Shadow over Arnor

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

Postby Mitheradan » Tue Aug 29, 2000 6:43 pm

"Alas", said <b>Mitheradan</b>, "I did not. By the time I arrived, there was only the dead and <b>Halindel</b>. I do believe however, that it was the servants of the Enemy that were responsible. My axe, an heirloom of my family, did glow as it does around the cursed scum. That was what alerted me to their presence, as well as the painful cry of <b>Halindel</b>."<BR><BR><b>Mitheradan</b> paced around the room. "Could it be that the Enemy has found a way to shield them from our sight?", he wondered aloud. <b>Elrond</b> stared silently, pondering this question. At last he spoke saying, "It is possible that the Enemy has done this, but I do not believe that it is the Enemy you think. If it were, why did he not do this long ago. No, my friend, I think that there is another enemy behind this. One who knows us better than we would like."<BR><BR>"Then I will search out this new enemy for you", said <b>Mitheradan</b>, his axe seemed to glow brightly as he spoke. "And I will bring to him the end he so rightly deserves, and avenge the deaths of our brothers. I swear it." And with that oath said, <b>Mitheradan</b> turned and left the room.<BR><BR>"Good luck my friend",said <b>Elrond</b>, "May the stars of Elbereth guide you and protect you."
User avatar
Mitheradan
Shield Bearer

 
Posts: 239
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 1999 12:00 am
Location: Fallon, NV
Top

Postby Snowdog » Tue Aug 29, 2000 7:52 pm

Halasian talked to Fleetwood and the horse responded. Halasian took a couple blades from his saddlebag and whispered to Fleetwood again. He then loaded many rocks onto Fleetwood and the available bags held much, close enough to his own weight. Halasian whispered again to Fleetwood, and patted her and she trotted off, leaving weighted track. Halasian drew on his years of deception and covered well his own track, and he crawled under a rock with a narrow opening near the ground. It was not easy to see to even a skilled eye, and a large man like Halasian could barely squeeze under the opening. He closed up the opening from the inside with one large rock and crawled in under the ridge toward the east. After bellycrawling for nearly a ¼ mile, nearly getting stuck a couple times, Halasian came to an open chamber. Here he stood and looked around, but all was black, so he felt his way to the left along the wall, and found the stair. Up he climbed and after many tiring steps he came to a flat with cool air blowing in. He stepped first left, then right, then left again and stood at an opening with low hanging Maple trees. He looked out north and could see a few fires dot the lowlands, and he knew the camps must be that of the enemy. Depressed, Halasian sat back in the opening back around the curves and thought much of his wife. It was then he heard an old familiar voice from down the stairway.<BR><BR><i>"Old friend, it has been long."</i><BR><BR>Halasian looked up but not back. He said softly, <BR><BR><i>"Yes, it has. Much has passed and I grow old without peace. The storm is only now brewing and try as I might, I cannot stop it."</i><BR><BR>The voice said,<BR><BR><i>"There is much happening, and though Sauron searches still, other lesser powers now move and do his will. Your entrance is now sealed."</i><BR><BR>At that, a slight quake was felt for a few seconds, and the crawlway that Halasian had used was forever buried. The voice again spoke.<BR><BR><i>"Your wife comes, and your son follows too. There are many dangers, but I will try and see to their safety, but it takes much of my ability to do this at distance. I have watched over her long, and I will continue to do so even after you say my debt is paid."<BR><BR>"Old friend,</i> Halasian said, <i>"Your debt has been paid many times over. It is I who now owe you. I will continue to battle the evil by any means."</i><BR><BR>The voice faded but whispered, <i>" You know the way to take then, and beware, for things are not what they seem. Eyes are everywhere, and movement in stealth is difficult. I can only give you a small fraction of my knowledge now, as it will weaken me and I need all my strength to watch over your family."</i><BR><BR>And an arrow came flying with accurate speed up the dark stairway, and Halasian in a snap grabbed the arrow inches from himself. The voice said,<BR><BR><i>"You are not too old Halasian, until we meet again."</i><BR><BR>Halasian sat and held the arrow. He now knew of the deception at Imladris, and his way to go, so he set out in the dark of night.<BR><BR><i>Meanwhile...</i><BR><BR>Fleetwood trotted quickly through the bush and broken trees from battles of old. She worked her way around the edge of a drop and made her way north toward Imladris, avoiding the evil she sensed all around.
User avatar
Snowdog
Mariner

 
Posts: 8305
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2000 8:45 am
Top

Postby heliona » Wed Aug 30, 2000 11:47 am

"He wasn't in a good mood, was he?" Elendur remarked dryly, as they came across the remains of Halasìan's passing. <BR><BR>Almarian grunted a reply, and Arkaeth said, "If we don't keep moving, we won't catch him."<BR><BR>"I don't think we will catch him, he is travelling very fast," Lilion said in his soft voice.<BR><BR>"We have to follow him for as long as we can," Almarian protested. Suddenly, Finduilas started to fidget and dance. Almarian couldn't hold her. "Something's up," the girl called as she rode off into the woods, "I'd better find out what!"<BR><BR>Arkaeth cursed, and cantered after her, with Elendur and Lilion following at a slower pace.<BR><BR>Soon, Arkaeth caught upp with Almarian, and began to admonish her, when he saw why Finduilas had been upset. Fleetwood was stood beside the black mare, puffing, with packs on her back stuffed with rocks. Almarian met the young man's gaze. "We won't catch him now."<BR><BR>Elendur and Lilion rode up then, and took in the scene. After some thought, Elendur said, "You three go back to Imladris with Fleetwood, I'll continue to track Halasìan for as long as I can."<BR><BR>The other Rangers began to protest, but Elendur would not hear of it. "I'll be fine, get back to Rivendell as swift as you can. It's not safe out here."<BR><BR>He rode off then, not giving them chance to reply, and ignoring the stormy looks that followed him. "Right, then," Arkaeth said grumpily. "We'd best get moving if we're to get back by dark."<BR><BR>The other two followed behind quickly, with Fleetwood bringing up the rear, right behind Finduilas.
User avatar
heliona
The Sexy One ~ Hellaciously Huggable
 
