Lavender Hill Inn ::UPDATED NOVEMBER 2010::

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

Postby Martin the Warrior » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:00 pm

"Here," Martin reached into his cloak and removed a handkerchief from a hidden pocket which he promptly handed to her.

Martin then went over to the table pulled out of another pocket some candy he always had stashed for moments like this. He gave each one a piece, and said, "May the light of the Varda, shine always upon you."

Then walked back to Amara, "Your doing a fine job."
Martin the Warrior
Rider of the Mark

Postby Lenne Linwe » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:36 pm

Amara gently took the hankerchief from Martin and then gently dabbed it over the few tears that escaped from her eyes. She took a deep breath and watched as Martin walked over to the two children, handing them some candy. She smiled a little at the sight of their faces lighting up and then sniffled a bit.

When he walked back, she sat up a little straighter and smiled a little more, at what he said to her. "Thank you... I am trying my hardest to make sure that they are properly taken care of." She said to him softly and nibbled on her lower lip a bit, before letting go of it. She took a deep breath, tucking some hair behind her ear. "I just hope that they will be able to find their parents someday." She added softly, looking to him.
Lenne Linwe
Shield Bearer

Location: In the Lavender Inn, taking care of anyone in need of healing.

Postby Martin the Warrior » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:30 am

"They will, it won't be long I'm sure until they come," He looked back over at the two. "Those two are going to grow up to be great leaders some day," he said under his breath. "You know what I think we could do with another dance." Martin began playing another song, this one he called Assurance and Affluence although it was an old song, and really had no title to it. But it was a favorite often of one and old alike.
Martin the Warrior
Rider of the Mark

Postby Lenne Linwe » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:19 pm

Amara nodded to all that Martin said to her and then heard him start to play another song. She smiled a little and then slowly stood up from her spot which she had been sitting in previously. She took a deep breath and then held onto his hankerchief, so that she could wash it for him and then return it later on.

Closing her eyes for a few moments, she smiled a little more, fully enjoying the music that was being played. She had always been a fan of music and knew that she always would be. She slowly looked to him and then motioned for him to follow her. "Come... I wish to show you something." She said to him softly and then slowly started walking out of the room.
Lenne Linwe
Shield Bearer

Postby Martin the Warrior » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:46 pm

Martin followed closely behind Amara, wondering what curiosity she had to show him. Martin knew it was something important, he did have the gift of from time to time knowing what was going to happen would happen it was one of the things his elven half gave him, it was his human half that kept him from sharing it most of the time. "That shield back over the fireplace is going to have something important." He thought back to the symbols around the edge of the shield. "What message could they hold?" He thought. He'd have to discover that soon. And he kept his ponderings to himself.
Martin the Warrior
Rider of the Mark

Postby Lenne Linwe » Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:10 pm

Amara walked slowly through different corridors and rooms to get to the very back of the inn. The place that no one else had ever gone before. She looked over her shoulder to him, while placing her hand on a large iron handle on a wooden door. "What I am about to show you, no one else has ever seen." She said to him softly and then nodded her head once to him, as if for some type of back up to what she had said.

Pushing the door open, she revealed to Martin a beautiful landscaped courtyard with a huge tree in the middle that had carvings in it that glowed. Beneath was a tombstone where her father had been buried and along the side of the tree was a large pond with many fish inside. The whole area had an alluring look to it, with a glow that was quite inexplicable. She stepped out onto the grass and looked over to Martin again. "My father called this the 'Bein Lond'."

(T: Beautiful Haven)
Lenne Linwe
Shield Bearer

Postby Martin the Warrior » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:23 pm

Martin gasped in awe of what he saw, "This is indeed a beautiful haven, Amara." He went over to the pond, "Your father was a very wise man, this is a very beautiful spot." With that he impetuously said under his breath, "But not as beautiful as you." He looked at the carvings in the tree and said, "I've seen these, before, I can show you,"

Martin pulled out a small leather bound book from his sack, "This it is said, belonged to my elven Mother Aranel," he then flicked through pages until he found the one he desired to show her then handed her the book carefully.

(T: Princess)
Martin the Warrior
Rider of the Mark

Postby Lenne Linwe » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:36 pm

Amara watched Martin closely and saw the leather-bound book that he had pulled out. "I can not believe this... I have only heard of this book in tales that my father told me as a child. My mother disappeared when I was a baby and never appeared again. She was the one that told my father of her past and elven history. He ended up telling me all about it." She said to Martin softly and then looked up into his eyes, staring into them for a bit. She then took a deep breath and looked back down to the book.

