Lavender Hill Inn ::UPDATED NOVEMBER 2010::

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

Postby Lenne Linwe » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:45 pm

Amara continued looking around the area, until she heard the voice of Laurina come out of nowhere. She looked over to her and smiled a bit, before looking to Martin and seeing his hand outstretched to her. She looked over his hand a bit and then slowly placed her hand inside his. "We shall." She said to him softly and smiled a little more, before slowly starting to walk back up the pathway.

Making it inside, she could smell something quite delicious in the dining area, so she was overly excited to get the dinner process started.
Lenne Linwe
Shield Bearer

Location: In the Lavender Inn, taking care of anyone in need of healing.

Postby Martin the Warrior » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:07 am

Laurina had done, better than Martin, ever remembered. Before the meal began she asked Martin to say something.

"Erulissë nuin hwesta, nor. Ambar en gwaith, en mellon, man herves, er..." Martin's faced blushed he had meant to say life, but he had said wife, "er..." he couldn't remember the exact word, "er... life! Let's eat, everyone."

Martin hoped that no one noticed that he was blushing still through out the entire meal.

(T. Grace beneath the breeze above. Fate of people, of friends, good wife...
Martin the Warrior
Rider of the Mark

Postby Lenne Linwe » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:16 pm

Amara smirked a bit to what Martin said and watched him closely, but hid the smirk, so he wouldn't get more embarrassed. She could see the slight difference in color on his cheeks and thought he looked so adorable. She looked down to her food and then started eating some of it slowly.

Once she was finished, she sighed happily; being completely full. Leaning back against the chair, she looked over to Laurina. "Dinner was delicious. Thank you, Laurina." She said softly and nodded a bit, before standing up. She was going to clean the dishes for them all.
Lenne Linwe
Shield Bearer

Postby Martin the Warrior » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:58 pm

Martin ate each dish with relish, so many things he'd forgotten he had liked as a child. It was all new and exciting, when the meal was over automatically he went out to the spring grabbing a bucket for the water Laurina would need to wash the dishes. He smiled at how when he had left he could barely lift the bucket, now it was like carrying a feather. When he arrived back inside, he noticed the smile was gone from Laurina.

"Martin, I'm afraid there is some bad news I have to tell you. While you were outside, one of the officials from the town, a man named Hûgoth, came. Apparently you and Amara, have to leave in the morning. Remember it's not my idea, I would love to have you to stay here forever. But the elves have already started to forget that our Lord is also half-elven. Some how they see you two as a threat. Know this though, at first they would have thrown you out right away."

Martin stood there shocked, it was happening again.
Martin the Warrior
Rider of the Mark

Postby Lenne Linwe » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:25 pm

Lenne gathered up all of the dishes off of the table, as Martin and Laurina went outside to fetch some water. She would let them have their time together, leaving a pile of the dishes on the table, taking a deep breath. She looked down to her necklace again and then ran her finger over it slowly, smiling a little. This would be the closest she would ever get to being near her mother. This would be the only thing that she would have to remember her by.

Shaking her head to clear her thoughts, she slowly placed the dishes in her arms again; carrying them out to where Martin and Laurina were. She then saw the both of them and how serious they had become. "What is going on?" She asked them both, seeming quite curious.
Lenne Linwe
Shield Bearer

Postby Martin the Warrior » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:33 pm

Laurina looked at Amara sadly, "I've got to go get some things together."

Martin went over and put his hand on Amara's shoulder and explained everything Laurina had said to him. "It's happening again, this is what I was scared of happening. Why can't they just except it, it's not like I chose to be a half-elf." He then turned his back to her to keep his tears from showing. "Why are they so cruel?"
Martin the Warrior
Rider of the Mark

Postby Lenne Linwe » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:39 pm

Amara swallowed hard and watched as Laurina left to go inside of the house, biting her lower lip. She then looked back to Martin and saw how upset he looked, while he explained to her what was going on. She sighed deeply and then made him stop from turning away from her. She knew that men did not like to show their emotions, but she did not care if he cried in front of her. She needed to be a good support system for him.

"None of this is your fault. This is just the example shown that we have a flawed system, Martin. Everything is going to be okay. Hebo estel, Martin." She whispered the last part in his ear and then rested her hand on his shoulder, looking over his face slowly.

(T: Have hope.)
Lenne Linwe
Shield Bearer

Postby Martin the Warrior » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:45 pm

Martin wished they could have stayed that way forever, however it was not meant to be.

