Blingo's Last Stand OOC

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

Blingo's Last Stand OOC

Postby Entmooting » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:04 pm

Look, I'm only starting this thread because it makes me feel really, really important, having an RP thingy needing its own parallel indulgence.

Right?
Entmooting
Ranger of the North

Postby erinhue » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:52 am

That's the way ya do it, Entling. :lol:
"Where ever you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Bonzi

erinhue
Warrior/Bard of Belfalas Illuvatar's Bright Spirit

Postby Entmooting » Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:11 am

Peri, I think it might have been this little passage that put the doubt in your mind:

Gammyknee pondered on Man-dalf's offer. Except he just couldn't concentrate, what with gunshots, and the umbrage he felt with the realisation he was just an extra. Maybe tomorrow would spring hope eternal.

The 'he' bolded refers to Gammyknee, not Man-dalf. Man-dalf, quite obviously, is not an extra but a central character, without whom there would be no story.

I hope that clears up any misunderstanding, and that I can expect a post from you presently... ;)

Thanks for the input, Erinhue. Perhaps you can arm-twist a few of your comedic underlings (you are Master Bard aren't you?) for the occasional guest appearance. Or longer stint?
Entmooting
Ranger of the North

Postby Periannath » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:11 pm

Eh...well, to tell the truth, it was the whole passage in general. Seemed like you were frustrated at having too many characters to write for, which I presumed to be my fault, since Man-dalf's the reason the plot may have re-directed away from the main character and into the metaphorical Chuck-E-Cheese ball pit of extras. I don't know, maybe it was just the way in which you gratuitously and violently removed the narrator... :shock:

Anyway, yeah, I'll keep posting...once I think of something...

Oh, and I'm GLAD you feel this RP is SO IMPORTANT that you actually needed to start an OOC THREAD FOR IT. *shakes head sadly* And I thought I knew you...
Periannath
Ranger of the North

Postby erinhue » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:05 pm

I been thinking on it. I got a week long seminar to prepare for this week that happens the week after. Once that is done I got some free time and that just might lend itself to a guest spot now and again :wink: Thanks for asking.

I used to be the mod for this forum and sometimes old urges take over. 8)

erinhue

Postby Entmooting » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:02 am

Thanks Erinhue. It's be great if you could find time. It's not always easy, as I'm finding myself at the moment!

I wonder whether it would be possible, seeing as you're an ex-mod, if you could let me know whether the last few posts on the Bilbo's Last Stand thread could be removed, and if so, how I would go about it. Unfortunately, they break up the flow, and are only there because of Peri's Paranoia (only joking Peri!)

Sort of, after the gratuirous and violent removal of the narrator. That's definitely part of the, ahem, 'plot'!
Entmooting
Ranger of the North

Postby erinhue » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:12 am

Go to the ONE Ring forum and youcan post there for one of the mods to please remove the posts you want removed. I'd do it but I turned in my mod powers a long time ago. It might take a little time but just remind them from time to time and someone will get around to doing it.

erinhue

Postby Entmooting » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:52 am

Much obliged, Master Bard. Now, I just twiddle my thumbs, and wait until funny thoughts spring forth from my heat oppressed brain. Or something like that.

Too busy to all but glance at the moment. Woeful is me! (Is that right? Ed.)
Entmooting
Ranger of the North

Postby SeverusSnape » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:02 pm

All requested posts have been deleted.

I am going to repost this one from you Entmooting as you might have wanted it in an OOC thread.

If no, just ask on this thread and I will delete it as well.

Entmooting wrote:OOC Look, I know this is called Blingo's Last Stand, but considering Blingo is, obviously, undertaking a pretty boring journey to Michel Delving, which I could, even should be describing: those adventures describing how he stops off at the Bywater Oldagents (this is the Shire. They don't do News...), caught the omnicart outside the Green Dragon, etc etc, but really, Periannath has kindly deigned to get involved in the telling of this tale, and I only have three pairs of hands, to write four characters. I know, I know. Nobody forced me to do this, but what with the recession, the collapsing pound (that's British money. Sterling used to be such a trustworthy currency. I remember well, the few against the many, lined up in their vulnerable, er, lines, awaiting the onslaught of the fuzzy wuzzies at Rourke's Drift. Red coats shimmering in the African sun. And POUNDS IN THEIR POCKETS! Money that meant something. 'I promise to pay the bearer on demand' We had pride in our financial institutions, leastways, it was until those bankers... BANG!!! )

We apologise for the gratuitous, violent method used to remove the narrator from this thread. We would be grateful if everyone understood that his execution was swift and almost certainly painless. At least for the executioner. Now, to return us to our story, although, personally, I'd like a little bit more on Amanita, and those descriptions of her ripe, heaving... Ouch! For the love of Pete! Why do women wear such pointy shoes?!

Gammyknee pondered on Man-dalf's offer. Except he just couldn't concentrate, what with gunshots, and the umbrage he felt with the realisation he was just an extra. Maybe tomorrow would spring hope eternal.

I DO hope he's right.........

