Lavender Hill Inn ::UPDATED NOVEMBER 2010::

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

Postby Martin the Warrior » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:13 pm

"Don't be nervous, I'll be right beside you, and you have a voice that would cause a bird to immediately stop singing and never sing again." He meant it, "Just to let you know, this means the world to me just having you here beside me." He took her hands in his, and would have kissed her, but some of the hobbit children stood near.
Martin the Warrior
Rider of the Mark

Postby Lenne Linwe » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:11 am

Amara looked down to her and Martin's hands and then smiled lovingly. She rested her head against his and then looked down to the little Hobbit children. "They really have grown attached to you and your music, my dear Martin." She said to him softly and then smiled more, looking back up to him. Just the very sight of his face caught her heart off guard. He was so... Beautiful.

Sighing happily, she placed her hand on his cheek and then nodded to him. "I will see you tonight, at the festival. I must prepare." She said softly and then slowly walked into the woods, disappearing out of sight.
Lenne Linwe
Shield Bearer

Location: In the Lavender Inn, taking care of anyone in need of healing.

Postby Martin the Warrior » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:22 am

Martin watched her slip away, gently he put his flute back into his bag and went to the room Bilbo had provided for him. It was a small for him to stand up totally straight, so he had to stoop slightly to enter. It had the most lovely view of the cul-de-sac.

Night time was slowly setting he went over to his sack and pulled out the little box that contained his mother's ring. He gazed through the various facets of the little diamond that was in it, pure and had the sparkle of joy, it reminded him of Amara.
Martin the Warrior
Rider of the Mark

Postby Lenne Linwe » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:07 pm

Amara had spent the majority of the day with the Hobbit women, since they wanted to make her an evening gown for her performance. The Hobbits had always been quite hospitable. But, sometimes, she felt like she got a little more attention than most. She wasn't complaining, though.

Looking over herself in the mirror, she gasped slightly. She was now wearing a velvet dark green gown that had gold trimming on it and a gold belt. The dress went down to the floor and was quite form-fitting; even being off-the-shoulder. So, her pale skin was apparent to see. Her hair was done up beautifully to where it was braided in random places and even had some flowers in it.

Hearing commotion going on outside, Amara knew that the celebration was beginning. She swallowed hard and then looked to the Hobbit women, who were fawning over what they had done. She laughed a little and smiled happily. "Thank you." She said softly and headed out, looking for Martin. She had been thinking about him all day.
Lenne Linwe
Shield Bearer

Postby Martin the Warrior » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:32 pm

Martin closed the box and then got dressed in a clean eggplant coloured tunic and pants. They weren't the sort of thing he usually wore, and had been probably in his bag for month's thus shown by the fact that the sleeves were slightly shorter than they probably should have been. Dusk was starting to settle, and so following the trail of pale blue light's made by the lantern's along the path, lighted his way to the party field. He had before leaving placed his flute in a special bag he had for these occasions the hung down around his neck. He had left his sword on the bed, as this was generally a very peaceful race, they saw no need for fighting.

The night air was warm and peaceful, a slight breeze whispered in the trees, and as he always did at this time of year, made him feel alive. He felt really tall as he started to approach the party field. Thousands of young hobbit maids and their lovers danced without a care in the world.
Martin the Warrior
Rider of the Mark

Postby Lenne Linwe » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:01 pm

Amara slowly walked down the dimly lit path to the dancing area and smiled widely at the sound of music, laughter and happiness. She sighed happily and then nibbled on her lower lip, tucking some hair behind her ear, before adjusting her mother's necklace on her neck.

