The Expected Party 2!!! OOC

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

Re: The Expected Party 2!!! OOC

Postby rwhen » Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:46 am

Okay....here it is Friday and yes a day off. In a few hours I am headed to pickup prescriptions and a few other grocery items, then back for a double batch cooking day before the weather turns hot again. Geli is off (soon) for two weeks, Quill is off and down in FL.....so I don't feel the pressure to get the post completed, but it is bothering me that it is all in my head exactly where it is going and I need to get it out for better sleep. :P I work closing tomorrow and opening Sunday, next day off is Monday and that is the best bet for a post up.

Trust me....and I don't say that lightly....there WILL be a post and it will be such that both Geli and Quill can write off of. For WC....Arth, not sure if he is still interested or not. But that is the beauty of this RP....people can come and go at will. (though I hope they mostly stay and I would be thrilled if our Tyggies and Gwennie came back again)!! I'll try to find an email for both and see what I can do.

Hang in there and Frelga/Quill enjoy your time off. :)
Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!oldtoby!Cock Robin(CR)!Prim!Calma! I will never ever forget you.

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Yes Ayslhyn, I do still remember.

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby GwenElf » Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:28 pm

Oh my gosh, I never thought I'd see this resurrected! Thank you, rwhen, for emailing me! (It went into my spam, but I got it anyway.)

Wow, Aramir. So much nostalgia and sixteen-year-old-writer OC-creation embarrassment there! XD And I don't remember a single thing about Falastor, but I just reread his bio and he sounds like fun. Apparently I was a lot funnier in 2013. :D

I'm going to need some time to reread all those pages of RP, and then I'll see what I can do! I'm actively working on a novel right now, but I'd love to get back into this if I can.
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby Frelga » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:14 pm

* crashtacklehug * Sil! How's life treating you? So glad to see you!

You know I have a weak spot for Ar, ever since he has appeared shirtless at that wedding. ;) And Falastor was fun, too.
Impressive. Every word in that sentence was wrong.
Luke Skywalker, The Last Jedi
Frelga
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby rwhen » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:34 am

*see's Frelga on top of Sil and jumps on the pile* :D

Sil!!! I hear ya. Fionavar was developed from the mind of a person advancing in life who never ever thought to write in this sort of format. I wrote poems and songs, but RP?????? And I have fantasized about writing a book...but hey I don't have your talent. True. I was gone for over five years from this lovely thread and well...from TORC entirely. I had to check in on Fiona and the group only to find CR and Sidd the only folks posting after the tornado.

You can read the whole RP, but I think the last few pages will trigger that ol' memory and Aramir will pop right on up. He is such a rich and well written character. Also I want to know more of Falastor, he had only a few posts before I left.

I can't believe you got that mail from yesterday. I literally sent it thinking it was going into the jaws of infinity never to be read...and it basically did. I am thrilled that you actually got it. Now to try and rouse Tyggies. ANYONE HAVE AN EMAIL FOR HER??????? She doesn't have one listed here on TORC. I checked my past emails and couldn't find anything either. I have an old address for her and I hear she is on Facebook.....another place I dropped many moons ago.

Enough yakking so I am filling in an outline for a new start up post, should be up fairly soon...early next week. A new member to the party is on vacation at the moment and Frela lady is off for a few weeks her ownself....so there is time.

Geli???? Ar shirtless? *faints*

I am actually getting a bit excited now....though I also grieve the passing of CR. His unique voice will be missed. I know he would want us to shoulder on and so we will.

:grouphug:

UPDATE: I left a message on FB for her just now asking her to at the least check in on the OOC. NOW to find one other....hmmmmm.

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!oldtoby!Cock Robin(CR)!Prim!Calma! I will never ever forget you.

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby ~Fionavar~ » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:04 am

I would like to see Aramir without a shirt too.....did I just say that out loud???
~Fionavar~
Shield Bearer

Postby rwhen » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:42 pm

Update: I messaged Tyggies....waiting for a reply and I think I found Eari on FB....I did a friend request.

