OOC – The Gathering Storm - Celebrating 4 years

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

Postby Finrod_the_Faithful » Mon May 31, 2004 6:47 pm

OK, I too shall put down a little something to get myself started...
Finrod_the_Faithful
Ranger of the North

Postby hamlet » Tue Jun 01, 2004 5:48 am

Glad to see the greatest RP thread of all isn't going to die. At least not without a fight.:)

Tonight, I've got a real life RP to hit, so I'll be doing a bit of prep-work between job applications today. So, hopefully tomorrow sometime, I shall be able to post something.

It's a little late, and it's a little rich on words, poor on action, but it's a beginning.

Just a curiosity, would anybody here be interested in an RP of Arthurian Myth? It's hard to find people who are interested in serious RP's anymore, or, frankly, those inducted into the mysteries of heavy RPing. Just fishing.:)
hamlet
Ringbearer

Postby Finrod_the_Faithful » Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:46 pm

It's been a long delay, but my sister-in-law in much better, as is the baby, so we should have a bit more time here in the coming days.

I can see that Nerdanel has been logged in, but I haven't had time to track her down. Any word about when profiles (and e-mail addresses!) are up again?

Tepmpest, I'm not sure what we're going to accomplish at this first contact. I'll e-mail you when I have a chance.
Finrod_the_Faithful
Ranger of the North

Postby Tempest » Wed Jul 07, 2004 1:43 pm

Finrod,

I'm in England at the moment and I won't be back in the US until July 10th, so don't expect any reply until then, since I won't be using the internet.

Glad to hear all is well!
Tempest
Ranger of the North

Postby Tempest » Fri Jul 23, 2004 1:41 pm

Forgive the long absence on my part! I shall try to be more diligent in the coming months. Summer is just such a crazy time for me.

By the way, Finrod, darling, I noticed that you said the "King and Queen" are at the head of the group. I left the MOS back at the camp, so it's just the lovely Queen of Mordor at this little meeting.

She'll try to be on her best behavior. :twisted:
Tempest
Ranger of the North

Postby Finrod_the_Faithful » Tue Jul 27, 2004 4:46 pm

Thanks for pointing out that inconguency (one of a thousand in this story!). I'll go back and edit my post, Tempest.

Look for my e-mail (finally). :D
Finrod_the_Faithful
Ranger of the North

Postby hamlet » Tue Jul 27, 2004 4:49 pm

Excellent. Glad to see the GOT (grand old thread) getting some life back to it.:)

Nice post, Tempest.
hamlet
Ringbearer

Postby Finrod_the_Faithful » Tue Jul 27, 2004 5:20 pm

OK, last post edited and long, rambling e-mail sent. I CCed it to you Hamlet, since it concerns you!
Finrod_the_Faithful
Ranger of the North

Postby Naveen » Tue Aug 03, 2004 10:31 pm

Sorry for the lag time betweens posts, but RL has been busy. I’m also having a hard time writing both the antagonist and protagonist views in this particular scenario, but I’ll keep slugging away at it. :roll: One more post should wrap up the demise of the WK. I’ll try to have it done soon. :)
Naveen
Shield Bearer

Postby hamlet » Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:29 pm

I promise that something'll happen in my next post.:) :oops:

But, as of this moment, I'm not even sure if I'll be in the same time zone 24 hours from now.
hamlet
Ringbearer

Postby Belegûr » Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:44 pm

Argh...I keep forgetting I turned the email alert off...

So I forget to check if anything is happening here.

A LOT of stuff happening with the start of a new term and the exams from...er...Angband coming up in a few months, so I haven't had a lot of time to think about the Story lately :(

Hopefully, things will calm down in a couple of weeks...
Belegûr
Mariner

Postby Finrod_the_Faithful » Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:13 am

Naveen! Wow!
:shock:

(I'm sending you an email)
Finrod_the_Faithful
Ranger of the North

Postby Finrod_the_Faithful » Wed Sep 08, 2004 4:44 am

he kids are back at school and the political convention is over. Things seem to be getting back to normal.

