OOC Mithril Knights Warrior's Guild

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

Postby Guruthostirn » Tue May 22, 2007 2:46 pm

I do like that idea...and it would give us the chance to move onto a new phase of the MK's.

I hate to say it, but for right now it looks like we should shift Elbren out of the way a bit as a character...and regrouping certainly seems like a great idea. It allows us to tidy up the current story, and move onto something entirely new.
Guruthostirn
Mariner

Postby Vanaladiel » Wed May 23, 2007 10:41 pm

Then lets do it!!! :yippie:
Image Spring come quickly!!
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Rholarowyn » Fri May 25, 2007 7:15 am

For now it looks as though there are 4 of us who are interested. :)

Before we can start we need to figure out the summary and where that would put us now. Didn't this battle start out at the Guildhouse in Mirkwood?

One thought I had is that in the battle the MK's got separated, meaning those of us who want to continue on have been separated from the others. Perhaps the battle took a turn for the worse or part of the MK group had to retreat and the other group headed off in a different direction. This would need an interesting explanition since the Knights wouldn't normally separate (for the long term) during battle unless it was for a good reason.

Also, Elbren had a broken leg and needed help. This is another factor to consider as to why the Knights might have separated. Some of the options I see for our group is 1) we found out some more information and pursued it apart from the others. 2) One or two of us got captured and the others are going to help get them back. 3) The battle took a turn for the worse and we were cut off from the others. 4) The battle didn't take a turn for the worse and our group won and Elbren then sent our group onto to Lake Town.

These are just some ideas I've had. If the rest of you have any or any variations of these lets take them out. :)

Edited to add:

What if Elbren got captured and our group took off in search of him? Sadly, this also echos our current situation as well in that we truely don't know where Elbren is. :( The only problem I see with this idea is that we may never be able to resolve this kind of a storyline if Elbren doesn't come back to the boards.

So True the Arrow, So Steady the Hand

No word in your quiver goes errant,
no thought from your bow is misspent,
no image falls short of your target,
so true are the arrows thus sent.
Your heart with a steady compunction
pulls the bowstrings few others could ply,
your story does more than just function--
your steady hand helps my heart fly!

Thank you Parm for your wonderful poem. :heart:

Sharing another adventure with Eari in the Scriptorium: Once There Were Words
Rholarowyn
Warrior Bard of the White Tower

Postby Vanaladiel » Fri May 25, 2007 9:32 am

I seem to remember that we already fought at Lake Town and that some of us under the leadership of Anorast were on our way to The Lonely Mountain to help the dwarves. Unless I am forgetting something that is where some of us were.

I am all for starting a new thread of continuation for the Mithril Knights. Starting with a recap of what had befallen us and how we finally got together to continue our fight of the Red Hammer.
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Kaya » Tue May 29, 2007 2:42 am

I just wanted to pop in to tell you all how happy I am to see this magnificent RP might come back to live. Wishing you all a grand voyage once again. :D :yippie:
Also writing Arunakhôr, Elenya Elemmirë, Bréhon, Berhelf, Heldred, Kos el-Qadah and Elengurth.

The Dúnedain of the North: The Drake Hunt

A Tale or Two

On a writing adventure with Jaeniver in Scriptorium: Crossroads

Proud member of the Class of '02

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Art by Lane Brown
Kaya
Dúnadaneth

Postby Guruthostirn » Tue May 29, 2007 7:28 am

Yep, last we were was part of the group was heading off towards the Lonely Mountain, while several others remained at the camp outside Lake Town with Elbren.

I'm thinking, unless I hear otherwise, I'll start working on a summary post, something to get us finished, and started.

Do we want a new thread, or continue in the current one? A Chapter 2, so to speak.
Guruthostirn
Mariner

Postby Rholarowyn » Tue May 29, 2007 9:38 am

OK I must have stopped participating in the story earlier than I realized. Guru, Vana, and Tempest, were you three in the group that had continued on to the Lonely Mountain?

Rholarowywn had been shot by an arrow so she would have needed some recovery time. Bryttar (if I choose to bring him back into this story) was last written on the battle field.

Guru, so was the MK group basically in two different groups at the time the story stopped?