*momma hen trying to round up all her chicks*

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Quimrill_Renctar » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:20 pm

Back from vacation! Please, still do take you time though. No need to rush. Plenty to keep me busy irl. School is starting up in a week and a half and my classroom desperately needs some TLC!
Quimrill_Renctar
Ranger of the North

Location: A little patch of paradise I like to call... the backside of nowhere

Postby rwhen » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:59 am

Are you a teacher Quill? My SiL is on her last year before retirement....and for decades my brother has had to buy a whole office supply store for her. They have huge printers at the house just for her classes. I guess the school's don't provide much any more. :( Glad to have you home. Tell us about Harry Potter World. :D

I got a reply from Tygara and indeed she is just starting a several months long aggressive chemo/radiation treatment protocol. Let's all think lovely prayers and thoughts for her. She did say that after that or when she could she would do her best to post....I would just love to see her on the OOC. I also let her know that I am going to send Kitty and Daniel off to tie up family matters for a bit, rather than just write her out.

I also have a great lead for Eari. I will let you know how that turns out.

For the muse....I am rapping on her head at the moment trying to tie this first post all together. That is why I have been trying to reach people to see what I should do with their charries and if they will or will not return at some point. Not an easy feat. But like I said....it is outlined and about half fleshed out. Patience is its own reward, someone somewhere said. ;)

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Frelga » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:00 pm

Oh gosh, I didn't know Tygara was going through that! All the thoughts and wishes are going her way.
Frelga
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby rwhen » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:48 am

Second update. I didn't hear from Eari directly, but through heliona and Vanaladiel.....I hear she has a small child and is expecting another.....I won't give an answer yet as to if she will want to continue, but it may be that her time is and will be limited for posting. I'll let you know.

I am thinking for now, I will write Laesha and her huge elf friend as off to teach Laesha more of his Lore....if that makes sense.

Again, tough to get my silly brain around at this point, but I don't want to leave charries just hanging out there.

*sends love and prayers to Tyggies* We are with you little one!! :hug:

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Quimrill_Renctar » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:57 am

Sounds like the gears are grinding into motion. Can’t wait to see how things get started again.

Rwhen, I am a teacher. I teach middle school math’s, sciences, technology, and Bible (because I teach in a small Christian school). Keeps me pretty busy, but its also super fun as well. I wouldn’t exactly say I love it so much I don’t work a day in my life, but it certianly has its moments.

So... Harry Potter land was pretty awesome. We had breakfast at the Three Broomsticks one day and then lunch at the Leaky Cauldron. They have two locations: Hogsmead and Diagon (?) Alley. These are actually in two separate park and you can take the Hogwarts Express to jump between them. Way too much to share. There is the Bank and various stores mentioned int he books. There are four major roles coaster style rides that are themed within the two zones, including one that just opened in June (I think). The line for which was ridiculously long (I’m talking like 3 hour wait time minimum, unless you got there obscenely early in the morning).

Ummmm.... frozen butterbear carts all over. Wands for sale, which pared with spots all around the two zones. You could actually take your wand and swish it about and cause things to happen at various placed. For example: turning on water fountains, opening windows, making things behind windows move and various silly effects. We did not get any wands, but I did get some wizzarding money to add to my coin collection (silly I know, but kinda fun).

Yeah. Pretty cool! Deffinitly worth the pilgramige if you are a die hard Harry Potter fan. Lots of kids and even several adults wandering about in robes and house ties swishing thier wands about.

Anyway, I will try and be ready to get writing when the “post” drops, but don’t be surprised if I’m not “on it” same day. All the aforementioned excuses, blah blah blah.

~Quill
Quimrill_Renctar
Ranger of the North

Postby rwhen » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:33 pm

Another update. I finally got a friend acceptance on Facebook from Eari! :D And she is on holiday with bad internet. I have asked, begged, her to at least check in on this OOC when she returns to get an idea of how she feels about Laesha and her big 'ol elf dude. She can tell us if there is no further interest or she just simply doesn't have the time any longer to put into an RP. Or best scenario would love to continue. Can't wait to hear from you Eari.

That is all the folks I can think of to try and round up. I will write for Robin and the Eagle, Kitty and Daniel and if need be Laesha and Eilathen. Then post as Fionavar "in current time"...bringing in Aramir, Falastor, Geli and Neil. If someone shows up after that, we can easily work them in.

I think rwhen will write first for CR, Tyggies and Eari. Fionavar will write the rest. Just to avoid confusion.

