Drieske's and Canamarth's Fashion Tips - We also do Chitchat

Just as Tolkien and the Inklings used to meet at The Bird and the Baby, come in here to converse about whatever might be on your mind. This is the place for all off-topic conversation.

Postby Canamarth » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:24 am

Back in unflattering hospital gown, with black and green squares on white. :roll: But have already managed to slip into comfy back trousers for underneath. :)

Looking for more crazy Middle-earthian fashion. Here's a modern Ms Nazgûl:

Canamarth
Ringbearer

Postby Canamarth » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:17 am

Today I'm wearing the last item from my shopping spree I haven't posted yet, plus black trousers and a black long-arm shirt underneath as it's gotten a bit cold again.
Canamarth
Ringbearer

Postby Canamarth » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:28 am

Latest "accessory" for Mirkwood elves ... or is it breakfast? :D

Canamarth
Ringbearer

Re: Drieske's and Canamarth's Fashion Tips - We also do Chit

Postby drieske » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:30 am

I'm so sorry, I don't see the fashion, I only see the CHOCOLATE!!! :yippie:

And Canamarth, I'm wearing a black layered vest today that looks a lot like the black shirt in your one-but-last post. It is lovely. Plus black trousers and boots. Going to see Skyfall tonight, so I have to look James Bond-worthy 8)
Step by step one travels far ~ in honour of J.R.R. TOLKIEN

Enjoy endearing photos, videos & thoughts in Cuteness

Chitchat with us in Drieske's and Canamarth's Fashion Tips. We know nothing about fashion, but it is fun!

Image You are most welcome at Figments of a DuTchess and Doldriest
drieske
Mariner

Postby rwhen » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:40 am

Canamarth!! How are you doing? All better now? The chocolate looks SCRUMMY YUMMY GOOD. And the photo ain't so bad either. :D

Drieske. Hey it is YOU. :D :hug:

Today I am wearing three new items. One is a SORT OF hoodie, dark gray. A pull over shirt that has a sparkly tiger on the front in shades of beige, brown and gray and NEW tennies...I am out of my KEDS for the winter. My brother tells me they look like nurses shoes...but I am not buying it. They are cool!! And as ever...Levi's over the rest. :D

Thanks for pulling this back up again Drieske... you will look sharp at the theater tonight!!

Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Time out of Mind, forever bound to my Knight Ayslhyn

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever :hug:
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby drieske » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:01 pm

Yes, it's me ;) :hug:

Well well, three new items. You have won the Miss Fashion award of the week! The sweater sounds warm and the shirt dangerous. Sparkling tigers tend to bite. The new tennis are the crown on your outfit, though they cover your feet. Hmmm, have to think on that :P Where would we be without our jeans. :lol:

Did I mention that I have a black snugly teddy bear coat? One I can really dive into and wrap close around me? I love that coat :D

Chitchat with us in Drieske's and Canamarth's Fashion Tips. We know nothing about fashion, but it is fun!

drieske
Mariner

Postby Canamarth » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:38 am

drieske wrote:Did I mention that I have a black snugly teddy bear coat? One I can really dive into and wrap close around me? I love that coat :D

You old Beorn, you. :P

I'll just pretend no time at all lapsed since my last visit, shall I?

Yes, rhwen, I am all better now, thanks for asking!

Wearing a dark blue jeans and white blouse with cross stitch patterns all over today.
Canamarth
Ringbearer

Postby drieske » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:09 pm

Not at the moment, my dear Lady, not at the moment. A flowing gown with white, green and brown was my choice for today. As in earth colors. As in Beorn. Damn :lol:
Good to see you back here, Canamarth, and I'm glad you are feeling better *hugs*
Lady Rwhen, silent smoochies for my jeans-and-sneaker Sister of the heart, whom I love so very much. Soon things will get calmer and I'll be able to write again. :rose:

drieske
Mariner

Postby Canamarth » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:52 am

That gown sounds like a good choice for this late summer, drieske. I think I'll change into one tomorrow - still out and about in the same outfit as yesterday - as temperatures are said to rise above the 30°C mark tomorrow.

So, anyone seen this collection yet? If so, what do you think?
http://blackmilkclothing.com/collections/middle-earth
Canamarth
Ringbearer

Postby rwhen » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:08 am

Canamarth, I like the collection. :D

Drieske darlin'. :hug: You know I love ya to bits. And you are right, even today i am in my jeans and white sneakers. :D A red top that you saw the first day we met. So in honor of you. *bows* :D Good to see you here!!!!!! :hug:

Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Time out of Mind, forever bound to my Knight Ayslhyn

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever :hug:
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Canamarth » Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:51 am

Ah, now some things are coming together. So I actually saw rhwen in pictures via drieske's FB account, right? Seems like you had a wonderful time!