"The Dark Arts are many, varied, ever-changing and eternal. Fighting them is like fighting a many-headed monster, which, each time a neck is severed, sprouts a head even fiercer and cleverer than before. You are fighting that which is unfixed, mutating, indestructible."

Severus Snape
Moderator of the Dark Arts

severussnape@theonering.com
SeverusSnape
Moderator of the Dark Arts

Postby Entmooting » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:06 pm

Thanks SeverusSnape. I'm not decided yet on whether to post that again or not. Pondering time. Just leave it here for now, thank you.

Very much obliged for your swift actions! :)
Entmooting
Ranger of the North

Postby Periannath » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:08 pm

Entmooting wrote:Unfortunately, they break up the flow, and are only there because of Peri's Paranoia (only joking Peri!)

Paranoid? Who's paranoid? *carefully removes aluminum foil hat*
Periannath
Ranger of the North

Postby Periannath » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:09 am

This has nothing to do with the RP...but I have an announcement to make.

My little sister and I have finally decided what to name our pet hamsters: "Tumble" and "Buttocks."

Thank you, Entmooting.
Periannath
Ranger of the North

Postby rwhen » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:42 am

May I add that I am enjoying the read. Very funny stuff.

And not all is lost on the 'Merican's, Entmooting. Still the reference are very funny to me. We do have a pretty good sense of humor, for the most part.

Continue to write, it is fun to read.
Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!oldtoby!Cock Robin(CR)!Prim!Calma! I will never ever forget you.

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Yes Ayslhyn, I do still remember.

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Entmooting » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:19 am

Why thank you, rwhen. Sometimes it's even fun to write these streams of inconsequential nonsense. And every now and then, a little joke or pun pops out. If my self indulgence can occasionally make someone else smile as well as me, then that's reward enough. :)

Peri, this means that each time you see those hamsters, Will Whatsmaname will accompany. How wonderful! :lol:
Entmooting
Ranger of the North

Postby Entmooting » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:43 pm

I'm a-thinking that maybe I'm going to have to keep adding little chapters myself, considering the anti-deluge of contributors... However, I'm also aware that multiple answers to oneself is considered spam. Would I be guilty of this accusation if I proceeded with my postings? Please advise, those in the know...

Of course, such worries would be expunged if Man-dalf got over his tunes intoxication, and shifted his blooming... posterior! Right Peri? ;)

Or if Mrs Miggins, my one reader, unfolded her one non-arthritic digit and began waxing lyrical.

You never know...

YOU might be Mrs Miggins...
Entmooting
Ranger of the North

Postby Periannath » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:47 pm

Yeah...I'm honestly not sure what I'm supposed to do with Man-dalf at this point.

Your posts are somewhat unpredictable, as far as perspectives and plot go... You seem to have a chosen direction for the story, and I would like to know where (and when) to send my character next...for I would not want him to be obstrusive to the plot.

Perhaps you could give a quick overview of where you are taking this...and then more people might have a better idea of how and when to insert their characters, too (if they are watching and waiting...*shifty eyes*)

If you have no set path for what's going to happen next, however, I'd be glad to catapult Man-dalf into the action.
Periannath
Ranger of the North

Postby Entmooting » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:06 pm

Peri, the only set path I have (had?) was for Blingo to get to Michel Delving and the pipeweed ban. The rest is just meandering. So dive in, and take things where you like.

I've become rather fond of Man-dalf....
Entmooting
Ranger of the North

Postby Periannath » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:20 pm

Okiedokie! So long as I am not going to mess anything up...

I don't have time to post anything tonight, but tomorrow, it'll happen. I swear.

Oh, and my sister is thinking about joining, maybe. Which is good, I think, but also bad, because she's scary. Well, we'll see.
Periannath
Ranger of the North

Postby Entmooting » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:59 am

As if you could mess it up! Not sure about your sister though. Sister's are strange creatures, forever pulling the heads of dolls, chanting strange incantations, and being as unpleasant as (in)humanly possible. Or was that just mine? ;)

Your sister will, I am sure, make a fine addition! :)

I was wondering whether it might be possible for Man-dalf to get to the omnicart and join Blingo there? Or not, if you have other plans! Like hints of stocking, heaven knows, anything goes!
:D
Entmooting
Ranger of the North

Postby Entmooting » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:30 pm

Peri. Per's sister. Uncle Tom Cobbly. Ladies and Gentlemen...

Sorry. I have a tendency to get carried away. Most often by kindly men in white coats...

I am now, actually, becoming a little concerned that, by my ever expanding cast of characters, each occupying a post of their own, and each being but a projection of mine, I might be stretching what is allowable to post.

Is it okay to post a new "chapter" without an intervening "chapter" by a separate, distinct poster?

In short, is my posting spam? Because I spent fifteen years as a vegan, and I would hate to think I had succumbed to the pink, gelatinous embrace of processed ham.

Of course, none of this would matter if unidigit Mrs Miggins wasn't sulking...

Back to reality. Are you ready to kick in, Peri (and doll-head-puller-offer?) ;)

Look, I've had to edit this because describing your sister as the "doll-head-puller-offer" is obviously some deep seated doll fear I'm projecting.