Does that make sense to everyone? Good, because it daunts the poochies (<---remembering Calma) out of me. But those who know me know I am up to the task. I just need the time to do it all.

Soon my friends, soon.

Edited:

Quill. Your trip sounds amazing!! Very cool that you got to see and do what you did, notwithstanding the long lines for the rides. Still seeing the movies/books come to life in front of your eyeballs. How sweet is that. I will never make it to Florida...but I think they also have one at the Universal Studios in California. That is more likely if I ever make it at all. Amusement parks is a bit beyond my physical capabilities. (meaning all the walking). Thanks for the update. Glad to have you home safe again.

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby rwhen » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:51 am

Maybe now it is understandable why this post took so long. It was hard for me to write posthumously for CR. I didn't want to say goodbye and putting it all into words has made this day a gloomy one.

Now...it is time to move forward.

Quill if you would like to offer a post, that is fine with me. Either way I will be writing soon as Fionavar.

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Quimrill_Renctar » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:42 pm

Good stuff, Rwhen. You have actually made things a lot simpler for me potentially... or more complicated, can’t quite tell which.

In the Mithril knights CR was rping with his great bird as well. I was having to contemplate the same grim responsibility of having to possibly write an ending for his characters. At least now I know that the eagle survives to go into the West! Not sure about Brongast... I sure hope so. Though if nobody comes back to post on that thread it will be a moot point.

I will probably not have time to write anything until Saturday morning at the earliest. If the bug has you, write on!
Quimrill_Renctar
Ranger of the North

Postby Frelga » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:16 am

I have returned from my travels.

Rwhen, thank you for giving out friend this beautiful send-off into the West.

I have the Grown Kid in the house for a few days. He'll be away for the weekend, so I'll see if I can get Geli to keep me company instead.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Frelga
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby earendil81 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:34 pm

Ah do not write Laesha and Eilathen off yet.

I am back from a 2 week vacation with little to no internet.

Yes, thanks to medical progress I have now a little boy and a second one on the way; will be surrounded by men by Xmas. Should be fun.

I will try and post though like Frelgalady, it might be limited to once a week.
Eilathen is never too far in my mind and in fact is already reacting to your lovely post for CR and Gwaeryn’s departure.
Laesha may be a bit harder to conjure because she is the young girl I never was in many ways :P.

Thank you for bringing us back together.
Never forgetting those who have passed into the West :rose:

Sharing a story with Rholarowyn: Once There Were Words

Laesha is taking her first steps in the RP world with Eilathen and a bunch of great characters in The Expected Party
Fan of Redemption: the Reckoning

Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you
I have been changed for good.

It's funny how some distance
Makes everything seem small
And the fears that once controlled me
Can't get to me at all
It's time to see what I can do
To test the limits and break through
No right, no wrong, no rules for me
I'm free
earendil81
In Love & Light

Postby Frelga » Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:34 pm

Eari! Congratulations on your little men! I'm so thrilled for you!

And also very excited at the idea of you posting here.
Frelga
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby earendil81 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:31 am

Well 2 weeks have gone by.
Recurring headaches have prevented me from writing as much as I would have liked.
Waiting for the MRI (Wednesday) but hopefully will be able to write ;-)
Never forgetting those who have passed into the West :rose:

Sharing a story with Rholarowyn: Once There Were Words

Laesha is taking her first steps in the RP world with Eilathen and a bunch of great characters in The Expected Party
Fan of Redemption: the Reckoning

Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you
I have been changed for good.

It's funny how some distance
Makes everything seem small
And the fears that once controlled me
Can't get to me at all
It's time to see what I can do
To test the limits and break through
No right, no wrong, no rules for me
I'm free
earendil81
In Love & Light

Postby rwhen » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:02 pm

Argh!!! How did I miss these posts!?!?! I have to look down the page more often. Geeze!!

Eari, I am beyond happy that your two lovely charries won't be written off. I had in mind to just put you "out for a bit" training or some sort until you could return. But posting when you can with a reply to the departure and our eventual start up again of the journey is a bonus I couldn't have hoped for with your PG and your headaches. I promise not to bug you any more chasing you about the net. ;) But I am glad that I was able to catch up with you friend.

