The Mithril Knights Shadows in the East OOC

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

Re: The Mithril Knights Shadows in the East OOC

Postby WaitingCynicism » Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:48 am

Quimrill_Renctar wrote:Sorry for the long reply, Waiting, I just wanted to give you some idea of where to go from where you are at.

I get what you are saying. The fact is that in the “present” (in story moment) the entire groupe of Mithril Knights engaged in this story are currently hundreds (thousands?) of leagues away from the guild hall down in a mine, actively engaged with the enemy. Its fine with me (not that my opinion in any way really matters, I’m not inducted yet myself) that you write your characters being introduced back at the guild hall, but I don’t know that any of us have characters back there to great Beornstan and Leofric, so don’t expect much in the way of response.

If we are talking flashback to a greeting, I think that’s a great way to start! Maybe Leofric is remembering their first interactions and marveling that now here they are in a dark mine about to die (maybe). I wouldn’t wait for us to reply to the flashback though. Writing in two different time frames is going to be a little too challenging at this point. At least for me. After all we are going to be trying very hard to wrap this thing up in the next month or two. If you want your characters in on the action they need to be where we are now, not gradually working up to it. If you look back in the thread, that’s how Paul arrived. One of the KITs suddenly grew a personality and a name and a backstory. That’s why the KITs are there is to be cooped by new players. You can always just have two of the KITs be your two characters and write some of the backstory and what they have been up to in the beginning of a post that ends with them having been with the Mithril knights the whole excursion, or even meeting up with them before they go into the mine and now, here they are.

Maybe record (in retrospect) what they were doing during some of the key elements of the story. (The pirate phase, the carny phase, the battle outside the easterling town, the decent into the mine, the trap room.) Let us know what their thoughts and feelings are about some of their fellow KITs and the Mithril Knights.

For example. My character just got bandaged up by a rather timid Knight in training. That could have been Leofric! Or not, up to you. Maybe Beornstan is standing in line with the other knights holding a shield and wetting his pants because he is so afraid of the dark and what lurks in it, or.... he’s eager to get into the battle and frustrated that Telta and Paul are running out front into the action and he’s stuck in the shield formation. Now he decides its his time to shine and disobeys orders and rushes in. As a result he.............: saves a life? Costs somebody their life? Gets wounded? Gets chastised? Gets complimented for taking initiative? The sky is the limits (except there is no sky, we are stuck down in a dank mine :) )

Sorry again for the length of this reply, Cynicism. I don’t want you to get frustrated, I just want you to successfully integrate your characters into our story if you really want to. I love writing and I hope you do too.

OKAY, that said. I’m going to finish up my post! I’ve got a few spots where I can incorporate some Leofric and Beornstan interactions with Paul (in the heat of battle) if Waiting want sot bring them in. If I don’t hear anything in the next couple days, I’ll just post it and hand the ball off to Tempest. Cheers!

~Quill

That sounds good to me!
WaitingCynicism
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Quimrill_Renctar » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:22 pm

Okay, posted the long promised post.

Tempest, they are headed (hopefully) to you. Feel free to have them arive (if that is indeed the plan) and touchingly reuniunize, or some such. If you want to share any of what you have planned for the endgame with me, that’s cool. I don’t know whether you are thinking, lets end this thing as soon as possible or whether there is a twist or two left to introduce. I am game either way, just want this thread to have a nice resolution.

Waiting, I did not include your dudes because I’m still not 100% sure what you want to do with them. So let me know, or jump in or whatever :)

~Quill
Quimrill_Renctar
Ranger of the North

Location: A little patch of paradise I like to call... the backside of nowhere

Postby WaitingCynicism » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:14 pm

Quimrill_Renctar wrote:Okay, posted the long promised post.

Tempest, they are headed (hopefully) to you. Feel free to have them arive (if that is indeed the plan) and touchingly reuniunize, or some such. If you want to share any of what you have planned for the endgame with me, that’s cool. I don’t know whether you are thinking, lets end this thing as soon as possible or whether there is a twist or two left to introduce. I am game either way, just want this thread to have a nice resolution.

Waiting, I did not include your dudes because I’m still not 100% sure what you want to do with them. So let me know, or jump in or whatever :)

~Quill

I wasn't certain either, I can do whatever with them, so help would be appreciated. I am out of town from today until the 16th
WaitingCynicism
Citizen of Imladris

Previous

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)