Perhaps it would be more constructive if I just pleasantly anticipated the contributions of Peri, Peri's sister, and whosoever else is inclined. Because you really are needed.

Peri, of course, if truth be told, is not just needed, but integral!
Entmooting
Ranger of the North

Postby Periannath » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:26 pm

I'm integral? Sweet!

Oh, and don't worry about my sister messing things up...she's actually a far better writer than I am (and has been since she was, like, ten). I think she was an experiment left here by extra-terrestrials. On the weirdness scale, I'd say she's at "Entmooting" level.

I'm going to go write something now...before I lose consciousness (I apologize in advance for whatever incoherent garbage may come out of my mental fatigue).

And as far as your various posts go, I wouldn't worry about anything that might be considered spamming. Spam is a post that doesn't contribute to anything. While your collage of characters is not necessarily strung together in any vital way, it all certainly contributes to the general atmosphere of the RP. It's true, though, that most people stick to their main characters to avoid chaos. Can you handle the chaos, Ent? CAN YOU? (Take the red pill, and this will all go away...you'll wake up at home, and everything will be just as it was).
Periannath
Ranger of the North

Postby Entmooting » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:12 pm

So it ain't spam. Say it ain't so, Joe! (Joe says it ain't so...)

Glad to see you're still on board, Peri.

And really looking forward to your sister's contribution!
Entmooting
Ranger of the North

Postby Entmooting » Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:50 pm

Apologies for the lack of any recent input, Peri. Creative inspiration is a touch flat right now. Possibly because I've been hitting too much of the sauce...

Will get something done in next few days. Feel free to jump in in the meantime....

And anyone else, naturally! :)
Entmooting
Ranger of the North

Postby Periannath » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:37 pm

Lay off the sauce, man. It's stifling your SOUL!

And take your time, seriously. I'd rather wait a long time for a good post than get an immediate, boring one (not that you write anything boring...everything from you is genuinely and unfailingly weird *thumbs up*). I'll just have to take this time to...maybe go outside...and get a glimpse of sunlight...*pulls back curtains* Ahhhhh!! It burns!!!
Periannath
Ranger of the North

Postby Entmooting » Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:05 pm

Periannath wrote:Lay off the sauce, man. It's stifling your SOUL!

And take your time, seriously. I'd rather wait a long time for a good post than get an immediate, boring one (not that you write anything boring...everything from you is genuinely and unfailingly weird *thumbs up*). I'll just have to take this time to...maybe go outside...and get a glimpse of sunlight...*pulls back curtains* Ahhhhh!! It burns!!!
Two posts, Peri. One little filler with Blingo and Man-dalf, and the introduction of a character! Hope they were worth waiting for. Not a drop of whiskey passed my lips.

Does intravenous count?
Entmooting
Ranger of the North

Postby Periannath » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:11 pm

Your last post...I just...wow. Ew. Ew.

And I read it while drinking a Dunkin' Donuts coffee...
Periannath
Ranger of the North

Postby Entmooting » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:37 pm

Periannath wrote:Your last post...I just...wow. Ew. Ew.

And I read it while drinking a Dunkin' Donuts coffee...
Wow, ew good?

Wow, ew, bad?

Hey, I crave acclamation!

But reading Man-Dalf on the omnicart, I'm thinking, just perhaps, we might have a story if Man-dalf, through purely selfish endeavour (but not fully understood by his own good self) involves Blingo in adventures that keep him from the pipeweed ban? Smorgas Glum is returning! {although his excessive longevity isn't explained yet. Perhaps donuts? Maybe not...)

This is sort of the Hobbit upside down? The Oz Hobbit?

Maybe not......................

Because, in case the multitude of readers don't realise. Man-dalf isn't Mithrandir, Blingo isn't Bilbo, and half a crown isn't a florin.
Entmooting
Ranger of the North

Postby Entmooting » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:48 pm

And where's the doll head puller offer?

I bet she just doesn't have the cojones to get involved.

Bad idiom? It's becoming a habit...
Entmooting
Ranger of the North

Postby Periannath » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:18 pm

I don't know whether the "Ew" itself was good or bad...Mostly just nasty, y'know? Like, "I've been-reading-about-rotting-bodies-in-cider-while-drinking-iced-coffee" nasty. But overlooking my own personal nausea, it was entirely hilarious.

Anyway...yeah, I think Man-dalf has been treading the antagonist path for a while now, anyway. He seems to be good at unwittingly getting in the way (sometimes literally). I think it would be good, though, if he knew more about this pipeweed ban...rather than just following his own vague foreboding. Or not.

My sister is preoccupied with schoolwork right now (she put it all off until it gathered into one big, undefeatable monster of lab reports and essays). But I'm still prodding her. With a very pointy stick, mind you. I expect she'll get moving once she gets her grades back up to par. She's smart, but lazy. You know?
Periannath
Ranger of the North

Postby Periannath » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:19 pm

And no, she doesn't have cojones.
Periannath
Ranger of the North

Next

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)