Posts: 10558
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2000 11:14 am
Location: Atop a sunny hill
Top

Postby Radagast » Wed Aug 30, 2000 4:02 pm

Halasian's family travelled across the fields of Rohan, their former live withered to ashes far behind them. Yet, another force stalked them: it seemed little more than shape in the corner of one's eye, or perhaps a strange sound slightly out of place, but it was closing fast. Nilvoth Deathtouch had found what he sought, and his prey would not escape him. Once night fell, the hunt would be over...<BR><BR>--------------------<BR><BR>Around the edges of Rivendell, Irgeroth waited for the next step of the plan. He stood in the shade of a warped tree near the river's edge, and he held in his hands a small piece of crystal. But images could be seen within it, and Irgeroth turned the power of the Seeing Shard towards Isenguard, where he hoped to speak with Saruman through the Wizard's palantir. Strange sights came to him, but Saruman seemed engaged elsewhere for the moment. No matter - for now, time was on the Ranger's side. Mercenaries from Harad, trained in the arts of the Dark Rangers, would soon be patrolling the edges of Rivendell, and no Ranger could hope to evade them forever.<BR><BR>Despite this, some Rangers had left Rivendell. Irgeroth had let them pass, for slaying them within the bounds of the Elven land might make his nature too apparent. It would be far easier to eliminate them in the wild, and no one would think to look for them. Even now, Belicor was on the trail of the group who had followed the mad Ranger and Wyoun. More importantly, Belicor had informed him through a Raven messenger that the one know as Elendur was with them. Irgeroth deeply wished him dead, for that Ranger had been a thorn in his side for some time now. But Belicor would eliminate them, thus leaving the task of removing Rivendell from the war to him.<BR><BR>And so the game continued, as the pieces raced towards certain doom...<BR>
User avatar
Radagast
Ranger of the North

 
Posts: 2253
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2000 2:25 pm
Top

Postby the mouth of sauron » Thu Aug 31, 2000 12:51 am

"What is it?" demanded Wyoun of the small tracker "I know that the horse stoped back there and something happened the horse is walking differently..." the orc shook his head "nooo different smell in air...the ranger let horse go alone I think"<BR><BR>Wyoun thought it over, was the ranger that good that he knew that I was coming or was he just playing it safe. Wyoun went and sat on the ledge of a flat rock he sat there watching some ant's forage for food, in frustration he stomped on a few and the rest fled into a crack in the ledge that he had not seen, but it was not a crack but a cut, on looking closer there was the faintest outline where the stone could be pulled away from under the ledge. Very good my ranger friend, but not good enough.. Wyoun sent Nigslith in the tracker had not trouble getting in and after a short while he came back... "Well, what did you find?"<BR>He went that way I smelt him, and something else was there and I no want to go back there." what ever or who ever the other person was had the little orc scared. "Well think you little maggot if it came out where would the opening be.." It looked as if Nigslith was thinking out the way of the tunnel and then finally he said way up there he pointed high up the mountain. Then that’s where we shall go...<BR>
User avatar
the mouth of sauron
Mariner


 
Posts: 7993
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2000 1:00 am
Location: Australia
Top

Postby Eleanorae » Sun Sep 03, 2000 5:22 am

<b>Elavanar</b> awoke. The sun was now high in the sky, but it's dimmed rays searched desperately for ways through the chill mist that had slowly evolved overnight. He felt his head and groaned. '<i>What was in that ale?</i>,' he thought to himself, as the memories of the last few days crowded back. He shivered, and not through the cold.<BR><BR><b>Bryna</b> was glaring at him. Had she been watching him all night? It was probable, the elf thought. He tried to move, but his head lurched violently, a wave of sudden nausea flowing through his body. <BR><b>Bryna</b> actually smiled as he vomited and threw him a rag to clean himself with.<BR><BR>'You are pitiful, elf,' she laughed grimly, 'pitiful! When you are sorted, <b>Malebranche</b> will see you. He has an errand for you! I'm sure you won't be disappointed. You are also in luck for I will be keeping you company, along with the red furred bilebag, <b>Weazle</b>.' With that she left him to his devices.<BR><BR>It was sometime before <b>Elavanar</b> could move. He rose slowly and gingerly walked off through the trees, fearing that any rapid motion would send him reeling to the ground. At length, he came upon <b>Malebranche</b> and he bowed to him, though the inertia sickened him in the extreme.<BR><BR>'Ah! The sleepy elf is back in the land of the living?'came the dark voice of <b>Malebranche</b>. His dark cloak lay open around him, and <b>Elavanar</b> noted that the fur edge was now splattered with blood. He tensed. Idly, <b>Malebranche</b> stroked the edge of a blade, testing it's sharpness, almost reveling in the thin scarlet trail of blood it left on his thumb. He sucked the blood, and glanced at the young elf leaning on the nearest tree for support.<BR><BR>'Sit, <b>Belicor</b>. Sit before you fall down.'<BR><BR><b>Elavanar</b> sat.<BR><BR>'You sure you want to join the <b>BloodCrow</b>?' he asked<BR><BR>'Yes, Sire!' came <b>Elavanar's</b> gritted reply<BR><BR>'You will then do as I say. If you don't, you will die! You will die a <b>very</b> interesting death, my friend. Do I make myself clear?' <b>Malebranche</b> spoke, his tone clipped and precise. Every word snapping in <b>Elavanar's</b> skull like an array of animal traps, biting into flesh with rapid succession.<BR><BR>'Yes! I understand. W-what do you ask of me?' <b>Elavanar</b> replied, trying valiantly to hide the stammer of fear. He felt every hair on the back of his neck stand on it's end with dread. He knew what was coming next, even before <b>Malebranche</b> spoke the words.<BR><BR>'I want the ranger known as <b>Halasian</b> dead, for what he did to <b>Bryna</b>. His head I will keep, but the rest can be given to the trolls to worry like the dogs they are! We have one man tracking him already. He may be sucessful and do you job for you if you're lucky, but I fear it won't be that easy. I have watched this man's deeds for too long. You are an elf and he may trust you so you may kill him where others will fail. You will go at dawn. <b>Bryna</b> and <b>Weazle</b> will keep you good company. Now, elf, out of my sight until you prove your worth.'
User avatar
Eleanorae
Shield Bearer

