OCC-For There and Back Again

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

OCC-For There and Back Again

Postby Bilbo Baggins » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:05 am

It is my hope that There and Back Again, with the help of The One Ring community can turn into an epic adventure. Here I would like to discuss characters, plots, and places to see. I post this as a fellow Role Player and a Lord of the Rings Fanatic.

P.S Gandalf will not be going on the adventure, he is merely a mutual and neutral character to help the adventure out of the door. Possibly if one wants he could show up at unexpected times.
Bilbo Baggins
Citizen of Imladris

Postby erinhue » Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:15 pm

I'm with ya on that, Bilbo. I'm good at following a lead but I don't have a clue where you'r going with this so I was just hangin' out.
"Where ever you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Bonzi

erinhue
Warrior/Bard of Belfalas Illuvatar's Bright Spirit

Postby Bilbo Baggins » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:55 pm

Well the inn was meant to be a meeting center if you will, for all characters to submit and a place to start from. As for where im going with it, I dont have the slightest idea. All I know is that I want to go either far West, East, North, or South, maybe even all. That way we can have a fresh and innovative view point on Tolkien's world.
Bilbo Baggins
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Bilbo Baggins » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:20 am

I have though it through and I think that a good plot would be that there were in fact other items of power if you will,that were created by the smiths of Eregion (both good and evil). And Gandalf wishes to find the ones of more significant power, to prevent them from falling them into the wrong hands and possibly restore some beauty to middle earth. Similar to your own ring of power Erinhue, but not as powerful as the rings of power but significant non the less. What do you think?
Bilbo Baggins
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Lebasi » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:52 am

Hello, could I join you on your adventure?
Lebasi
Ranger of the North

Postby Cock-Robin » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:27 pm

This has really piqued my interest, and I may jump in sometime. Is this somewhere in the Third Age? I've got some ideas brewing in my fertile mind about this.

The Letter G

Meneldor, Warrior Bard, and Brondgast, Mithril Knights

Gwaeryn and Robin, The Expected Party

Meneldor, Alatar and Pallando, Darkness Reigns: The Resistance

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Bilbo Baggins » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:13 pm

I was thinking fourth age due to the context of the rings. But we could be sent out during the war of the ring to collect the items before the enemy does. That would ensure lots of fight and enemy's to kill.
Bilbo Baggins
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Cock-Robin » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:15 pm

Either is fine for me. I'm open to whatever you have in store. :)

The Letter G

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Bilbo Baggins » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:42 pm

Thanks Cock, and Lebasi I would love if you join the adventure.
Bilbo Baggins
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Cock-Robin » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:50 pm

:blush: Uh, best call me CR or Robin. (After Robin Smallburrow, a Shirriff in the Shire)

And I've already got a character or two from the East to join you. It'll be good. And maybe an Eagle.

The Letter G

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Cock-Robin » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:08 pm

I just posted for my characters. I hope it was all right to mention that Gandalf had sent for them, since he wasn't going to go with your party as you said.

The Letter G

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Bilbo Baggins » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:31 am

It's alright Robin, Gandalf is a neutral character, and that's part of the reason why he is here. Im liking the contrast in characters, I was hoping that your blue wizard could be some what of an expert on the minor artifacts of power. If thats alright with you.
Bilbo Baggins
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Cock-Robin » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:35 am

Sounds good. He doesn't usually get involved with matters in the west, having his hands full with his journeys among the Eastern tribes, turning many away from the Dark. It will be interesting to say the least.

The Letter G

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby erinhue » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:03 pm

:wink: Song or sword for hire. I'm just here for the beer :lol:

erinhue

Postby Cock-Robin » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:55 pm

Good intro, Lebasi! I'm going to wait on Bilbo to come back before I do any response. Don't want to leave him too far behind in the posting.

The Letter G

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Bilbo Baggins » Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:44 pm

Well im back, sorry it took so long, business calls I guess. Ive been brewing about with a proper way of taking this adventure, so hopefully everything will work out. Umm just a quick thing CR Bartolomeo is a human, ill post a character bio on this OCC page to sort out any confusion.
Bilbo Baggins
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Bilbo Baggins » Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:57 pm

Bartolomeo

DESCRIPTION
Bartolomeo is tall, lean, and has his dark hair cut short. His pale blue eyes and boyish charm are one of the reason he befriends easily.

PERSONALITY
He has a carefree nature and is easily befriended. A fearless romantic archetype, adventurous, sword-wielding, who seeks to win the heart of a beautiful lady while rescuing society from the clutches of a dastardly villain. Being a classic swashbuckler Bartolomeo exhibits exceptional courage and swordfighting skill, a strong sense of honor and justice, a chivalric romantic sense, and the capacity for wit, style, and resourcefulness under pressure.

EQUIPMENT
Armed with a cutlass and two long knives Bartolomeo is sword wielder by heart. He is clad in black weathered formal gear that is strong and somehow elegant. With an worn hat pulled onto his head.

HISTORY
Son of a Pirate Bartolomeo grew up in and around ships before his father sent him away to Bree at the Age of twelve to live with Uncle. At the age of eighteen his returned to the western sea looking for his Father. His Father had sailed away North soon after Bartolomeo was sent away and had never returned. Bartolomeo then became an adventurer and wandered the lands robbing dragons, fighting Orks, and stealing wonders from Moria.
Bilbo Baggins
Citizen of Imladris

Postby erinhue » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:25 pm

Erinhue is human, more or less. What he is is as it says beneath my name, Illuvatar's Bright Spirit, sent to walk across the face of the world and be a Light against the Darkness. He's a charmer and a bit of a rouge with a taste for drinking beer and playing poker. He will be your very best friend or the worst enemy you could have should you manage to make him loose his temper.