I've been searching back to find out exactly how old Eldarion and his sisters (can't remember their names - isn't one Gilraen?) is. I remember that BD gave us a rough estimate long ago, but I can't seem to find it. I've been operating under the asumption that he's about 60 or 70 years and appears to be in his 30s.
Finrod_the_Faithful
Ranger of the North

Postby Sauron's_Nagging_Wife » Thu Sep 09, 2004 9:13 am

I think this is what you're looking for:

Barad-dur wrote:I don't think that there are any 'exact' sources for this, but my guess is that Eldarion and his siblings would be at least 100 years old. Being half elven/half pure-blooded Dunedain would mean that they are still fairly young, probably about in their early thirties physically.

This is from Encyclopedia of Arda:
Almost the only definite statement about him came from his father, who commented that he was 'full-ripe for kingship' in The Tale of Aragorn and Arwen (given in Appendix A I (v) to The Lord of the Rings). Aragorn's ancestors had tended to take over their duties as Chieftain at about the age of ninety: if Eldarion followed this pattern, this would place his birth in the years around IV 30.

I guess he would be about 90, and the sisters a bit younger.
Gilraen was the freaky one with the psychic abilities. The other was Steward of Annuminas, and I think her name was Ancalime
Sauron's_Nagging_Wife
Ranger of the North

Postby Nerdanel » Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:27 pm

Just writing I'm still here... I started developing an incapacitating depression about the time I was last active at The Gathering Storm and didn't have the mental energy to even look at the thread since.

Now I'm supposed to be working on my master's thesis and behind the schedule, but I'll look what I can contribute. For one thing I'm not certain if this thread is good for my thesis even beyond the time factor. The thesis needs to be in Finnish and it seems to me I have lately developed a difficulty in composing in Finnish because I use too much English in my everyday Internet life.

You can email me at maija dot toivola at tut dot fi. I haven't changed my email but the old system of addresses was removed from use because it collectively attracted too much spam.
Nerdanel
Ranger of the North

Postby Sauron's_Nagging_Wife » Wed Sep 15, 2004 7:48 pm

Nerdanel! Glad to see you!

I'm sorry to hear about your depresion. It happens to all of us at times. I certainly hope things are going better for you now.
By the way, how would you translate sisu into English?

Not much has happened to your character since you were last here. :D Hunter/Naveen has been writing all the characters in that storyline, and we all thing she's done a fantastic job!

I snorted with laughter when I read your comments about English and FInnish. I remember driving myself and my colleagues mad when I was living abroad when we could think of the word for "the day after tomorrow" in English. There is one word in Japanese, but there is no word in English! It took us hours to figure it out!
Sauron's_Nagging_Wife
Ranger of the North

Postby Finrod_the_Faithful » Fri Sep 17, 2004 8:05 am

Glad to see you back, Nerdanel!

We grew up speaking Italian and the local dialect, but my education whas wholly in English, so I can hardly write in proper grammatical Italian. :roll:
Finrod_the_Faithful
Ranger of the North

Postby Sauron's_Nagging_Wife » Fri Sep 24, 2004 7:25 am

Hunter: excellent, as usual :)

Tempest and Finrod: it's getting interesting! :D I love the way the king's character is developing (finally!). He was just a toy for Legrace for so long!
Sauron's_Nagging_Wife
Ranger of the North

Postby Naveen » Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:02 pm

Thanks SNW and Finrod :)

Hello Nerdanel, I’m sorry to hear about your depression and hope that all is well with you now. Good luck with your thesis. :)

As SNW stated, I have included all of the characters of the Carn Dûm scenario in my posts. The next post I am working on will have Naveen, Inwir, Nerdanel and Orodreth on the move back to Imladris. If you are unable to contribute anything at this time, I will, with your permission, continue to write about the character of Nerdanel until such a time as you are able to take her up again.

