Drieske's and Canamarth's Fashion Tips - We also do Chitchat

Just as Tolkien and the Inklings used to meet at The Bird and the Baby, come in here to converse about whatever might be on your mind. This is the place for all off-topic conversation.

Postby Morwenna » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:41 pm

Iron? Iron?? What is this iron??? :P

Weather can't make up its mind. Now it's warming up a little; Saturday I was too warm in that coat. But today I wore it and I'll continue to wear it because it's darker now, therefore colder, when we get out of work in the afternoon.
Morwenna
Ranger of the North

Postby Canamarth » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:13 am

Why would people yell at bathing dresses? :?

When I was still a student I didn't even own an iron. Getting old ...

In black comfy trousers and dark grey Platzangst hoodie (which I appropriated from Z - it was lying around within reach this morning) as I'm working from home today.
Canamarth
Ringbearer

Postby Silwen » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:12 pm

I don't have an iron. Mark does. :D

Really, for my clothes I seldom ever need an iron anyway, so that is a very good thing. I wouldn't want to iron my clothes every time.

It's been a busy day today for me: cleaning the flat in time for tomorrow's inspection, work, and viewing the flat next door. I like it, especially the two main rooms. The kitchen is just okay (though it has no window) and I absolutely hate the bathroom. It's not even got a shower! There is a tub with two taps and you have to attach a pipe with a shower head to it. :roll: :angry: Can't stand that. The wallpaper is falling off, but that will be redone, luckily. I was so shocked that I don't even remember where the toilet and sink were in that tiny room. But then, how much time will I really be spending there? I will be in all the other rooms instead. I am hoping to negotiate and get the rent lowered a little because it is at the top end of our budget right now. Wish me luck!

Because of the viewing, I thought I better dress smartly so I wore a v-neck jumper over a black blouse, and my lovely new grey trousers. Love them! They feel really good and the material is interesting. The fabric looks as if it were woven very finely and it is quite soft.
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby Canamarth » Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:29 am

Good for you, not needing an iron often, Silwen. I just keep finding beautiful blouses etc. that have to be ironed. :roll:

And good luck on the flat decision. Our bathroom is very shabby as well - but you're right, we don't spend much time in it, so that's ok.

I'm in the most fashionable thing you can imagine: a green hospital gown! :D
(for more news on that visit My Preciousssess here in Talk if you're interested)
Canamarth
Ringbearer

Postby Silwen » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:51 am

:shock: What have you done??? I shall have a look at the other thread in a moment.

In fashion news, I did finally manage to find one of the very last denim pencil skirts I saw ages ago in "my" shop! I went to Bristol today to see the German Christmas market (and eat lots of Bratwurst, Spanferkel, gebrannte Mandeln etc etc...), and while there I had a look at the shop there. The skirt was no longer available online so I didn't have much hope and was actually looking for a particular dress. The dress was too large and awkward, but the skirt was love at first wear. :love: It's got some stretch and feels very comfortable. It is also very warm, I realised while walking around in these mild temperatures. :shock: I love it! So glad I got it. And like normal jeans, it's also got two side pockets and two at the back - unlike most of my trousers. Very handy.

Lately, I have realised I prefer wearing dresses to trousers. How odd! I never used to wear dresses until recently.
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby Canamarth » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:41 am

I think wearing dresses comes to many women at a later age, somehow. I know lots of examples - though I'm not one of them. :)

Hm, gebrannte Mandeln sounds awesome. The food here isn't all that good ... :roll:

And I didn't do nothing!
Canamarth
Ringbearer

Postby Silwen » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:53 am

Double negative! So you did do something. :P

I found the website featuring my skirt. Now I just have to see which tops from my wardrobe go with it .
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby Canamarth » Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:00 pm

Looks great!
Canamarth
Ringbearer

Postby Silwen » Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:28 pm

Thanks! Feels fantastic too. Right now I am wearing them with black leggings, black boots and a blue jumper. I liked the skirt so much I put it on while we were shopping in Bristol instead of waiting till I got home.