Swallowing hard, she ran her fingers down the old pages slowly. "This book is beautiful, just from looking at it." She said softly, almost to himself. She took a deep breath and then slowly closed her eyes for a few moments, feeling a strange sort of energy because of just touching it.
Lenne Linwe
Shield Bearer

Postby Martin the Warrior » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:51 pm

"I wish I knew more about it," Martin half said/half whispered. There was a sort electricity in the room that the slightest sound could cause to come crashing down. "All I know is after my parent's death my cousin Marine, well actually her name is Amariel but when I was little it always turned to Marine, all I know is that she found it."

"If you don't my asking what was your Mother's name?" Martin asked patiently.

(T: Earthy)
Martin the Warrior
Rider of the Mark

Postby Lenne Linwe » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:00 pm

Amara took a deep breath, when Martin asked her for her mother's name. She barely remembered a thing about her. She wished that she knew more. "Her name was Manwameldiel... My father told me that she was the most beautiful elf that he had ever laid eyes on. He knew from the moment he saw her that he wanted to be with her for the rest of his life..." She said softly, biting her lower lip hard. She slowly looked over to her father's grave and felt her heart become heavy.

Shaking her head slightly, she looked back to Martin and smiled weakly to him. "I hope to someday find a man that treats me as great as my father treated my mother." She said lightly and looked into his eyes again.

(T: Pure-beloved.)
Lenne Linwe
Shield Bearer

Postby Martin the Warrior » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:20 pm

Martin listened intently, Manwamediel, that name seemed somehow really quite familiar to him. More than ever he wished he hadn't been only four at the time of his parent's untimely death. He wished he knew more, "if only Marine hadn't gotten married, if only she could have been there then. She'd know, she'd been old enough at the time," he thought to himself which he shook out almost immediately.

Then when she told about what sort of man her father had been he thought, "I want to be that man," but he looked deeply into her eyes and said, "Remember the shield over the fire place, look at this page, he then quickly flipped through the book, "Here it is, only look around the edges, there are no runes!" He then looked straight at her, "Those runes must be important some how. Right?"
Martin the Warrior
Rider of the Mark

Postby Lenne Linwe » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:24 pm

Amara got snapped out of her trance, as soon as Martin showed her the shield in the book that looked exactly like the one that was hanging over the fireplace. Her eyes widened a bit and then she stared at it. "What on earth? There are supposed to be runes?" She asked, sounding quite astonished. She took the book from him and looked closer at the picture.

She quickly looked back up to him and smiled a little. "We have to find these runes." She said to him softly and pointed to them, seeming quite eager for an adventure. She had never been on one, but luckily, she had secret skills with certain weapons. She bit her lower lip and looked over his face.
Lenne Linwe
Shield Bearer

Postby Martin the Warrior » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:46 pm

Martin looked at her and said, "This is the easest way to explain runes, runes is a written language mainly used by dwarfs, however it can also be used by for the most part high elves. There are books and maps covered in them. Hopefully these are the dwarven kind or at least in the style of the dwarves as the Elves of Elder days used."

"Come let's find out shall we?"
Martin the Warrior
Rider of the Mark

Postby Lenne Linwe » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:52 pm

Amara listened to all that Martin said and smiled more to him, nodding. "I believe we shall go and find out. We'll start our journey tomorrow at sunrise." She said to him softly and then tucked some hair behind her ear. She looked over the page and then nodded again. "Sounds good to me." She said to him softly and then placed her hands in front of her.

She was really excited for the adventure that lay ahead of them. She didn't know what was in store for them, but she knew that she was prepared for it. She knew that THEY were prepared for it. She would take care of him and he would take care of her. She trusted him.
Lenne Linwe
Shield Bearer

Postby Martin the Warrior » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:42 am

"Yes, you are right, for now though, I had better get back to playing for the guests." He looked at her and smiled, she was exactly everything he had hoped she would be like. He trusted her fully, and he could tell she trusted him.

As she led the way back to the common room, he hoped everything would go well. Another thought came to him, "If they had to leave the inn, who would take care of it until they came back." He pushed that thought as far away as he could, he really hoped that that would not come to be.
Martin the Warrior
Rider of the Mark

Postby Lenne Linwe » Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:26 am

Lenne nodded in agreement to all that Martin said to her and then slowly looked over to her father's grave, knowing that it was time for her to go. She rarely went out to see him anymore and knew that it was bad. She took a deep breath and slowly walked over to his tombstone, kissing her fingers and then pressed her fingers against his name on the slab of concrete. "Le melon, Ada." She whispered softly to him and then bit her lower lip hard, before slowly walking back over to Martin.

Once going back to the main hall, inside of the Lavender Inn, she knew that he needed to get back to entertaining the guests. It was starting to become quite late though, so some of them had already retired. She usually stayed up late as well, but she needed to get some of her sleep for the next day. She was starting to grow worrisome of the whole ordeal involving someone to watch the inn for the time that she and Martin were gone. She also needed someone to watch the two children, definitely. Then, someone instantly clicked in her head. Her best friend, Lenne. She smiled a bit and then looked to Martin. "I believe that it is time for me to get some rest and pack my things. We need to be prepared by sunrise tomorrow." She spoke softly to him and nodded once.

