Want to be a Mithril Knight? Initiantion thread OOC

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

Re: Want to be a Mithril Knight? Initiantion thread OOC

Postby Teltasarewen » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:21 pm

Are you talking to me Hue? :oops: If so I haven't done anything so involved since the Red Dawn of Esgaroth and what a ride that was. And I dare not mention how long ago it was. :Q But it does sound like fun.
Teltasarewen
Ranger of the North

Postby erinhue » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:26 pm

Of course I'm talking to you Telta darlin' You already know how much fun it is... and ya already know how to do it, you are a Mithril Knight after all....Hmmm I remember the Red Dawn alrighty but what I don't recall is if you ever went through the Initiation and took the oath. I know I was your mentor in a sort of group KiT adventure but that's all I remember. I am an old bard now. :(
"Where ever you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Bonzi

erinhue
Warrior/Bard of Belfalas Illuvatar's Bright Spirit

Postby erinhue » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:42 pm

I have a confession to make here boys and girls. I made a mistake or misremembered this. I have been going over the threads on the guild website and I see that I did indeed make a mistake. I think that it needs to be corrected and is probably a lot more fair.

I said that I would come up with a tapestry for each of the inductees. I found a description of the Initiation Room, Apparently the Dol Amorth guild House is the main one and the room is physically there...but part of the magic of the guild houses is the ability to "magically" recreate the Initiation Room in any one of them.

Ok now here's the thing. There are four tapestries in there, a series that shows the progression of a battle. the initiates are put in the room and sent into the tapestries to join that long ago battle. From what I have read so far this set of tapestries depicts the origins of the Mithril Knights.

My problem. I wanted to keep as much of what Elbren originally set up to use in this initiation. I don't want to go reinvent the wheel and as Guild Master for the Bards I would not like anyone monkeying around with the works over there so I don't really want to do it here. But if anything, I am a man of my word and I did say that I would come up with a tapestry for each one of you Yep I said that before I thought of finding the guild house and checking it out there.

I do like the idea of keeping what is already in place. I am checking to see if this is the only way it was done in the past. The threads are not complete so there might be some wiggle room there. Also since we re-instituted the Guild presence on the boards, that would be good reason that we have change or strayed from the strict following of what went on before in the past. Our last tale was a continuation of the one before so in this new reborn guild there has not been an initiation ceremony, that I remember :roll: , so no reason we can't start a new tradition.

I am not an original member of this guild Too busy getting the Bards off the ground at the time. I think that Tempest is the only original member still active but again I could be wrong on that. The point is I do not feel right making this call all on my own. I could do it, I got the :cavetroll: sized ego to go with that but I am a democratic kinda guy and so I ask you all. Do we use the original or do I try to come up with something original? Knights, What say ye?

erinhue

Postby Teltasarewen » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:55 pm

Alas no Hue no Initiation. I am not sure where I would begin. :?
Teltasarewen
Ranger of the North

Postby erinhue » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:05 pm

Well, you could always arrive late and get in on this one. you did your KiT in the Red Dawn thread and did a bang a rang job of it too as I recall. I need to get some feed back and work on the next post here. Even if I use the original plan it needs tweaking to fit into what we have going. Tempest is writing for Elbren at the moment but she said to let the Herald conduct the ceremony. If ya want you got time to write yourself in. You know The Bard so ya got my permission if you want to use him in your post to get you into that armory You see how that part goes since the others have done it already.

Really let me know if you want to join us and I will put in a stall and maybe an opening for you to get in. Novice is already working on gaining entry so you might catch up, perhaps meet her and both come in or interrupt or what ever I don't know, I'd just love ta have ya aboard :D

erinhue

Postby Tempest » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:21 pm

Everyone's posts have been fantastic!! Good writing, and more importantly, good reading!! :)

Telta, join us!!