Now if Gwennie would come on back, we could be a team again...and we will shoulder on regardless. I did hear from Tygarya. She is undergoing cancer treatment at the moment, so I am not going to write her out, but just off to visit family so that will leave it open for her to return any time she wants to or is able to. Tyggies, our hearts and prayers are with you darlin'. :hug:

Frelga lady, are you thinking of something to post up or waiting for me???

Quill, I guess you are also waiting for me, so it is time for Fionavar to get her silly behind in gear and post. Very soon...maybe sooner than ya'll think. ;)

*rubs hands together and pops fingers into shape*

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Quimrill_Renctar » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:28 pm

Checking in!

Rwhen, I don’t have to wait for you (though that has been a convenient excuse! :D ). Though it certianly would be easier to introduce Neil on the heals of a less emotion packed salutation to two beloved characters. I’m not apposed to difficult, however.

Like I said elsewhere. I’ll be heading back out beyond internet range this weekend, but I’ll take my iPad and keyboard and maybe work on something during the downtime’s (stuff permitting). If anybody gets something up before Friday evening I’ll play off that, otherwise I’ll try and put something together for Sunday evening when I get back. Please feel free to post. Even if the urge hits to post over the weekend, go for it! I will edit and adjust when I return before posting.
Quimrill_Renctar
Ranger of the North

Postby rwhen » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:45 am

Sounds good Quill. I have work today and tomorrow....so Saturday is the first real opportunity for me to take a squat at the computer and put the brain in Fionavar mode for a post up. I'll get 'er done. Have fun this weekend and see ya when you are back again.

Eari and Frelga, be ready friends. ;) You know Fiona, anything is possible.

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Frelga » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:47 am

I'll take the easy road, then, and wait for you to post.

Eari, how are you feeling? Do you have the MRI results yet? I'm sending you all the soothing and healing energy I can muster.
Frelga
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby Quimrill_Renctar » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:08 pm

*gasp* done! Got it posted! :happydance: Ball officially passed

S’bit long, but its also an introduction. Sorry if Neil sounds too southern. Not really what I was going for, but on my second read through I kinda wonder if that’s what I got. I’m not exactly Mark Twain when it comes to funny dialects. Hopefully now that he’s around civilized folks he will talk a little less rough in the interests of making a good impression.
Quimrill_Renctar
Ranger of the North

Postby rwhen » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:36 pm

Well and truly done friend, Quill. Great intro to the group. I am working tomorrow night (just like I did tonight) then off for two and absolutely you will see a post from Fionavar. Maybe if I am awake enough tomorrow, it will come then. Already I am formulating a response to your entrance.....Fiona has never met anyone the likes of you, but she is curious and always open for new companions. So we will see what we will see. =:)

Frelga, be on deck for a post if it is in ya and Eari...you are also welcome to jump right on in as well.

I will try and rustle up Sil again.....Aramir would be terribly missed. :( But I have ideas for all of it.....next post tomorrow or Wednesday.

Thank you so much Quill for joining in, I know this is going to grow into something fun. One question....in my mind I see that there are Ents still about Fanghorn since we know that Orthanc/Isengard are all but washed and and cleansed.....so I suppose I had a mind to spend a bit o' time with the or an Ent...

What do you all think of that? Of course Quill, that would put you right back to where you started from in your post....I figure you can handle that with ease.

I love your writing style. Very descriptive and captivating. Good luck with the accent. I once had a character with a sort of sing song voice and it grew harder the longer I used him in an RP. You are most likely much more talented at it than I was.

Be watching this space.... ;)

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Quimrill_Renctar » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:49 am

Thanks for the high praises, rwhen. Hopefully you won’t have to retract them later. Anybody, please feel free to give constructive (destructive if necessary) criticism where its needed. I started writing here years ago for the express reason of working on my narrrative writing and it has benefitted emensely from reading other people writing and getting feedback on my own.

That said! :roll: I usually write for action RP’s so this will be a bit different for me! (Not to suggest that this has been devoid of action) :shock: A chance to work on my dialogue and interpersonal stuffage.

The point of the telling is that I’ve really enjoyed reading all the characters in this story. You all have wonderfully deep and complex characters. I love a good flawed character. The temptation with action RP is to make a character who is an immortal ninja elf deity, but I always enjoyed letting my character get banged up and angsty.