 
Posts: 377
Joined: Wed May 10, 2000 12:04 am
Top

Postby Eleanorae » Mon Sep 04, 2000 2:04 pm

Noon slowly descended into afternoon, and the daylight faded into a murky twilight. Cold mist lay wispish between the trees, draped like gigantic cobwebs, and chilling the air with it's cold clammy fingers.<BR><BR>Two men stood in a familiar place beneath the arch of two great trees. Plumes of cloudy white spiralled through the cold air, with every breath they spoke.<BR><BR><b>Irgeroth</b> smiled grimly at <b>Malebranche's</b> news.<BR><b>Elrond</b> is losing his senses,' he began '<b>Belicor</b>! Better kill him now than have the true <b>Belicor</b> catch up with his young impersonator?'<BR><BR>'No!' he may have uses, 'I doubt he will kill <b>Halasian</b>, but he may try. He is hell bent on proving himself to us. It shall add further turmoil in the home of <b>Elrond</b>, and hey, should the little lordling be killed in the process...it's one less elf...after all' came the menacing reply.<BR><BR>'I also have a something which you may find useful, <b>Irgeroth</b>. I found this amulet on <b>Bryna</b> thoughloathe she was to part with it. It has the power to control ...and it rightly belongs to you. Your blade, <b>Jadeclaw</b> has a false stone. <b>Bryna</b> stole it years ago, before you even knew of this blade's existence. I know the blade you carry well, and I know the stone. It is ancient and deadly, and many years have passed since it has been used to it's best advantage. Take it <b>Irgeroth</b>! And use it well! But be careful it's power does not consume you...'<BR><BR>He sighed at that.'I had hoped it was the one dark power that would bring <b>Elrond</b> down. There is something mighty he fears <b>Irgeroth</b>. Something that he dreads with every shred of his soul. For years I sought for this device, and I know not what it is. There a way to bring total destruction on the elven race, if only we knew it. <b>Elrond</b> is protected by something, as is <b>Lorien</b>...we must discover where they get their power, and how we can destroy them totally.'
User avatar
Eleanorae
Shield Bearer

 
Posts: 377
Joined: Wed May 10, 2000 12:04 am
Top

Postby Snowdog » Mon Sep 04, 2000 10:08 pm

Halasian walked with speed down the south of Hollin Ridge and worked his way through the scrub lands. A sense of urgency was about him and he went with speed, and as day came he moved carefully in the bush, making light his track. He found a place under a bush to rest during the heat of the afternoon and waited for sunset to set out across Eregion toward Ost-in-Edhil.
User avatar
Snowdog
Mariner

 
Posts: 8305
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2000 8:45 am
Top

Postby Radagast » Tue Sep 05, 2000 3:25 pm

As night had fallen, Nilvoth had descended upon his prey... <BR> <BR>The battle was over quickly - too quickly for the fallen Elf's taste for blood. Against his own nature, he kept the important prisoners alive, for the Blood Crows had ordered it so. The two servants were slaughted outright - they were not of importance, and Hayna was knocked unconscious with a terrible blow to the head. He might live, he might not - it really didn't matter to Nilvoth. For now, he would serve whatever purpose the Bloodcrows wished. <BR> <BR>But Forcred was the prize catch in Nilvoth's dark eyes. The mate of a Ranger - quite a prize, indeed... She would serve as bait quite nicely. Once her husband was dead, she would join him. For now, she was gagged and her hands were tied. A stout chain lay between her legs, hindering her efforts to keep up with Nilvoth's steed, and the other end of the chain lay in the Elf's hands. <BR> <BR>Though a sick creature, Nilvoth had little interest in torture: she was forced to walk simply because he didn't have room enough on his horse for both Haysa and the women. The brutally wounded young man lay on the rear of his steed as Nilvoth pressed onwards to the north and west. Eventually, he would depart Rohan and enter the wilds where the Crows held power. There, he would rewarded for his capture or confront the Ranger who's family he had taken and kill him. <BR> <BR>And so they marched onwards, silent as death... <BR>
User avatar
Radagast
Ranger of the North

 
Posts: 2253
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2000 2:25 pm
Top

Postby Mitheradan » Wed Sep 06, 2000 5:08 pm

<b>Mitheradan</b> silently stood over the area where only the day before he had found <b>Halindel</b> and his dead companions. He had studied the ground to see if he could determine where the attackers went on to. Once he had an idea, he went about the task of burying the dead. Once he had completed the task he sang a prayer to Elbereth and also to Mandos to guard them until they are reborn. <BR> <BR>Then <b>Mitheradan</b> took up his great axe and began to head west toward the Ford of Rivendell. Perhaps he would find more clues to the identity of the attackers there.
User avatar
Mitheradan
Shield Bearer

 
Posts: 239
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 1999 12:00 am
Location: Fallon, NV
Top

Postby Snowdog » Sun Sep 10, 2000 1:14 pm

<b>Hayna's head </b> swam and his thoughts raced from one to another. The events were clear until darkness fell over him. What was happening? Where was he? A trace of conscienceness came to him and he realized he was bouncing up and down on the back of a horse. He squinted open an eye and the dried blood tore at his eyelid. He could see not much in the dark, but could hear the rattling of chains. He squinted, and could make out <b>Forwycn</b> being dragged behind. Whether it was him or the love he had for his mother, something fired him to action. He reached and grasped the chain as he tumbled off the horse, and the force and weight of his body, and the sure grip of <b>Nilvoth</b> on the chain yanked him off the horse and they both hit the ground with a thud. <b>Hayna</b> in anger jumped over onto the dark elf, and at the same time ripped the chain end from <b>Nivloth</b> and swung it at him, knocking a knife that he had drawn out of his hand and breaking his wrist. He twirled the chain end again and hit the dark elf in the head and then he grabbed the chain and proceeded to strangle the dark elf until he was unconscience. <b>Hayna</b> was going to kill the elf who treated <b>Forwycn</b> so badly without the respect any woman deserves, but <b>Forwycn</b> begged him not to. Instead he unlocked the chains from <b>Forwycn</b> and wrapped the chain around the unconscience elf and left him there in the field. <b>Hayna</b> helped <b>Forwycn</b> up on the horse and mounted behind her and they rode with speed toward the gap.
User avatar
Snowdog
Mariner

