Want to be a Mithril Knight? Initiantion thread OOC

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

Re: Want to be a Mithril Knight? Initiantion thread OOC

Postby erinhue » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:01 pm

As to the timing here. My current post has me the day before the day the ceremony should start.

it is still March (first half of the dreaded M&M's) so I will be very busy tommorrow but I got a day off coming and Im taking it wed or thurs. I'm researching for the tapestries, wanna try and make them with some connection to the initiate. I will get the ceremony day started then, by end of the week at worst, bard's promise. :wink:
"Where ever you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Bonzi

erinhue
Warrior/Bard of Belfalas Illuvatar's Bright Spirit

Postby Cock-Robin » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:44 am

That sounds great! Now for the dinner, then we dance! I've already got composed what happens when they go to the armory afterwards. Loved that post. Good thing Tempest wasn't there, she'd want to smash that sword, then you. :twisted: Now to dress for dinner.

Happy New Year!

Meneldor, Warrior Bard, and Brondgast, Mithril Knights

Gwaeryn and Robin, The Expected Party

Meneldor, Alatar and Pallando, Darkness Reigns: The Resistance

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Cock-Robin » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:31 am

Just a mini-post before I have to run off to work.

Happy New Year!

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Claymore » Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:40 pm

C-R post seemed to suggest that it is now the feast before the ceremony, am I right?
Otherwhise I'll remove the bit of Hue or Elbren trying to get people's attention.

Anyway Hue if you are still searching for Djazi's tapestry....
I had already given hints to this at the very beginning of the adventure in 2007 but Djazi's Tribe believes a person has two names. A child name, found by the mother after a year and an adult name found by the shaman after a person's adulthood Hunt.
Djazi never got to hear what his adult name was. He is still using his child name and according to his Tribe that means he only knows half his identity and is vulnerable.
I'm thinking of doing something about it but if you want to play with it as well ... :wink:
Claymore
Rider of the Mark

Postby erinhue » Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:46 pm

thanks that will help me with picking a tapestry for D'jazi now I have some idea of what you want to do with it.

didn't read your post yet but time is a bit flexible as we are coming at this from various view points, the time continuity will really kick in once we are all in the same place. wouldn't do to have different times going on then. My gut says to leave things as they are and I can pick it up from there. I was mostly done with the stuff I wanted to put in for the preparations. Gonna check the post right now

Ok read the post. It is just fine as is. So we're about to begin. I will be the person calling for everyone's attention 8) Sounds just like me don't it ? :wink:

erinhue

Postby Tempest » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:53 pm

Whoops, beat you to it, Hue!!! Hope you don't mind!! :) Okay, I tried to do a short post to give Erinhue the reigns to run the rest of the Initiation. When everyone is done with the process and ready to leave Dol Amroth, Elbren will have instructions and give more illumination as to what's going on in the East, etc. But for now, I look forward to seeing what you all come up with in your Initiations!!!
Tempest
Ranger of the North

Postby Cock-Robin » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:40 pm

Very good, Tempest and Djazi! Well done. I am also preparing Brondgast and Meneldor for the initiation sequence. And I have an idea of what both will find in the armory when they are taken there. It's real exciting. I await with bated breath what Erinhue plans with the tapestries.

Happy New Year!

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby erinhue » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:45 pm

Well you will just have ta wait until I get the words to write it with. I got the idea for two with one to go. Now what does one show to a Great Eagle?

erinhue

Postby Cock-Robin » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:51 pm

Of course I'll leave that to you, Hue. Surprise me. Of course, Thorondor did a lot back then. I'm sure you'll get the words and things as we go along.

Happy New Year!

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby erinhue » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:39 pm

OK gang, we're rolling. I'm too tired for anything more. Jump in if ya feel it but I'm not waiting. Taking off tomorrow and gonna give some time to really work this all out, I have some ideas, one is pretty solid, one is trying to come together and one is just smoke on the water at the moment. I can't see the tapestries yet but there's time yet for that. Next stop the armory. :nono: Don't leave the hall without me. I got a little bit that Elbren set up for initiations to throw in here.

erinhue

Postby Cock-Robin » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:00 pm

I'll have to ponder this, how to proceed. I'll wait on you and Elbren. Smoke on the water? Now you've got that Deep Purple song going in my head:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbXlFjTTqtk

Great intro!