Since you are asleep now, I can't share my gebrannte Mandeln with you. What a shame. :D mark doesn't like them - shocking! That means I have to eat them all by myself while they are fresh. ;)
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby Canamarth » Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:49 am

What a drag ... :)

I'm in a brand new gown now, white with little green diamonds. But at least this one has buttons down the front and isn't open at the backside ... :)
Canamarth
Ringbearer

Postby Silwen » Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:17 am

Good to know they have a change from the other kind. :D When I was in hospital for my surgery, I only had one of those that were open at the back. It was very interesting walking down the whole ward to get to the bathroom. :P

How many people are in your room? Any interesting cases?
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby Canamarth » Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:07 am

At the moment I am alone. Until this morning there was this man (I got the last place on the ward so they had to mix genders) who had a heartattack last week. His heart stopped beating for two whole minutes before the rescue unit revived him and he lay in a coma for two days. He had an operation in which they extracted a clot from his heart - and a week later the guy was as fit as nothing at all had happened! The wonders of modern medicine, I tell you. We have a bathroom in the room (which is a double) - no need to walk down the aisle. Mind you, lots of people here are not able to walk at all ...
Canamarth
Ringbearer

Postby Silwen » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:49 am

I see, you are being pampered with an en-suite room. :D Very nice (considering the circumstances). It's amazing indeed to see what doctors can do nowadays. That's why I never believe it when people so, no this is not possible. :P

As expected, I am wearing my denim skirt again today and I didn't need to wear leggings underneath because it is very mild again. I think I have never had such a warm November! The sun has been out all day and even though it is getting dark now we still have 13 degrees.

Since it is Sunday, it is my cooking day. Okay, it isn't every Sunday, but most of the time I feel like cooking somthing that takes ages. So right now there is a pot of beef stew bubbling away on the stove that will take about 3 hours to finish. :D I also just finished making a pasta salad with green asparagus, smoked salmon, basil and lime juice. I think that's enough cooking for one day.
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby Canamarth » Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:17 pm

I'm coming over! That sounds soooo good. The food here is ... I wouldn't even categorise it as food, really. :puke: I am afraid I pampered myself in this area too much - mostly buying organic and hardly ever any convenience food. It's totally incredible how tasteless the cheese here is, or the tomato. Adn the potatoes were a total desaster! :roll:

So, there are indeed downsides.
Canamarth
Ringbearer

Postby Silwen » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:48 am

I'm afraid it's all gone now. It was tasty though the pasta salad does need some sort of dressign next time. I made it the way the recipe described, but it really needs something more.

Maybe I should send a food parcel. :whistle: Are you in Frankfurt now?

In other news, my last few days at work are even more boring than before. It's weird. I had absolutely nothing to do today and they are trying to find things for me to do even though it's all a bit pointless, really. For instance, when I started here, they asked me to sort out the old hotel brochures because we don't use them and can ask for new ones. So I ordered new ones and threw the rest away - or at least put them in the recycling bin at the time. Today my colleague went through the recycling bin and got the brochures out again for me to sort back in the folders. :roll: :angry: What a waste of time.

I get to go in to work later than usual now, have a longer lunch break sometimes, and I get to go home an hour early as well. You can tell why they had to let me go.
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby drieske » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:09 am

Food? I thought it was Fashion in here? :angel: Ah good, there's the new Hospital line, presented by our dear Canamarth. *more tight hugs and well-wishes* Feel better soon sweetheart *pets the heart gently* :hug:

Food yummie, is it time for lunch yet? Working from home today and taking a break to reconnect with TORC a bit.

Wearing a ... ah who cares. Health and jobs are much more important than clothes. Though health tends to deteriorate when clothes are missing in winter ;)
Good luck on the job hunt Silwen :rose:.
Step by step one travels far ~ in honour of J.R.R. TOLKIEN

Enjoy endearing photos, videos & thoughts in Cuteness

Chitchat with us in Drieske's and Canamarth's Fashion Tips. We know nothing about fashion, but it is fun!

Image You are most welcome at Figments of a DuTchess and Doldriest
drieske
Mariner

Postby Silwen » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:40 am

Thanks, drieske!

Oh, I like your new smilies in your sig. :D Very sweet.

Earlier this week I was supposed to get a parcel from Germany and I did get a card saying the postal service had tried to deliver it to me on Monday. They also wrote they would be back the next day - but they weren't. I took two very long lunch breaks, but nobody showed up. So then I finally got the tracking number, but the report said the parcel was delivered that Monday when I only got the card. I hate when that happens. From a previous job I remembered that if the parcel is left at the post office or delivery office instead, the tracking system will still say that it was in fact delivered successfully. This mornign I went to the post office and of course the parcel was there. :roll: I am very glad I got it now because it was a gift from a friend who sent all kinds of German food to me. I wouldn't have wanted it to spoil and I would have been very sad for the friend as well had the parcel been lost.

