The Expected Party 2!!! OOC

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

The Expected Party 2!!! OOC

Postby rwhen » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:41 am

Okay. Four years later!!!

We hit a milestone of sorts I suppose. :D Thank you to all who have made themselves invaluable to the thread. I feel I should list our charries and I will get to it by way of an edit. Just so's I don't leave anyone out. Let us away, friends. Very good to be back up and going again. I guess we ARE eventually going towards Gondor.

CR..please remind me via your mental map where we "should" be headed next please?

How about a check in on the new thread? Make sure we are all able and accounted for?

I think every one of you are wonderful and the TEP is extremely fortunate to have this great cast of charries and those who labor to write them.

Cast:

rwhen: Fionavar/Caloo
Tygarya: Kitty/Kathrine - Daniel
CR: Robin/Gwaeryn
Sil: Aramir/Falastor/Narmo
eari: Laesha/Eilathen
Frelga: Geli the ********
Lith: Seldo
Sid: Sidhlarion/Lari - Haefa
Melwa: Vanyaire

We have had others who come and go, should they return, I will add them to the list.

Please check in below and add any thoughts you might have at this point for going forward - long or short term.

*steps up to the mike* "Hello, my name is rwhen and it has been 44 hours since........erm, wrong crowd. Okay."

rwhen....Fionavar (formal) Fiona(informal) Fi (family). Caloo the very muddy and scared pony who carries our food and her supplies.

TEP name: Fionavar, nickname Fiona or Fi
Race: Human

Appearance: Not petite, but not rugged either. Long light brown hair, average of height, not plain, but not a beauty either. Someone who could "fit in" well most anywhere, except a dwarf convention :P. She wears colors of blue, silver and black. Her weapons are a staff and short blade. Utility boots, leggings, tunic and long black overcoat with her family crest on the back, which her hair usually covers would be her wardrobe. Eyes are deep brown with flecks of gold, complexion fair.

History: Her home is Lake Evendim. Fionavar is trained up to be a healer, but has a keen eye for all musical instruments and could even make them when necessary. Her musical voice is soothing and she can entertain when necessary. She has never traveled much, but the excitement of getting to the celebration in Gondor has caused her to be filled with wanderlust. Getting a map and having sent letters to relations around Middle Earth, she sets off on foot with a well supplied pony named Caloo (a lady pony). ;)

Other: Fionavar is saucy, light hearted and in some things a bit naive. She has no fear of people, places and can start an easy conversation with just about anyone regardless of race, color, gender or age. She is one that might not always look before leaping and that will most certainly cause some issues in the RP. Essentially she is a kind person, but has a knack for practical jokes, where no one gets hurt. She is clever with wit and hands both.

Fionavar

Fionavar is an old friend that has gone through many incarnations over the past seven years with me. If you have any questions about her, just ask away. She looks forward to writing with all of you.
Last edited by rwhen on Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Time out of Mind, forever bound to my Knight Ayslhyn

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever :hug:
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Re: The Expected Party 2!!! OOC

Postby siddharth » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:22 am

SHOTGUN!!!!!!!

Yay for the new OOC and thank you all for letting me in. :drink:

Thoughts? You mean ideas? I am thinking of spreading the news about some convict, to get our charrs more cautious.

Just my two cents. :)
siddharth
Ranger of the North

Postby Melwa » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:54 am

Thanks for the new thread, Rwhen!

What convict, Sid?

I also would like to know where in ME we are. Should we be angling for a river trip down the Anduin?
Melwa
Ranger of the North

Postby Lithtaur16 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:02 am

I think we are somewhere on the great east road. There was a visit to Tom Bombadil in the Old Forest a while back but after that I'm lost without reading back through.
Lithtaur16
Ranger of the North

Postby Cock-Robin » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:09 pm

We are currently on the road to the Gap of Rohan, which opens up into Isengard, or now the Treegarth of Orthanc, which is what Treebeard renamed it. Hopefully, we will be meeting Treebeard, and maybe Radagast as well. It is at the southern end of the Misty Mountains.

