The Expected Party 2!!! OOC

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

Re: The Expected Party 2!!! OOC

Postby WaitingCynicism » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:48 am

I don't have a preferred nickname - Waiting is fine, Cynicism, whatever.

I have not gotten to see what has happened before, but I was planning on making my guy from Gondor - possibly a landed knight or the lord of Pinnath Gelin, if that could work. I suppose I had a quick question, though - how would an LGBT character be treated in your version of Middle-Earth?
WaitingCynicism
Citizen of Imladris

Postby rwhen » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:26 am

Totally okay with me as long as respect is always incorporated when using any other character. Okay great, from Gondor, name? horse? colors? weapons? physical appearance, temperament, family? These are the sort of bio things that flesh out a character for the rest of us to "get to know" and know how to write with.

Still understand, that as of this date, there is only two of us out of the original around 10 or so characters and several have passed. Cock Robin will be missed very much. :cry: :cry: Also Gwen and Tygara are two other very integrated characters along with eari. Sid and Seldo were fairly new to the thread.

But there is no harm in making the effort.
Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!oldtoby!Cock Robin(CR)!Prim!Calma! I will never ever forget you.

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Yes Ayslhyn, I do still remember.

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby WaitingCynicism » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:45 am

His name is Arthion, and his husband is Eomund. I'd need to think about his horse and appearance for now.
WaitingCynicism
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Frelga » Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:22 am

Oh hey, fresh blood!

I mean, welcome, stranger.

I'm... around sometime, but I haven't done any writing in ages. Still, one never knows. I would echo what rwhen said about at least skimming through the story so far, and getting up a bio for your character or characters.
Impressive. Every word in that sentence was wrong.
Luke Skywalker, The Last Jedi
Frelga
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby WaitingCynicism » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:00 am

I will, for certain! I was thinking Arthion was supposed to be the "spare" but when his brother died he inherited unexpectedly and is trying to figure out the whole politics thing - I was also thinking his husband would be a minor lord in Rohan. I know it's very brief, but I will keep fleshing him out.
WaitingCynicism
Citizen of Imladris

Postby rwhen » Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:53 am

Frelga lady, I actually do have a thought or two swimming about in my head but I have to explain why and where everyone disappeared to, don't you think? Or is it just better to go on and hope the other charries will show back up? For some reason I feel that is doubtful. I don't see them posting anywhere else on the boards.

Arthion....since we are traveling TO Gondor...you'll have to come up with a reason you are so far from Gondor at the moment and then traveling back there. Maybe for the celebration written about in the first or second post of the OOC or the original OOC (part one) thread. That is why a preview of the story as written thus far would be a good suggestion.

Also just a thought.....Gwen's charrie is Aramir....we do shorten that and call him Ar......we could call you Arth??....or do you prefer your more formal full name to always be used? See things like this in a bio is helpful. :)

We were (at the last writing) entering the Gap of Rohan, into Isengard, where Orthanc should be visible. We are assuming that Treebeard is still about as Fanghorn Forest is close by. Just an update to time and place. (I will sure miss CR's mental map of Middle Earth :cry: ) We have just survived a tornado but everyone, including animals seems to have ended up with little harm and are preparing to move forward.
Last edited by rwhen on Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!oldtoby!Cock Robin(CR)!Prim!Calma! I will never ever forget you.

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby WaitingCynicism » Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:57 am

He's completely fine with being called Arth. :) I'm thinking he is relatively newlywed to his husband, so maybe coming back from a "honeymoon" of sorts since his husband is from Rohan.
WaitingCynicism
Citizen of Imladris

Postby rwhen » Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:09 pm

Good enough. I actually edited the above post to add time and place for you. :)

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby WaitingCynicism » Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:30 pm

Alright, sounds good! I should be able to introduce him soon!
WaitingCynicism
Citizen of Imladris

Postby ~Fionavar~ » Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:51 pm

Testing to see if my Fiona is still working. :P
~Fionavar~
Shield Bearer

Postby Quimrill_Renctar » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:22 am

Oh! Must resist! I have the writing bug and the only other semi-active RP thread-ish-ness is moving slowly (I’m just as guilty in contributing to that snail’s pace as anybody).

