Drieske's and Canamarth's Fashion Tips - We also do Chitchat

Just as Tolkien and the Inklings used to meet at The Bird and the Baby, come in here to converse about whatever might be on your mind. This is the place for all off-topic conversation.

Postby GwenElf » Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:48 pm

Silwen wrote:A nighty is like a dress, PJs have bottoms and a top.

Oh... yeah.. guess that distinction exists here, too. I sleep in a very large t-shirt, so... :P

A little bit of blue in everything they do... innnnteresting. My Latin professor puts coffee in everything he does. :whistle:
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby Ugluk » Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:11 pm

GwenElf wrote:Apparently you haven't suffered enough, then.

I hate you.

And it's not nice to make fun of disabled people who are on medication. :nono:
Last edited by Ugluk on Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ugluk
Ringbearer

Postby GwenElf » Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:54 pm

Just want to make sure you realize I'm teasing you about your spelling of "write" there at the end.

*huggles for Ugluk and his medicationyness* Perhaps hospital gowns are the next fashion rage?!?
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby Ugluk » Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:57 pm

GwenElf wrote:Just want to make sure you realize I'm teasing you about your spelling of "write" there at the end.

*huggles for Ugluk and his medicationyness* Perhaps hospital gowns are the next fashion rage?!?

:P

I know.

Well they are rather skimpy. When I was wearing mine, it showed off plenty of my muscular, well-sculpted (and very hairy) legs....so it very well might.

Black hospital gowns. that's what we should invent. None of this white with blue flowers stuff that you see everywhere.
Ugluk
Ringbearer

Postby drieske » Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:00 pm

This sounds like a regular PJ-party ;) Came home from dinner and changed into something more comfortable, now watching Beverly Hills Cop :P My boys often have "pyjamadays" during the weekend, playing games and not having to do anything, and I sometimes join them in that too :D
Was dressed in a short skirt, black tunic, tights and black boots. Is that what my kids call "emo"?

Good luck on the grad school application deadline GwenElf :)

Silwen, I'm so glad you like Beth Hart, she sings with her heart! And autumnal colours :thumbsup:

Hate is a strong emotion, not worth having after a simple sentence Ugluk. Perhaps she was only trying to help you get into the right writing mood? ;) *hugs* hope you feel better. And reading about your suggestion for black hospital gowns, I think you do :D
drieske
Mariner

Postby Ugluk » Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:03 pm

drieske wrote:Hate is a strong emotion, not worth having after a simple sentence Ugluk.

I could have added a wink after that, but once I'm closing in on 14,000 posts I tend to assume most people know that much of what I say is tongue-in-cheek. :D
Ugluk
Ringbearer

Postby drieske » Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:05 pm

Well, I just came back to the boards after years of absence, so simply not used to your way of writing... yet! :P
And a wink would have comforted me indeed hehehe.
drieske
Mariner

Postby Ugluk » Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:19 pm

Well, Sil and I have m00ted together. I have seen her practice her ninja arts, I have watched her affinity for eating Goldfish crackers with chopsticks, I have viewed her drawing-book of fictional characters. What's a little hatred between friends?
Ugluk
Ringbearer

Postby Dubatuluk » Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:45 pm

Well! Look what happens in a day and a half! Yeesh! Anyway, yes they are very huggy hippy hip huggers. In fact, if they were a quarter size larger they'd be more comfy at the end of the day, but I'm not complaining too much! :D I can wear them, that's what counts right now. :P

I have various numbers of pygama sets and pieces of pygama sets that don't get used much other than to lounge in at the end of the day. I spent nearly my entire pregnancy wearing them so I figure I need to make up for the time I was unable to wear jeans of any type. :lol: :D :P

I agree Ugluk! Black hospital gowns would be super! I'd have loved that when I was in the hospital most of the summer. That's why I wore my black PJ pants most of the time. The nurses couldn't figure out why I didn't want to wear the hospital gowns for some reason. :roll:
Dubatuluk
Ranger of the North

Postby GwenElf » Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:14 am

Ugluk wrote:Well, Sil and I have m00ted together. I have seen her practice her ninja arts, I have watched her affinity for eating Goldfish crackers with chopsticks, I have viewed her drawing-book of fictional characters. What's a little hatred between friends?

*ninjas Ugluk* Image Bwaaahahaha!

Duba-- Now why would anyone not want to wear the hospital gown?!?! Inconceivable! :shock:

Thanks, drieske! Right now I need all the luck I can get on the silly things. :P And I think it's only "emo" if you have really tight jeans and hair that hangs over half of your face.. :roll:

Oh, and feel free to call me "Sil," and join the ranks of people who can't figure out how you get that out of "GwenElf." =:)
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby Ugluk » Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:51 am

Perhaps we should start a line of fashionable hospital clothes. I'm sure there would be a very high demand for them. People need to preserve their dignity, even while they're sick.
Ugluk
Ringbearer

Postby The,real,Maeglin » Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:33 am

And i am sure i can come up with some "fashionable"nurse outfits :P
The,real,Maeglin
Ringbearer

Postby drieske » Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:11 am

Haha Maeglin, I'm sure you could too! :lol: Although somehow I'm also positive they won't be much bigger than the regular hospital-gowns :P *grins and hugs Maeg*

Comfortable clothes are great Dubatuluk, cosy, soft and warm, especially when you're not feeling too good :) Has your child been born yet? I couldn't figure it out by what you wrote, silly me.