(T: I love you, Father.)
Lenne Linwe
Shield Bearer

Postby Martin the Warrior » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:13 pm

Martin, after playing and singing and in general making everyone happy, retired to his chamber. It was a nice sized room, and had a general airy feel to it. The large window over the bed looked out onto the front courtyard. Slowly he took off his sword, and laid it next to the bed. Logic, had taught him a long time ago, no matter how friendly the inn seemed, always having a weapon on hand, in case of robbers. Martin thought about the runes on the shield downstairs long into the night, until he had drifted into a deep sleep.

The next morning he got up early and went downstairs, it was still so early that it was still dark out. He slipped out the front door, walked till he was just out of ear shot took out his flute and played a mornful tune. It had been his custom to do this in rememberance of his parents as long as he could remember. It was a short sweet melody to awaken the day, and put to rest the dark dreams of the night. Foolish he knew, and he never did it if he knew he was in bad country. He then when he was through just as the sun started to peak and warm the earth he walked back inside.

(OOC: Sorry I was too busy to get online yesterday, hopefully that will not happen again for a long time.)
Martin the Warrior
Rider of the Mark

Postby Lenne Linwe » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:37 pm

Amara decided that she was going to get an early start to her day the next day, so she went to bed as soon as she entered her room and got dressed. She was going to get all of her belongings together and visit her friend as soon as she got everything prepared. It was going to be a long journey to find the lost runes for her great-grandfather's shield.

Slowly opening her eyes, Amara sat up straight in her spot and looked around a bit, rubbing her eyes. She took a deep breath and then got out of bed, quickly changing into some tight leather pants and a form-fitting tunic. She fixed her hair a bit and then pulled on some light knee-high boots, grabbing a leather belt that had a sheath on it. She walked over to a large chest that had her father and some of her mother's belongings within it and then opened it up. Her eyes fell on a beautiful sword, a bow with a quiver of arrows and some knives. She stocked herself up and then grabbed a bag, shoving food, clothes and blankets into it.

Leaving her room, the sun was finally coming up and she looked out the window, seeing Martin come back inside. She slowly walked out of the inn and went over to him, curtsying a bit as a "hello". "I am going to visit my friend quickly, to ask her to watch over the inn." She said softly.

(OOC: It's okay, hun!!! I understand perfectly.)
Lenne Linwe
Shield Bearer

Postby Martin the Warrior » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:46 pm

Martin nodded at Amara, and said, "Sure, I'll be ready to leave when you are." He then continued up to his room.

Taking just about all the wood stored by his fire place, he tossed it in. Then when the coals were blistering hot he put his sword blade in. Just as the metal was beginning to to turn red he plunged it into the basin in his room. He then rubbed the blade whispering all the names of elven kings and warriors he had ever heard of. Then when the sword had sufficently cooled leaving it with a burnished edge he placed it back into his sheath. He then gathered the sack that virtually held everything he owned and went downstairs to await Amara's return.
Martin the Warrior
Rider of the Mark

Postby Lenne Linwe » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:56 pm

Leaving for her friend's home, Amara spent a good twenty minutes to get there and make sure that everything was set to go, before heading back to the inn. She slowly walked back inside and saw Martin standing there waiting for her. She smiled a little to him and nodded a bit to him. "Are you ready?" She asked him softly and looked over his face a bit, taking a deep breath. She was prepared for the long road ahead of them.

Slowly walking over to the shield, she pulled it off of the wall and then held onto it tightly, keeping it in her hand. She walked back over to him and stood beside him, looking around the inn a bit, biting her lower lip.
Lenne Linwe
Shield Bearer

Postby Martin the Warrior » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:41 pm

"It's okay to be scared, I remember when I was younger running into a hobbit who said,'It's a dangerous business, Martin, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.' He was right of course, but it will be fine." Martin hoped that she did not hear the slight tinge of regret in his voice at having to leave.

"So, where should we go first?" He asked.
Martin the Warrior
Rider of the Mark

Postby Martin the Warrior » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:42 pm

(OOC: Sorry double posted by accident.)
Martin the Warrior
Rider of the Mark

Postby Lenne Linwe » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:48 pm

Hearing the quote that Martin spoke to her sounded very familiar, but she decided not to get too far into it. She was definitely scared, but she knew that she would be safe, as long as he was around. She took a shaky breath and gave a death grip to the shield. "We must pass through Rivendell and Bree, to head to The Shire. There is someone that we must speak with before our full travels." She said to him softly, before readjusting the strap on her quiver for her arrows.