Feel free to haul Neil back into Fanghorn. You have the advantage of having food and lots of stuff for him to fix after the storm (most likely) and he will follow the food, especialy in his current food depleted/hungry condition. Also feel free to write for him, guys, I don’t care if his accent isn’t done right (you might actually improve it!).
Quimrill_Renctar
Ranger of the North

Postby rwhen » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:29 am

Quill. I think you will find that we are all pretty much singular characters...we are all a bit or a lot different from each other and we are all building on our own narrative rather than a group narrative....yet, still with that written, we all interact and get as personal as possible through the trials or experiences we have had on the way to Gondor. I am writing this to mean that you probably won't get any if much criticism on how you write...but maybe a suggestion to bring us all going in the same direction.

I will write for Neil. Don't you worry about that. ;) I plan to re-read your post several times today to get your charrie firmly in my two brains....myself and that of Fionavar....which she is a rotten muse....many times often off on her own adventure and I have to hunt her down and lock her in a closet to make a post. ;)

An interesting side note here....I think it was Scribbles who had a whole RP that was just her and her muse. It was a riot. Not to mention the fact that Scribbles is one of the most talented writers I have come across here on TORC.....ONE of the most I say. So no one get your britches in a bunch. *runs*

I tend to read other RP's and get invested.....like Redemption: The Reckoning. What a great RP. Also MK's ....geez that goes so far back and gives you hero type dudes and dudettes a chance to flex those physical muscles along with your brain muscles.

Fionavar in this incarnation is far from a fighter....but she is learning and getting tougher by the experiences we have had....no choice really. So on with the show as Bugs Bunny would say....
Last edited by rwhen on Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby ~Fionavar~ » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:41 am

Didn't your mother teach you not to talk about someone behind their backs????

Image <-----Lady Fionavar
~Fionavar~
Shield Bearer

Postby rwhen » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:26 pm

*gulp* I have created a monster!!

Okay, there ya have it, finally the long awaited and promised post.

Quill. I hope I did okay with both your charries and your accent. I left it wide open for you to jump in there with an explanation so that the rest of the crew can come to at least begin to accept you in the group now.

I didn't write out Tygara (Kitty and Daniel) yet. I needed her for this post, but that will come next.

I really hope that Gwennie will show up and want to continue Aramir and Falastor. I did include them both in the post.

Eari.....all set for you and your Elf. I read back a bit and it seems Aramir and Eilathen had some words about secrets....so that should be explored with Aramir i think. That is up to Sil.

Frelga...hope I did ya proud. :D

That only took three straight hours. Geez I am out of practice. I need to do more of this RP.

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby GwenElf » Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:04 pm

Sorry to have vanished again. I offered to proofread a friend's book on a deadline, and then the book turned out to be 715 pages long. And then my laptop died and I'm still waiting for the new one to arrive. It's good times around here. :-D

*sneaks off to try and finally catch up on reading the RP*

Edit: Frelga, I just learned that combat juggling is a sport, and I think Geli needs to get on this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJgi-B4 ... kqr5uwhp_U
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby rwhen » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:22 am

Sil!!! SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! Sorry to read of the laptop disaster. Hope that gets sorted soon. We didn't move far anyway, but now...I am hoping that we will push forward. I am SO intrigued to know what this big secret of Aramir's is that Eilathen was talking to him about and also......what "terrors" Kitty has been through, she has mentioned it to Fiona several times. Now Eilathen brings it up to Aramir. Also I REALLY love your charrie of Falastor....PLEASE write more of him in. I hope I did okay with the little that I included both of you in my post.

Yikes combat juggling....seems to me that it wouldn't be much fun being a spectator iffn' they were ta miss!!!!

Quill.....okay....I will be patient...but Fionavar can throw a mean tantrum, see post above... ;) I know that the accent isn't perfect...but it was what was in my brain when I wrote it......please know I am a fast learner and open to suggestion...most of the time. :P Mostly I am anxious to see how Neil takes to the reactions of the group.

For Kitty. I was going to write her out for now, both her and Daniel. But I am going to try and communicate with Tyggies and maybe we can come up with a post together that explains more of her secrets....if she (Kitty) was ready to divulge them anyway.

Eari??? Are you ready to add to the story now? I know you said you were working something up. Also I know the headaches and PG is something you are dealing with, so no pressure, okay? :hug:

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)