How about high heels? Who wears them? And who can walk on them? I have high heels somewhere in my bedroom, thrown with great force to the back of my wardrobe. They are only 'sitting' shoes and I think I wear them once every 2 years. I need boots I can run on if needed haha, not balancing and breaking my neck :blush:

GwenElf, I should call you Sil. And Silwen, I should call you Sil perhaps too? :whistle: This can lead to interesting mix-ups :lmbo:

Sil (as in GwenElf), tell me more about those ninja arts and chopstick-talents please, I love martial arts! How close by did Ugluk experience that Ninja-stuff? ;)

My hair isn't long enough to fall over my face, hurrah, guess I'm emo-free.

So another quest will be to create dignified but attractive hospital-clothes. Canamarth, we shall have to quit our jobs to get this thing on a roll :horse:
Last edited by drieske on Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
drieske
Mariner

Postby GwenElf » Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:29 am

I don't do high heels. I have boots that have big thick heels, but that's about it. I can't walk in heels and a lot of times I just don't think they're attractive, so I don't bother. It's pretty funny.. I'm studying abroad in Italy right now, and I see a lot of Italian women wearing heels in the Forum, with its uneven pavement, etc... looks like a hazard to me. :P

I watched a 28-year-old male classmate explain to one of my female friends how to walk gracefully in heels.. it was pretty hilarious. :rofl:

Drieske-- I've taken three semesters of Kung Fu from a professor at my uni who's in charge of the KF club there. So... not a lot of experience, but I really enjoy it. :) When we m00ted last year, I was trying to teach Elsha and Luthy... something. Don't even remember what. Anyhow, Ugluk was watching, terrified, no doubt, by my mad ninja skillz. =:)
As for chopsticks.. I'm just a big fan of Asian food and carry chopsticks in my purse, which led to my eating Goldfish crackers with them. :D
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby drieske » Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:28 am

A man teaching women how to walk gracefully in heels... *bursts out laughing* that must have been very funny indeed! Was he wearing them himself by any chance? Or making the right elegant moves, swaying his hips while walking on eggs? Hihi, would have loved to witness that too!! :roflmbo:

But I do admire the ability some women have to walk in high heels like they were barefooted (which will be difficult for them because perhaps their calf-muscles have grown too short). I used to go jogging with a friend of mine, and the first time she showed up in pumps! :shock: Really! After I revived from my laughing fit she explained to me she couldn't wear flat sneakers, because of her muscles. Whow...

Great that Kung fu Sil really :D Have practised Shotokan karate myself for years and years, but alas can't anymore due to severse disc problems. That's also a reason I can't wear high heels: within 5 minutes my back will protest... loudly! :club:

Asian food :love: chop-sticks however do the weirdest things in my hands, except grabbing a bite :wink:
drieske
Mariner

Postby Silwen » Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:44 am

There are so many pretty high heels, but I just can't walk in them (I don't have the feet for the them anyway, I think, and not the body either). I can't even stand in them for long for that matter. I used to have lovely chic shoes with thick high heels, so I couldn't trip, but still it hurt my feet to stand in them. I think I gave them away at some point - or they are still somewhere around here.

*wears grey PJs today*
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby Dubatuluk » Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:12 pm

:rotfl: Sil! I know! Really! Those things are just the height of fashion. :P

People need to preserve their dignity, even while they're sick

I agree heartily! The people at the hospital don't realize this, however. If people weren't showing off their patooties they'd probably get better faster. :roll:

Drieske~ My daughter's almost two. :D It just took me nearly all those two years to lose the thirty or so pounds I gained during the pregnancy and I really enjoy wearing jeans, especially these since I've had them since I was four months along. :P

I like how SOME high heels look, not most of the ones that are in fashion now. I only wear them on occasion because I cannot stand the way my feet feel afterwards. I mostly wear just boots. Cowboy, biker, work, Musketeer- you name it, I wear it. :P

As for guys and high heels, Check this out!

That's from the drag show the incoming freshman (my class) of our college did a few years ago. This guy was already about six foot three then he put those shoes on. :P And they were his too! :shock:
Dubatuluk
Ranger of the North

Postby drieske » Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:06 pm

*dressed in silver pj's* fancy huh?! :D Got them from my mom ;)

Hmmm if we don't wear high heels, then who the heck does? Or is it a special trait in TORC-ladies? Might have to look into this too :roll:

Dubatuluk, you've got to admit: that guy is not afraid to stick out his neck! And shoulders! Hopefully another one doesn't stick out his foot either, or he will go down like a giant 8)

Isn't it possible that hospital-gowns are made like this on purpose, so patients want to get out of there as soon as possible?

