OOC(3) :: Redemption, The Reckoning

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

Re: OOC(3) :: Redemption, The Reckoning

Postby Bardhwyn » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:51 pm

Sorry CR, there is a Gdoc thread? Really? Will investigate...

Ok, help! CR - please reply with the title of the doc you mean; I see several out there, some newer than others.

Ta!! XX
Bardhwyn
Mariner

Postby Cock-Robin » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:58 pm

Hi, Bardy, it is called BT and Elrohir Backstory.

Cuuuuute!

Meneldor, Warrior Bard, and Brondgast, Mithril Knights

Gwaeryn and Robin, The Expected Party

Meneldor, Alatar and Pallando, Darkness Reigns: The Resistance

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Bardhwyn » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:29 am

Thank you, and yes of course ! * slaps forehead*
Well '.. the best laid plans of mice and men are oft to gang agley.' as the Scottish Bard once said. I had so many lovely plans for this weekend - yoga, cleaning, hoovering, meeting old friends, rehearsing and writing.

But no, no life had other plans for me. I came down with a stinking flu/cold bug and it laid me out all weekend. I managed to meet the two friends I'd made plans with (one had travelled in from Wales) but otherwise I slept. Like the dead.

Upshot is I am well enough to go through with our first full evening gig - just us, not shared with any other acts. I'm pleased; I'll be shattered by 11pm but I'm pleased.

So my friends - have the Muses been taunting you? Teasing, perhaps? Dropping ideas in?
Bardhwyn
Mariner

Postby Cock-Robin » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:02 pm

I've been thinking of having Boartooth escape the prison that he was put in, and be able to find a way out of Imladris, waiting for the others.

Cuuuuute!

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Bardhwyn » Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:57 pm

That's a great idea - though I don't think he's actually been taken into custody yet - but hey! We can arrange it and then you arrange the daring escape! Oooh ideas, ideas, I love ideas...
Bardhwyn
Mariner

Postby Rodia » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:51 pm

Hello...happy new year...so, the resolution for 2013 is to get out of Rivendell, yes yes?

I've been in a bardish mood lately (sulky, low, malcontent and musical) but maybe I can get the braggardly brigandly flag flying again, if I try really hard.

Maybe if Elmissir gives me one of those smiles...

La de da de da... dum dum...

Oh the skies o'er lovely Linden
Are as blue as your fair eyes
So they say, I wouldn't know,
I never see the skies.

Oh, the peaches down in Linden
Are as tender as your cheeks,
I wouldn't know, that's what they say
I've starved for many weeks.

Oh, the fields in lovely Linden
Are as golden as your head
They tell me so, I wouldn't know
I stare at you instead!
Rodia
Ringbearer

Postby Frelga » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:50 pm

Aw, that was adorable! How could Missy resist such charm?

CR, I like your idea, sounds like a fun development. I hope Boartooth won't have to wait long!

Bardy, shame about the bug messing up your weekend. Hope the gig was a smashing success.

And our dear thread mistress is still in clutches of the real life, I fear.

Not that I am not. On top of all else, I'm about to start a remodeling project. :Q Happily, the only thing Radesh need do to get out is pack.
"You start running they'll never let you stop. You stand up, push back... Can't say no forever right?"
―Steve Rogers, Captain America: The First Avenger
Frelga
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby Cock-Robin » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:21 pm

Actually, it wasn't my idea. I thought it had already happened. Look on Page 20. I guess I was wrong. It was just that Elrohirhad issued the order for Boartooth to be captured and retained. Elladan will have to do something to help him escape, I guess.

Cuuuuute!

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Cock-Robin » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:38 am

I mean Elrohir. I get those two mixed up. And I finally did something. Boartooth is making a bid for freedom, the first of our gang to leave Imladris. It's your turn, Bardy! I'm still waiting for you on the gdoc.

Cuuuuute!

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Bardhwyn » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:28 pm

:) Hehehe, yeah the ole 'swapped identity' schtick. I think it works better in a live-action play. :roll:

CR - just to say again, my friend, that doc we were playing in - I've always understood that as filler backstory material for the sake of fleshing out our two character's relationship (Elrohir/BT) - it being an aid to character development - never to finish/polish and post. It's all stuff that happened 'a long time back' in the characters' mutual histories.

Yes, the events and actions could be alluded to in a dialogue that may happen 'real-time' to the story's present chronology, like this for example: "Remember what I said to you when we parted on that bitter night when you're father berated you in his hall?" Elrohir asked gravely before they hauled BT away... (which will come, the hauling off... though Ro may not say that, exactly. He'll say something...) - and by doing so, by alluding to a shared history, create depth for that relationship and a more interesting reading experience. I see that as a wise use of backstory; interjection of character history in a piece of prose with dialog or brief memory flashbacks that are related to the action current in the story.

