Lavender Hill Inn ::UPDATED NOVEMBER 2010::

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

Lavender Hill Inn ::UPDATED NOVEMBER 2010::

Postby Lenne Linwe » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:11 pm

Updated on November 24th of 2010.

Lavender Hill Inn

Welcome to one of Middle-Earth most celebrated Inns, Lavender Hill, is a gorgeous elven overlooking the wonderful village of Rivendell.

Come and enjoy a delightfully warm fire, placed in the center of the main hall. At sunset watch nature's light show from beneath our breathtaking trees. Take a morning walk through the lush flower gardens. Sleep in a completely comfortable guest room. Wake in the morning to a full home-cooked breakfast. Be filled with friendship as you share experiences with fellow guests and travelers.

Also, plan to attend one of our many games that are available in behind the Lavender Hill Inn.

We hope that you enjoy your stay at the Lavender Hill Inn!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bloodied faces. Orphaned children. Weary travelers. These were a few of the many types of things and people that Amara had seen in the Lavender Hill Inn, in which she had an occupation. She was the Inn-Keeper's daughter -- Daughter of Mirdrel Linwe. He was a highly respectable man, due to all of the people he had let stay in his inn. When he passed away, everything was placed in Amara's small hands. Many times, she was mocked and pushed around, due to her being half elf and half human. She didn't ever quite understand, but she knew that someday... She would have to just deal with everything that was thrown at her. All of the harsh words, all of the trials and tribulations. So far, she was doing a very good job at it.

The morning sun rose over the large trees in Mirkwood, bringing in rays of light into the beautiful wood. Hearing birds chirping through her bedroom window, Amara slowly rose from her lying position in her bed. She sat up straight and blinked a few times, letting her crystal-blue eyes scan over her surroundings -- A room that was in dire need of some cleaning. Father would have been quite upset at me, if he had ever seen my room like this... Amara thought to herself. She sighed a bit, trying to just shrug off the feeling she got, whenever she thought back to when her father was alive. Pain and loneliness. She hated that he was gone. He always had given her joy and peace of mind.

After getting ready for the day and giving her poor room some attention, Amara slowly walked downstairs to the main hall and started cleaning off the counters a bit. She knew that travelers would be coming soon and even regular customers, for her very special ale which came straight from Hobbiton. (She had quite a few connections from there...)

She was ready for them.
Last edited by Lenne Linwe on Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
Lenne Linwe
Shield Bearer

Location: In the Lavender Inn, taking care of anyone in need of healing.

Postby Daefaroth » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:17 am

Welcome to TORC.

Per our site guidelines for images, please do not post in-thread images greater than 300x400 pixels.

Your Inn has been added to the Innkeepers Office for you. Please review the Guidelines for Inns in this forum.

You are expected to "set up" your Inn and the opening scenarios, not ask others to do it for you.

Please review the Guidelines for Role Play in this forum.

Thank you.
Daefaroth
The Shadow Hunter

Re: Lavender Hill Inn ::UPDATED NOVEMBER 2010::

Postby SilverScribe » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:41 pm

Lenne Linwe wrote:
(We are needing some occupations to be filled within the inn. So, for your benefit, I am going to list the jobs that we are in dire need of.)

Jobs Available:

(COMING SOON!!!) .

Actually, if you want to recruit writers, best thing is to put this sort of advertisement in an OOC (Out Of Character) thread that bears the same name as this main story thread. If you look at this forum, you'll see a ton of examples.

An OOC thread gives you a place to explain your story requirements and also gives other folks a place to answer your ad, ask their own questions and so on and so forth. Not to mention that it keeps all that non-story "business" out of the actual story thread, leaving it free of clutter and nicely readable.

:D:D:D
SilverScribe
Scribe, Wanderer, Warrior . . . Bard of Rhudaur and Herald of Manwe

Postby Lenne Linwe » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:16 am

Well, thank you very much for letting me know that!!! I'm guessing that I set up an OOC thread right here in this very topic. I just don't wanna make anyone mad with misplacement of a thread. :)
Lenne Linwe
Shield Bearer

Postby Martin the Warrior » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:54 pm

Martin arrived at the inn, he had been traveling for nigh on three years. Always looking for a fair, or an adventure to go off on. One thing had been pulling him ever slowly towards the inn, the wish just to see the pretty half-elven Amara. He thought bitterly over the fact that after his elven mother's death along with his father's he had been cast out into the cold world. The only one who traveled with him was his cousin the Elfin lady Marine. That is until a few months ago when she had fallen in love. He pushed the memories that came flooding back.