Drieske~ My daughter's almost two

She must be adorable at that age oooow :D

My sons are 16 and 13, and ofcourse are "too adult" to sit on my lap. But sometimes I just grab them and fight a bit to have them close ;)
drieske
Mariner

Postby rowanberry » Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:09 am

My daughters are 17 and 15, and occasionally still want to sit on my lap. Although the older one prefers her boyfriend's lap, of course. :D

But, FYI: A yellow terry towel is The Ultimate TORC Piece of Fashion. :P

At least when Tooks or nl gets to dress a male.
rowanberry
+++Out Of Cheese Error+++

Postby Canamarth » Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:25 am

Alright, alright, drieske. Back from the weekend. I’ll try and help with all the requests. Never thought it would get this busy. :shock: Hail and well met, all youse fashion victims. =:)

I’ll start out with a bold statement about my clothes today: black trousers, half-boots with high heels (there’s at least one TORCer who occasionally wears them). Let’s see *office gymnastics*, the heels are 6 cm high. Then there’s a blouse with an awful rhombus pattern (white, black, blue, violet), which looks, as I said, awful, but strangely enough really suits me. Go figure… And over that I wear a dark blue corduroy blazer.

And I also usually go half black these days. Cause I got a job now. ;) Oh, and my hair does hang in my face when the wind tousles it, though it’s only millimeters at the back. Go figure. :)

Yellow terry towel… Can’t say I’d recommend that for any but the summer types, rowanberry. And yeah, you have me confused. :?

Hospital gowns are a boring white in Germany. But I guess that beats strange flower patterns…

GwenElf – may I call you that as well – or I’ll certainly get confused with Silwen Sil? Chop-sticks are one great accessory. A must-have this winter! I recommend this outfit to match. :D

I can picture those outfits well enough, Maeglin. :D Thanks for making me laugh out loud. :hug: And glad you liked my suggestion.

How about this one then, Silwen? Glad to see in you here.

Elf-maiden, as drieske said, we’ve been out of the loop for a while, and even while we were still here our paths might not necessarily have had to cross. Gondorian, huh? More the dressy kind of stuff or something practical?

Tookish_Traveller, your wardrobe looks fun. Ever found a shirt with Middle-earthy patterns?

I would love to be able to sew my own clothes, Jiyadan. Managed one easy Viking dress (with nice dragon embroidery at the sleeves, though) so far and my cloak – even easier that.
Last edited by Canamarth on Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
Canamarth
Ringbearer

Postby Canamarth » Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:11 am

If anyone is interested in airing his or her archery outfit:

There's a friendly little archery competition open for everyone at The Merry Bowmen of Dale.

(easy-going, low-maintenance RP style)
You're all most heartily invited!
Mistress Archer of Dale
Canamarth
Ringbearer

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:20 am

rowanberry wrote:My daughters are 17 and 15, and occasionally still want to sit on my lap. Although the older one prefers her boyfriend's lap, of course. :D

But, FYI: A yellow terry towel is The Ultimate TORC Piece of Fashion. :P

At least when Tooks or nl gets to dress a male.

Hey. I read that!!!

:)

Tookish_Traveller, your wardrobe looks fun. Ever found a shirt with Middle-earthy patterns?

Can't say that I have, but now that gives me something to look for. :D:D:D
The magical land under the Sea!!!! ?????

;)

---------------------------------

Watch my (low budget) movie
here!!!

For more fun, watch this video! ->

Star Trek meets Monty Python!!
Tookish_Traveler
Party-monger

Postby Canamarth » Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:05 am

Canamarth
Ringbearer

Postby Silwen » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:39 am

drools over the new dress

That, Canamarth, is just the thing! :love: Right now I am watching the LOTR extended DVDs again, so I will keep an eye on the fashion for a change. Maybe I'll discover something I hadn't yet noticed.
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby drieske » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:46 am

The Ugluk Quest "Blacker than black" is fulfilled! :angel:

Pfew, soooo glad you dropped in again Canamarth, thanks for your much needed artistic talents! :hug:

Beautiful clothing btw, gorgeous dresses :love:
drieske
Mariner

Postby GwenElf » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:19 am

Canamarth-- Sure, GwenElf is fine! Wouldn't want to get confused with all the Sils floating around. :D

Today I'm wearing a shirt I made... let's see if I can find a picture of it... aha! Here is is. Awful picture of me, but there ya go.

...oh yeah, I'm in the middle. :P In other situations, though, I might very well be one of the cosplayers! :D

Love that Rivendell dress!! :love:
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby drieske » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:25 am

Sil-GE :wink:, my son started jumping around shouting "Naruto!!!" when he saw your picture. Do the costumes have to do with that anime?
drieske
Mariner

Postby Dubatuluk » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:44 am

*SQUEE!*

:shock:

I love that site! I must utilise this for my handfasting! :D :D :D

Oh yes, she's absotlutely...fantastic...at this..age now...yeah. :P Actually she could be worse, she really could.
Dubatuluk
Ranger of the North

Postby GwenElf » Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:06 pm

Drieske-- Yes, those are two Naruto characters. I have no idea why they were cosplaying in the front of Buckingham Palace, but there you have it! :D

Does your son like Avatar, by chance?
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby Jiyadan » Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:44 pm

:D
Jiyadan
Ranger of the North

PreviousNext

Return to Talk: The Bird and the Baby