And, please do "Caloo's Ride." I can't wait to see it, Rwhen!
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1320/1 ... 474091.jpg

Meneldor, Warrior Bard, and Brondgast, Mithril Knights

Gwaeryn and Robin, The Expected Party

Meneldor, Alatar and Pallando, Darkness Reigns: The Resistance

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Tygarya » Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:36 pm

Hmmm a convict eh?? Wonder if Kitty knows him :wink:

And some of us have already met Radagast, and will not be very happy to meet him again :P
Tygarya
Ringbearer

Postby siddharth » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:51 pm

Hey!
I was just thinking of a post from Haefa's POV too. :D that'd be fun!

Hmmm, Lari has been under Radagast's tutelage for a few months in the
past. So that'd be a reunion. ;)

I'll copy down Lari's bio here later today for a reference.

Melwa- it doesnt have to be real. There could be a rumor of this bloody
murderer roaming about where we are. But hey, just thinking out loud
here. :)
siddharth
Ranger of the North

Postby Cock-Robin » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:00 am

Go for it, Sid!

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Tygarya » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:36 pm

Sid... I wouldn't mention that Lari knows Radagast in front of Kitty, shes a bit delicate on that subject right now.
Also, you actually have a murderer in your midst....just saying... :twisted:

Bio:
Name: Nickname: Kitty (cause she spits like a cornered cat)
Eyes: Green
Hair: Dark Auburn
Race: Man
Height: 5’10”
Attire: Black leather breeches, white shirt with leather corset, heavy woollen black cloak and black knee high riding boots.

Grew up on the streets of Gondor, is street wise. Has a nasty cynical tongue and a terrible drinking habit. Is extremely attractive but not interested, men have lost their lives trying to show interest in her, treats it like a game of cat and mouse. She is very good at thieving and pick pocketing. The only times she doesn’t drink is when she has a job to do. She has even done the odd assassination, especially if she gets disturbed burglarising a house. Has great respect within the thieves community for how good she is. Carries daggers mainly, several hidden in various places. Can grapple like a guy and is very strong for a woman. Always keen for a fight will bait people on and get them wound up . Sometimes carries a short sword, if expecting trouble, and can fire a crossbow. Had to leave Gondor after a particularly nasty encounter left two men dead, the authorities are looking for her. Shacked up with some cut-purses on the roads around the Shire, but that has gone sour just recently so is now looking for any excuse to leave the area for a while. Currently riding a bay mare with no apparent name.

Last edited by Tygarya on Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tygarya
Ringbearer

Postby rwhen » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:17 pm

I was about to say the same thing, Tyggies. Between Ar and Kitty.....well, I will say no more - there is enough in the past posts to know who they are for the most part. And the roads are always dangerous, no matter the time of year. So who knows what one will run into.

We still have a few who need to check in....Sil, Eari and Frelga.

Like Eari mentioned, I don't want to fall too far from canon here.....most all of what we have written to date has been good in that sense. After thinking on it quite a bit, I am not going to write a post from Caloo's perspective, but I might write a song or some such to capture the event. Fionavar hasn't had time for singing or writing in quite a bit now.

I am trying to put a post together and hope to have something up by the end of the week. Over and out.

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby GwenElf » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:56 pm

Recopying my bios here for future reference.

Name: Aramir Naregond, goes by Ar, or "Ari" to those who really want to annoy him. =:)
Age: Immortal; he looks like he's in his late twenties. At this point in ME history, he's probably only about 80 or so.
Race: Mostly Elf, a little Man, with the remnants of Orc blood in his veins. He's a mutt. :D
Horse: A tall black gelding named Narmocarca, Narmo for short.

