The Expected Party 2!!! OOC

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

Re: The Expected Party 2!!! OOC

Postby Quimrill_Renctar » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:03 pm

I did really enjoy your post, Rwhen. I like the conflict with Kitty and the rest. I was thinking I might make a point in my next post of getting Neil and Kitty warmed up toward each other a little (not too much), but let me know if you would rather use that enmity as a reason to help write those characters out for the moment. If not I’ll have Neil fix something of her’s and break the ice in general, as well as give you guys a bit more to write off and respond to.

The accent is just fine. LIke I said, its a very fluid concept in my mind so he probably wont sound too consistent for a bit. I’ll think up something shorter and sweeter hopefully sometime tomorrow as there is time. This weekend is going to be another busy one full of responsibilities of various flavors. BUT next weekend at this precise moment looks like it will be a slow relaxing one (fingers crossed). >_<
Quimrill_Renctar
Ranger of the North

Location: A little patch of paradise I like to call... the backside of nowhere

Postby rwhen » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:00 pm

Quill, if you have read much of Kitty.....she isn't the most open and trusting sort...but that said, she is also not so cold as to be open to someone new, at least a bit of the frost would wear off. She seems to reply with sarcasm quite a lot if that works for you.

With regards to your accent, the more I read of it, the better I will get at posting with it.

I had thought to have Fiona have a talk with Kitty....I have written Tygarya on Facebook and she is indeed going through intense chemo/radiation.....but said she trusts what I write for her and I assume she trusts what others would write as well. I am going to try and set it up for when / if she does come back that she can pick it up and we can learn more of her past......hint....Kitty seems to open up more with a bit o' wine in her. ;)

I am also interested in a conversation with Aramir....Sil?? You up for that? We could discuss it off line or just wing it here...you know I am up for either.

Eari....same with you my friend. If your health is up for it, just let me know.

Frelga....it also occurred to me that we really don't know much about Geli and her backstory.....it appears that she knows Aramir, but that has never really been explained. Inquiring minds want to know?????

Most importantly, I am going to move us forward towards Isengard/Fanghorn. So with the rest of the posts we construct, please keep that in mind or we will never make it to Gondor. ;)

:grouphug:

Update: I just had a look at the map of ME and from where we left Tharbad and headed towards Isengard....that seems the best way to get through the mountains. Then Fanghorn....if we skirt Fanghorn (with help from Ents of course) and head around North...the next great place to visit is Lorien. We would have to head East from the Eastern most part of Fanghorn to hook up with the North/South route then North. Yes, I know that takes us in a different direction from Gondor....but this is an adventure after all and from the map...where we started and where we are going....(unless something comes up that would take us really out of the way) Lorien is the next place....from there, plenty of towns to stop in on the way back South to Gondor and eventually Minas Tirith for the celebration.

How does that sound to everyone? That should keep us busy for quite the while as I had originally expected this journey to take (RP time) about a year....it has been about half that already. Please let me know your thoughts. :)
Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!oldtoby!Cock Robin(CR)!Prim!Calma! I will never ever forget you.

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Yes Ayslhyn, I do still remember.

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby rwhen » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:31 am

So because of the lack of time or interest (or laptop), I think I am going to go ahead and make another post and "speak" with Kitty. She is only only TORC poster who is unable to speak for herself.....so we can all help with that...those of us who have posted with her for over the years know her backstory enough to write a bit for her and she says that she totally trusts us.... (besides if we mangle it a bit...it might draw Tyggsiesss back when she can)...

I'll try and get something up in the next few days. Miss you all.....

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!oldtoby!Cock Robin(CR)!Prim!Calma! I will never ever forget you.

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby GwenElf » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:12 pm

Honestly, I haven't posted because, even after reading 4+ pages of posts, I'm still not entirely sure what's going on or where we're headed. XD

I'm also not sure what to do with Ar, who should never have been added to this RP in the first place and whose backstory really doesn't fit. I'm thinking I may tweak or abandon it entirely, but I haven't decided yet.
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby rwhen » Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:45 am

:cry2: I would hate to lose Ar, to be very honest. In my mind he has always been a part of the group. But if you want, would you continue with Falastor? He is a very interesting charrie.

As to where and what is happening....we are moving forward as soon as Quill does his intro for Neil. Into Isengard/Fanghorn and then on to Lorien before out last long leg to Gondor. Same as before, just different place.

Is it harder for Ar because Kitty/Tygs is not a part of this right now? Or just that he was not supposed to be a part of this?

Hey, I would just love to have you in any way to be honest. But also, if your heart is not in it, I do understand. Life moves on and this RP was dead for four years, it was just my hope to revive it because it was so much fun.

Please let us know. :hug:

HEY QUILL!!! ;) Waitin' for ya.

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby GwenElf » Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:04 pm

Ar was exiled from Gondor; there's just no reason he'd be going there on purpose.

But it's a long journey, and now that he's part of the group I can definitely see him sticking with them until they get to the border—and maybe something will happen then that will force him to keep going anyway. Or something. :D
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby earendil81 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:35 am

Hello everyone,

Sorry I haven't been around. Things have been totally crazy in a good way.
We just bought an apartment and are waiting for the loan approval.
So that means a lot of organizing
- the move of course
- the change of daycare for our boy
- the purchase of a car because we won't be inside Paris anymore so car is needed
- the purchase of a number of things that we don't have because we were living in a furnished apartment (vacuum cleaner, iron, washer and dryer, that sort of things)

All that while expecting baby #2 in December which means we might have to move with a newborn in tow LOL.
All very exciting but also very time consuming. The muse hasn't liked it one bit :P
I'm working on a post but won't promise to post it right away but I do hope I can manage by week end.

Thanks for your patience :hug:
Never forgetting those who have passed into the West :rose:

Sharing a story with Rholarowyn: Once There Were Words

Laesha is taking her first steps in the RP world with Eilathen and a bunch of great characters in The Expected Party
Fan of Redemption: the Reckoning

Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you
I have been changed for good.

It's funny how some distance
Makes everything seem small
And the fears that once controlled me
Can't get to me at all
It's time to see what I can do
To test the limits and break through
No right, no wrong, no rules for me
I'm free
earendil81
In Love & Light

Postby rwhen » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:40 pm

Gwennnieeeee and eari...I just would love to have whatever time or attention you can give to this little PR. I guess it is just hard for me to see it drift away to the Havens as so many other RP's have done now. Even at a snail's pace, I am happy.

At the moment really waiting for Quill to tell us more about Neil and then I can post for Tyggies and see what you ladies offer. :D But movement to Isengard/Fanghorn is the goal at the moment.

:hug: to you all.

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Previous

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)