Outside the inn he looked down at a small puddle, he neatened up his auburn hair and beard. His chocolate brown eye's showed his smile. He then adjusted his belt with which was attached a sword, not just any sword the sword of his father. He then pulled out a small wooden flute out of his pack. Some said it was magical and they may have been right, he couldn't remember when he had picked up it for the first time it might have been passed down through the years from elven mother to child, for he was sure it was his mother who had given it to him.

He began to play a tune that he had composed himself that he called Beautiful Elanor. He only had had a brief glance of the flower and the memory had turned into the music. It had words too but he saved those for a later time.

It wasn't long before some of the guests of the inn went out and dragged him in. His plan to meet Amara was working.
Martin the Warrior
Rider of the Mark

Postby Lenne Linwe » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:12 pm

The morning had already been long and full of activity. She had gotten many a traveler come into her inn and she made sure that they were well taken care of. It was hard to see some of her travelers, due to the fact that the majority were injured and needed their wounds tended. Luckily, she was very good at cleaning wounds out and wrapping them.

While Amara was wiping down the counters and the tables, she heard a sound coming from outside. It sounded like a wooden flute. She only knew the sound, because her mother had played it before, when she was only a small child. Her partial elf ears perked up slightly and she stood up straight. She sat her rag down and then saw people bring a very handsome man in. She smiled a little at the sight of him and listened intently to the music he was playing. It sounded so beautiful and calming. "What tune is it that you play, weary traveler?" She asked him softly, in her soft voice.
Lenne Linwe
Shield Bearer

Postby Martin the Warrior » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:33 pm

Martin looked deeply into Amara's eye's, and said, "It's a little tune I composed called Beautiful Elanor." He then asked, "Would you like me to sing the words I wrote to go alone with it Miss?" Before she could answer him he began to sing in a rich tenor voice.

The rose that blooms, is not as fair,
The lily she but fades and bares.
At the sight of the one I love for,
The beautiful, sweet Elanor.

I've traveled far and wide,
But I cannot, never, abide,
Being without you dear sweet one,
The dearest sweetest Elanor one.

The stars in the sky fade by,
As I draw you close as I sigh.
Dear child, the one I adore,
My dear, sweet Elanor.

"I have to say, I'm looking for a place to stay for awhile. I'm willing to play, sing and do whatever you ask me for free room and board." Deep down he wanted to say was, "Your eyes are more beautiful then I ever imagined, more beautiful than diamonds. If you asked me to be your stable boy, I'd gladly say yes."
Martin the Warrior
Rider of the Mark

Postby Lenne Linwe » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:24 pm

Listening to the beautifully written words and they way that they flowed from the man's tongue meshed together so perfectly. "That song is quite beautiful. You have a talent, sir. Before we discuss anything further of the room and board situation... What is your name?" She asked him softly, looking over his face slowly. She was trying to take in every perfect detail about him. He had the perfect face: Eyes that mimicked the color of a beautiful brown, but the color did his eyes no justice. His hair was set precisely in the right spots on his face and suited him extremely well, and his body was very well fit. All-in-all, this man was... The greatest Creation that she had ever seen in her life.

She took a step forward in her spot to get closer to him, but she stopped herself in her tracks. She didn't know what exactly she was doing at this point. Her mind was elsewhere. The song was still stuck in her head, her crystal-blue eyes were now staring into his chocolate brown ones and there was no hope for her to be coherent with certain things. Everyone else around them had already seemed to disappear.
Lenne Linwe
Shield Bearer

Postby Martin the Warrior » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:55 pm

Martin gazed into her eyes letting the room, disappear around him, and said, "Martin, at your service," he then did a little bow. "You must be Amara, I have heard so much about you all good things. Your hospitality is legendary."

He then looked around the inn as if he was seeing it for the first time. He then thought of the last inn he had stayed inn and the horrible service he had recieved. He then looked at her and said, "I hope that there is some form of position I can be of service to you." And what he really wanted to say was, "The radiance of your smile causes the sun to blush. And the moon to dim in comparison."
Martin the Warrior
Rider of the Mark

Postby Lenne Linwe » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:04 pm

Watching as Martin bowed, Amara slowly went into a curtsy and smiled a little more while doing so. Hearing what he had said about her made her blush slightly. "Oh, my dear traveler... I highly doubt that my hospitality is anywhere proximal to legendary. But, I do quite appreciate you saying so. My father would have been very pleased to hear such words." She said to him and then waved her hand to him. "Come... You are most welcome here. Let us discuss room and board and a position of entertainment for you." She added and then looked around, finally seeing everyone staring at the both of them, almost in amusement. This just seemed to make Amara blush even more, but she giggled slightly. "Eat, drink and be merry, everyone!" She said happily and they all cheered. She got a big smile and looked back to Martin.