 
Posts: 8305
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2000 8:45 am
Top

Postby Snowdog » Sun Sep 10, 2000 1:25 pm

<b>Halasian</b> finally came to the approach of <b>Ost-in-Edhil</b> and he could see a company of the orc-men were there. Halasian was tired from running, but in the early morning darkness, he slid in amongst them and started slaying them in his stealth method he learned long ago. One found him and yelled, but all his comrades were already dead. <b>Halasian</b> drew his sword and challenged the ogre. Their swords met with a crash and the mithril edge of Halasian shattered the orcish scmiter, so he turned and started to run, but Halasian's ure knife found the target... the neck of the orc-man and he fell into his own blood. <BR> <BR><b>Halasian</b> bird-called his victory, and he crossed the river in haste. In a grove of trees on the south side, he sat and rested, keeping one eye opened as the sky lightened.
User avatar
Snowdog
Mariner

 
Posts: 8305
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2000 8:45 am
Top

Postby Radagast » Sun Sep 10, 2000 6:00 pm

Nilvoth cursed as he broke the chains that the wretched mortal man had used against him - never again would he let prey live after the hunt! Never again would he show mercy in any form. <BR> <BR>He stood up, casting the chains aside, for he would not need them now. When he caught up to the mother and her son, they would both die as slowly and as painfully as possible. <BR> <BR>Tracking them would be easy - Nilvoth had grown used to hunting prey across the desolute tracks, and both prisoners had been branded with a cursed rune on the backs of their necks. The runes were too small to be seen unless one knew to look for them, but they would lead the Dark Elf to his prey. <BR> <BR>He held aloft a small crystal orb, and one end of lit up - his prisons had fled to the hills. All he needed now was a horse, and that would not be too hard to find in this land... <BR>
User avatar
Radagast
Ranger of the North

 
Posts: 2253
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2000 2:25 pm
Top

Postby Snowdog » Sun Sep 10, 2000 11:13 pm

Hayna and Forcréd rode with speed and quickly crossed the ford of Isen as the guard was not aware of their quick and quiet approach. The guard was now awake and would be for the rest of the night. <BR> <BR>They rode west to round the southern hills of the Misty Mountains as the sun rose, and they only rwsted the horse as needed.
User avatar
Snowdog
Mariner

 
Posts: 8305
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2000 8:45 am
Top

Postby Eleanorae » Mon Sep 11, 2000 12:53 pm

<b>Sorael</b>, the giant of a horse, with coat as black as midnight and shiny as dark obsidian, shook his flank to rid himself of the thin, clammy layer of settling dew. <BR> <BR>He stared as the stange procession of riders slunk off in the dim light of the dawn. <b>Bryna</b>, the elf, and that weird little beast with long talons. <b>Sorael</b> had felt his senses become clearer and clearer with the passing of the night. The stone that had locked his mind, was now far, far away. Like an itch that had finally been assuaged. Likewise, he was relieved that <b>Bryna</b> had obviously not been allowed to take him with her. He surmised he was <b>Malebranche's</b> horse now...and that suited him. For now. <BR> <BR>His muscles ached with a constant cramping sensation. His back in particular burned with a deeply bedded pain and exertion. He had kept this shape too long. Was he strong enough to maintain it?? He hoped so. A lot would depend on him it seemed. <b>Elrond</b> had perhaps thought him too weak to infiltrate the <b>BloodCrow</b> camp, but then <b>Elrond</b> hadn't known the fullness of his powers. Both <b>Radagast</b> and <b>Gandalf</b> had trained him in the ways of their art, and he had such strong magic of his own. He surmised that even <b>Gandalf</b> would be pleasantly surprised at his latest accomplishment, and his fortune. Mere chance had led <b>Bryna</b> to his house that day, as he had tried out shape after shape..and then lo, she brought him straight to <b>Malebranche</b>, who took him to <b>Irgeroth</b> and now the mindpower had released him at last. That had irritated him somewhat...but somehow, he thought, he never would have had the patience to remain in shape so long and learn so much without that dark force. Strange too, he could remember what had been happening, despite the fog within his mind. It was as though the release of the stone, had given him his mind and memory back in the switch of a tail. Strewth, now he was even thinking like a horse... <BR> <BR>He would stay with <b>Malebranche</b>. Perhaps just one more day if he could stand the pain, and then onto <b>Elrond</b>to report. <BR> <BR>Slowly he nibbled a few tender shoots of grass at the base of a sapling. His eyes were fixed on a small black crow. He watched every movement, every blink of a beady eye, every flex of a wing, and every jerky little hop, as the saucy little bird pounced on a worm buried in the dungheap, and flew off into the treetops. <BR> <BR>A crow...what better. If only a horse could smile, <b>Malebranche</b> would have been startled to have seen his expession.
User avatar
Eleanorae
Shield Bearer

 
Posts: 377
Joined: Wed May 10, 2000 12:04 am
Top

Postby Eleanorae » Mon Sep 11, 2000 1:10 pm

<b>Uggal</b> was tired. He had worked well. His master would be proud. They had slayed three patrols, leaving one or two members to report their loss. There would be great confusion, but now <b>Uggal</b> was hungry. He had a fancy for some fresh flesh, perhaps roasted over a fire for a change. <BR> <BR>His great feet pounded through the <b>Ford of Rivendell</b> once more, muddying the waters with a thick greasy film of blood, sweat and dirt. Thick mud oozed between his toes, relieving him of the irritation he felt from the ticks and grubs that squirmed therein. His fellows followed, their yellowed eyes steady and unblinking. <BR> <BR>The noise of the splashing and churning waters was loud enough, perhaps even to wake the trees from their slumber. <b>Uggal</b> was unsurprised to see that the lone elf he stalked had heard their approach. He smiled savagely. The elf would see them as friends. Before he realised his error, <b>Uggal</b> would have supper in the pan. Loosely, he licked the grease from his lips and trudged onwards. <BR> <BR><b>Mitheradan </b> looked up aghast at the sight of the trolls writhing up the crystal waters into a viscous mudflow. He had been about to take a drink and refresh himself from the burial of his brethren. <BR> <BR>He readied himself as the trolls approached. Behind him he heard a low murmur,'<b>Mitheradan</b>' came the urgent whisper..It is I,<b>Eleanorae</b>. I have my bow aimed at the first's black heart. Shout when you're ready, and I'll fire!' <BR> <BR>
User avatar
Eleanorae
Shield Bearer