I have Sigil my ex-bandit ring bearer guildy (he might be trapped in another dimension though, hmmmm....)
I have Luke the Rohan swordsman (who based on the time line is either wallowing in angst ridden dispare, is in his brief time frame of normalcy, or fairly insane, I think the very early stages of insanity would be about right based on the stated time and events.)
Paul, a giant one-eyed Gondorian military sergeant-at-arms, with a wicked sense of humor. (Currently suspended from active duty and reassigned to the diplomatic core in Rohan)
Then there is Quill who is a Gondorian secret agent man and part time court fool. (Who knows where he is or what he is doing)

Or I could even provide my favorite antagonist, the relentless amoralistic assassin for hire, Serin. (Location... eh?)

Anyway, IF there is room for further new interest let me know, no worries if not. I’ve been following the thread passively for years so I’m sorta familier. Would deffinitely need to do some review.

IF room, let me know IF any of the above characters sound particularly interesting over another and I will see about digging up some old bios.

~Quill
Quimrill_Renctar
Ranger of the North

Location: A little patch of paradise I like to call... the backside of nowhere

Postby rwhen » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:59 am

Hey Quim!! I have read your RP's (some of them) over the years and I would love it if you would like to join up. Any of your charries would do really, is there a reason one in particular might be on the road to Gondor for the Celebration and say be around the Gap of Rohan heading into Isengard? Give that some thought and let me know.

I am thrilled you are interested. While we will have some change of faces, I would be seriously happy to get this "show' back on the road. Also I do have an outline of my first IC post now....a way to start the forward movement without having to qualify every single character (some could return after all).

Post on up your bio and which charrie you see fitting in. :hug:

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Frelga » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:59 pm

Hullo Quill! I think I was in an RP with you back in the heyday of my RPing. Maybe the one with a mutiny in Rohan?
Frelga
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby rwhen » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:04 am

Hey Frelga, do you have a way to reach Sil? (Gwen Elf)....maybe she would like to come back and put that dastardly Ar to good use. ;)
Last edited by rwhen on Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Quimrill_Renctar » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:09 am

That sounds very plausible, Frel. I have not been heydaying much recently either. *sigh* I love to write, but I’m bad at making the time.

Thanks for the blessing, rwhen. I have more or less finished reviewing the RP. I had forgotten how many different folks had joined in! Wow! I’m tempted to generate a completely new character. I’m stuck thinking of a good reason to be going to the festival, though. The groupe already seems to have one of everything :P

I have thoughts though.... working on it....

I need to go back and see if I can find everybody else’s Bio, need to make sure there’s not too much unintentional overlap.

~Quill
Quimrill_Renctar
Ranger of the North

Postby rwhen » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:32 pm

Character update:

At this point, that wouldn't be a problem Quill (love that nick). Unfortunately two of our original members have passed on to the Havens, never to return. :cry:

Several others had left after a few years.....really the only active posters that have not sailed off.....at the time of my last post were Gwen Elf/Sil (Aramir/Falastor), Tyggies ( Kitty/Kathryn/Daniel), Frelga (Geli the magnificent but only if it is Tuesday???), Lith (Seldo), earie (Eilathen/Laesha) Melwa (Varnyaire) and siddarth (Lari).

Of the above....only Frelga has responded to my re-posting in this OOC. A new addition WaitingCynisism, a Gondorian named Arthion and your ownself!! So at this point it is wide open.

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Frelga » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:46 pm

On the bright side, four writers are not a bad start.

And excuse me, Geli is always the Magnificent. Unless it's Tuesday, on Tuesdays she's the Incredible.
Frelga
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby Quimrill_Renctar » Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:50 am

Noted, Frelga. I shall have to rearrange the schedule of my half-imagined character so that they are “stupendous” on Tuesdays instead of likewise “Incredible.” That was a close call :shock: .... glad you said something. :wink:
Quimrill_Renctar
Ranger of the North

Postby Frelga » Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:13 am

I'll let you in on a secret, Quill. On Tuesdays, Geli is the Incredible on Thursdays. :D She makes no claim on the Stupendous, so that's all yours.
Frelga
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby rwhen » Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:56 am

A thousand pardons your Magnificence!! Now...get off my lawn ya whipper snapper!! :P ;)

Okay....I work the next two days and then will start up the old RP with a new post. If it is okay I will try to include Quill and Arth.....but only as "folks we are yet to meet" so you can still flesh out your characters as you like. Sometimes all it takes is a good kick in the backside to jump start a threat and I am wearin' the boots that can get the job done. ( yikes, that is a bold statement ) *runs*

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Quimrill_Renctar » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:21 pm

Sounds good.