In the way of clothing, I am still wearing my denim skirt as often as I can. :D Nothing is better than that.
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby Canamarth » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:40 am

I'm in black comfy trousers and a turquoise wolly sweater, with a warm black fur accessory on my lap (which is called Emma and is currently purring). Last day of 'taking it easy', cuddling up at home. Thanks for all the well-wishes. :hug:

Good you got the parcel, Silwen. And what a drag on the brochures! Did you at least only have to retrieve the ones from hotels who had not sent their new ones yet? All doesn't seem to make a lot of sense. :roll:
Canamarth
Ringbearer

Postby Silwen » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:55 am

Good to see you back here again! :D I was worried and tried calling yesterday.

Well, I had to sort all the brochures... regardless of whether we got new ones or not. By then I didn't care, I was only going to be there for another day, so I thought I'll just do what they want and be done with it. ;) Not my problem.

This weekend I have been extremely sleepy. Mark says I am always like that in autumn and winter, so it seems as though I need to hibernate. :shock: I don't manage to wake up properly throughout the day, which is weird. It gets better in spring. I never realised that before.

Since the evenings are cold now (the rest of the time it is still mild), I am wearing double layers to bed and even have two blankets now. Two jumpers, leggings under my PJ trousers, a thick pair of socks (unless I am too warm - then it's a thin pair of socks). I can feel my throat and nose drying out from the cold at night though, which is a bit dangerous and exactly what makes me catch colds. So I have to be careful from now on.
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby Canamarth » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:53 am

Hm, I can't sleep with socks. That way my feet never get warm. If it's really bad I'll use a hot water bottle - or stick them underneath Lissa who usually sleeps on top of my calves somewhere. She currently has her head on my foot and dreams of something exciting the way she twitches. :)

Thanks for the call and sorry I didn't see/hear it. May have been sleeping at the time. Your winter tiredness sounds like me on these pills, really. Usually I am a winter person. Hope you'll keep warm, Silwen! :hug:
Canamarth
Ringbearer

Postby Silwen » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:07 am

Canamarth wrote:Hope you'll keep warm, Silwen! :hug:

I will do my best. This evening Mark and I will meet at the Christmas market after work. The market opens today and I am so glad it isn't as freezing cold as it was the last few years! This time it will be more comfortable.

In the afternoon I will be going swimming with a friend so I get a chnace to wear my swimsuit again, knotted straps and all. :P Once the knots were in, I couldn't undo them again! Somehow, with the help of knitting needles, I managed to loosen them at least a tiny bit because the armholes were too small before.
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby Canamarth » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:45 am

What a stroppy swimsuit ... :nono:

I'm in a long blue linnen dress with embroidered borders around the neck and sleeves, looking a bit medieval. Wearing blue woollen socks over the tights as soon as I'm heading outside. Not totally fashionable that, but better than cold feet.

Which band are you talking about, marriey12? "drieske & Canamarth"? I'd certainly like to hear the two of us perform together ... :rofl:
Canamarth
Ringbearer

Postby Daefaroth » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:58 am

marriey12 was a spam bot and the post has been removed.
- - - - - Welcome to TORC - - - - -

- There are helpful Announcements at the top of most forums. Please read them.
- Need more help? Check the Adoption Forum.
- Premiere Membership helps support TORC.
Aspire not to rapid, large postcounts, for this only enhances the taste of a spammer,
when roasted with the Breath of Death and served with "Blair’s 16 Million Reserve" sauce.

Enjoy your visits. Remember to mind your manners.

Daefaroth *at* theonering -dot- com -OR- moderators *at* theonering -dot- com
Daefaroth
The Shadow Hunter

Postby Calma » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:09 am

I don't know why, but I love to see a post from Daefaroth.
I really shouldn't, after all he is a fierce dragon and mod,
But each time I see that cute and cuddly baby picture
I just have to smile.

Hope all is well in mod-land, old Toothy One.

Keep up the good work.

*we now return you to your regular postings...*

Calma and Her Babyman June 25, 1977

After All These Years.... Still Dancin' :D

Join the funWith The TVM

CAT LOVERS GUILD Image :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

:yippie: MARINERS!!!!!

WINS: 30 :D

LOSSES: 30 :P

SOUNDERS!!!