 
Posts: 377
Joined: Wed May 10, 2000 12:04 am
Top

Postby Mitheradan » Mon Sep 11, 2000 5:48 pm

<b>Mitheradan</b> whispered over his shoulder to <b>Eleanorae</b>, "So you see them as trolls as well. Good. Fire your arrow and I will attack in the confusion." <b>Eleanorae</b> did as he said and fired her arrow at the first troll and hit him squarely in the chest. <b>Uggal</b> staggered as he cried out. At that moment, <b>Mitheradan</b> lept up with his axe held high, the blades glowing like fire. He brought it down at an angle, on the junction between <b>Uggal's</b> neck and shoulder and a flame errupted from the wound as it cleaved him through until it came out the right side of his body. As the two parts fell into the water, the other trolls were surprised by the ferocity of the Elf's attack. They stumbled back, not quite sure how to procede without their leader, against this avenging spirit. <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR><b>Mitheradan</b> turned and growled at them in their own cursed tongue and said, "Leave now, before you too fall to the wrath of the Eldar. And tell your dark master that his time for reckoning shall come soon as well." Another of the trolls took a step forward, but soon found himself on the ground with an arrow in his leg. The others moved to drag him away. As they turned to run, <b>Mitheradan</b> looked down and hauled the remains of <b>Uggal</b> out of the waters of Bruinen. <b>Eleanorae</b> approached slowly as he did this. She too was somewhat surprised at his ferocity, even toward such creatures as these. She had not known any in Imladris, even <b>Glorfindel</b>, who seemed to hold that much hatred for the servants of the Enemy, in his being. <BR>
User avatar
Mitheradan
Shield Bearer

 
Posts: 239
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 1999 12:00 am
Location: Fallon, NV
Top

Postby Arthedain » Mon Sep 11, 2000 5:50 pm

Forinor walked about in the night, and things seemed not right. His perception was that there were invaders about, but no alert had been sounded, He qued up an arrow and was ready. As he walked near the stables, as ound came from the hillock above, and he aimed into the dark and shot. A thud was heard and an elf appeared to roll down the hill, but as it came to a rest, it appeared as a troll. 'What the..." Forinor started to say but an arrow flew by him in the dark, so he dove behingd the barn wall and qued up again another arrow. There were arrows sticking in the barn wall and flying past. He wasn't going to get a shot off at all, so he put down the bow and arrow and grabbed his knife. At this time a horn of warning went up over Imladris as more invaders had been discovered. He hurt some from his earlier wound, but he would do his best against those who try and sully the land of Elrond.
User avatar
Arthedain
Rider of the Mark
 
Posts: 666
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2000 3:25 pm
Top

Postby Radagast » Mon Sep 11, 2000 6:29 pm

Irgeroth cursed as the Trolls limped back into camp - Elrond was not as foolish as he had first thought. Though the Elves may take forever to act, there were those among them who would take matters into their own hands while the Elder waited. Still, a few dead Trolls were worth more than numerous fallen Elves. <BR> <BR>Raven messengers had been sent after Wyoun and Belicor, for their skills might be needed at the camp should the situation turn grim and retreat become neccessary. Belicor was on his way, but Wyoun had ignored the message. Irgeroth was not troubled by this - if the boy could cause sorrow on his own path, then so be it. Either way, they would meet again, and Wyoun might then prove himself in the eyes of his new master. <BR> <BR>Malebranche had departed for his own camp after he and Irgeroth had spent some time discussing the situation. Irgeroth's illusions could not be counted on against the handful who attacked the Trolls, and the Dark Ranger wanted that group dead as soon as possible. <BR> <BR>As his comrade departed, Irgeroth once again looked in his seeing crystal, searching for Saruman. And again the White Wizard's mind was draw elsewhere, as if held by another power. Irgeroth could see little through his poor replica of the Seeing Stones, but he knew enough to realize that Saruman could not be counted on, though this did not seem to be part of the Wizard's plans. <BR> <BR>A handful of crows were sent aloft, carrying orders for any nearby Bloodcrows - any aid would be welcome... <BR>
User avatar
Radagast
Ranger of the North

 
Posts: 2253
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2000 2:25 pm
Top

Postby Eleanorae » Mon Sep 11, 2000 11:51 pm

<b>Eleanorae</b> looked at her elf kin, a little reticently. Such anger in his soul. What was happening to the gentle elves she had once known? <b>Halasian</b> the ranger had turned dour, brooding and violent, her brother had attacked his own, and now a friend she had not seen for so long, had astonished her beyond belief with his savagery. It was the evil of the <b>BloodCrows</b> she thought, and she shivered. <BR> <BR>Slowly, she stepped forwarded gazing doen at the bloodied carcass which to her still resembled a friend. Looking up into <b>Mitheradan's</b> eyes, she spoke at last. <BR> <BR>'Thankyou, <b>Mitheradan</b>. In truth, I did not know what they were except that they meant us harm, despite their smiling faces. Their shadows were confused, far larger than their frames, and there was something odd about the way they approached. It was unnatural. Then, to confirm it, I saw the way you tensed with your hand readied on your axe - not the actions of one who saw friends. Two many elves have been killed, I was just on my guard and I use my eyes well. But...you saw them...you saw them as trolls straight away?' <BR> <BR>
User avatar
Eleanorae
Shield Bearer