Erm.... uh..... new character....

Okay, okay here we go. Rwhen, in the interest of giving you something to go on I’ll post this up now. Feel free to include Neil to your hearts content! (Just don’t have him bite anyone, he doesn’t do that..... anymore)

Ahem!

Name: Neil

Appearance:
Extremely blonde hair usually hidden underneath a knitted fishing cap. Tall at 6’2” with broad shoulders, almost always habitually stooped. Grey eyes stare out from under wild eyebrows and over a crooked nose (the victim of many a fateful brawl), but he has most of his teeth! (Well one or two gleam with some bling). He always wears a giant leather coat with numerous pockets that would cause him to sink faster than a stone if he ever fell in water.

Equipment:
A donkey named Barthala”mule” (heheheheh) carries a large specialty shaped and designed chest composed of almost countless drawers in which are stashed (with a system known, and somehow memorized, only by Neil) the many tools of his many trades. Sundry raw materials and traveling supplies: bedroll, pans, spices, dried foods, flint, etc. A short sword strapped to his back a bow and quiver stashed with Barty. All his gear is extremely old, but very well taken care of, patched, polished, combed, and mended.

Personality:
Friendly enough. Not very well spoken. Likes to make new friends and loves to accept hospitality (Freeloading is just an ugly word). He also needs to keep his hands busy, so don’t leave anything bocken/torn/not in perfect working order anywhere near him if you like it that way. He will typically make up for the his vast appetite by generally improving the condition of everything around him by the time he leaves. He has an open and honest face and is a practiced listener. He would rather hear about everybody else around him then volunteer anything about himself, but if coaxed into it he is an epic story teller (embellishments and hyperbole abound).

Brief history:
Neil is from a small coastal town in Cape Vorn south-west of the Shire. His father died in a terrible storm out at sea when Neil was a baby. He deckhanded on his grandfather’s fishing vessel for a large portion of his childhood and into his teen years, but never fell in love with the sea. Instead his affections turned inland, and he would often wander far up the cape.

In his mid teens he left Cape Vorn with a peddler/tinkerer that often passed through the villiage, and who was looking for and apprentice to help him as he began to get on in years. Fifteen years, numerous adventures, and many hard lessons later the old peddler retired and Neil took over “the business.” He is increadibly good at fixing things and always seems to have the right tool or material for the job in one of his nearly countless drawers or pockets.

He is currently traveling to the festival knowing that there will be plenty of bussiness along the way and at the event itself.

Aaaaaaaand... done. Okay that is the gist of it! I may try and write up something sort of introductory without drawing in too many other characters, just till we get figured out who around. Don’t wait for me though! I’m going down to Universal in a few days for my brides and my 10th anniversary and will be busy getting ready for that.

~Quill (who is also fond of his self given nick. Okay so the full prophile name was just too long and weird, created by a kid almost twenty years ago who was just a little too “creative.” I’m just so glad some subconscious element left the door open for something simple and catchy. Cut out “IMR” and it was just meant to be. *sigh* I’m tired, its late, I’m rambling)
Quimrill_Renctar
Ranger of the North

Postby Frelga » Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:19 am

Neil sounds very interesting!

Happy anniversary, Quill! Have fun at Universal. Is it the one in California? We were there, but before they added Harry Potter.
Frelga
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby Quimrill_Renctar » Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:02 am

Let’s hope Neil writes as interesting as his bio sounds. Tried to inject a lot of life so he could kinda stand on his own. I don’t like having toooooo much ownership of my characters :P

Universal, Florida actually. we did California a couple years ago. My bride is from the area and grew up with the parks that’away. I am from up North and the biggest thing I had been on before she agreed to marry me was a merry-go-round at the state fair. So she has been getting me caught up bit by bit.

Pretty excited! They just opened the new Harry Potter ride. Hagride’s Wild Ride I think its called. From what we’ve read its pretty epic, though been plagued by a lot of stops and late openings *shrug* we’ll see.
Quimrill_Renctar
Ranger of the North

Postby rwhen » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:21 am

BRAVO Quill!! Love your bio and YES for a writer like me it gives me plenty of material to go with....Fionavar is the only one of the old group that seemed to also have sundry and food on her pony Caloo, so some help would be welcome and fun too. :) I can easily bring you right into the story line as we have just endured a horrid tornado and the area we are set to leave is a wreck. But I should think Caloo has a harness or pack fastener that could use a mending...just sayin'....you'll read it soon.
And congrats on ten years!!! Do I recall you wrote you are from AK???? If yes, that is a long trek to FL...but Universal is totally fun and you MUST go to the Potter part of it and let us all know about Hagrid's Wild Ride...please. Hey the Jurassic part also looks totally interesting as well. Just enjoy your anniversary, we will be here on your return.