You may e-mail me at hunter_lotr at hotmail.com with any concerns you may have.

Finrod and Tempest, this is great stuff! 8)

Naveen/Hunter
Last edited by Naveen on Sat Oct 30, 2004 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Naveen
Shield Bearer

Postby Sauron's_Nagging_Wife » Thu Oct 28, 2004 5:33 pm

Tempest seems to be missing in action. I can't really respond until we see what she's going to do.

Maybe the folks in the north can keep moving. Is Elladan going back to Imladris?

:)
Sauron's_Nagging_Wife
Ranger of the North

Postby Tempest » Fri Oct 29, 2004 1:45 pm

So sorry! I'm here and have posted! I'm sorry for causing this to back up!

But then again, I am playing an evil character, so it come with the job description. :twisted:
Tempest
Ranger of the North

Postby Naveen » Sat Oct 30, 2004 1:29 pm

Good stuff Tempest! :)

It may be a few more days before I have a post ready, but my group is heading to Imladris.
Naveen
Shield Bearer

Postby Finrod_the_Faithful » Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:01 pm

Cool...
I imagine things are going to start getting very, very interesting soon, and it's Legrace who's going to be in the hot seat. :D

My next Elladan post is almost finished. I decided to pick up on a storyline that Inwir left awhile ago and bring in Eldarion's sisters.

I think a group e-mail is in order....
Finrod_the_Faithful
Ranger of the North

Postby Finrod_the_Faithful » Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:22 am

Asaris, if you're around, I'm unable to reach you by your previous email (the one from MSU) and I would like to ask you something about your character.

Try me at the_playboy_of_imladris@yahoo.com, or post here and I'll reroute the e-mail.
Thanks!
Finrod_the_Faithful
Ranger of the North

Postby Finrod_the_Faithful » Wed Nov 10, 2004 8:16 am

Those of you reading the latest will notice that I seem to have thrown a monkey wrench into my own plans. :P I think it was pretty authentic behavior, and I can't imagine what Legrace is going to do now, poor sad wounded lady. ANd I can hardly wait to find out!
:D
Finrod_the_Faithful
Ranger of the North

Postby Sauron's_Nagging_Wife » Thu Nov 11, 2004 8:56 am

I'm so used to twisting people's words to use against them that it's strange to have an opportunity so obvious left for me.

Hang on!
Let's go!
:D=:):D
Sauron's_Nagging_Wife
Ranger of the North

Postby Sauron's_Nagging_Wife » Sat Nov 27, 2004 8:39 am

Back now from the annual visit to Finrod's previous in-laws so they can see their grandsons... it's always a hard visit despite us all getting along very well. :(

Tempest, I'm not sure whether she would take the men prisoner or send them back (since she needs the alliance so desperately)
Also, Legrace tempted her with the image of the attractive Eldarion only because he's such a beautiful man (and would tempt any female!) not because of anything that has been said or done before.
:)
Sauron's_Nagging_Wife
Ranger of the North

Postby Finrod_the_Faithful » Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:21 pm

Elrohir's just not having a very good day....

Hunter, I wonder if you have something planned for Imladris when they meet to discuss Benoit's message. I have ideas swirling in my head!!
Finrod_the_Faithful
Ranger of the North

Postby Sauron's_Nagging_Wife » Sat Jan 22, 2005 8:17 am

Holy mackerel, Finrod, I knew that it would be coming eventually that Eldarion found out the truith, but that one just knocked me out. It was too sad - I was crying when I read it!
:( :cry:

Poor Elrohir! Poor Eldarion! I feel almost guilty! (Almost)
Sauron's_Nagging_Wife
Ranger of the North

Postby Finrod_the_Faithful » Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:41 am

Sorry about the sadness, my dear. I don't know whether it was too drastic or too subtle, but Eldarion would have felt totally betrayed by Elrohir and probably would have liked to kill him.

Making use of currently being snowed in to get in another post...
Finrod_the_Faithful
Ranger of the North

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)