Drieske's and Canamarth's Fashion Tips - We also do Chitchat

Just as Tolkien and the Inklings used to meet at The Bird and the Baby, come in here to converse about whatever might be on your mind. This is the place for all off-topic conversation.

Postby Gollum Girl » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:39 pm

Canamarth wrote:Hm, what about with opaque tights underneath the shorts ... ;)

Haha, Do you really think I haven't tried that already? ;) They don't allow that either; tights don't count as clothes. In other words, if you went to school wearing tights for pants, you'd be considered half-naked. And the tights I like to wear don't exactly match up with the "three inches below the finger tips" rule.

But I must say that Mouth of Sauron thing is a delight, what a unique style.

:D:D:D
Gollum Girl
Shield Bearer

Postby Silwen » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:00 am

Tights are the devil's work. :nono: I prefer leggings and some of them are much thinner now than they used to be too. Hm, I just remembered I need some more soon.

Here is the pic I promised: the new hat! I am very proud of it and look forward to wearing it again today.

Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby drieske » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:36 pm

This hat is YOU Silwen, it looks very nice on you. Well done :)

Interesting fashion treasure Canamarth, tomorrow I'll style my hair exactly the same... :lmbo: But I don't think it will get that high :D
(SO glad to have you back here my sweet friend.)
What was that about us singing a duet? :angel: Will you take the high or the low voice? :whistle:

No tights allowed under a dress Gollum Girl? You'd still be wearing a dress, right?

:hihi: Morwenna, the nail polish is turning into a fashion of its own it seems. Purple, orange, green, LOL

Wearing jeans skirt, white long-sleeved shirt and a gray vest. Temperatures are dropping in the Low Lands ;)
Step by step one travels far ~ in honour of J.R.R. TOLKIEN

Enjoy endearing photos, videos & thoughts in Cuteness

Chitchat with us in Drieske's and Canamarth's Fashion Tips. We know nothing about fashion, but it is fun!

Image You are most welcome at Figments of a DuTchess and Doldriest
drieske
Mariner

Postby Gollum Girl » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:46 pm

drieske wrote:
No tights allowed under a dress Gollum Girl? You'd still be wearing a dress, right?

Nope.

:P :P :P
I couldn't resist.
Gollum Girl
Shield Bearer

Postby drieske » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:52 pm

Very interesting comment, Gollum Girl :angel:

:lmbo:

Please take pictures should that ever happen. I want to see the faces of the people watching ;)

Chitchat with us in Drieske's and Canamarth's Fashion Tips. We know nothing about fashion, but it is fun!

drieske
Mariner

Postby Silwen » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:17 am

Speaking of tights and no tights under dresses, I finally bought a new pair of boring black leggings when I wear dresses and skirts in winter. It is getting colder over here too now and it is in fact snowing in Scotland. :( I don't want any snow, thank you very much. Luckily, most of this week is supposed to be sunny. :D I do like that.
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby drieske » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:19 am

Black leggings and tights are my favorite piece of clothing: combined with a black long-sleeved shirt I can still wear my summer dresses :D

drieske
Mariner

Postby Silwen » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:22 am

I see you also have a denim skirt, drieske. :D We could dress identically now! ;)

When I went out today I wore so many layers that I could barely move. :lol: I would like to buy a new coat this year, but I only bought one last year so I don't really have a good reason. Also, the shops don't have the nice coats on display and you can only get them online. What's the point if I can't try them on first?
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby drieske » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:24 am

Denim skirts are the best! ;)

Order two sizes and return one. There are no refund costs (at least not here).

drieske
Mariner

Postby Silwen » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:36 am

But why pay postage if these things ought to be in the shops int he first place? No no, I can't do that. :D

Something new that's on my shopping list: bras. The last ones I bought were the wrong size because I looked for the wrong thing. :roll:
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby drieske » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:49 am

Parking my car near the shops is as expensive as ordering clothes online. That's why Silwen :D