Appearance: Average male height, about 6'1" and athletically built. Shoulder-length dark hair which would look nice if he ever bothered to brush it. As it is, it's rather messy, kinda wavy, and usually gets in his face. Very dark eyes. He has a thin black scar running across his right cheek, which is the most prominent out of the many scars he's accumulated over the years.

Weapons: He's very proficient with the sword, bow, and daggers, but prefers the sword. He'll probably be carrying all of them with him, though.

History: Ar's family has been tainted with the blood of Orcs since the rape of his great grandmother; against all odds and common sense, the line has been continued down to him and his sister, Sicil, manifesting itself in their murky, not-exactly-red blood but basically nowhere else. I have no idea if such a 'union' would be possible in Tolkien's world or what the result would be, but hey, I was 16 when I made him up... He grew up in Gondor and met up with weapons and combat early on; eventually he began training Gondorian soldiers as a military commander and was generally considered a master with the broadsword. An unfortunate accident resulted in the revelation of his secret, and through the machinations of one of his rivals, who gave him his scar, he was accused of crimes he did not commit and exiled from Gondor. Since then he has been wandering, dedicated to protecting people as best he can and annoying them in the process.

Personality: Belief that his line should not continue has not stopped Ar from flirting, mostly harmlessly, with every female he meets. He is generally an up-beat, mischievous, and friendly person, although reminders of his past tend to bring on bouts of angst that render him surprisingly silent...usually not for very long. He doesn't mind not being the one in charge, but he always feels a need to know what is going on around him so that he can step in if he thinks it necessary--and he does, probably more often than is necessary. ;)

And character #2:

Name: Falastor Galathil, Fal for short
Race: Man

Appearance: About 5'9" and average build; he does a lot of travelling so he's in relatively good shape. Short(ish), dirty blonde, wavy hair; hazel eyes and tan skin. He could easily be lost in a crowd as there's nothing terribly distinct about him, except for the fact that he's always carrying (and dropping) way too much stuff.

History: Fal was abandoned as an infant and picked up by a group of traveling performers who, in a bout of uncharacteristic cruelty, decided that, rather than give him a good Gondorian name, they would name him after the hero of the play they were currently performing—Galathil, the brother of Celeborn of Lorien. Fal later took a new first name, but Galathil stuck as his surname. In addition to giving him this unfortunate name, the troop also raised and trained him. Unfortunately, all the training in the world could not make up for his inherent lack of musical and theatrical talent, and more often than not he ran off during performances to explore and chat with the locals. After a while he started collecting maps of the surrounding area from each town they visited and put them together to form a more detailed whole to replace the seriously deficient version troupe was carrying, which eventually resulted in his becoming the Unofficial Troupe Route Planner. He finally left the group after promising never to sing in public again and found his way to the court of Minas Tirith, where he worked his way into a job as a cartographer.

Personality: He talks a lot, and to anyone who will listen, and about any subject that arises, even if he knows nothing about it. He understands that not everyone's interested in cartography and tries not to talk about it too much, but when the conversation lags, he tends to revert to alidades and coordinates. Having spent so much time around theatre people, he's known to say outlandish things that sometimes come off as insults when really he's just joking around.

Fal thinks that, because of all his travels, he has a fairly good knowledge of other cultures and languages, but in fact he does not; he understands other languages fairly well, but when it comes to forming coherent sentences of his own, he's not exactly the guy you want as your communicator. Similarly, his cultural knowledge, though slowly getting better, is often the result of a rather naive, idealising perspective and the fact that he likes to seek out the most colourful, but not always most truthful, characters in any town he stops in.

Misc: Along with rolls and rolls of parchment and other cartography tools, he also carries a well-used bo-staff with which he defends himself when necessary. He's not a master with it, but he can hold his own, and it makes a good walking stick besides.
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby earendil81 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:08 pm

I will do like Sil and put the information about these two characters (what bits I have :P) here

Name: Laesha

Age: finding my original post I thought she'd be in her early twenties but nope sticking to 15/16 y.o.

