OOC - Land of the Serpents

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

Postby heliona » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:18 pm

:lol: Good to see you, rwhen. :)
Image<-- Are you looking for me? It's Squirrel Month in the TVM!

Life is short; break the rules, forgive quickly; kiss slowly; love truly; laugh uncontrollably; and never regret anything that made you smile. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Grab a chance and you won't be sorry for the might-have-beens. - Arthur Ransome

Just because I have the vocabulary of a well-educated sailor doesn't mean I'm not a lady.

In Memoriam EDW - March 14th 2009
In Memoriam rowanberry - March 1st 2014 (~In Memoriam AHH - Alfred Lord Tennyson~)

Photos: My Flickr Photo Collections & Wee Nell - the furry ball of mischief!

(I occasionally post as White Shadow - you've been warned!)

New posters, there's a Welcome and Comprehensive Guide to the Messageboard to answer your questions.
heliona
The Sexy One ~ Hellaciously Huggable

Postby Shadowfax » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:07 pm

heliona wrote:Shadowfax, how about in your first post in this thread, along with mentioning who is involved in posting in the RP, also listing what characters they are writing. I have a feeling it could come in handy - at least for me, my memory isn't what it was! :lol:

Oh, and rwhen, expressed a desire to join. I told her she couldn't. ;) :razz: So expect to see her shortly. :)

I had thought about doing just that a while ago but didn't know if anyone would look back at the first post. I'll keep it updated as we go along. :)

Welcome rwhen! 8)

Shadowfax!

(I'm the only Character with a last name! :rofl:..........you guys are so mysterious!)
Shadowfax
Ranger of the North

Postby strider- » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:06 pm

LOL yes, building a mystery building a mystery

Horses have short memories LOL though to expect anyone to remember that would be crazy since it was like 3 RP's back LOL (no one has to remember this btw it really doesn't matter much for this!) Back in Freedom, Anriel's father was King Mendereth. Aramere was later found to be the kings nephew his father (the King's brother) being killed by his mothers family (his mother a woman from the East) - so they concealed his identity that was later revealed in Awakening Fyre then brought to light in Heritage whereby Aramere took his mother's throne after her brother was murdered and then later married (we presume - Furia...but who knows really LOL that was Tempests character at the time btw) and had a daughter Savarna and son Aeron so that makes Aeron in some crazy mixed up way a Mendereth. I'm impressed I remembered all that myself. :rofl: The Rhun people btw being called the Sagath if I recall correctly (sort of a warrior/klingon/arabian type people) and were originally created by the often missed Magpie Jen :)
strider-
Ranger of the North

Postby shaggydog » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:34 pm

Whaaaaa . . . ???

:rofl:

Wow - you have been a prolific Rper strider :D
shaggydog
Rider of the Mark

Postby heliona » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:33 am

Shadowfax wrote:(I'm the only Character with a last name! :rofl:..........you guys are so mysterious!)

Hey! I have a last name!! :D

Life is short; break the rules, forgive quickly; kiss slowly; love truly; laugh uncontrollably; and never regret anything that made you smile. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Just because I have the vocabulary of a well-educated sailor doesn't mean I'm not a lady.

In Memoriam rowanberry - March 1st 2014 (~In Memoriam AHH - Alfred Lord Tennyson~)

New posters, there's a Welcome and Comprehensive Guide to the Messageboard to answer your questions.
heliona

Postby Shadowfax » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:11 am

heliona wrote:
Shadowfax wrote:(I'm the only Character with a last name! :rofl:..........you guys are so mysterious!)

Hey! I have a last name!! :D

Doh! So you do!

:oops:

Shadowfax!
Shadowfax
Ranger of the North

Postby heliona » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:24 am

It took me blinking ages to come up with that name! ;)

heliona

Postby rwhen » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:04 am

I should have a post forthcoming. Just to let you folks know, Korah is planning on TRYING to go for the more lawful side of life, soon. ;)

Thank you for the welcome.

Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Time out of Mind, forever bound to my Knight Ayslhyn

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever :hug:
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Arassuil » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:14 pm

I’m here writing a post and in reading through, I got a bit confuzzled as to what time/day it was at the Pony. Is it still in the evening after the rain started, or the next morning at dawn, or are we talking two different time/places, or am I overthinking all this?
Arassuil
Shield Bearer

Postby Shadowfax » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:02 am

Arassuil wrote:I’m here writing a post and in reading through, I got a bit confuzzled as to what time/day it was at the Pony. Is it still in the evening after the rain started, or the next morning at dawn, or are we talking two different time/places, or am I overthinking all this?

Early evening late afternoon I'd guess.

Shadowfax!
Shadowfax
Ranger of the North

Postby heliona » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:09 am

Yes, I thought it was early evening since everyone was packing up and the market was closing, due to the rain. And it seemed that everyone had been out for most of the day. At least, that was my impression.

heliona

Postby Lebasi » Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:10 pm

I'm not very experienced at RPing, but can I come here?

I have a character, but I don't know much about it yet.

Name: Aeona
Race: Elf/Hobbit (hope this works) female

Appearance: Fairly short, very dark burgandy, slightly wavy hair, fairly 'elven' features, pointy ears, hairy feet. Generally covered by Lorien cloak with hood. Wears human travelling clothes and goes barefoot.

History: Mother from Mirkwood and father from the Shire, born in Lothlorien, lived in Rohan for a long time then went to travelling around, regularly visits the Shire and Lothlorien/Mirkwood.