Bra's. Good idea. I need new ones too. Can you order double? =:)

drieske
Mariner

Postby Gollum Girl » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:38 pm

drieske wrote:Very interesting comment, Gollum Girl :angel:

Please take pictures should that ever happen. I want to see the faces of the people watching ;)

I'll be sure to do that! I'll also be sure to contact the Plant Earth News so the entire WORLD can see me naked! :roll:
Gollum Girl
Shield Bearer

Postby Calma » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:14 pm

Canamarth wrote:And hail and well met Calma. Nice to have you stopping by, even if it is only to catch up with Daefaroth. You're very welcome to settle in more permanently, though. If you like to talk about fashion from time to time, that is. I do - though I don't have the faintest clue. :D

Thank you for the warm welcome, Canamarth.
Back in the day, I was a fashion hound, though unable to afford my habit.
The '60's were my high school days and the fashions that came out of London were just to die for.
Mini-skirts were brand new and driving the school officials bonkers.
Back then I had the legs to wear them. :wink:

Sadly, time and gravity have taken their toll
And I am now content to wear slacks and a 't' shirt.
I have a few nice dresses for special occasions,
But they are not my fave things to wear
And being retired now, I have no need for them.

Enjoying my lurkdom in the thread.
Am now returning to it.

Later..

[/cloaking device]
Image My Very First LOL

Funny Animal Month in the TVM!! :D

Join the funWith The TVM

ImageCAT LOVERS GUILD :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

:yippie: MARINERS!!!!!

Let's hope for a better result next year

SOUNDERS!!!

:rose: Toni...Dannie…Ray-Ray…William...Waneta...Damon...David...Guy… rowan

Always looking for new posters for the TORC 365 PROJECT

Image Rock On!
Calma
Crazy Cat Lady

Location: Up the road, across the street, down the lane, and around the bend

Postby drieske » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:14 am

Hello Calma :) So nice to see you back in the thread.

And though 'time and gravity have taken their toll' - we need to invent a kind of local-gravity-neutralizer! ;) that weird side-effect has taken its toll on me too :roll: - I'm sure you look quite dashing in your special occasion dresses :)

Slacks and shirts are very comfortable to wear.

Today I'm in black: a Harley dress, black tights and long leg warmers rolled down. Plus short boots. And a warm vest with fake fur around my neck hehehe.

Have a great weekend, all of you!

drieske
Mariner

Postby Canamarth » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:15 am

I'm in blue leggins and a grey dress with colourful embroidery down the front.

Glad to see you back in here, Calma, though you want to get back to lurking. :nono: Let's see if we can change that. :P We also talk about our slacks and t-shirts in here, we're not settled on high fashion, you know. ;)

Apparently there's still a problem with short skirts and shorts over in US schools, as we just heard from Gollum Girl. :roll: Have you seen the 'length' of skirts for some school uniforms in the UK? It's amazing how these things differ in countries that seem to be linked by so many things on the surface. I'm happy with everyone finding their own personal comfort zone and wouldn't like to be forced one way or the other.

I just bought three bras at BHS. Which is a very funny statement in German, where bra=BH, plural BHs. :) I will also NOT carry their shopping bag around town with me over here.

About the duet, drieske, I'd have to take the alto. My soprano times are over.

The hat is totally cool and suits you so well, Silwen!

Onwards with crazy Middle-earth styles - this one for the Barrow Wight, perhaps?

Canamarth
Ringbearer

Postby Silwen » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:57 am

The barrow-wights costume isn't that bad. :D I think I prefer it to the lips from an earlier post. But only just. ;) And could I have it in magenta, please. :D

Somehow I am half dressed today. Well, maybe 3/4 dressed, in fact. I have my leggings and a jumper and socks. All I need is my denim skirt, but I haven't put it on because I can't sit crosslegged with it on. However, I lept the skirt at the ready just in case the postman rings. Of course he did not. :P

I did notice how short the skirt on UK school uniforms are. :shock: No wonder kids look like ... ehem... ladies of the night when they go out at weekends. No, I don't think I am saying this just because I am getting old or too fat to fit into something like that. :P Or am I?