Looking around, she saw Martin across the floor and smiled at the sight of him. He looked so handsome. She slowly looked down to the ground and kept a big smile on her face.
Lenne Linwe
Shield Bearer

Postby Lenne Linwe » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:03 pm

(OOC: sorry, double post!)
Lenne Linwe
Shield Bearer

Postby Martin the Warrior » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:20 pm

He walked over to her, and looked deep into her eye's and said, "Amara, Luthien could not hold a candle to how beautiful you are in this light. Will you have the honor of having this dance?"
Martin the Warrior
Rider of the Mark

Postby Lenne Linwe » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:31 pm

Amara heard what Martin said to her and then smiled lovingly, looking back deeply into his eyes. "I would love to." She said to him softly and then curtsied a bit to him. She wrapped her arms around one of his arms and then headed out onto the dancefloor.
Lenne Linwe
Shield Bearer

Postby Martin the Warrior » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:09 pm

Martin felt a little awkward, he knew he wasn't the best dancer in the world, but it was a little more so apparent as he kept having to say sorry to one hobbit couple after another. He finally said, "Why don't we go get a drink? I'm feeling just a little like I'm getting in the way. I mean, you are such a wonderful dancer, I wouldn't want to stop you from dancing if you want to." He felt like he was the downside of being part elf the human half of him wasn't as graceful sometimes as he would have liked to have been.
Martin the Warrior
Rider of the Mark

Postby Lenne Linwe » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:43 pm

Amara danced with Martin for a while and smiled widely at how he kept running into different Hobbit couples. She then heard what he said and let out a joyful laugh, watching him closely. "Let us get a drink." She said softly and then took his hand in her own, heading for a table that held the ale on it, along with pints.

She was having the time of her life already. It had been a long time since she had been to a party. It felt good to let go and just enjoy life like the Hobbits did all the time.
Lenne Linwe
Shield Bearer

Postby Martin the Warrior » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:16 pm

Iris Proudfoot stood apart from the others on the field, she felt the breeze and the sway of the music. She watched the two human, no wait elven, no half-elven's dance, she had even had heard the one, Martin, she thought was his name, play music in front of Bilbo's house. Earlier that day she had spoken with Frodo, Bilbo's nephew about the two, he had said that they were going a great quest with Gandalf. Oh, how she wanted to go with them, true she had many friends in the shire, many of which would have gladly gone with her, but something had always held her back from speaking this aloud.

She was quite shy, hence why she stood out by herself alone on the edge. She hummed along with the music, she wasn't a great singer in fact if anyone heard her, they might have said, "Where's the dog that I heard howling?" She didn't care at that moment the night was simply too lovely for that.
Martin the Warrior
Rider of the Mark

Postby Lenne Linwe » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:03 am

Amara made it over to the table that held the majority of the food and drink for the party; it was located just off to the side of the dance floor. She sighed happily and then grabbed two pints full of ale, for the both of them. She looked to Martin and smiled more to him, tucking some of her hair behind her ear. She took a sip of her drink and looked around at all of the Hobbits that were still dancing. She always enjoyed nights like this. No one had a care in the world. She wanted to keep it that way.
Lenne Linwe
Shield Bearer

Postby Martin the Warrior » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:52 pm

Martin looked at Amara and said, "A toast to the prettiest girl I know!" He smiled as he raised his glass.

Iris walked away from the party, she had made up her mind, "I'll gather together what I own and follow them on Albie." Albie was a fat pony she'd had since, well since he looked nice, now he looked like he was ready for greener pastures. "A few days out of the shire I'll make myself known, by then they can't say no and turn me back."

(OOC: A quick short post sorry.)
Martin the Warrior
Rider of the Mark

Re: Lavender Hill Inn ::UPDATED NOVEMBER 2010::

Postby Shanlarra of Rohan » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:30 pm

A soft footstep broke the silence as a tall ranger strode in, taking a seat near the window. He kept an eye on his horse as the stallion stood quietly outside, a sigh of relief escaping from him as he leaned back into the chair. His cloak fell to one side as he looked around the inn, revealing a solidly built stature as he took a long draught from a silver hip flask. Long ago he had begun bringing along clear streamwater whenever he could find it. Looking out the window once more, he gazed in interest at the unfamiliar surroundings, so different from that of the lands of Rohan he was so accustomed to. "If there was one place I never thought I would see, it was Rivendell," he said to himself. Taking the dagger and sword with its belt off his waist, her set them on the back of the chair so as to make it a bit more comfortable for himself. He hummed softly, an old tune he had heard long ago, but the words remained as clear to him now as they did when he had first heard it.
Shanlarra of Rohan
Petitioner to the Council

Previous

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)