I am in a comfy light black dress with 3/4 sleeves today as it's getting hot outside. A bit too short for my liking (knees are just covered, if there is no wind ...) but I don't have any meetings today and my office colleague is working from home today, so why bother. :)

Now tomorrow is a whole different sort of fashion day. I am invited to a fancy museum dinner, probably in the ajdoining restaurant - the most expensive one in the city! I don't think I have an 'appropriate' outfit for that one. But I figure I'll chose one of the most eccentric fashion items I own and thus state that I'm into independet designers. Or some such ... The other option would be a business suit (hey, I just came from the office) but it'll be very hot tomorrow. What to do? I see myself spending all night in our walk-in closet ...
Canamarth
Ringbearer

Postby drieske » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:55 pm

That red top was gorgeous, Rwhen, the color was made for you! I keep thinking back to our tapas dinner :drink: LOVED IT!!! As I did each and every day. <3

Canamarth, that collection is fun to look at but for me not to wear. I need to lose twenty pounds and years to wear those :P I adore the MIDDLE EARTH MAP DRESS though :D Couldn't you wear that tomorrow night? So a fancy dinner outfit. Wear something that leaves you room to breathe after you have stuffed yourself. The most expensive restaurant in town needs to feed you well. Perhaps a loose dress?

Today I was wearing jeans shorts and a soft gray-green top, with low gray sneakers. Too warm to wear anything else. The students tonight told me I looked like summer. I guess because it is ;)

drieske
Mariner

Postby Canamarth » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:29 am

Eh, yeah, same problem with the Middle-earth collection here. And it's not so much the years that bother me as the pounds ... definitely more than 20 ...

So, I went with something completely different. A sort of romantic chic. Silwen, I am wearing the dark blue blouse you gave me plus a matching long skirt with flowery embroidery, all in dark blue. Added a shiny silver ring with a black stone and a silver amulet (the one you can open) on a black satin band. It's all in the accessories. And there's definitely room for dessert in my skirt. :D
Canamarth
Ringbearer

Postby Canamarth » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:47 am

It's getting a bit colder, so I am in grey linnen trousers and a lilac long-arm blouse and wore a black hoodie on my way to work this morning. But apparently, the weather will be picking up again a bit over the weekend. Hooray! What sort of weekend fashion are you planning on wearing then?

There's been some cool fashion-items paraded in Switzerland last weekened, at the opening of the Greisinger Tolkien Museum. Was invited but couldn't make it. :angry:

More pictures: http://www.srf.ch/news/regional/graubue ... hobbitland
Canamarth
Ringbearer

Postby Canamarth » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:25 am

Gone very quiet here all of a sudden ... Where are all the fashion victims out there? :D

Wearing a relatively new acquisition today (the dress, not the hat):
Canamarth
Ringbearer

Postby Canamarth » Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:48 am

Need to go to a silver wedding anniversary tonight. But as I'm going there straight from work I opted for a plain long black blouse and dark blue trousers. Wearing a ring made of leather (see below, just without the sparkles) and a pendant, however. It's the accessories that matter. :D

Canamarth
Ringbearer

Postby Canamarth » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:06 am

Will be out on a one-week trip for fun and work. Lots of packing to do tomorrow. Need to pack clothing for all sorts of occasions, from a nightie to sth. for a cocktail party ... Not an easy task that. :roll:
Canamarth
Ringbearer

Postby Canamarth » Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:25 pm

:) Just rediscovered this little treasure. If you're interested in fashion advice by *cough* totally professional *cough* people, leave a note. But be prepared for the unexpected. :D You are also welcome to talk about your latest fashion acquisitions, plans, self-made stuff etc. Or simply what you're wearing right this moment.

Me, I am wearing a fantabulous t-shirt, dark blue with light grey print. The front has the logo of the German Tolkien Society, the back a cartoon with 'Uncle Saruman Wants You', looking for fighting Uruk-Hai. Then there's comfy burgundy trousers, sort of crinkly cotton. I'll see if I can find a picture ... Yep, just a lighter colour.

Canamarth
Ringbearer

Postby drieske » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:53 pm

Sounds like a comfortable outfit, Canamarth. Is it still alive today? Have you been wearing it for two years now? :twisted:

Today I'm dressed in a dress. That is not unusual. But what is weird, is that I'm wearing a PINK dress... :Q And those who know me, will now question my sanity. It is something we call 'zalm roze' in Dutch, so 'salmon pink'. Underneath sturdy brown leather boots and a brown legging. There you have my fashion confession.

Now it's your turn: surprise me! :D

drieske
Mariner

Previous

Return to Talk: The Bird and the Baby