He appears to be in his mid 30's He has sea grey eyse,dark curly hair, short beard and mustache and a dazzeling grin. He dresses mainly in browns and greens when on the road and not riding with the Mithril Knights. His harp, Agarak, is a Maiar of Illuvatar and its main mission is to guard the Bard and advise the Champion. It has a will and mind of its own. While it has practically unlimite power, Agarak has a very contrary nature and often will not respond to the Bard's requests. If Erinhue's life is not directly and immediatly threatened the harp probably will not take any great action at all..... or it might should it see fit.

In this thread I am skipping ahead of where I am in The Mithril Knights story, forward to a time when Erinhue has already gained control over the Berserker released when his sword, Clarion is drawn in anger. He has completed his evolution to the Champion of the Light, served as called and has been sort of retired until now. Clarion is still possessed and the Berserker can still be called up but no longer are the Bard's friends in danger of being killed by the Berserker's blood lust. Much safer to fight along side him now ;)

erinhue

Postby Bilbo Baggins » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:44 pm

Thanks for the bio Erinhue, it helped sort some things out.
Bilbo Baggins
Citizen of Imladris

Postby erinhue » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:23 pm

I been posting and RPing here for so long I forget that it is no longer the good old days and not everyone would know The Bard's history. I say The Bard to refer to my RP character, Erinhue, as opposed to me, Erinhue on the boards,(real first name, I don't use it, just call me Che, everyone does :wink: ) Not a whole lot of difference except for the live dragonharp/berserker inducing sword thing. 8)

erinhue

Postby erinhue » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:29 pm

Forodwaith? Talk about coincidence, that is where we are right now in the Mithril Knights' Guardians of Middle Earth thread :lol: I'll have an answer for Gandalf shortly.

erinhue

Postby Bilbo Baggins » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:53 pm

Really? Thats interesting, are you by the misty mountains in that role play?
Bilbo Baggins
Citizen of Imladris

Postby erinhue » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:25 pm

We're past them, way up in the Northern Waste. We're headed south right about now though. The Mithril Knights have business in Angamar. :wink:

We do lots of research for our stuff in the MK's so I just borrowed what we used while in the area. Erinhue would have told his buddy Gandalf about that adventure with the Knights and we just fought those creatures I described so it figured to add them in. A good adventure always needs a monster or three. :wink:

erinhue

Postby Cock-Robin » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:07 pm

Hi, Bilbo. I'm sorry about the mixup. I assumed you would be playing a hobbit, as it followed from Gandalf's attention to this, and by the name of the RPG. I was hoping it would be, but I'll adjust to it being a human. Even though it throws most of what I posted out the window. Ignore the posts I made that assumed Bartolomeo was a hobbit.

As for my characters, Pallando is a wizard, one of the lesser-known Istari who went East and had little direct influence in the War fo the Ring. He and his partner Alatar were known as the Ithryn Luin, the Blue Wizards, and they did much work among the Eastern tribes, turning many away from the worship of Sauron. As the Istari were Maiar in human form, and servants of different Valar, so Pallando originally was in service to Mandos, the Doomsman of the Valar.

Dirin is an Easterling, and cheftain of one of the tribes that the Blue Wizards turned away from the Darkness. He is a friend of Pallando, and so far hasn't been developed, but he will have a greater role as we go on.

Circling above the inn is Meneldor, the last of the race of Great Eagles, also known as Meneldor the Swift. He is also, like Hue, in the RP of the Mithril Knights. I dont' know at this point if he had yet made it to full initation into the Knights, but he is known to Erinhue. His memory goes back like the Elves to the Elder Days, where he was a vassal of Thorondor.

The Letter G

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Cock-Robin » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:09 pm

Oh, and one more thing. I'll be playing it by ear about the artifacts. While it may be that Pallando knows about them, it was a long time ago when he studied them. I'm not sure what they are apart from Gandalf's description. I'll think a bit about that, but I don't really know what the artifacts are. It may handicap Pallando's role in that a bit until I find my way.

The Letter G

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby erinhue » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:22 pm

We're all searching around in the dark for the yellow brick road. IMHO that makes for the very best RP. 8)

erinhue

Postby Bilbo Baggins » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:35 pm

Sorry I meant Grey Mountains. But of course a few monsters would be greatly appreciated in this adventure, but I assure you that monsters wont be the only thing in this adventure. Now I could put another character in, he would be of course a Hobbit. But im not sure I have the skill level to be retaining two characters, but if we made the Hobbit neutral I think that would be fine by me. I was thinking Tommy from the Shrouds of Varda Inn would be an easy character to play. What do you all think?
Bilbo Baggins
Citizen of Imladris

Postby erinhue » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:07 am

Foronorst would be a bit east and still north of the Grey Mountains. No matter, what I said still fits. We don't have to have the smoke wargs in this tale, but they would be something Erinhue would recall from his time in the far north.

erinhue

Postby erinhue » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:10 am

Sounds good ta me but it's your thread, if you want to write for another character, who am I to complain? 8)

The Bard has made up his mind, or had it made up for him, either way he and I are in this and ready to hit the road. :roll: Which way do we go, George? Which way do we go? :)

erinhue

Postby erinhue » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:12 am

:nono: Woah, pay attention there Bilbo that archer was no sir that was a lady, a beautiful elf lady at that. 8)

erinhue

Next

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)