Appearance: like the women of Rohan she is blond haired. She has blue eyes. She is slightly stocky, as she grew up in a blacksmith's place and helped her mother's parents with their farm. She has a round joyful face and bears on it that she has known love all her life.

Else: she comes from a fairly wealthy but down-to-earth family and the only girl in a family of five children, she has always been treated like the little princess both by her father and brothers. Yet she knows how to handle a sword but she has never had to use it for real, only in fake fight with her brothers who were always nice anyway because they'd be killed if they hurt the beloved one.
She sometimes expects things to be given or offered to her because she's always had it her way.
She doesn't know much of the world although of late her grandmother has brought onto a curious trip to the North.

Goes to show that when you write a character they take a life of their own because she's not as spoiled as I thought she'd be :P :P

~~~

Name: Eilathen

Age: Too old to care for the exact number. He was born in Valinor during the Age of the Trees.

Appearance: Long dark-haired, standing at 6'8" (think that guy on the right - not the Lego one of course :P)

Else: that's the bits I don't know a whole lot about but here is what I know already
Eilathen is the only son of a Teleri and a Noldo. He followed his wife who belonged to Turgon's House through the Helcaraxe and into Middle-Earth. He swore no oath to recover the Silmaril nor did he believe it was an oath worth swearing. He has no love lost for the sons of Feanor who massacred his mother's kin in Alqualonde.
He served as a smith in Gondolin... He lost his wife some time early in the First Age. He is one of the smiths who forged Aiglos - Gil Galad's spear - and my guess is that he was one of the elven smiths who reforged Narsil.
ImageNever forgetting those who have passed into the West :rose:

Sharing a story with Rholarowyn: Once There Were Words

Laesha is taking her first steps in the RP world with Eilathen and a bunch of great characters in The Expected Party
Fan of Redemption: the Reckoning

Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you
I have been changed for good.

It's funny how some distance
Makes everything seem small
And the fears that once controlled me
Can't get to me at all
It's time to see what I can do
To test the limits and break through
No right, no wrong, no rules for me
I'm free
earendil81
In Love & Light

Postby siddharth » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:34 pm

CR
- I'm still at the wondering phase. :D

My character's bio:

Name :
Sidhlarion
Valenar (Lari)

Race: Half-Elf
Appearance:Athletic. Fair. Pitch-black wavy hair reaching the shoulders. Small doe-like eyes with black pupils. He is a half-elf, but looks very much like Men. He doesn't have pointy ears, but he can hear or see as good as any mature Elf. He is dressed completely in Lincoln Green, except for the Black boots and the belt around his waist.At times, he
covers his head withhis hood.
Weapon: An excellent archer. Carries a special bow presented to him by the King Thranduil himself.He can shoot in total darkness just by hearing the sounds. But his key skill is in swords. He carries a huge Mithril sword, Thrond. It is an heirloom, gifted to his father by the dwarves of the glittering caves after the end of the War of the Ring. As a token of alliance between the Elves and Dwarves. He is forbidden by the Law of the Greenwood-Elves to reveal the sword in any other situation other than battle. In using Thrond, he relies more on skill and agility than brute force.
Other specialities: Has been under the wizard Radagast's tutelage and can heal general wounds. Can talk to his horse by a special connection, yet unknown to others.

Steed: A coal-black female horse. Named Haefa,short for Haefaniel (i.e. "Black" in Sindarin) Lari raised her since her birth. He doesn't see her like a steed. They're soul-mates.

Personality: Generally he is very gentle, soft-spoken and too formal when meeting anyone for the first time. One of the reasons why most people get turned-off by him and the correspondence doesn't last long. As a result, Lari feels guilty and is disheartened. There are a few though, once he gets to know someone better, he gradually overcomes the awkwardness. He is the shy kind, and that is all the more clear when talking to someone of the opposite sex. (quite the opposite of Aramir, eh? :P )However, when it comes to swords or archery, though he may not show this on the outside,