 
Posts: 377
Joined: Wed May 10, 2000 12:04 am
Top

Postby Eleanorae » Tue Sep 12, 2000 12:30 am

<b>Malebranche</b> was in a foul mood, <b>Sorael</b> noted, as he watched his master's ice cold eyes bore into those of the troll deserters. <BR> <BR>'You let <b>Uggal</b> die, and come crawling back. Pah, you stinking balls of pus,' <b>Malebranche</b> ranted, 'and then his tone changed, dark and menacing,'should any of you fail once more, you shall die, most horribly. Yes-I promise you would rather face the elven axe-wielder than the death you shall face here. <b>Grugal</b> you are now in command. See if you can put some steel and fire into these jellied backbones.' <BR> <BR>'It's not enough,' <b>Malebranche</b> murmured to himself, though <b>Sorael</b> of course could hear, '<b>Irgeroth</b> will not reach the other <b>BloodCrow</b> for many weeks. We need the aid of <b>Saruman</b> or...I wonder..' <BR> <BR>'<b>Grugal</b>, here! I have your first command.' <b>Sorael's</b> ears pricked up and the horse edged closer still nibbling shoots and leaves as he moved. <b>Sorael</b> heard the discussions with shock and dread, a shiver of black ice fingered it's way down his spine and his flanks became coated with sweat and fear. <BR> <BR>Later as <b>Malebranche</b> rode him to <b>Irgeroth</b> so that the two could cement their plans, <b>Sorael</b> began to plan his shape-change to escape. They could not do this thing, surely. They had not the power, but <b>Malebranche</b> seemed to think he had.. <BR> <BR>Later, at the camp <b>Malebranche</b> left the horse to his own devices and <b>Sorael</b> took his chance. He disappeared into the trees, greatful that the wretch mannikin was not around to spy on him. For brief seconds he resumed his rightful form, his spine cracking as it slid back into alignment. <b>Sorael</b> grimaced and then sighed in relief as his joints molded themselves into a young handsome man with honey coloured hair, a fresh face which always appeared to be smiling and bright green laughing eyes. For a few minutes he revelled in the luxury of the familiar form, and then the name that had burnt a fierce dread into his soul leapt into his concscience, and he began to change once more. <BR> <BR>His fingers became the tips of black feathers, his nose grew sharp and beaked, his toes elongated...each nail developing into a long hardened talon. Every vertebrae crunched and grinded with a searing pain. At last, the man was no more, and a large black crow flexed each wing and hopped aroung the camp site gingerly. Testing the air at last he thrust his new frame up into the air, and circled high above the treetops to get his bearings. At length, he was off, in a direct path to <b>Imladris</b>. The one name passed through his conscience with every beat of his wings and lurch of his tiny heart....<b>Balrog</b>...<b>Balrog</b>....
User avatar
Eleanorae
Shield Bearer

 
Posts: 377
Joined: Wed May 10, 2000 12:04 am
Top

Postby Mitheradan » Tue Sep 12, 2000 12:46 pm

<b>Mitheradan</b> looked up at <b>Eleanorae</b>. He could see the slight hint of horror in her eyes; not at what he had done, but at the savagery with which he had done it. 'She cannot comprehend why I feel so much hatred toward them', <b>Mitheradan</b> thought to himself, 'I only hope that she never does.' <BR> <BR> <BR>At last he spoke saying, "I did not see trolls as you put it. I saw the strange shadows on the ground, as you did, but I trusted more to my axe." He held it up for her to see. "My axe glows whenever servants of the enemy are near, for it was forged in Gondolin long ago by my great grandfather." As he spoke the axe seemed to glow briefly. <BR> <BR> <BR>As <b>Eleanorae</b> looked at him, he seemed to be far away, as if he were looking back in time, and reliving a memory. <b>Mitheradan</b> looked at her once again and spoke, "A warrior learns that sometimes you cannot trust what your eyes tell you and you go on what your instinct tells you. My instinct told me that my axe has never been wrong before." He turned to clean his hands in the water and then looked back at <b>Eleanorae</b> and said, "We should return to Imladris to inform <b>Elrond</b> of our discovery." <BR> <BR> <BR><b>Eleanorae</b> nodded in agreement and they set off.
User avatar
Mitheradan
Shield Bearer

 
Posts: 239
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 1999 12:00 am
Location: Fallon, NV
Top

Postby Eleanorae » Wed Sep 13, 2000 5:13 am

<b>Eleanorae</b> walked back with <b>Mitheradan</b>, her thoughts lay heavy on her soul. <BR> <BR>She had sensed the trolls, yes, but she had still failed. Apart from that one shred of cloth, she had not been able to track down <b>Elavanar</b>,and she feared for him. Desperately, she wanted to return to <b>Imladris</b>, to see if <b>Forinor</b> had recovered, and she knew these things regarding the trolls that <b>Elrond</b> must know...but she had failed. <BR> <BR>At last she paused, and turned to <b>Mitheradan</b>. 'I would come back to <b>Imladris</b> with you <b>Mitheradan</b>, you know not how much my heart wants to return...but you do not know what has become of <b>Elavanar</b> and I must continue to look for him, before it is too late. Briefly, she recounted to him the pain her brother had gone through, and what he was trying to do to save <b>Imladris</b>. 'He is not in his right mind, I do not know what he will do. I'm sorry but I have to find him.' <BR> <BR>
User avatar
Eleanorae
Shield Bearer

 
Posts: 377
Joined: Wed May 10, 2000 12:04 am
Top

Postby Snowdog » Wed Sep 13, 2000 8:51 am

The morning sun shone down on the tree grove where <b>Halasan</b> was asleep. He woke and looked warily around, and there was no movement in sight, not even any birds. This was good, but stealth was superceded by quickness, so <b>Halasian</b> set out west toward the ruins of <b>Tharbad</b> and the wrecked bridge there. The ford there was dangerous and he would make any crossing pay dearly if they served darkness. With speed he ran across the fields, and he would tire not, as though some power was over him, for he had in his own mind what the <b>Bloodcrows</b> were up to. Yes, he would have to battle them his own way, and not he hindered by any nicities the <b>Rangers</b> or <b>Elrond</b> would wish. He ran on through the afternoon and came to a lone cottonwood on a rise, and he stopped and rested there. <b>Halasian</b> took out a seeing tube he had made long ago and scanned through it along the horizon, he could make out the road south of <b>Tharbad</b> in the setting sun, and knew that tomorrow he would arrive there. He climbed the tall cottonwood and looked further, and could see a lone horse and rider way south, and he also could see two toward the east where he had come. One looked as though a <b>Ranger</b>, and another looked also they were tracking him, but were very far off. He would rest for the hour or so until darkness once again fell, and carry on in stealth again at night. <BR>____________________________________________________________________________ <BR> <BR> <BR><b>Forcréd</b> and <b>Hayna</b> rode the horse hard, but her love of the animal caused her to let it rest at need. They all were short of water as they could not get any at the <b>Isen</b> due to running the guard. They had made the well trodden path of the <b>South Road</b> now and <b>Hayna</b> urged them to push on, for they were surely being watched by many in the wild. The rode far that day, and as evening fell, the stopped and slept some in the grass, though <b>Hayna</b> was ever alert, and he carried with him a sea scope, and he used it to watch carefully. The horse rested and ate the sweet grass, and as the black of night covered them, the mounted and rode again with speed to the North.
User avatar
Snowdog
Mariner