The two stood there that way until Laurina walked back into the room. "I've managed to get two horses, for you to ride to wherever you are going. As well as I've gotten enough supplies to last you at least a couple days. I'm sorry that I was not able to get you more. By the way where are you going?"
Martin the Warrior
Rider of the Mark

Postby Lenne Linwe » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:51 pm

Amara took a deep breath and then looked over to Laurina, when she came back. She heard all that she said and then smiled a little to her. "Whatever you can give is highly appreciated. Gen hannon." She said softly and then looked to Martin, trying her hardest to stay strong for him. She knew that he needed all of the support that he could get, so she was going to do that for him.

Looking over to Laurina when she spoke again, Amara sighed at the question. "We are heading to Hobbiton. There is someone there that I wish to speak with... We are on a quest." She said to her softly and then nodded a bit.

(T: I thank you.)
Lenne Linwe
Shield Bearer

Postby Martin the Warrior » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:04 pm

Laurina nodded in appreciation, "I figured as much, it is late, I am sure you to are very tired. Martin, I'm sure you still remember the way."

"Yes, yes, I still do." Martin replied and started to go upstairs. But then he turned around and said, "No, I'm not going to bed, I think I'll stay up and do some research, and there is some where I need to go."

Laurina looked at him, and said, "Alright try not to stay up late, Amara, follow me I'll take you to your room."

With that Martin got up and left the house. He walked a little ways until he came to a double grave. It was his parents, he cleaned off the dust off the grave, it had been so long since he had been there. He then pulled out his flute and played the Song of the Sunrise for them. Then walked back to Laurina's and into the library, were he was found asleep on a number of the books the next morning. Specifically with a book on elven runes in his lap and a burnt out candle beside him.

(OOC: I edited because I wasn't happy with the original post.)
Martin the Warrior
Rider of the Mark

Postby Lenne Linwe » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:11 am

Amara spent the whole night, sitting outside in the backyard praying, wishing and hoping for safe travels. She also knew that Martin needed his time alone, so she stayed away from him for a while. She would be spending a lot of time with him anyway. It was going to be a long journey and after today's happenings, it was only verified more.

After finishing her prayer, she slowly laid down under one of the trees and curled up into a ball tiredly. She closed her eyes and yawned a bit, before falling into a deep sleep. She would need all the sleep that she could get.
Lenne Linwe
Shield Bearer

Postby Martin the Warrior » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:30 am

Laurina refused to sleep while there was work to be done. Oh, sure she had gone to bed. But she never even got into bed, instead she began gathering anything that she thought that they might need. Things like food, blankets, tinder boxes, etc... She looked outside and saw Amara fast asleep and took a blanket out to her. Quietly she slipped it over her.

Just before dawn she went over to the neightbor's and bought two horses. One was gray stallion the other was a palomino mare. Then went and fixed a traditional breakfast.
Martin the Warrior
Rider of the Mark

Postby Lenne Linwe » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:28 pm

Amara's dreams had been filled with horrific images, throughout her whole sleep. She stayed asleep for the whole entire night, not waking up once. She hadn't even felt Laurina put the blanket over her. For now, it was just a battle between her and the fears that overcame her thoughts.

After a long night, Amara woke up with one ray of light shining down on her through the thick trees above. She groaned a bit and stretched her arms tiredly, yawning while doing so. She sat up in her spot and looked around with groggy eyes.
Lenne Linwe
Shield Bearer

Postby Martin the Warrior » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:54 pm

Martin awoke to Laurina shaking him awake, he looked down at the page he had only had read a few pages in it. Yawning he said, "Morning already."

"Yes, breakfast is ready, why don't you go outside and get Amara," Laurina said.

"Sure," with that Martin got up and went outside, taking the book with him.

Martin soon came upon her rubbing her eyes awake. "Amara, good morning, Laurina says that breakfast is ready after which we will have to prepare to leave."
Martin the Warrior
Rider of the Mark

Postby Lenne Linwe » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:06 am

Amara yawned once more, before she heard Martin come outside. She looked over to him and listened to what he had to say. She nodded to him slightly and then slowly stood up in her spot, dusting some dirt off of her clothes. She grabbed the blanket that Laurina had placed over her and folded it up, as well.

