OOC Thread for The Lavender Inn RPG

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

OOC Thread for The Lavender Inn RPG

Postby Lenne Linwe » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:55 am

~**UPDATED NOVEMBER 24TH OF 2010**~

We are needing some occupations to be filled within the inn. So, for your benefit, I am going to list the jobs that we are in dire need of and also give a brief summary of what is expected for this occupation. Plus, I need to discuss on here the rules of the RPG.

Occupations:
The Greeter: Generally, the one who is "The Greeter" stays in the main hall and greets any new traveler/visitor with a smile, a handshake and/or pat on the back and a great big "WELCOME TO LAVENDER INN!".
The Cook: The cook does exactly what his/her name says. They cook. Luckily, being the cook, the player can not get stuck with interaction due to being all the way in the back of the kitchen, while slaving away over a hot... Fire and pot. O.o There will ALWAYS be interaction for the player there.
The Waiters/Waitresses: This job is one of the simpler ones -- Grab the food that has been prepared, take it to its rightful owner, strike up a small conversation to the customers and then move on to your next order! Simple as that! But, remember to be very sincere and kind. Customers watch your every move.
The Inn-Keeper: Well, this job is much like a waiter/waitresses job; serving ale and food. But, the job also permits to helping visitors find a room that's good for them. Luckily, this is a job that has already been taken up and is not fully needed from anyone else. But, there is lots of room for help!!![i]
Stable Boy/Girl: Where there are travelers, there are horses. And where there are horses, there are stables. Just as the traveler needs food, drink and sleep... As does the horse that he rides on. We need someone that will be able to perfectly take care of the beautiful creatures. This means: giving a bath, brushing their hair, feeding them food, giving them drink, making sure they're comfortable, etc.

Coordinator of Dances: Let's face it. People LOVE to dance, sing and be merry. And the job of the C.o.D. is to make sure that every dance is prepared for the guests and that it's fun and enjoyable! Pick the food, choice of song and choice of band wisely!
Activities Director: People love fun and games, hence the reason for an activities director. Being in Mirkwood, there's not MANY places to have fun outside; it being dark and covered in trees and such. But, at the Lavender Inn, there is ALWAYS a place to have fun! Right out on the front lawn is where our activities will be held daily. The A.D.'s job is to make sure that the games are fun, up-to-date and that the majority of the people are involved in it.

(Whoever is going to be applying for a job will be receiving pay once a week from the inn-keeper (Which is me). Plus, you will have a nice room to stay in!)

Money:
The amount of money that you receive will be told to you on your first day of work, directly from the inn-keeper. Don't feel too nervous... ;)

Rules:
1. Thou shalt not have more than 3 characters per person. There is a limit of people that you are allowed to roleplay in this inn. Mainly because of the fact that when people have, let's say, 10 + characters that they are roleplaying, they tend to forget what conversation went where. If you can handle a lot of characters, let me know and I may allow you to do it.
2. Thou shalt not have sexy time. Due to this forum being family-friendly, there will be none of that. If you want to do something like that, please take it to the PMs (private messages).
3. Thou shalt not kill another person's character. First off... Killing is wrong, anyway. :P But, in Middle Earth, things are a bit different. This does not mean that you can come into the inn, pick a random person and then kill him right then and there. You MUST have the permission from the person first, before you do so.
4. Thou shalt only write in third person. I hate, hate, hate when people write in first person. (EX: [i]I walked into the inn and looked around at everyone. They were all staring at me. Why? Because I'm so gosh darn good-looking!
) ... HECK NO!
5. Thou shalt write a certain length or be smitten. There will not be ANY one-liners here. Doing this disables any hope for an ongoing storyline with someone. One-liners are the killers of roleplaying. The minimum amount of writing that you can do is one fairly lengthy paragraph. I don't want a little three liners paragraph. Do a good seven liner paragraph. Just give us something!!! :)

AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST...

6. Thou shalt have fun! I want you guys to be able to express yourselves, find friends, comfort and love all underneath the roof of The Lavender Inn! So, have fun with it!

----------------------------

ROLES TAKEN:
Martin the Warrior - Entertainment.

Anyone have any questions? Because, I have answers!
Last edited by Lenne Linwe on Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lenne Linwe
Shield Bearer

Location: In the Lavender Inn, taking care of anyone in need of healing.

Postby Martin the Warrior » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:31 pm

Applying for the position of entertainment! I know it is not on the list but, can I apply for it any ways all I ask is for room and board for the night when I'm available.

Oh, and just to let you know you can let others know you are looking for RPer's at the following link: http://forums.theonering.com/viewtopic.php?t=81274
Martin the Warrior
Rider of the Mark

Postby Lenne Linwe » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:13 pm

Martin the Warrior, you can MOST DEFINITELY have a position of the entertainment. I will gladly give you room and board for free. I will take very good care of you. That is a promise!

When you are ready, go right ahead and post your first post in the actual thread. I will put your name up right now! :)
Lenne Linwe
Shield Bearer

Postby Martin the Warrior » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:22 pm

Just a quick question, does this RP take place before or after the fall of the ring? (This does have importance on what I might happen.)
Martin the Warrior
Rider of the Mark

Postby Lenne Linwe » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:00 am

This takes place before the fall of The Ring. But, not too far before. Just like a couple years before. We can still use some of the characters in the story.
Lenne Linwe
Shield Bearer

Postby Martin the Warrior » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:28 am

Okay, thanks, I really did need to know that.
Martin the Warrior
Rider of the Mark

Postby Lenne Linwe » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:50 am

No problem, hun!
Lenne Linwe
Shield Bearer

Postby Lebasi » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:40 am

Would it be OK if I were to but into your story with a couple of characters?
Lebasi
Ranger of the North

Postby Lenne Linwe » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:47 pm

Of course you can! Go ahead and put up some bios!
Lenne Linwe
Shield Bearer

Postby Martin the Warrior » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:16 pm

I wish to add a character to the drama, but I wanted to ask you if it's okay. I have below a short bio on the character:

Name: Iris Proudfoot
Race: Hobbit
Description: Average height for a hobbit but not as fat as most, blonde curly hair often with flowers in her hair, has some of the Brandybuck blood in her because unlike most hobbit's wants to see the world, a kind gentle soul never would hurt anyone if it could be helped, is excellent with a slingshot (the leather band kind), and like most of her race is a good cook.
Hometown: Hobbiton
Martin the Warrior
Rider of the Mark

Postby Lenne Linwe » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:18 am

Sure thing! Go right ahead. :)
Lenne Linwe
Shield Bearer

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)