 
Posts: 8305
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2000 8:45 am
Top

Postby Eleanorae » Wed Sep 13, 2000 10:34 am

Daylight filtered through the trees where <b>Malebranche</b> lay. He was not asleep. He had much on his mind to plan, and he rarely wasted time on sleep. <BR> <BR>'<b>Vartreau</b>,' he called as the half-Orc stole over, 'What did <b>Elrond</b> learn from you?' <BR> <BR>'Very little. Pah! The elf is soft as butter. If I were him, I would have killed me on sight. The elves do not have the guts to slay us!' <BR> <BR>'Fool! <b>Vartreau</b>!' <b>Malebranche</b> spat, 'What do you think happened to <b>Uggal</b>. No! The elves will only take so much, and then they will fight. They have already begun. There are still those amongst them that are mighty and powerful. Still it is good that <b>Elrond</b> has not learned much.. <BR> <BR>'You too are a fool, <b>Malebranche</b>. <b>Elrond</b> learned little from me, but he knows much. <b>Halasian</b> and the man from <b>Gondor</b> ferreted out many of our secret scrolls. They name us all, even <b>Iregoth</b> - '. <BR> <BR>'But -,' <b>Malebranche</b> interjected '...what did you find out? Did you find out where he sources his power, how strong he is?' <BR> <BR>'No! <b>Elrond</b> is too clever! I fancy taking a second chance though, while the confusion around <b>Imladris</b> is still great.' <b>Vartreau</b> rasped, his voice terminating in a dark cackle...'maybe I can cause one or two more problems, and seek out as much info as I can..' <BR> <BR>'Do it, then! But..don't be so stupid as to get caught, <b>Vartreau</b>. I fear <b>Elrond</b> will not be so merciful a second time. And.. If you see <b>Bryna</b>.. watch out for her too.' <BR> <BR>'And where will you go, <b>Malebranche</b>, you are strangely silent?' <BR> <BR>'I go to end this. I go to a place which will be the ultimate downfall of <b>Imladris</b> and the elven race. I will be gone a while, but I will bring back a curse that will shake the elves from this land like autumn leaves in a gale! I go to <b>Moria</b>. <BR> <BR> <BR>
User avatar
Eleanorae
Shield Bearer

 
Posts: 377
Joined: Wed May 10, 2000 12:04 am
Top

Postby Eleanorae » Wed Sep 13, 2000 12:48 pm

Sunbeams danced through the Halls of <b>Elrond</b> as if the blood and gore of savaged elves was far away on a different world. Not true of the elves themselves though. The hearts of all lay heavy. A deep brooding anger was simmering in that House, the elves had been goaded enough. Smiling faces were now set hard as stone, and elves marched around <b>Rivendell</b> determined, stoic and resolute. A troop of dwarves had arrived from the Far North, having uncovered a <b>BloodCrow</b> raid, and slaughtered their commander. They came to report to <b>Elrond</b> and to offer their allegiance. <BR> <BR>A band of adventurous hobbits, mostly Tooks and a few Brandybucks, had turned up in <b>Lorien</b> seeking the shelter of <b>Galadriel</b>. She had managed to get them through the ranks of trolls and foul creatures, and safely to <b>Elrond</b>, where they offered their service, bowing before him. <b>Elrond</b> had accepted their help with all due respect. Others from Mirkwood, Rohan, Gondor had filtered through the files of <b>BloodCrow</b> and Orc troops surrounding the elvan lands. <BR> <BR>Now, <b>Elrond</b> watched while <b>Forinor</b> and <b>Jon Goatleaf</b> sparred. He smiled. The hefty Breelander had begun to lose weight. The Gondor man was good with a blade, in fact he was excellent, despite his injury. And the Breelander was learning quickly. Very quickly.. <BR> <BR>He looked down upon his hand, and the elvan ring shone like a million stars, though only he could see it there. The <b>BloodCrow</b> were a mere annoyance, little did they know the power he could unleash should he wish it. Should more of his elves take the long journey to the Halls of Mandos, maybe...just maybe he, <b>Galadriel</b> and <b>Celeborn</b> would unite and release their true power, venting upon the <b>BloodCrows</b>...but was this what <b>Sauron</b> wanted? To find their strength and use it against them?? Probably. There were other ways to defeat the <b>BloodCrow</b> after all... <BR> <BR> <BR>As he turned away from the clang of metal on metal, and the sweat soaked duellers, a large black crow fell at his feet, gasping for breath. It had obviously travelled hard and fast, it's heart beating wildly, eyes rolling with pain and anguish.. <BR> <BR><b>Elrond</b> bent down to pick the bird up. Gently, he carried it to the fountain, where the gentle spray began to revive it. Carefully <b>Elrond</b> laid a hand upon the bird. He could feel it tremble as his power pulsed through it's delicate frame. <BR> <BR>At last, the bird spoke, though <b>Elrond</b> seemed unsurprised to hear it. 'It is I, <b>Sorael</b>. I have news for us. Help me, while I regain my form' <BR> <BR><b>Elrond</b> continued to heal the exhausted creature while before his eyes, the black feathers shrank into long pale hands, and the scaly legs and claws grew into long slim limbs. Slowly, the beady black eyes changed to a deep sea-green in colour, and then <b>Sorael</b> the wizard appeared in whole and slumped before him. <BR> <BR><b>Elrond</b> helped <b>Sorael</b> to a room, and bade him rest, but <b>Sorael</b> refused. Weakly he gasped..'<b>Malebranche</b> intends to wake a <b>Balrog</b> ....we are doomed, we are doomed'
User avatar
Eleanorae
Shield Bearer