As she waited for Martin to accompany her to a table, she clasped her hands together in front of her and then looked around a bit. She loved the atmosphere of the Lavender Inn. It was always so cheerful and fun. She sighed happily and then looked back to him. "Would you care for some ale and bread?" She asked him, kindly.
Lenne Linwe
Shield Bearer

Postby Martin the Warrior » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:30 pm

From the moment he had entered the inn Martin had smelled the warm loaves baking in the oven. It was with a will that he answered her, "Oh, yes please." As he followed closely behind her, he started to compose a tune in his head about Amara. When he was finished it he might even sit down and sing it to her. For now though, he wished this moment might last forever.
Martin the Warrior
Rider of the Mark

Postby Lenne Linwe » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:34 pm

Amara heard what Martin said and then she slowly nodded to him, smiling still. "I'll get that for you right now. Have a seat at any table and relax. You deserve it." She said gently and then tucked some of her long brown hair behind her ear, showing a slightly pointed ear. She turned around and then started walking behind the counter. She got a pint and then poured some ale into it, which was straight from Hobbiton. She sighed happily and sat it down on the counter, before she got out a plate and placed the fresh bread on it. She grabbed both of the things and carried them over to Martin, still having a very graceful way about her no matter what she did. "Here you go, kind sir."
Lenne Linwe
Shield Bearer

Postby Martin the Warrior » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:37 am

Martin, took a sip of the ale, and then said, "My, this is the best of ever tasted! Is this all the way from the shire? The last time I had anything like this I was, visiting Hobbiton. Oh, such pleasent people as those hobbits." He then took the bread and broke off a piece, it was still warm from the oven. "I have not had bread like this in many a month, not since I bade my cousin the Elfin Lady Marine farewell at Rivendell."
Martin the Warrior
Rider of the Mark

Postby Lenne Linwe » Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:27 am

Amara smiled as she watched Martin fully enjoy himself with the ale and bread. She slowly sat down in the chair and relaxed a bit, having not sat down in a little while. "Aye, it is ale straight from the Shire. I know a few Hobbits there that share their ale with me. We're the best of friends." She said to him and then nodded her head a bit, while doing so.

Leaning back in her chair slightly, she rested her hands in her lap. She hadn't taken her eyes off of him yet. "Now, regarding your stay here... We could use an entertainer and I think that you would be perfect for the position. You won't be needing to pay for room and board. I provide that for you, along with food and drink. I will figure out how much to give you for time here." She said to him and got slightly excited about just thinking of him staying here longer.
Lenne Linwe
Shield Bearer

Postby Martin the Warrior » Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:00 pm

Martin smiled, took the his money pouch out and said, "Excellent, drinks all around on me!"

He then pulled out his flute and played a different tune than before something he wasn't quite sure what he should call it. In general he referred to it as the Hobbit and the Giant. As he played he danced around the room with each girl, saving Amara for his last dancer. He savored the dance with her, like a sweet treat.
Martin the Warrior
Rider of the Mark

Postby Lenne Linwe » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:13 pm

Amara watched as Martin placed the pouch of money on the table and smiled. She sighed happily and then slowly stood up from the table. She grabbed the pouch and took it with her, behind the counter. She grabbed a bunch of different pints and poured ale into each one of them. She knew that everyone was going to love Martin, while he was here. He seemed to be a very happy soul and that's exactly what they needed in the inn.

Looking up from putting the drinks together, Amara saw Martin dancing with each and every girl that was in the room. She laughed a bit and shook her head, before placing the drinks on a tray. She held them and started giving one to every person in the room, making each person very happy. They loved the ale there; including herself. She looked back to Martin, once her drinks were all gone, and watched him dance some more. She secretly hoped that he would ask her to dance, but she figured it wouldn't happen, so she sighed a bit. She slowly walked back towards the counter.
Lenne Linwe
Shield Bearer

Postby Martin the Warrior » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:30 pm

"Care for a dance?" Martin asked Amara. Secretly hoping she would say yes. But, before she could say yes, or no, he took her by the hand and started to sing a nonsense song he had heard.

"Hey dol! merry dol! ring a dong dillo!
Ring a dong! hop along! fal lal the willow!
Tom Bom, jolly Tom, Tom Bombadillo!