he has a tendency to underestimate others. In his own mind!And though he is a fighter and has been in many duels and some ambushes, he always pities killing anyone. And he doesn't kill them unless there's no other way. He is in exile and always memories of his homeland bring only sadness to him. Once he get in a depression, no one but time can turn
him away from it. Ironically, sometimes when he is happy he can over-do somethings.

History and Background
: All details are unclear yet. But this will suffice for now:
His father is a close relative of Thranduil and so in a way, he's Royalty. His mother is a maiden from Rohan, daughter of a blacksmith. Many Elves didn't appreciate this vastly "unequal" marriage. And among these were one of Lari's uncles who was the next in line for the throne of Mirkwood, till Lari was born. As Lari grew this uncle concocted his plan and one fateful day, he carried it out. The details of the events of that day are not clear. It was
bloody and something that forced Lari to leave the Realm. Forever. His father went missing and his mother, frightened for her life, fled to Rohan. The King of Rohan, Eomer, didn't wished to give Lari refuge as he couldn't risk an enmity with the Mirkwood Elves, the kinsmen of his close friend, Legolas. What happened to Lari's father is yet unknown. But Lari still doesnt know about this and thinks his parents are still at Greenwood.Lari fled with Haefa and his few belongings onwards and westwards. Ten years he has been on the road more than half of which were spent in the woods, where he met many a peculiar characters. From his adventures Lari has come to know about a Life outside of his home. A life of adventure. And though he misses his home deeply, he wishes to see more of Middle-earth. Having visited many of the wonders in the west, he finally decided to move southwards to see the greatest city then, Minas Tirith.

ETA:

Sorry, didn't see your posts earlier Tygarya and rwhen. :oops:
Yep, I won't be bringing Radagast in this now, it was just a mention. :)
Do others know Kitty's killed many men (thpugh acceptably, evil) before?

ETA2:
His song (with help from Xandarien):

Nuin laiss galen dannol Under the green falling leaves
pornen adh merchaint gelaidh Drowned by shadows of great trees
a ‘waew i chwestant am i thîr dîn and wind that blew upon his face
adh lhoss voe, mathad hwîn with a soft whisper, a faint touch
Idhra pe se i ardhon? He ponders if this is the world?
Sui i lû hwiniant, min fuin As the time whirls, in the dead of night
Athan morchant, athan achas Beyond shadow, beyond fear
aew am i ‘waew, reviol hall birds upon the wind, flying high
Se i ardhon aníra istol This is the world he desires knowing

Sui tuiw tuiar fim As buds sprout slender
Ethuil tuiel a i Rhîw toba ech Spring has sprouted and the winter covers itself
Pe aglar calan egor eil geleb If glory of morning or silver sky
lilthanner a ‘lennir a linner a nínianner They danced and laughed and sang and cried
I had hen adh i edair lîn oner This place by thy fathers given
Pen-iuithad anden pe sui ú alchor úthand daethad Useless to him if as a shrine of untrue praise
An sí dartha anuir, pêd an i ind dîn For here he remains forever, he says to his inner thought.

Ach alae! Ai Eryngalen nîn veleg! But alas! Oh my mighty Greenwood!
I ‘ell ú-dharthant aen anuir, ai am man theled? The joy could not remain forever, oh for what purpose?
I ardhon savant, i ardhon istas The world he possessed, the world he knew
mabannen adh man pen ben-astor? Having been taken by what faithless person?
ú-thell andin, furnir It was not intended for him, they lied
Níniant, níniant. I fuin han níniant! He cried, he cried. That night he cried!
A níniant angin, bo fuin bân athan And he cried for you, on all nights beyond
Ach estel an atholed mîn arad But hope for returning one day
Pe an acharn thand erui am din If for true vengeance alone upon them
Cenn naid odrim min ardhon sí He saw many things in the world here
rochben mist, haved bo i roch dîn a wandering rider, sitting on his horse
ú ú-vain sui nauthant not ugly as he thought
ach pe cíniel dan Lasgalen? ú! but if it was seen against Lasgalen? No!
Glam, feled íd A tumultuous noise, a rare feeling
ir lêdh trî eryn úgen when he travelled through an unseen wood
Egnais bless. Celeth fim. Peaks of grace. Slender streams.
naid odrim an cenol, naid odrim an o nauthol many things for seeing, many things for thinking about
ach ú vîn sui i aglar lîn but not one like your glory
ias tyss galen caedanner a yrn raithol hall where green bushes lay down and trees reached high
ias sîdh a dhîn caedar anuir. where peace and silence lay forever
i galen, i cuin, i geleb sílar the green, the life, the silver shine