Also, I'm thinking that we may want to start a new thread. Certianly not out of disrespect for Elbren, this will always be her Guild as far as I'm concerned. However, by starting a new thread we will have control over the opening post and thread title (which we may want to change as the story changes.)

What about a group ID (like the Bard's Guild has done) so that the thread isn't started my any one of our ID's and more than one of us can has access to the title and first post? The Mithril Knight Guardians is one thought I had.

Thanks kaya!

Rholarowyn

Postby Guruthostirn » Wed May 30, 2007 8:04 am

Yes, the MK's were in two groups, one going after the mountain, one remaining at camp. However, I think once we start we need to have enough time in between the current posts and the new thread that all the interested parties have reunited, probably at one of the Guildhouses.

As to a new thread and a group ID, it sounds like a good idea to me.

Does anyone else have any ideas about what the story may be? And does anyone prefer a long story, or a shorter, faster story similar to an initiation tale?
Guruthostirn
Mariner

Postby Rholarowyn » Wed May 30, 2007 8:38 am

OK so if we are reunited at a Guildhouse we will need to decide what happened, that could determine what we do next. Do we want this next story to be a part of or an extension of the previous story or do we want to start with a clean slate so to speak.

Back at the Gathering, Elbren and I talked this out a bit and the plan was that the Red Hammer was going to have a connection to the East and the MK's were going to head of in that direction. (We also talked about a scene which Elbren and Rholarowyn, who shared the same birthdates, were going to get drunk one night around a campfire. :) I was really looking forward to writing that scene with her. :D )

Anyway...

Guru, I agree, enough time needs to pass so our group can hook up together. So either the battle at the Lonely Mountain has been fought (and won or lost) or something changed and it didn't happen. I think Elbren had some specific ideas about the Red Hammer which we don't have the knowledge of.

I like the idea of starting a new story, though it could still be connected to or an offshoot of the old one.

Rholarowyn

Postby Guruthostirn » Thu May 31, 2007 8:26 am

Alright, here's a loose outline of what I was thinking for ending the current line, starting up a new one.

The battle at the Lonely Mountain finished up fairly quickly once the MK's reached the besieged dwarves. Combined with an assault by the MK's outside of the mountain the captains of the Red Hammer were slain, and the army routed, disappearing to the east.

Starting the new thread the MK's have returned to the Greenwood Guild House, and there one of them meets an emissary who is seeking help with some issue. Due to issues regarding commitments to the Red Hammer war, this MK secretly assembles a group of fellow MK's and works to help out this person.

I don't have any thoughts on the details or anything, but this is what I've kinda got filtering through my head right now.
Guruthostirn
Mariner

Postby Rholarowyn » Thu May 31, 2007 9:01 am

Guru, I like the idea. It doesn't eliminate the Red Hammer story, they are still a threat, but another group (our group) would be needed and assembled for another reason. That could also explain why our group would be a smaller group than the entire guild.

Now we just need to come up with an idea for our group. :bookworm:

Rholarowyn

Postby Tempest » Thu May 31, 2007 1:54 pm

I like all these ideas, and it's good to start at a point where other MK's can join in. I can post for Elbren at a Guildhouse as he sends us off on another mission, related or unrelated to the current story line. Or we could perform a rescue mission---let's say that the second group we left behind got ambushed and some members got captured and taken East? We could also do another "going-back-in-time" mission for a missing Silmaril. I don't know...I'm just thinking out loud.

Tempest has connections to the East because of her work in Mordor under Sauron, so there is a possible lead-in there. Wasn't Saruman involved with the Red Hammer too?

Kaya---thanks for the encouragment!! :)
Tempest
Ranger of the North

Postby Rholarowyn » Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:39 am

Interesting thought Tempest, I like the idea of going back in time.

What if our group needed to go back in time to find either a physical object or a significant piece of information connected to the Red Hammer and our current situation in ME?

Hmmm... or a person. I know as MK's we can travel back in time but can we bring someone from the past who's not an MK back to our time?

Rholarowyn

Postby Vanaladiel » Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:16 am

I am in agreement with the ideas you all are presenting. I am anxious to get back into the RP.

Unfortunately we are leaving on vacation today so we wont be able to continue this till after the 18th of June. But we will be back and hopefully Guru will have some plans ready for us to follow. :D

Mithril Knights unite!!!
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Rholarowyn » Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:22 am

Vana and Guru,

Enjoy your vacation!