BHS always reminds me of the same thing, Canamarth. :lol:
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby Canamarth » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:48 am

Black trousers and red blouse with large colourful floral embroidery down the front today. And wollen socks in brown boots as I'll be out in the snow today, shopping. I'll be keeping my eyes out on a simple black suit for work purposes - and anything else that tickles my fancy. My parents will be paying. :D
Canamarth
Ringbearer

Postby Morwenna » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:38 am

I'm ba-aack... :D

It's turtleneck season. I'm wearing a dark red ribbed one. With my black pants. Of course. ;)

Came the dressup holiday party from work, I was actually tired of wearing my short black lace dress; I've worn it to so many functions, and now that I'm heavier it keeps looking shorter. And I didn't really want to spring for a new outfit. I have a mid-calf pleated black skirt that I bought along with a silver lame' print blouse yeeeears ago, and they both still fit, but I wasn't in the mood to wear that blouse this time either. So I combined the skirt with a scoopneck pullover top (black) that I could dress up with jewelry. And it looked pretty good. :) Just goes to show, re-combining elements really does work to fluff up a wardrobe!

I need new shoes. I need new pants. I need new money. :D

Oh, and lately I've been painting my fingernails! :shock: I used to do that all the time when I was in junior high and most of high school, but in college I got away from it (and besides, the hippie era came in while I was in college), and I never really got back into it. I didn't even get around to doing them for my own wedding! But this past couple years I've been doing them for holidays, and I did them alternating red, white & blue for the 4th of July (our Independence Day, for those of you outside the US), and now I've been seeing our supervisor with multicolored nails, and I finally said Why Not!! So on Thanksgiving when we went to my brother-in-law's for dinner, I was wearing purple, so I painted them purple, and kept it on for over a week. Then there was the dressup party I mentioned, when I painted them iridescent white (since I was wearing pearls). The following week, for a friend's party, I stripped off the white and painted them gold. And in time for the Yule service at church a few days ago, I painted them alternately red, gold, green & white! :shock: People here seem to like it too. ;) Well, that'll all come off this weekend when I'll paint them all red for Christmas; hubby and I and a friend are the singers for a Christmas Eve Mass, and I figure I shouldn't be too outrageous if I'm going to be "on stage" in a church... :angel: That'll last until New Year's, when I figure out what to do next, or maybe give it a rest.
Morwenna
Ranger of the North

Postby Canamarth » Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:27 am

I think the colourful nails attuned to events, wardrobe and season sound great, Morwenna. I think I only own clear nailvarnish. Maybe I should buy a few colourful ones and see how it goes ... :)

Yesterday, while out shopping I found a suit in 10 minutes! I love it when that happens. Here's the suit, just that I bought it in black:

http://up.scene7.com/is/image/UP/product_DE?$code=67244710_80504_01&$PRODUCT_MEDIUM$
Canamarth
Ringbearer

Postby Silwen » Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:11 am

I really like the look of that jacket! Something different and stylish. Right now I am wearing trousers that look exactly like the ones in the picture. :D Good choice! :thumbsup:

Morwenna, I like the sound of your colourful nails too!

The thermometer says we have 12 degrees C today. :lol: Are you sure it is winter? The sun is peeking through right now too, though that won't last long. It's been a grey day till now. In my flat it is quite cold though, so I am wearing a hooded cape I just finished knitting a few days ago. It is very cosy and warm even though it does not suit me, unfortunately. Here are pics of it from the front, the side and the back. The pattern was a present from a friend so I knit it up within 11 days. :shock: I especially love the tassel!
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby Canamarth » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:17 pm

Oh, wow, that looks amazing. I have one of them medieval hoods which I sewed a loooong time ago and they can be so warm and cozy, it's unbelievable.

I'm in red slacks and a dark blue hoodie - not a very fitting colour combination - but I'm sitting at home, so that's fine. High time for bed.

