» Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:18 pm
The next morning slept away to afternoon when the bronze bells in the Guild House towers began to ring, calling everyone to the Great Hall. A sumptuous meal was set out on the long table. The meal was occasion for much gossip about the prior night’s events and some good natured joking at the expense of the Initiates. When the servers came to clear away the empty platters and dishes, Erinhue stood up.
“My fellow Knights, We have unfinished business this morning.”
The Guild Herald of the Order of the Mithril Knights walked down to the end of the table and motioned for the other initiates to come and take a place beside Meneldor. A knight in training brought him a large scroll. Erinhue opened it and began to read the Oath of the Order.
"Chivalry is a high code of honour which is of most ancient origin and must be lived by all who would be a Mithril Knight.
It must be keened that thoughts and intent put forth on this middle earth will wax strong in other worlds beyond, and return...bringing into creation, on this world, that which had been sent forth. Thus one should exercise discipline, for "as ye do plant, so shall ye harvest."
"This above all...to thine own self be true."
A Mithril Knight's word must have the validity of a signed and witnessed oath. Thus give thy word sparingly, but adhere to it like iron.
5. Refrain from speaking ill of others, for not all truths of the matter may be known.
6. Pass not unverified words about another, for hearsay is, in large part, a thing of falsehoods.
7. Be thou honest with others, and have them known that honesty is likewise expected from them.
8. The fury of the moment plays folly with the truth, to keep ones head is a virtue.
9. Contemplate always the consequences of thine acts upon others. Strive not to harm.
10. Dignity, a gracious manner and a good humor are much to be admired.
11. Courage and honour endure forever. Their echoes remain when the mountains have fallen and crumbled to dust.
12. Pledge friendship and fealty to those who so warrant. Strengthen those of the brethren and they shall strengthen thee.
13. Thou shalt not reveal the secrets of the Mithril Knights Guild or any secrets trusted to you by a fellow Guild member.
14. Have pride in thy self and seek perfection in body and in mind. For it is said "How cans't thou honour another, lest they honour thy self first?"
When he had finished reading The Oath of the Mithril Knights, Erinhue spent a moment studying the face of each one of the four that stood before him.
“What say ye? Do you accept and swear this Oath?”
"Where ever you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Bonzi