:drink:

We'll be her when you both get back.

:)

Rholarowyn

Postby ILvEowyn » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:21 am

Which one of the threads is the story thread? If it's there, i'm not seeing it :oops:

edit: nvm I see it, down the page a ways. At least I don't seem to have lost a lot of time.
ILvEowyn
Ringbearer

Postby Tempest » Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:00 pm

So, are people still interested in restarting this thread again?
Tempest
Ranger of the North

Postby Rholarowyn » Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:33 pm

A few months ago I was very interested, but I have come to realize that I no longer want to RP Rholarowyn in a warrior context. When I created her I had a strong connection to her character, but I have changed and this has had an affect on her as well.

Rholarowyn came to RP life in the Mithril Knight training thread and it would be cool for me to write her out of the RP world in a Mithril Knight thread. It would give us both some closer. ;) However, I don't think that would contribute to or add much to your story if you all do decide to continue on.

Rholarowyn

Postby Guruthostirn » Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:45 am

Rho, I'll miss you in this thread...an I'm sure we'll find a way of writing you out. I don't know what sort of character Rho will be, but have you thought of continuing with the thread but in a non-warrior?

Now, the question is, who's left?

Vana
Guru
Tempest
ILvEowyn
Guruthostirn
Mariner

Postby Rholarowyn » Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:01 pm

Guru,

What I meant in my post is that I am willing to join in the thread but I wouldn't be with the story for very long. Long enough for Rholarowyn to realize that her life path was going to change and then make the changes she needed to do.

So I am willing to join in with you all if you get the story started again but was saying is that I wouldn't be with it for any great length of time.

:)

Rholarowyn

Postby erinhue » Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:32 am

:shock: :clap: :happydance: Does my old bard's heart good ta see the Knights still linger as a presence on the boards. I'd just love to get something started again so count me way in.

As I recall Tempest found a way to knock the Berserker out( she saw how Beliran does it in some RP adventure) and Erinhue was sleeping it off in the healing tents on the field. Where ever ya want to start this off again is just fine with me. The bard will wake up and....have harp, will travel. :lol:
erinhue
Warrior/Bard of Belfalas Illuvatar's Bright Spirit

Postby SmaugsBane » Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:20 pm

Hey guys. I've been lurking once again. And last I saw, Dirk had finally returned to the camp and was about to tell Anorast about his adventures (or was he? 8) )

But I think I might be ready to start a new adventure here if you'll have me. I went through and copied and pasted my posts in the MK RP from the beginning of the Red Hammer (just after my initiation) and it amounts to 33 pages, single spaced 12 pt Times New Roman on MS Word and it was just about to come full circle so that I had just the right character to fit in here, and then the brakes got put on.

Anyway, in the absence of Elbren, whose kinda taking the reigns? hue? Tempest? If either one of you says it's okay for me to join again, I'd love to.

-Alex
SmaugsBane
Ranger of the North

Postby erinhue » Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:40 pm

SB, you old firelizzard repellant, it's really grand ta see ya again. :) I'm not running this show ( I think Tempest was gonna fill in for Elbren, maybe) but you sure got my vote to catch us on the rebound.

So who else can we entice out of the RP lurking woodwork?
erinhue
Warrior/Bard of Belfalas Illuvatar's Bright Spirit

Postby SmaugsBane » Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:11 pm

And I was equally surprised and happy to see you back, you old, harptoter, you.

Last time I managed a few posts, your darkest times were still very much upon you. You and Danimal were in my prayers, my friend.

Anyway, if the dark lady sees fit, and if those who showed interest earlier in the summer are ready to go, then let's get the show on the road!
SmaugsBane
Ranger of the North

Postby Bardhwyn » Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:41 am

:shock:

Sorry to crash your thread, friends but I couldn't help myself....

SB!!!
You old barrel rider, you!!

How are ya!! Good t' see ya!!

:) :D:D:D
Bardhwyn
Mariner

Postby SmaugsBane » Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:47 am

It's good to see you, too, bow-bending-Bardy-babe!

Alright, so I saw some discussion of getting a "group" ID to use for the first post of a new RP thread. Has anyone gone through with this?