Taking a deep breath, Amara prepared herself for the journey ahead. She had no idea what to expect, so it was like walking a path while blindfolded. She bit her lower lip slightly and looked over Martin's face. "Am I the only one that fears what may lie ahead?" She asked him curiously, not really sounding like she was scared.
Lenne Linwe
Shield Bearer

Postby Martin the Warrior » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:37 am

"No, it's perfectly natural to be scared," Martin said reassuringly, "I remember the last time I left here, but I remember what my cousin said to reassure me. 'Mart' that's what she calls me by, she said, 'Mart, it's a scary world outside this valley, but I want to remind you I'm here, and will help you all I can. We can do this, you and I.' And now I'm extending this to you Amara. We can do this, it's you and I, and I don't care if all the world is against us. Even if my distant (very distant) cousin Leg of Lamb, er... whoops Legolas tries to break us up. As to the Leg of lamb comment, that's a joke that Marine and I came up with, when I was little. We would never though say it to his face."

"What's keeping you guys, breakfast is getting cold," Laurina said stepping out of the shadows. "Come on, after breakfast I have a suprise to show you."
Martin the Warrior
Rider of the Mark

Postby Lenne Linwe » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:56 am

Amara listened to all that Martin said to her and took a deep breath, nodding a little while smiling. "I did not know that you were related to Prince Legolas." She said to him softly and then nibbled on her lower lip, tilting her head to the side a bit, curiously. "So, does that put you in line for royalty as well?" She added, wanting to know more about him.

Just when she was getting interested though, Laurina came out and reminded them about breakfast. She nodded and smiled a little more, starting to slowly walk inside the house. She was pretty hungry at that point, so food sounded great to her.
Lenne Linwe
Shield Bearer

Postby Martin the Warrior » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:05 pm

Martin as he followed Laurina said, "I'm not really closely related to Legolas, he's kind of a cousin, of a cousin, of a cousin. It's kind of hard to explain, he's more or less related to Marine, and not to me."
Martin the Warrior
Rider of the Mark

Postby Lenne Linwe » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:22 pm

Amara slowly nodded to what Martin said and then smiled a little to him. "That's very interesting." She said to him and then looked ahead, walking into the house. She had always wondered what Prince Legolas was like. Was he a tyrant? Was he the best person to hang out with? She just wanted to know what it was like to be royalty, since she had always been on the poor side.

Going to the dining area, she slowly sat down in a chair and looked over the food with hungry eyes. "This looks magnificent, Laurina." She said to him softly and leaned back into the chair comfortably.
Lenne Linwe
Shield Bearer

Postby Martin the Warrior » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:43 pm

Laurina said, "Go ahead sit, eat, enjoy. I've already eaten, besides, I've got a couple of things I have to get done." With that she left the room and began packing up the supplies that she had gathered in the night. Hoping that they would find what they were searching for.

Meanwhile in the dining room...

"If Laurina says go ahead and eat, she means it. If you ask I'm sure she'd give you any recipe, if there's anything you would like to take back as something new for the inn. Not that the inn needs anything new, it just might be fun to as on our travels to gather recipe's. Then when we get back cook them for the inn's guests." Martin said this, not meaning to sound like he thought her cooking was horrible, rather just the opposite, he loved her cooking. He just thought it might be fun for her to find new recipes on their journey.
Martin the Warrior
Rider of the Mark

Postby Lenne Linwe » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:13 pm

Amara watched as Laurina left the dining room and then looked over to Martin, as he started speaking. She laughed a bit, as he somewhat fumbled over his words, trying to get them out right. She shook her head and watched him closer, while eating a little bit of the food. "That sounds like a splendid idea, Martin." She said to him softly, thinking more into the whole thing. How many visitors of the inn would love the new recipes? She would have to wait and see.

Finishing her food a little while later, wiped her mouth with a small cloth and then stood up from her seat. "That was delectable." She said softly and then started cleaning up the table, gathering the dishes in a pile in her arms.
Lenne Linwe
Shield Bearer

Postby Martin the Warrior » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:11 pm

Laurina, called, "Come out front you two, I have something to show you."