Frelga lady....I am off after Monday for three days and you will see a kick start of the original thread. Look for it, watch for it. BTW your "little" man can't be so little any longer with the years that have passed since I read much about him. I am also assuming you are still in Northern CA.....I HAVE to get back there again. The siren call of my beloved "city" pulls at my heart all the time.

Arth/WC (hope that is okay that I shortened both) So that is the sort of bio that is typically left on joining an RP so we know your charrie and can know how to interact with and engage on the RP. It doesn't have to be as extensive as what Quill wrote...but most of us did just that when we all started this journey...quest....thing!! So if you are still interested, please post a bio here. If not, I will write you as a "stranger" approaching with the Gondorian colors about him.

Okay....I am off to work in a few hours, so best get off the boards for now. Happy creative writing!!

Oh and note to Geli.....be prepared for some daring do in the form of jingling and acrobatics :P :P Don't worry, you are safe in my muses hands. *runs very fast*

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Frelga » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:00 am

Rwhen lady, yes, I'm still where you left me. Google Photos just recently came up with a remember the day collage from when you and Drieske met up with me at that Japanese place. But little Lufu is off to college. No, I can't believe it either.

Quill, oh, Florida? Is it like a million degrees there right now? :P Although LA is probably not any better.

WC, you still in?
Frelga
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby Quimrill_Renctar » Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:54 pm

And I do not do well in the heat! I do VERY badly in heat, not to mention humidity! Fresh out of college I lived in Florida for a couple years up in Pensacola. Beautiful area! Could not wait to get away from the heat and the hurricanes.

Rwhen, you can bet we will be spending significant time in the Harry Potter area. Harry Potter is our book series of choice for all our road trips. I think we decided we weren’t quite crazy enough to get those expensive wands and run around waving them at stuff for kicks and giggles. When I went in Cali I did get myself a Ravenclaw tie though. Crossing my fingers that the Wild Ride is open and working and the line isn’t toooooo long. I mean lets face it, its going to be long. I will deffnitelly bring a full report back provided all goes well.

Waiting, WC, Cyn-slice, hoping you are still thinking about joining. Deffinitely think this may be a better venue than the Mithril knights thread since that one is just about finished up (I think). My Bio was a bit long (short compared to some I’ve done :shock: ), but it can deffinitely serve as a good general template. I revealed a lot about Neil’s background and personality, some of which you can reveal just as easily through RP writing. Hope you decide to join up!
Quimrill_Renctar
Ranger of the North

Postby Frelga » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:39 pm

Quill, someone suggested that the name of Miami basketball team should be changed from Heat to Humidity. It seems very reasonable to me. Although I've also experienced zero humidity desert heat, where you can just feel moisture being wicked out of your body along with your life.
Frelga
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby Quimrill_Renctar » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:08 pm

Yeah, by bride hales from the high deserts of South Cali. Whenever we visit in-laws I update my will just Incase this time it does me in. But between the two types of heat, I’ll take high desert every time! I can stand being fried at 110 degrees so long as I’m not getting boiled as well. She has been texting me updates today reguarding the weather conditions in Orlando. Apparently it is poring right now. :P
Quimrill_Renctar
Ranger of the North

Postby rwhen » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:24 am

Update: go ahead and toss tomatoes my way. I got called in for a long shift yesterday and then was asked to work tomorrow and I am already scheduled for Thursday. So a post will have to wait for Friday if I can pull my brain together with all these long hours. Mostly when I get home I just pass out on the couch after a bite to eat.

But I have the outline written and just need to flesh it out a bit more. So look for it watch for it.

*runs for the hail of rotten fruit* :P

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Frelga » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:39 pm

Rwhen darling, don't feel rushed! I'll be lucky to manage a post a week, if that. Besides, Quill is in Hogwarts, and this jester is going on an internet-free vacation in two weeks.
Frelga
GNU Terry Pratchett

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)