The next steps would be gathering the remaining members how wish to participate and finally a first post needs to be crafted. I am with the preceeding the ideas of how to get going again, we just need a tidy post that sort of sums up the Red Hammer story so far, gets the "new" group together at the guildhouse and explains what happened to Elbren and the others who aren't with us at the moment :cry2: . Just enough so that if any of them decide to jump back in (hey it can happen, look at me!) then they can wrap up their little individual storyline and meet back up with the main thread.

So who's in?

Myself (I'm fairly chomping at the bit, and would love to right the synopsis/kick off post, or perhaps partner with someone else to do it)

Hue sounds like he's ready

Tempest?
Vana?
Guru?
Rho Even if it's only to right yourself out of the war, it'd be nice to have ya!
Freahelm Could be a good chance to get into the story?

Anyone else?
SmaugsBane
Ranger of the North

Postby Tempest » Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:28 pm

Count me in all the way! I can post for Elbren initially and then hopefully we can leave him back at the Guildhouse for our adventures. I'm all for having you write the first post, SB! What direction do you think we should take with this? Did you like any of the ideas we mentioned in the earlier discussion of what to do?

ERINHUE!!!! I was beginning to lose all hope that you would return to us! I'm afraid that the bard will have quite a hang-over after the last battle, and Tempest is still smarting from the wound Clarion gave her. I expect a guilt-ridden apology whenever the bard awakens again!! :)
Tempest
Ranger of the North

Postby SmaugsBane » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:57 pm

Tempest wrote:What direction do you think we should take with this? Did you like any of the ideas we mentioned in the earlier discussion of what to do?

I do like the ideas that have been discussed. I was thinking of starting with a short synopsis of what's happened with the Red Hammer so far, then filling in a bit to get us from the post-battle pause we were in to a re-group at the closest un-damaged Guildhouse (Mirkwood?).

Then there's two ideas I've had for breaking off those of us that will be starting this new RP:

1) Each of the characters that were active in this story before took off in different direction, each with a little explanation as to where they went off to. Some dispatched to find news/reinforcements, maybe others taken to further off Guildhouses to recover from wounds? Perhaps Elbren could recieve an urgent message about his lady's health and have to race away back to Lorien.

2) There was one idea, I think, where a messenger finds us to plead for help in saving his (family? village? town?) from (?). In this scenario, the bulk of the Knights stay in the Mirkwood/Esgaroth/Erebor area to investigate the Red Hammer's after-battle plan, and we could say that Elbren picked our group, with Tempest in charge and Hue as second in command, to go with the messenger and assist in any way we can.

But, in any case, I'd like to leave it in such a way that each of the "lost ones", if they happen upon an acive MK RP later, will find that they weren't forgotten and can easily show back up with a quick post as to what they were up to in the interim.

Sound okay?

I can start crafting the post, which I'll email to Hue and Tempest for approval. Meanwhile, hopefully more will see what's going on and chime in.

Lastly, what about the "group" ID? You guys know more about how the site's run nowadays, can we secure one? Then we can start the thread and I'll put up the post as soon as it's done/approved.
Last edited by SmaugsBane on Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SmaugsBane
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:47 pm

SB!!! :hug:

Master Hue!!! HUGE :hug:

Okay okay! Straightens her skirts and hair. Ahem! Alright then, Guru and I are both more then ready for a good rp story to get back to.

As to the ID, I would suggest something like Mithril Knights. It need not be anything more with a few people getting the password to log in to change things if anyone disappears again. Well, I mean if something in the first post needs to be updated or changed.

Oh I am so excited about getting going again. I guess I best go get changed into my riding clothes with my cape and sword. I have to pack my bags and be ready when you all are. See ya soon, I hope!!!
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby SmaugsBane » Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:36 pm

Vana darlin' I knew it was only a manner of time before you saw this!

Knew we could count on you and Guru.

Any opinions or ideas about the opener? Let me know.

BTW, I plan on posting the first post from a neutral, global, point of view. With a seperate post for Dirk's re-entrance.

How do we go about getting this login? Should I just register it as a new username, then share the password with you guys? Or do we have to go through the admin?

Oh and I assume that it will be an entirely new thread, right?
SmaugsBane
Ranger of the North

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)