If this character is suitable and there's anything that I need to change about it, I will.
Last edited by Lebasi on Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lebasi
Ranger of the North

Postby Lebasi » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:58 pm

Is it dead, or am I just paranoid? Or annoying?
Lebasi
Ranger of the North

Postby heliona » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:46 pm

No, it isn't dead, Lebasi. This board is quite slow, and in particular the RPG threads. Those of us who are posting in this thread tend to not post very fast, so if you're expecting a fast-paced RP thread, you might want to try another thread, otherwise you'll get frustrated quickly! :D

Once we get going, things may pick up a bit.

heliona

Postby Lebasi » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:14 am

Thanks.

Can I post here regardless? I don't mind it being slow, but I didn't know if I was supposed to ask before posting on the main thread.
Lebasi
Ranger of the North

Postby heliona » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:23 am

Yes, just making a mention and asking if your character/vague idea will clash with what other people had in mind - particularly if it involves another character - is essentially what this thread is for. :)

I don't see that there's anything wrong with your character (although I've never thought about an Elf/Hobbit - must have been an interesting Elf to decide to mix it up with a Hobbit ;)). I don't see any reason not to go ahead and posting your opening post to establish where you are and what your character is up to. :)

Just bear in mind that other people have definite plans about what their characters are like and how they will interact with different people, so if you are posting conversations with other people's characters, coming in here and running things by the character creator is a good idea, just so that you don't accidentally mess up something they had planned. :) (Particularly at the beginning of an RP, when everyone is getting the feel of other people's characters. Once we've all posted together for a while, then you get a feeling of how the other characters react. :))
heliona

Postby Shadowfax » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:14 am

Welcome Lebasi 8)

I think you'll find this RP going very slowly at times followed by a flurry of activity.

Heliona, if you need to move Del along to help your character progress feel free. I don't know if I could write a post just having him go back to the fireplace and start singing. :lol:

Shadowfax!
Shadowfax
Ranger of the North

Postby heliona » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:45 am

Isn't Del still in the room with Naveen? :? I need to reread the thread again, anyway. I'm just about to go on night shifts, so I'll probably have something running through my head within the next couple of days. :) I'll run it by you once it is cemented! :D

heliona

Postby Shadowfax » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:23 pm

He's left the room key with Naveen and will be heading back to the common room (I didn't write that last part in my post but that was my intention...my bad :( )

Shadowfax!
Shadowfax
Ranger of the North

Postby heliona » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:29 pm

Righty-o. I'll have him come back and meet up with Falmariel then, if that's all right with you. :)

heliona

Postby Shadowfax » Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:44 pm

Works for me! :P

Shadowfax!
Shadowfax
Ranger of the North

Postby Naveen » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:30 pm

~

Welcome Lebasi. If your character will work here you are welcome to try your hand. :)

Apologies everyone! Been busy doing bookwork, taxes, etc... and dealing with real life issues that don't exactly match with a fantasy world. Hard to go from facts and figures to Rp writing! :(

But the good news is I'm in the middle of a post so hopefully it will be up soon. :roll:

~
Last edited by Naveen on Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Naveen
Shield Bearer

Postby Shadowfax » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:53 am

I thought your real life was a fantasy world? :twisted:

Shadowfax!
Shadowfax
Ranger of the North

Postby Naveen » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:39 am

~

I thought your real life was a fantasy world?

:rofl: if only it were and I was the writer contolling everyone else in the fantasy world around me! Watch out then!

~
Naveen
Shield Bearer

Postby Naveen » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:58 pm

~

Something has come up at work and I may have to work some odd shifts. It might be tomorrow, later this week or next. Can’t really say, so I’m not sure how much I’ll be able to contribute in as far as writing during this time. I’ll try and fill you in later when I know more.

In a nutshell, Najhim is going after Latafat and Naveen needs to get out of Bree. I’m leaving it up to Shadowfax to figure how to handle Naveen. For the rest, there is a choice since no one except Del has made contact with them both. When Del and Najhim talk, they could be overheard and either one of them can be followed. Sorry, but I pretty much planned from the start that they would be leaving Bree quickly, but I have faith everyone can come up with something! :)

edit: Welcome Rwhen! Looking forward to writing with you! :)

Lebasi, post whenever you are ready to fit your character in.

~
Naveen
Shield Bearer

Postby heliona » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:11 am

I'm about halfway through writing a post between Falmariel and Del, who are talking about Del has left Naveen. Hopefully it'll be up tomorrow sometime. :) That'll give people another opportunity to follow etc. :)

heliona

Postby Arassuil » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:54 pm

I doubt I'll be able to write anymore in this one so I'm just letting my character fade away in the crowd at the Inn.
I'm just not connecting with the tale, and time to commit to writing is hardly enough to fulfill my current projects.
I will read along though.
Arassuil
Shield Bearer

Postby Shadowfax » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:31 pm

Sorry folks.............been real busy!

I'll get a post up in a few days! 8)

Shadowfax!
Shadowfax
Ranger of the North

Postby Naveen » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:44 am

~

March turned out to be a way busier month than I first thought...work at the bar...work in my shop...and a whole lot of other things going on! Hopefully April will be better. Whew! :shock:

Sorry to see you go Arassuil, thank you for letting us know. :)

Nice post Lebasi, welocome.

~
Naveen
Shield Bearer

Postby strider- » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:38 pm

i only moved Aeron along a bit further down the road so he's at least in striking distance by the time the bree crew head south, he'll have lots to keep him busy so don't feel like you have to rush or anything, I just needed to move him into someplace that might potentially have people for something I have brewing.
strider-
Ranger of the North

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)