od ias i Melain tiriar i eil. from where the Valar watch the sky
Na i lû han, ai Eryn Lasgalen veleg! To that time, oh mighty Eryn Lasgalen!
Novaer, novaer, novaer Be well, be well, be well
Last edited by siddharth on Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
siddharth
Ranger of the North

Postby Cock-Robin » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:32 am

Looks like everybody is doing their bios, so I will do mine.

Name: Gwaeryn (Wind-chaser)
Ancient Name: Sorontel (Last-Eagle)
Race: Great Eagles
Age: Unknown, but his memory goes back to the Elder Days, though he has forgotten much until recently.
Appearance: He looks like a Golden Eagle, but much larger.

Personality: He tends to be somewhat reckless, and like the WIzards of old, is subtle and quick to anger. But something else has emerged, and that due to his companionship with Robin and the rest of the companions on this journey. He has discovered himself, and his ancient memory that he has forgotten. He has become quieter except when he is in song. He is haunted by the fact he is the last of his kind in Middle-Earth, and only Robin eases his loneliness somewhat. He often is seen looking westward, to his long home with his kin at Taniquetil, and sometimes his sorrow spills over in song. He is not long for this world as his kind reckons time.

History and Background: Gwaeryn is of the ancient race of Great Eagles, originally Maiar who came down from Eru at the time when Melkor fell. They were spirits in the form of raptors summoned by Manwë, and took the form or Eagles to watch over the realm and aid the Children of Illuvatar. Thorondor was their chief, and the one they look to.
It is when he visited Bombadil that he remembered who he was, the Bard and Loremaster of his race, to keep in remembrance all his kind was and has done, and casts it into verse very often. He became a companion of Robin when the hobbit was retracing the adventures of Bilbo, and they have been together ever since.

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Cock-Robin » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:44 am

Name: Robin Smallburrow III
Race: Hobbit
Appearance: Nondescript, much like any other hobbit.
Personality: He is eaten up by curiosity and the desire for adventure, unlike many of his kin, except for the Tooks. He is quick to make friends, but is wiser than he appears.
Weapon: HE has a small sword he has named Claw, which is the brother to Sting, the famous sword that was borne by Bilbo and Frodo. Like all blades made in Gondolin of old, it glows with a cold light when foes are near. He also has a bow and arrows.
History and Background: He is descended from another Shirriff in the Shire by the same name, and given the nickname of Cock-Robin. He grew restless and bored with his life in the Shire where nothing really happened other than birthday parties. He desired to see the world and follow in the footsteps of Bilbo and Frodo, so he left the Shire never to return. He had many adventures on the Great East Road, until in the MIsty Mountains, he stumbled on some bandits, and that is where he met up with Gwaeryn, who helped him defeat them, and they have been friends and companions ever since. He often rides on the Eagle, an honor given to few, and he doesn't get giddy with heights like many of his kind would. When exploring the cave where the stone trolls still were, he came upon a cubbyhole which contained the brother of Sting. He called it Claw, and bore it ever since. He and Gwaeryn have visited Bombadil a few times, and reveled in his presence.

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Cock-Robin » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:39 am

Awwww...I was looking forward to that post from Caloo's perspective. But I'll see what you've got cooking in its place.

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby rwhen » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:16 am

Thank you all for your bios. (THIS INCLUDES SID!!!) I edited the first post to include mine. Four years later there isn't too much I would change except maybe *weapons*. It sort of indicates that Fionavar is able to use them. As we have found out, not so much. If we ever get back the PM's, I will have back Fionavar's picture in my avatar. Until then, I have a link in my first post of the original.

CR. I am coming up with a song to capture the ride of Caloo. I thought that since Caloo has never communicated anything except snorts and other horsie noises and I have never had her post her point of view, it would be odd to start it now.

Eari!!! YAY. Lovely to see you up on thread again. :D