And when we get to the armory, look out! It's going to happen fast and furious.

Happy New Year!

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby erinhue » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:08 pm

I meant Elbren, as in the original Guild Master Elbren , not the Elbren as now written by Tempest. I am trying to follow or at least be guided by the way Elbren set things up when the guild first started.

erinhue

Postby erinhue » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:09 pm

$#@% that post rolled me to an odd number and I hate to leave an odd number when I log off... Oh wait. All fixed now :D

erinhue

Postby Novice » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:58 pm

I've always wanted to do this, but held back because I've so little time available, plus feeling a little intimidated by the pace of storytelling.
Still, I'm willing to try the water; I may find I can swim with the current, or I'll sink.

So, having admitted to all the above, may I?

I would return to my very first character, Morilassë (commonly called Lassë - "Leaf"), who first appeared in The Lucky Fortune Inn years and years ago, and then vanished from the scene.
Novice
Ranger of the North

Postby erinhue » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:51 am

Novice darlin, first off it is mighty fine to see you again. Bang a rang that you want to join up. I know you can do this. :wink:

OK We are about to get the ceremony under way so what you need to do is some way have your character getting to or already at the ceremony. Location wise we are in Dol Amroth. the fact that you used to hang in the Lucky Fortune ( which is currently burned to the ground) could be a nice hook for you to connect if ya want. Or you could be one of the young folk ( a candidate there on try out or a newly arrived wannabe) that have been fixing up the place if you want Just suggestions you do whatever ya want. You could also start your post where ever and then have your character arrive and be there as a witness or get there late but again it is up to you how you write yourself into this tale.

These guys have waited a long time for this, so at the start here they are gonna have the big bits. Once the ceremony is done we have sown the seeds already for our new adventure in the East. We can work it around so that The Bard will be your mentor, due to the old LFI connection if that makes sense to you, but we can wait on that too. I think this is the best way to get you a mentor. Tempest ( as the character Tempest) is not on the scene at the moment and when it comes to it she is already D'jazi's mentor (Hmm will he still need one after the initiation?) The other currently active posters are the initiates and they would not be given the duties of a mentor.

So here we are and here we go. Cannot wait to see how you do this.... and a very heartfelt welcome aboard. :D

erinhue

Postby Tempest » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:30 am

To answer your query, Hue, I think that after the ceremony, any new Knights no longer will have their official Mentors. In fact, once they are official Mithril Knights, they can actually be mentors themselves if they choose....

And I'm glad you're digging up Elbren's original Initiation stuff!!! It gives continuity to our Guild! Thanks!
Tempest
Ranger of the North

Postby Novice » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:39 am

Okely dokely.
As it' in the wee small hour here at the mo, and I have to ne up at 7:30 tomorrow (today), I won't be doing any writing. I'll read the story thtead, plot how I'm going to fit in, and I'll post tomorrow (about 18 hrs from now)

Already I know I'm going to go with the connection with the Inn and the bard I knew back then.

See you soonish.
Novice
Ranger of the North

Postby erinhue » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:55 am

Attention Ladies and Gents....IT'S SHOWTIME! Here's how this is gonna work. Each one of you will go in separately. I just lumped that all together to keep from having to let each one in after the other had finished. I did not intend to list the initiates in any particular order you go when ya feel it. this way you don't have to wait for one to finish all of their posting before you can start posting here. Just make it clear that you are in there alone, no need to mention who went first or to wait for one's complete tale to post.

Use your own imagination to come up with the item. As I said everything and anything ( except Clarion) can be found in there so you have total leeway in what you find and how you want to use it. As I said time will slow down or expand while you are inside It will only be a minute or two for us but for you it can be as long as you like.