Toni...Dannie…Ray-Ray…William...Waneta...Damon...David...Guy… rowan Image

Always looking for new posters for the TORC 365 PROJECT

Image ROCK ON!!!
Calma
Crazy Cat Lady

Location: Up the road, across the street, down the lane, and around the bend

Postby Silwen » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:36 am

Earlier today I saw two lovely red dresses that I would love to have. I think I will wait till they are in a sale though because I don't desperately need them. I only want them cause they're nice. :D

I am in pyjamas again now after having been shopping for groceries. No need to get dressed while home in the evening. :P
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby Morwenna » Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:01 pm

Good to hear you're back, Canamarth!

Clothes: it's been chilly, definitely seasonal, and I've been wearing tee shirts under my shirts to work (more for the office than the outdoors, believe it or not). Black slacks, and whatever clean shirt strikes my fancy that day: crewnecks, vee necks, turtlenecks. Right now it's that green shirt with the spangled appliqued leaves. And purple nail polish. :D Yesterday I wore a purple turtleneck to my brother-in-law's for Thanksgiving dinner, and I made myself up a little, and I didn't bother to strip the polish. Hey, why not!! If my supervisor can come to work with 6 green nails, 2 orange ones, and a yellow and a purple thumbnail...!! :P
Morwenna
Ranger of the North

Postby Canamarth » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:57 am

Your supervisor definitely has some interesting nails, Morwenna! :shock: I've heard about stripes and the odd ornamental stone on nails - but a different colour for almost every finger ... Is it some sort of code, do you think? :D

I'm in black trousers and my current favourite lilac tunic - which has short sleeves but you can always wear a black long-sleeve shirt underneath. :) It's also gotten a lot colder over here so that I can wear my dark blue cloak again.

marriey12 was a spam bot and the post has been removed.

What a shame, Daefaroth. She made me laugh.
Thanks for keeping an eye out for us!

And hail and well met Calma. Nice to have you stopping by, even if it is only to catch up with Daefaroth. You're very welcome to settle in more permanently, though. If you like to talk about fashion from time to time, that is. I do - though I don't have the faintest clue. :D
Canamarth
Ringbearer

Postby Gollum Girl » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:50 pm

Morwenna wrote:Good to hear you're back, Canamarth!

Clothes: it's been chilly, definitely seasonal, and I've been wearing tee shirts under my shirts to work (more for the office than the outdoors, believe it or not). Black slacks, and whatever clean shirt strikes my fancy that day: crewnecks, vee necks, turtlenecks. Right now it's that green shirt with the spangled appliqued leaves. And purple nail polish. :D

Haha, I love the nails, sounds classy. :D Which reminds me I need to do mine sometime soon. As for dealing with the cold, I'm really just throwing over a brown furry coat over the clothes I've worn for the summer. :roll: It's really not all that cold over where I am yet; it was in the 60's yesterday and today it's in the 70's. :P

I'm wearing my black yoga pants to school almost every day because I can't stand blue jeans and the dress code there doesn't allow us to wear shorts. :P Hehe, maybe its for the best, but I just love me some shorts. I would wear them all year every year if I could.
Last edited by Gollum Girl on Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gollum Girl
Shield Bearer

Postby Canamarth » Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:48 am

Hm, what about with opaque tights underneath the shorts ... ;)

I like the sound of yoga pants. Do you actually do yoga? I exercise 2-3 times a week, usually, doing Kundalini yoga. :)

Oh, and I recently stumbled over something that made me think of the Mouth of Sauron ... Could be a new, more artsy style for him. :D

Canamarth
Ringbearer

Postby Silwen » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:57 am

:shock: From the Lidless Eye to He Who Wears His Lips on his Head. :shock:

I mentioned that I was knitting a hat for the winter and it turned out that it looked horrible on me, just like a shower cap! *shudder* So I sat down to knit a different one with some white yarn I had here that was actually for something else entirely. It turns out that hat was much too tight. :roll: So while I was out in town yesterday, I bought some variegated greyish/bluish bulky yarn to make that had with yet again. And it worked the first time! Yay! So now I have the perfect had (I have already worn it today) and I love it. :D I tool some pics that I will have to link to later on. At the moment they are still on my camera. Here is the pattern with pictures from the designer.
Silwen
Ringbearer

PreviousNext

Return to Talk: The Bird and the Baby