and of course Sil. It was interesting to re-read Aramir's bio again. I had forgotten much about him. :D

That leaves us with Frelga and Geli.

One thing that I thought was important to note about the origin of TEP and what I wrote four years ago is that this is to be RP Lite, mostly fun and exploring character growth through the RP with some elements of danger in it. The "things" that have happened along the way haven't strayed TOO far from that, but there have been some surprises. I would like to keep that sentiment going please.

What has made this RP most interesting is the vast variance between the characters and that is something that shouldn't change.

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Cock-Robin » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:51 am

And that's what I like about it. Let's keep it going! I can't wait to see your poem, Rwhen. and yes, doing it from Caloo's perspective is very difficult if you don't want to make her into Mr. Ed. No talking horses, just a talking Eagle, who is really a Maia in feathered form. LOL That's what I struggled with when making my post, when I knew she would only make horsey sounds.

And now you've done it. You've got that Mister Ed theme going in my head.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_PZPpWTRTU

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Cock-Robin » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:37 pm

Here's a map of approximately where our people are. It's where the road turns East towards the Gap of Rohan and Isengard:

http://lotrproject.com/map/#zoom=4&lat= ... layers=BTT

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Melwa » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:05 pm

Well, I wish I'd read about Robin's lack of height-problems before I made that post, but I wanted to be the tree-climber. :D Sil, Frelga, I left room for your people to have quite a bit of conversation.
Melwa
Ranger of the North

Postby rwhen » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:05 am

Fine post Melwa!! Loads of "leaves" there as well.

As promised, I will get something up this week. :D

Hope everyone had a good weekend!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Cock-Robin » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:51 pm

I'm waiting with bated breath.

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby siddharth » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:29 pm

Didn't notice you'd posted! Good post Melwa. :D

Get it up when you have some time rwhennie. :D

With all of us busy, I guess we've reached another trough.
siddharth
Ranger of the North

Postby Melwa » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:15 pm

Nice song, Rwhen!
Melwa
Ranger of the North

Postby Cock-Robin » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:32 pm

That song brought tears to my eyes! Great job, Rwhen!

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby rwhen » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:34 am

Thank you. *bows*

I guess it is time to round us up and get on the move again. The thread is open for all posts.

According to CR:

We are currently on the road to the Gap of Rohan, which opens up into Isengard, or now the Treegarth of Orthanc, which is what Treebeard renamed it. Hopefully, we will be meeting Treebeard, and maybe Radagast as well. It is at the southern end of the Misty Mountains.

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby siddharth » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:30 pm

Wow, great poem Rwhen! :D Honestly, I didn't expect Lari or Haefa to be included in it.
siddharth
Ranger of the North

Postby rwhen » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:14 am

Does anyone feel as if they can write Radagast decently? I don't think I would be too good, but I can play along.

I was thinking Sid, that maybe that is where your arrows have taken off to, but can be found in good keeping with the wizard.

Just some thoughts here.

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Cock-Robin » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:04 pm

I'll have to think about it. There's so little on him, and I wouldn't play him like that crazy Radagast in the Hobbit movie. But I can wing it. I've done it before.

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby rwhen » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:42 am

Ha ha.... wing it, got it.

Btw...forgot to say great post up Siddie.

have a great weekend everyone.

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Next

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)