Martin while picking up a nearby platter, "What do you think the suprise is that she's been working on?" he asked. "She's up to something, she never ever leaves guests unless she can help it. I guess there's only one way to figure it out, and that's to go see what she's done."
Martin the Warrior
Rider of the Mark

Postby Lenne Linwe » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:46 pm

Amara heard Laurina, as she continued gathering dishes and smiled a bit. She looked over to Martin, once he spoke to her and then nodded in agreement. "Let us go see." She said to him softly, placing the dishes back down onto the table. She took his hand in her own and then hurried out of the dining room and then out the door, toward where she had heard Laurina's voice. She was quite excited to find out what the surprise was.
Lenne Linwe
Shield Bearer

Postby Martin the Warrior » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:13 pm

Once outside, they saw two horses fully loaded with everything and anything they would need.

"I hope you don't mind that I got these two ready for you to go. I know that you have to leave today and well, I figured that you would want to go speedily forward on your journey to the Shire. The grey stallion is called Mithroch, and the palomino mare is Baran. They should suit you well on our journey. Now then is there anything that you might need before you will be on your way, say it and it is yours."

Martin, spoke up right away, "The book of runes, I think it will be quite valuable to us, won't it Amara?"
Martin the Warrior
Rider of the Mark

Postby Lenne Linwe » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:00 pm

(OOC: AHHHHH! I am so sorry, that it took me so long to reply!!! I've been having a lot of things going on in RL. My grandpa has been going through cancer, so I went to Northern California to visit him. I'm back now, though!)

Amara walked outside with Laurina and Martin and saw the two horses, smiling widely to the beauty that radiated off of them. She sighed happily and then slowly walked closer to the two of them. "Mára aurë..." She whispered to the horses, as she gently petted their manes. They were elegant and graceful. Not many other creatures of the land could be described as that.

Just then, she heard Laurina and Martin speak. She slowly looked back to them and nodded in agreement with Martin. "Indeed. May we use the Book of Runes?" She asked Laurina softly, hoping that they would be able to. It would help them out immensely.

(T: Hello.)
Lenne Linwe
Shield Bearer

Postby Martin the Warrior » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:27 am

(OOC: Of course it's fine, I hope your Grandpa feels better.)

"Of course you may, I wish that I could offer more, other than that I will visit you sometime at the inn," Laurina said.

"Grandmother you have done more than I could ever have dared to ask. These two should be of emmense help to us," Martin, went over and then petted them.
Martin the Warrior
Rider of the Mark

Postby Lenne Linwe » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:43 pm

(OOC: I think that he's doing a little better than before.)

Amara watched Martin for a bit and then smiled a little, before looking back to Laurina. "I thank you so much, for all that you've done to help us on our short visit." She said to her kindly and then curtsied a little, in respect. She then placed her hand back on the side of Baran's mane, watching him ever so closely. It was almost as if she felt a electric connection with him. She smiled a little more and then looked down to the ground.

While waiting patiently for Laurina and Martin to say their goodbyes, Amara looked over the horse's bare back, wondering to herself how long it had been since she had actually ridden a horse. She bit her lower lip and looked over the height of the beautiful creature. 'This could be problematic...' She thought to herself and knitted her brows together.
Lenne Linwe
Shield Bearer

Postby Martin the Warrior » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:42 pm

Martin looked over at Amara and could almost guess what she was thinking, it had been something he himself worried over. He had wondered if she would be able to ride, he wasn't worried himself he could handle it. "Amara, why don't you come over and pet Baran, you'll find her most tame."
Martin the Warrior
Rider of the Mark

Postby Lenne Linwe » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:42 pm

Amara blushed slightly at the fact that she was completely an open book to Martin and then quickly nodded to him. She slowly started petting Baran and looked over her long and slender face lovingly. She kissed her nose lightly and then walked along her side, running her hand down the horse's bare back. "She's perfect..." She said to Martin and hoped that, by now, her blush was completely gone, so that he wouldn't see it.

In a swift movement, Amara was on the back of Baran and looked as graceful with doing it as a full-blooded elf would. She sighed happily, knowing that she had defeated her previous fear of not being able to get up. She looked down to Martin with a big smile on her face.
Lenne Linwe
Shield Bearer

Postby Martin the Warrior » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:39 pm

Martin gazed up at Amara smiling, then walked over to Laurina, shook her hand, and said, "Thanks once again, I'm afraid it's time for us to leave. I would have hoped to stay longer, but I don't want you to get in trouble from the city officials."

"I hope to visit the inn in the near future, so you're not free of me entirely. Good bye," she then grabbed him in a hug. She then went over to Amara and reached up and gave her a hug as well. While Martin got up on Mithroch.
Martin the Warrior
Rider of the Mark

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)