captivity for genies.

3. well ir eally gave up the right for three wishes after my first, and second, but i would like to have a lollypop that would never loose it's sweet flavour and doesn't get sticky. (I can be such a sweet little child sometimes.)

For the world's sake, let's hope my first wish will never become reality cause i have a really dangerous mind.

Mouse :twisted:
MouseofMordor
Ranger of the North

Location: That place you can't reach because it is too small to get into.

Postby Cute_and_CuddlyRaccoons » Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:43 am

I would wish for:

1. A lifetime supply of fig newtons.

2. A lifetime supply of sardines.

3. A lifetime supply of fishing for crawdads in a clear, clean mountain stream, far away from the noise and mayhem of human civilization.

8)
Cute_and_CuddlyRaccoons
Rider of the Mark

Postby minyacaliel » Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:46 am

i wish all genies were free to do whatever they wanted for themselfves. no more captivity for genies.

Oh, someone has ben watching Aladdin?:P

What I would have.....
1 My writings to be good enough to get published....
2 To have love for the rest of my life...
3 Money. Let's be honest, it would ease up everyone's lives...:P
minyacaliel
Mariner

Postby elfshadow » Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:39 am

*Puts on best Miss America voice*

World peace!!!

Seriously though.

1) I would wish that people would always be respectul of each other. They don't always have to be nice, because that would be boring, just treat each other as equals. I think that would hopefully solve most of the problems that people have in this world. They just don't respect each other.

2) I wish that people wouldn't screw up the environment. No building dams to drown gorgeous canyons, no drilling for oil in Alaska, no cutting down massive amounts of trees and destroying the rainforest, no killing off animals for their pelts, ect. People will come and go, but the Earth has to stay here for the generations to come to live in and appreciate...so we'd better keep it in good shape.

3) Unlimited financial resources. Nuff said :D.
elfshadow
Ringbearer

Postby undomiel » Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:50 am

1. I'd wish for an end to disease, allergic reactions, and back and knee pain so that my husband could never complain or be sick again! :wink:

2. That my husband could become a successful astro-physicist without ever having to go to school or submit resumes.

3. That I (and my husband) weren't procrastinators anymore. It causes so many problems. :roll:
undomiel
Ranger of the North

Postby ddraigwen » Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:28 pm

Hmm if I had three wishes it would probably go something like this:

1) To be able to travel around anywhere I wanted, meeting TORCers and other wonderfull people.

2) Lock all perpetrators of hatred up in a big underwater cell and leave them there, allowing the world to get back on track

3) To have enough money to be able to set myself and all of my friends up in nice places with good schools etc so they don't have to worry. Then have an emergency fund set up so if someone really needs it the money is there
ddraigwen
Ranger of the North

Postby ~Sorcia~ » Wed Aug 17, 2005 1:25 pm

I would wish for..

1. I wish for enough money that I wouldn't have to work again. And that I could live and buy without saying... "do I have the money for this?" But if that can't happen then..

2. I wish I could work at home.

3. I wish I could eat whatever I want and not gain a pound!!!
~Sorcia~
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Asfaloths_daughter » Wed Aug 17, 2005 1:35 pm

I don't bother with wishes: I go and do.

I could wish to travel... I do and anything that is possibly do able that I would wish for I will do in my own time if I feel so inclined ^_^

Boy I sound arrogant - but for all you who 'wish to travel' or 'wish for _a bow/sword/dress/skill in any task_' take the bit between your teeth and go do it for yourself: Not everything is possible but you'll be surprised ^_^
Asfaloths_daughter
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Nadreck_of_Palain7 » Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:38 pm

I would wish for great wisdom so that I could use the other two wishes well.

I don't know what the other two would be until after I got the first.
Nadreck_of_Palain7
Ranger of the North

Postby InnocentEvil » Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:09 am

Well, I did it again :D

Start a thread, then forget I started it in the midst of busy life. I'm hopeless I guess, but I couldn't have _wished_ ;) for a better thread :D

oooooook.. after much deliberation, I wish for:

A perpetually perfect manicure and pedicure (french, please).

A backside (and frontside) that stays shapely no matter what I eat.

and last but not least, of course

WHIRRLED PEAS!

;)
InnocentEvil
Ringbearer

Postby Gunnar » Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:44 am

1. To be the biggest stock holder of the Google corporation. "Show me the moneeeeyyyy!" :lol:

2. A visit by friendly aliens, just so I can say "I told you so" to everyone I know. =:)

3. To be able to see into the past, and watch evolution unfold. So I can go to Mr. Bush and rub it in his face: "And that sir, is proof."
Gunnar
Mariner

Next

Return to Talk: The Bird and the Baby