 
Posts: 377
Joined: Wed May 10, 2000 12:04 am
Top

Postby heliona » Wed Sep 13, 2000 1:33 pm

Almarian, Arkaeth, and Lilion travelled back to Imladris quickly, managing, only by Lilion and Arkaeth's skills, to evade the trolls. Both of them did not know that the tracks that they saw were trolls, they thought that they were Elves, but recent events had made them wary, and all of them wanted to enter Rivendell without detection. <BR> <BR>When they arrived back, Almarian let Finduilas and Fleetwood go, on the condition that they did not stray far, and Lilion went back to his Patrol. Almarian and Arkaeth went to seek out Elrond and give him the news. On the way, they met Jon and Forinor sparring, and both Rangers were impressed by the Breelander's skill. The two joined Arkaeth and Almarian in their search for Elrond. They were led to a room, where he was standing with a young man who looked dead on his feet. They heard his words as they entered the room, and Almarian grabbed at Arkaeth's hand in horror at the mention of the Balrog.
User avatar
heliona
The Sexy One ~ Hellaciously Huggable
 
Posts: 10558
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2000 11:14 am
Location: Atop a sunny hill
Top

Postby Arthedain » Thu Sep 14, 2000 8:20 am

Forinor enjoyede the workout with a sword with Jon, and it helped in his healing therapy. A bow was good, and Forinor became fairly good with one, but he preferred the blade. They entered and heard the reports from the Rangers and the grim news of the quest of a Balrog. Forinor was not sure what a Balrog was, but tales of old in Gondor spoke of ancient battles befoer the world was changed where great beasts of war were used. This was grim news indeed. Forinor was also glad to see some countrymen had arrived, and they spoke much of the events. They were volunteers that were called for by Steward Denethor, as he seemed to have a way to see far beyond his realm and sensed the need for strength. Though the men of Gondor numbered less than 100, some from Rohan had rode in and reported losses in battles with groups of orc-men. A dozen of the riders remained out of 20 who left their fair land, and the were taking rest from their long journey. But Forinor wondered of the whereabouts of Halasian, and the fact that Elendur did not return with the other Rangers, and they said there was only sign of the carnage Halasian wrought, Forinor knew that Halasian was unstoppable when he got this way. His foray to the very entrance of Minas Morgul was one of those instances, and though he is reckless, he seems to know when to use cleverness, deception and stealth. Forinor thought much of the events happening, and he was ready to walk the borders again and look for invaders. <BR>
User avatar
Arthedain
Rider of the Mark
 
Posts: 666
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2000 3:25 pm
Top

Postby Radagast » Thu Sep 14, 2000 4:04 pm

Far to the East, a cold breeze swept across the grasslands that bordered the heart of Rohan, whistling in the reeds and shaking the limbs of the cottonwood that Halasian had perched in. The sun was gone from the sky, and the stars of night winked into being overhead, each glittering like a shard of a Silmaril.<BR><BR>Nilvoth passed unseen in these lands, still tracking his prey. Halasian, too, tracked the two riders he saw, and both foes were unaware of the other, for the night was dark and moonless, and each were masters of their art. And thus they headed towards inevitable confrontation...<BR><BR>----------------------<BR><BR>On the borders of Rivendell, Irgeroth brooded in dark thought. Saruman had failed him, but he still was unsure why. From what he couls see with his crystal, the Wizard's mind and eyes were elsewhere, almost as if another force held them captive, like a moth entranced by candlelight. None of this seemed part of Saruman's plans, yet it did not bode well for Irgeroth. <BR><BR>Another troop of Trolls arrived in the afternoon, but they were fewer than expected. Irgeroth cursed - how could victory slip from his grasp! If he could simply keep Rivendell out of the world's affairs long enough, Saruman could make the first move in the game. But the Wizard held back - or was held back by another Power. Either way, another solution would need to be found.<BR><BR>Rumors had floated through the camp about a "beast of fire and pain," and Malebranche was somehow tied to these tales. Though Irgeroth gave little credit to the intelligence of Trolls and Orcs, there might have been some truth to these rumors afterall. And so, the two Bloodcrows met once again, and Malebranche told Irgeroth of the ancient bane of the Elves - the Balrogs. <BR><BR>The fallen Elf had studied many things dark and terrible in his forgotten youth, and in those dusty books of lore was an account of the last known encounter with such a beast. The author - and only survivor of a large group of mercenaries and treasure hunters - was deemed quite mad by all she encountered, but the Elves took the lesson to heart and recorded her ominous words. Malebranche thus learned of of the Balrog that lay at the roots of the Misty Mountains.<BR><BR>Though Irgeroth doubted any man or Elf could hope to enlist a Balrog's aid, unleashing such a terror upon the world would only serve to add to the growing chaos and leave the Elves more fearful than ever. Irgeroth gave Malebranche his blessing, but the Dark Ranger secretly suspected that the fallen Elf would never return. It mattered not, so long as the Balrog was released.<BR><BR>Untl then, something would still need to be done about Rivendell...<BR>
User avatar
Radagast
Ranger of the North

 
Posts: 2253
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2000 2:25 pm
Top

Postby the mouth of sauron » Sun Sep 17, 2000 12:48 am

It did not sit well with Wyoun to disobey his master, but the Blood of the this ranger ( who even Wyoun thought was one of there best) was going to be his call to legend. He stopped for an hours sleep here and there, it was taking all of his skill to follow this man... but in the end he too would die as would all foes of the Bloodcrows...<BR><BR>______________________________________________________________________<BR><BR>Kunarr had followed the Troll's for many days, untill they reached this large camp, he could see a few people in the camp like the one's that had kept him from entering the land of the short folk... but these ones mixed with troll's .... how interesting he thought.
User avatar
the mouth of sauron
Mariner


 
Posts: 7993
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2000 1:00 am
Location: Australia
Top

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ahrefs.com, Google [Bot] and 1 guest

cron