Nodding once, she accepted that she had to leave the inn, so she then slowly walked out of it and didn't look back once. She wasn't going to. It would just make things way harder on herself.
Lenne Linwe
Shield Bearer

Postby Martin the Warrior » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:01 am

Martin, nodded encouragingly to her. He thought of the last time he had seen Rivendell, he had been either nine or ten. The rememberance was not a very nice one. He had wandered near Rivendell a number of times, each time he stopped short just before he entered the hidden valley. But then may be one of his relatives who still lived there might help them.

He then reached into his pack and pulled out a cloak, "Here, put this on, it's about your size. It belonged to Marine, it some how, accidentally got into my bag just before her wedding. Trust me you will need it, especially through the Misty Mountain's."
Martin the Warrior
Rider of the Mark

Postby Lenne Linwe » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:02 pm

Amara slowly stopped walking, when she heard what Martin said to her. She looked over to him and saw a beautifully made cloak that had a little wear and tear to it, but it was still gorgeous to her. She smiled a bit and carefully took it within her soft hands, feeling the fabric beneath her fingertips. "Thank you..." She said to him softly and then slowly put it on her body, having it fit perfectly. She smiled more and looked up to him, nodding. "Perfect fit." She said with a small giggle, before starting to walk again.

Continuing down the dirt path and out from beneath the shade of the large trees of Mirkwood, Amara started reciting a poem that she had heard long ago,
"The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say."
She finished speaking and then sighed happily, staring ahead of them, while looking around slowly. Her pointed ears perked up a bit, every time she heard something around them, but she knew that it was something innocent. Nothing harmful was around them... Yet.
Lenne Linwe
Shield Bearer

Postby Martin the Warrior » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:14 am

Martin, started to recite the third verse of the poem Amara was reciting, when he heard something behind him. "Get down," he hastily whispered, then looked back. There standing behind them was the fabled white stag! He then looked over and whispered, "It's good fortune to see the stag, it is said, that if when you see it, if you make a wish, it will come true. It's also why it is fiercely hunted by the Elven folk of Mirkwood. I'm sure that living so close to Mirkwood, you have heard the tale though. So let's both make a wish and hopefully it'll come true." He then made the wish with all his heart that they would find the runes, and that at the end of the quest, when it was all over that he'd have the nerve to ask Amara to marry him.
Martin the Warrior
Rider of the Mark

Postby Lenne Linwe » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:36 am

Once Amara was finished reciting the poem, she had heard something as well, but Martin was the first to say something about it. She hurried and got down like he said for her to do and then looked over, seeing the beautiful white stag! Her eyes widened at the sight of it and her mouth opened slightly. Yes, she had heard many tales of the creature before, but never had she seen it with her own two eyes.

Smiling widely, she listened to what Martin said and then nodded, before closing her eyes to make a wish. She wished with all her heart and soul for the strength to make it through the journey they were about to go on. And wished that something great would happen in her life at the end of the road. She slowly opened her eyes and then the stag had disappeared. She bit her lower lip and looked almost disappointed.
Lenne Linwe
Shield Bearer

Postby Martin the Warrior » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:50 am

"Come, we have far to go and the day is still, young." Martin said, reaching out his hand to help Amara up. He then pulled out the old weather beaten map he had always had. "Do you think it would be safer to go around Mirkwood along the edges, or go through the forest?" Martin thought of the last time he had been in Mirkwood, and how he nearly had gotten into some of the spider's webs, and how, he had nearly not escaped. The memory had prevented him from going through Mirkwood on the way to the Lavendar Inn.
Martin the Warrior
Rider of the Mark

Postby Lenne Linwe » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:56 am

Amara slowly got back up to her feet with Martin's help and then looked around slowly, as if she would find the white stag again. But, it was nowhere to be seen. She then heard Martin's question and looked back to him. "I would say to go around the edges of Mirkwood, because they have the most ferocious spiders I have ever seen in my life." She said to Martin softly and smiled a little. She looked down to the map that he was holding in his hands and let her blue eyes scan over it slowly. It was a very nice map, but it definitely looked like it had been used a lot.

Pointing to where they should start going on the map for Martin, Amara started to slowly walk in the right direction. She held onto her shield tightly still and then looked around, enjoying all of the beautiful scenery that was around the both of them. It was a great day for walking outside. But, it was always a great day around Mirkwood.
Lenne Linwe
Shield Bearer

Postby Martin the Warrior » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:23 am

Martin felt the breeze in the air, and the warmth of the sun. It was a great day to be alive. He felt in tune and one with all nature and the Valar. He began to sing:

Nature, sweetest sound,
Nature, you're all around.
Leaves, falling softly,
Trees, you call loudly.

Nature, sweetest sound,
Flowers, coloured rainbow,
Petals, bend your ears low.

Nature, sweetest sound,
Nature, sweetest sound,
Nature, you're all around!

Martin wasn't sure what had come over him, but he had to sing, it was the only thing to do.
Martin the Warrior
Rider of the Mark

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)