As we're collaboratively writing, we need to collaboratively create history and memory for our characters - obviously! That's what I was doing in there - I was hoping we could create a 'knowing' between characters to make the relationship, well - more plausible. And give your character some further grounding which to build on - connections between characters is what makes a story come alive. Just as connections with real people makes real life come alive. Getting all metaphysical-like here.. :D

Just spelling it out here because I don't want to misrepresent m'self. And I was never quite sure I communicated the intent and purpose I was bringing to that collab doc well enough. Ok - so, we'll keep building a backstory and hopefully we can continue on with the 'fore-story' and BT can carry on building his connections, friendships, bonds with the crew.

And not all attempts at connection need be successful,either to make a good plot and story as the dynamic between Garia and Harah shows - whereas Radesh and Harah have a kindly one. Garia and Missy..well..

I think Martin's crafting of Tyrion Lannister is a fantastic example of how the character actively engages other character in relationship - sometimes successfully, sometimes not - sometimes the character has a long history with the Imp, sometimes not - and the result is he's riveting to read; imho. Tyrion ENGAGES with every character he's thrown in with. Fabulous.

:)
Bardhwyn
Mariner

Postby Cock-Robin » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:31 pm

Oh, now I understand, Bardy. Thanks for spelling it out. How'd you like my post? He's running out of Imladris with the help of his horse Thunder and falcon Lightning, and woe to anybody who gets in his way. He might knock them down and keep on. LOL.

Cuuuuute!

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Bardhwyn » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:29 am

A post!

I have a few questions, CR - I'll email them to you. :)

There may be a considerable amout of retro-posting, friends to fill in some gaps prior to BT's exit.
Bardhwyn
Mariner

Postby Cock-Robin » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:22 am

I'll be waiting for your email, Bardy!

Cuuuuute!

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Cock-Robin » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:41 pm

I just edited my post, filling in the holes in the plot twist I introduced. Boartooth is making his bid for freedom, the first to leave Imladris, and in a hurry, as he doesn't want to spend time in Elladan's prison.

Cuuuuute!

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Scribbles » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:38 pm

. . . finds cobwebs all over the place . . .

Gosh, I am so sorry folks . . . but life this year took a huge turn onto the Super Highway of "Far Too Much to Do, Far Too Little Time to Do It In".

Between a nephew moving in, a hubby changing jobs (again!), arranging for an elderly parent to move to a Senior's facility, far too much work at work and at home, and some recent issues with our house . . . well, it's been non-stop since Christmas 2012 and looks to be much the same type of road trip for me until at least Thanksgiving 2013 (which in Canada is October 14th :P )

Sincerest apologies to my writing crew and of course, to any readers we may have left . . . though I wouldn't blame anyone if they've hopped a different Adventure Tour Bus, since this one isn't going all that far or all that fast. But as Arwen says . . . "there is always hope."

:D :D :D
Scribbles
Shield Bearer

Postby SilverScribe » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:54 am

Gah . . .

Well, the nephew is gone again, hubby has kept the job, and the elderly parent has settled into the Senior's facility fairly well. Now if only the senile dementia would stop . . . but that is not to be. So more hours per week are spent on care-giving than before. But such is the cycle of life. :|

The much-anticipated slowdown did not materialize. I am still utterly slammed by work and real life, so I will offer the annual apology both over a year late and under a year early, LOL.

How I miss everyone. :(

**Scribbles

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~
Fur meine Mutter . . . Sie sind für immer in meinem Herzen . . .

A song for our Fallen, but not Forgotten . . . Galadriel's Lament
SilverScribe
Scribe, Wanderer, Warrior . . . Bard of Rhudaur and Herald of Manwe

Postby erinhue » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:23 pm

I always meant to write The Bard into this one and never got around to it. That is the way of life when life gets in the way. Having a taste of that life spead up and change myself and I cannot get here anywhere near like when I used ta live here. I say your post and I had to pop in to say We Miss You Too, Scribbles, darling, I surely do. So here's to you and here's to me and all the happy memories :drink:
"Where ever you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Bonzi

erinhue
Warrior/Bard of Belfalas Illuvatar's Bright Spirit

Postby Cock-Robin » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:28 pm

I miss you too, Scribbles. I don't know if this sim can be revived or not.

Cuuuuute!

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Frelga » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:10 pm

Scribbles, that's a lot to deal with, and your plate's been full for a long time now. :hug: Always good to sight you here, hope life has good things in store for you.
"You start running they'll never let you stop. You stand up, push back... Can't say no forever right?"
―Steve Rogers, Captain America: The First Avenger
Frelga
GNU Terry Pratchett

Previous

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)