Hey! Come merry dol! derry dol! My darling!
Light goes the weather-wind and the feathered starling.
Down along under Hill, shining in the sunlight,
Waiting on the doorstep for the cold starlight,
There my pretty lady is, River-woman's daughter,
Slender as the willow-wand, clearer than the water.
Old Tom Bombadil water-lilies bringing
Comes hopping home again. Can you hear him singing?
Hey! Come merry dol! derry dol! and merry-o,
Goldberry, Goldberry, merry yellow berry-o!
Poor old Willow-man, you tuck your roots away!
Tom's in a hurry now. Evening will follow day.
Tom's going home home again water-lilies bringing.
Hey! come derry dol! Can you hear me singing?"
Martin the Warrior
Rider of the Mark

Postby Lenne Linwe » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:34 pm

Amara was a bit startled by Martin taking her hand so quickly, but she was so glad that he did. She set down the tray on a nearby table and then listened to him sing a song about old Tom Bombadil. She laughed as he sang to her and started dancing along with him. She was already having the time of her life and just didn't want the day to end.

Staying close to him, she started singing along with him, since she had heard of the song before. She was going to sing a song to him later on, but she had to pick the most perfect song that suited him. "You are quite energetic, dear Martin." She said, laughing still.
Lenne Linwe
Shield Bearer

Postby Martin the Warrior » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:48 pm

Amara had the prettiest singing voice that Martin had ever heard. He knew he would truly enjoy his time at the inn. Just as the dance was ending he wanted to draw her close to him, and kiss her.

She then said "You are quite energetic, dear Martin." And started to laugh.

"You are quite a dancer and singer, Amara," he replied.
Martin the Warrior
Rider of the Mark

Postby Lenne Linwe » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:53 pm

Amara smiled widely to Martin and shook her head slightly, giggling a bit. "Oh, pish posh, Martin. I barely get by with my singing and dancing. You, on the other hand, are quite musically inclined." She said to him and stopped dancing, when his singing ended. She noticed that she was close to him, when she looked up into his eyes, so she took a small step back from him. She didn't want to freak him out or anything of the like.

Clearing her throat, Amara tucked some of her brown hair behind her ear. She had a shy smile on her face, before looking down to the ground. She couldn't believe how quickly she was falling for this man. It was almost like he had placed a spell on her. She didn't know if she would be able to love someone. She had never done it before.
Lenne Linwe
Shield Bearer

Postby Martin the Warrior » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:21 pm

Martin lifted her chin, "Don't ever cut yourself, short, Amara" he then tucked his own hair away from his ear's showing their own slightly pointed selves. "We half-elves, have to stick together. No one else will."
Martin the Warrior
Rider of the Mark

Postby Lenne Linwe » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:32 pm

Amara looked back up into Martin's eyes, when he raised her chin. She got lost in his eyes for a few moments and then looked and saw his ears. Her own eyes widened a bit in surprise. "I knew there was something special about you..." She said to him softly, looking back into his eyes with a small smile on her lips. She thought for a moment and then rested her hand on his chest. "Just a moment... I want to play something for you." She added and then walked out of the room.

Moments later, she came out with a harp that she owned. She slowly got on a stool and propped up the harp in a position that she would be able to play from. She looked over to Martin and smiled shyly, before looking down to the strings on her harp. She took a deep, shaky breath and got ready to sing. She had never done so in front of so many people. She could feel all of their eyes on her and it was a little nerve-wrecking. So, she just decided to open her mouth and sing,

"With a sigh you turn away
With a deepening heart
No more words to say
You will find that the world
Has changed forever

And the trees are now turning
From green to gold
And the sun is now fading
I wish I could hold you closer."
Lenne Linwe
Shield Bearer

Postby Martin the Warrior » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:32 am

Martin listened to her song intently, as she sang the last word, he nodded to her to keep playing. As she started the song again he started to sing:

The light of our last meeting,
Will light your way,
And though the sun is diming
You will still find one ray
A ray of hope that will shine.

Dark will fly, swords fail,
Adventures come and go
Over hill and down dale
I’m searching high and low
For you, looking for your sign.