Just wanted to let you know I did a bit of shopping recently and hope to post the pix here soon. :)
Canamarth
Ringbearer

Postby Dubatuluk » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:24 pm

Wow, I don't pop in for a while and what do I see? The Dark Lord getting a makeover and barrow wights going into fashion.

:D

HI ALL! :hihi:

I'm still dressed, unfortunately. I decided to do laundry when I got home, which requires lots of running back and forth, and since the Rohan Man went to bed way early I am committed till the end. :roll:
Dubatuluk
Ranger of the North

Postby Silwen » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:31 am

Hi everyone!

Dubs, did he do that on purpose and go to bed so he wouldn't have to help with the laundry? ;)

Canamarth, looking forward to the shopping results.

I do have new things to post, but I can't find pictures of it all! Very annoying. While sending some job applications to various places, I thought it was also high time to look for clothes fit for interviews (not that I got any positive responses yet.... ). In the end I bought a jacket, returned it because it just didn't suit me, and found another in the same shop, which looked a bit more leisurely than the first. I have not found a picture of it though. It is a textured grey colour and the lining is pink. It does not exist in my size so I bought the largest one they had and it looks ver good while open. I can button it up, but that does look very weird. :lol:

Then I got a second pair of the same trousers I bought last winter, also in a textured grey. They are almost the same as these. I still have to shorten the legs. And finally, I gave in and bought a summer top I have wanted for ages. It is made of very thin material and is made in a kimono style:

This will go very well with my denim skirt. :D Once again the neckline is too big even though I bought a smaller size. I guess I will have to do something about that or just not move very much when I wear it. :P
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby Canamarth » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:58 am

Silwen wrote: I guess I will have to do something about that or just not move very much when I wear it. :P

Those garments are the best. :D Looking nice, though, the blouse. I like Kimono-style things.

Great to see you stopping by again, Dubatuluk. I know about the laundry ... I am always the one who has to hang things up ... :roll:

Now for my shopping spree ...
I am wearing these trousers and a Chinese-style blouse from the same collection. They changed most stuff to pop-up pix so I cannot link to it directly ... Hm, let's see what I can do to get you there ...

I can get a very small picture ... Not good, though.

Tada - I tricked the system: :yippie:
Canamarth
Ringbearer

Postby Dubatuluk » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:43 am

Silwen wrote:Dubs, did he do that on purpose and go to bed so he wouldn't have to help with the laundry? ;)

No. Unless he's become an unusually good actor in the last year or so. :P

lol, Canamarth! Yeah...every now and then I get some help, unasked for, but not often.

Jeans and work shirt today. Meh. :P
Dubatuluk
Ranger of the North

Postby Canamarth » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:38 am

Red pyjama trousers and dark blue navy style hoodie today - cause I'm working from home. Can't wait to get out of the house, though to put on my new shoes - another gain from my latest shopping spree ...

Canamarth
Ringbearer

Postby Canamarth » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:56 am

My new shoes scared you, didn't they? :eye:
Canamarth
Ringbearer

Postby Dubatuluk » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:44 pm

Yep. :P

So much so I don't have anything to post about fashion right now.

:D
Dubatuluk
Ranger of the North

Postby Silverberry_Spritely » Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:42 pm

Those are some pretty funky shoes! I love the sort of "beat-down MJ" vibe, but the purple strap feels like an outside element to me, but I love the shoes with the socks. Anything with that end of the Industrial Age feel is really cool to me.
Silverberry_Spritely
Shield Bearer

Postby Canamarth » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:34 am

Thanks, Silverberry_Spritely - and welcome to the fashionista thread on TORC. :)

Though I have to admit I don't own such socks to go with the shoes - yet.

Sorry to have put you off your fashion-related posting, Dubatuluk. :P

I'm in comfy black trousers and teal-coloured cardigan as I'm working from home today.

Another item from my latest shopping spree below. Got the same blouse in dark and light blue already and just love it. Great to wear under suits and wonderfully light in the summer.

ImageImage
Canamarth
Ringbearer

PreviousNext

Return to Talk: The Bird and the Baby