The idea is that the item has some meaning or message for you. You can pick up or touch whatever you like but when you have made your choice and touch it again after choosing it then you will have your message or whatever you want to get from it.

If I remember correctly when I was initiated I went in and chose a ring I found. It turned out to be Mythweaver, Air Ring of the Wordsmith. The ring has the power to enhance the effect The Bard's words but also to transfer his emotion to others as he talks or sings should he so desire. Pretty handy item if ya happen to be a bard. that is what I did you can do what ever you want.

OK now, go for it and don't eff it up =:)

erinhue

Postby Cock-Robin » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:27 pm

I did it, a post, nay two, I was thinking of for some time, and it finally came to pass! Look out world!

Happy New Year!

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby erinhue » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:34 pm

That was just grand C-R you do know that gem of Meneldor's can't just be pretty :wink:

erinhue

Postby Cock-Robin » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:37 pm

Yep, possibly, but he doesn't know what it can do...yet. He just picked it up because of the memories that went with it. I am not even sure what it can do.

Happy New Year!

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Claymore » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:11 pm

So... Belthroding... I guess the parallels between Djazi and Beleg were getting a bit too obvious too ignore especially with Djazi already holding Gurthang's brother. :wink:
I imagine Belthronding to be a bit like a Korean Horsebow though bigger. Korean horsebows are tiny bows especially compared to longbows. They shoot like a dream though and can be pretty powerful and fast despite their small size. I love mine to pieces.

ALso Hue. You've fudged Djazi's origins by 90 degrees, he's a Southron not an Easterling. :wink: If he was from the east I would probably have written him a bit more asiatic.
Claymore
Rider of the Mark

Postby Cock-Robin » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:45 pm

That was an amazing post, Claymore! Us three new initiates should make quite a mark. I was planning Brondgast's post for months. Here's an idea of what the Stone of Bar looks like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Q6WCdQm2Jo

And maybe it can even let him talk while in bear form, like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Amd7aZeuGfk

LOL.

Happy New Year!

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby erinhue » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:20 pm

Sorry Claymore, I admit I could not remember and flipped a coin that came up wrong. Will go change that. Now off to read your post

erinhue

Postby erinhue » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:40 pm

Read it and it was grand Claymore. this went a lot quicker than I thought but then again you guys have had a lot of time to think about this.

What I am gonna do take a minute to figure the tapestries out. I will take each one of you to yours and then describe it, or vice versa. I'll give ya the instructions in the post and then you can each take it away.

Busy tomorrow but I got the weekend free. Princess Niki is taking the littles out somewhere and Uncle Dan is tagging along that gives me a good couple of hours alone to work this out. Won't take too long cause I'm starting to see Brondgast's tapestry as I type this. :wink:

erinhue

Postby Novice » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:06 am

Well, that was fun, even though my first RP post in almost 10 years coincided with TORC going down just as I tried to post - hence this is later than planned. :)

I'm in the Antipodes, so I'm posting at the opposite end of the 24 hours to you, so my posts may be a little lagging.

I'm a little rusty at this, but I'll find my stride. It's a mere intro - Lasse will appear in the hall or gallery soon enough.
Novice
Ranger of the North

Postby erinhue » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:22 am

YeeeHa! I smell a ringer. Rusty??? Girrrrl I'd hate ta see what ya post once the gears get a good coat of oil :Q Novice, darlin' , You are gonna do just fine. Can't wait ta see what ya got for us :D

erinhue

Postby erinhue » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:23 am

Well boys and girls from what I can see We gots us a story :D

erinhue

Postby Teltasarewen » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:48 pm

And what a story it looks like it's going to be. Great posts everyone! :D
Teltasarewen
Ranger of the North

Postby erinhue » Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:37 pm

So when are we gonna see one from you, darlin'? :roll:

Was checking the invite post in Talk. there's a lot of interest out there...let's hope some of them get up the courage to come and try out. I told'em we didn't bite, much =:)

erinhue

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)