“My mother use to sing that song with my father. I was so young when they died. My cousin Marine she adopted me and for that we were both all but cast out of Rivendell. Ever since then we wandered from fair to fair, until finally she fell in love with an elfin lord Lithônion last year. Since then I've wandered alone, until at a fair at Edoras I heard of your inn. And since then I've wandered until I arrived here. That's basically the story of my life."
Martin the Warrior
Rider of the Mark

Postby Lenne Linwe » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:47 am

When the both of them had finished their singing, the crowd that had formed around them started clapping. She smiled shyly and then stood up from her chair, curtsying a bit. She then looked over to Martin, when he started speaking to her. Listening intently, she felt very badly for the poor man. Losing his parents, being basically exiled from his homeland and traveling all over by hisself. "Why did you go through such great lengths to find my inn?" She asked him curiously.

She had no idea what to expect from this man. The both of them had something in common. Neither one of them had parents anymore and their family wasn't around them. She slowly walked over to him and stood right in front of him, looking up into his eyes.
Lenne Linwe
Shield Bearer

Postby Martin the Warrior » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:56 am

Martin looked at her, and said, "I don't rightly know, all I know is that from the moment I heard of this place. I was drawn to it, as if by magic. Well whatever the reason here I am, and until I'm not needed here I'll stay." He then smiled at her disarmingly.
Martin the Warrior
Rider of the Mark

Postby Lenne Linwe » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:05 pm

Amara heard what else Martin said and smiled a little to him, looking over his face. "I think that you'll be needed here for a long time..." She said to him softly and then tilted her head a bit, to look at him a little better than before. She sighed happily and then gave him her best smile, before heading back over to her harp. She picked it up carefully and then grabbed her tray, that she had sat down on the table. She walked over to the counter and put it away, nibbling on her lower lip happily. She couldn't believe that all of this was happening in one day. It really made her happier than ever.

Once she was done putting her things away, she looked over to Martin again and felt like blushing again. Every single time she looked at him, she felt that way. She quickly looked down to the counter and started washing it off with a cloth.
Lenne Linwe
Shield Bearer

Postby Martin the Warrior » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:03 am

Martin sat down and began to play Beautiful Elanor again. He could see Amara's glances at him every so often. The inn was certainly the nicest he had ever stayed in. He looked at the shield over the fire place and had the curious feeling he had seen it before. He hoped no one had seen him staring at it. The whole experience had left him with a curious feeling.
Martin the Warrior
Rider of the Mark

Postby Lenne Linwe » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:11 pm

Amara looked over to a young elves that were brother and sister, seeing them eating some lembas bread and soup in the corner. They had come into the inn a fortnight ago, after having been separated from their parents. She grabbed two blankets from the back room and then slowly walked over to them, smiling warmly to them when they looked her way. "Neth hîni, mahn mah-thakh?" She asked the young ones in Elvish. They smiled a little to her and nodded. "Good..." They both said in unison. She nodded and ruffled their hair a bit. "You let me know if you need anything." She said to the both of them, before wrapping the blankets around their shoulders. She didn't want the poor dears to freeze, with how little fat they had on their bodies.

Slowly standing up straight again, Amara looked back over to Martin. She saw him looking at the shield and then smiled weakly. She nibbled on her lower lip, before walking over to the table at which he sat. She sat down in a chair and looked over the shield herself. "That shield was my great-grandfather's. When he was younger, he used to be quite close to King Thranduil himself." She said to him softly and then looked over to Martin.

(English Translation: Young children, how do you feel?)
Lenne Linwe
Shield Bearer

Postby Martin the Warrior » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:07 pm

"It's odd, I feel like I've seen this shield before somewhere. In my past, I can make out the image of it quite clearly... and then it's gone again..." Martin quickly changed the subject, "Tell me, what is there story," he nodded at the two elven children huddled together at the one table.
Martin the Warrior
Rider of the Mark

Postby Lenne Linwe » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:51 am

Amara listened to all that came from Martin's mouth and then heard him ask about the children. She sighed a bit and got more comfortable in her chair, nibbling on her lower lip while looking over to them. "They both came about a fortnight ago... They were bruised and quite filthy. They had lost their parents and hadn't any idea where they were. I do not quite know their land of upbringing, but I'm assuming either Rohan or somewhere in that region. They are not elves, nor Hobbits, nor dwarf. They are of man." She said to him and looked back to Martin, placing her hands in her lap. "They got attacked by orcs." She added and then shook her head slightly. She knew that the whole of Middle Earth was starting to become overrun by the orc kind and she wished that she knew how to stop it from progressing.

Shrugging her shoulders, she leaned against the back of the wooden chair that she was sitting on. "All I can do is be here for them and take care of them. I have never had children of my own, so I barely know how to do that." She said in a softy voice, looking down to her hands that were still in her lap.
Lenne Linwe
Shield Bearer

Next

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)