Hue, I will confess I was a little confused by your talk before of coming up with tapestries for each initiate, because I remember that we all used the same tapestry of the same battle, though our individual experiences within the tapestry differed. I think you have wiggle room if you want it, but I also think it's perfectly fine to use what was done before, because each Initiate's experience will differ anyway....I vote for whatever is easiest for you!! :P
Tempest
Ranger of the North

Postby erinhue » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:34 pm

the coin is still flipping in the air, but I am leaning to keeping the original format :wink:

erinhue

Postby Cock-Robin » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:48 pm

Novice, you did such an awesome post, I can't wait to see you starting here! And I think we all are going to be stumbling over each other for the chance to mentor you.

Wow, did all the shaking up with the Stone claiming Brondgast cause TORC to crash for a while? I didn't know the effects would be so long range. Tempest, the ball is in your court. I can't wait to see it from you or you, Hue! And any other MK's, please jump in. Parador? Idril? Vana? Guru? Come on, let's roll!

Come on, kiddies, pet the nice mechanical vampire reindeer. We won't bite...much...hahahahahooo!

Meneldor, Warrior Bard, and Brondgast, Mithril Knights

Gwaeryn and Robin, The Expected Party

Meneldor, Alatar and Pallando, Darkness Reigns: The Resistance

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Cock-Robin » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:05 pm

And speaking of that, Novice, you're inspiring a post from me. You're about to get the attention of a Bear. :twisted:

Come on, kiddies, pet the nice mechanical vampire reindeer. We won't bite...much...hahahahahooo!

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby erinhue » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:25 pm

I am hoping to hear from Telta if she wants in. We are at a point that I could easily add a stall between portions of the initiation Since she has met the requirements she could be inducted here.

Not gonna wait too long for an answer darlin' I don't mean you have to write a post first just wanna know if you want in. If ya do I can stop and let ya in, get ya into the armory and up ta speed. If I take that break It could give Novice a chance for her character to find the bard. I don't want to stretch this out especially since the lay out is pretty cut and dried and I know some folk that have already been waiting a long time. Send up some smoke Telta and let me know. IF you want in later that is ok too but if you were gonna come in I figure you might as well get in on the swearing in. Talk to me.

erinhue

Postby Novice » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:36 pm

Goodness!Well A bear, eh? I'll be in the kitchen, fortifying myself for the encounter. ;)
Novice
Ranger of the North

Postby Cock-Robin » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:37 pm

My post is up. Your turns, Hue and Novice. Telta, go for it! I can't wait for you to join the party! I hope you don't mind me moving Lasse out of the kitchen to meet Brondgast and Hue.

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Cock-Robin » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:42 pm

And is it possible that Brondgast will be Lasse's mentor in the adventure that is to come? Very possible.

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Teltasarewen » Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:24 am

Alright Hue count me in. :D And thanks for the invite.

I shall clear up the cobwebs from this old elf's mind and join this story. How can I refuse such an invite. Hope I still have at least a fraction of what I had back then. :wink:

I shall arrive a bit late just give me a moment or two to figure it out... :D
Teltasarewen
Ranger of the North

Postby Teltasarewen » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:08 am

Hope that post is okay. I wanted to get a post in so you don't have to wait for me. :) It's a start.
Teltasarewen
Ranger of the North

Postby erinhue » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:24 pm

More than OK :D Glad to see ya on the scene Telta darlin' Welcome aboard

I got confused ( I did say I was an old bard) and posted this in the story thread by mistake. I have corrected it. The point of it seems moot at the moment but............

Bravo C-R. I was wondering what you were gonna do to intro Novice's character. Grand start for a stall and it gives an opening not only for Novice but there could be two, with Telta popping up at the same time. Will that work for ya Telta? Everyone? I will wait a bit for response or take it from there If I get an idea Just want to get Telta in to the tale in time for her to have her initiation as well. I think she has waited long enough... since the Red Dawn adventure.

And...unless I hear some objections, I am gonna go with the original set up as far as the tapestries go. Keeps everyone on an even field. :wink:

erinhue

Postby Teltasarewen » Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:07 pm

Thanks Hue and I did notice the umm error with your post. But you old...nah. :D
Teltasarewen
Ranger of the North

Postby Cock-Robin » Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:41 pm

Great intro, Telta! Hue, I'll leave the response to Telta to you. Brondgast is focused on Lasse at the moment. Telta is focused on meeting Hue, and I excuse the fact she didn't notice a Great Eagle towering over her and a bear nearby, LOL. I see you edited your post before I saw it, I wondered what it was, with both Clarion and Agarak responding to what happened to Brondgast.

Oops, I now saw why you edited your post, Hue. Sorry for the oversight. :blush:

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Cock-Robin » Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:09 pm

And Hue, I'll go along with whatever you choose on the tapestries, either the traditional or what you had planned. Although I'm curious on what scene you had planned for each of us, especially Brondgast.

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby erinhue » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:30 pm

Called the toss and it came up heads. we go with the original. Since we do have a tradition and many a fine Knight has gone through that ceremony I'm saying we go with the original. It is late in The City now and this old bard is puttin' his bones ta bed. I already see this meeting of old friends and I can actually cut and paste a lot of the tapestry stuff. OK boys and girls... here we go 8)

EDITED TO ADD Ooo Ooo I just got an idea that might work. You just might get to see that tapestry C-R m'boy. We'll see what ya do do with it when it shows up. :twisted:

I know I know I never edit but I am tired and I didn't wanna mess up that nice round number :wink:

erinhue

Postby Cock-Robin » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:44 am

Very good! I'm with you on anything you do. I'll look up the original tapestry on the site and see what it is. :)

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby erinhue » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:03 am

There is a link to the Guildhouse website in the guild thread down in A&G Go to Annals of the Guild and click on the third Initiation link. That would be Parador's Initiation and the tapestries are described there... Maybe other places as well but that is where I'm looking.

erinhue

Postby Cock-Robin » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:33 pm

Thanks, Hue, I'm reading it. Novice, I hope I didn't scare you away. I hope I see you again here and see what Lasse has to say there. :)

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby erinhue » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:44 pm

FYI the second Initiation link is to my initiantion :D Gonna go read through that again :wink: It was a long time ago :roll:

erinhue

Postby erinhue » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:47 pm

OK Telta, darlin' you're on. the instructions are just like I said in the story thread. anything you want can be in there. What you choose and what it means or what the message is, is up to you. You can find out something about it now like Brondgast did or you can pick something and not get anything specific ...at the moment, anyway, like Meneldor Whatever you want is aces with me. any questions :?

erinhue

Postby Novice » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:04 pm

Not scared, just flat out at work preparing for an exhibition opening. It comes in waves. :)

I'll write tonight.

(See, this is why I've been so reluctant to get involved in a story - It's so unfair to leave people hanging)

ETA: Hue, could you give me a link to the Guild website? I think I need to do some research.

Also, Lasse is going to take some time revealing her secrets in-thread, but some of her characteristics will manifest whether she likes it or not. If anyone is going to interact with her, it would be pertinent to you to know that stuff as a writer (though your characters will remain ignorant and/or baffled), so if you are going to write her (and I'm looking at you, Cock-Robin) let me know - I may send you some background knowledge about her.
Novice
Ranger of the North

Postby erinhue » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:13 pm

Darlin' I plumb forgot how to do that but a link is right at the beginning of the first post in the Mithril Knights thread down in A&G

erinhue

Postby erinhue » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:15 pm

And you'll have some time, we still got an initiation or two going on.

erinhue

Postby Novice » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:24 pm

Found the link (so easy after I realised I should be in A & G. D'uh!) :)
Novice
Ranger of the North

Postby Cock-Robin » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:27 pm

I pulled the link and I'll put it here:

http://www.mithrilknights.org/index.html

Glad to hear from you, Novice! And don't worry, you're doing fine. :)

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)