Redemption: A Word Aside (Mods, please lock)

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

Postby Elenath » Mon Dec 20, 2004 1:31 pm

Scribbles - I could probably get my muse to dig up a post cornering the Scribe, if you'd like to work in that little conversation we thought up earlier? :D;)
Elenath
Ranger of the North

Postby SilverScribe » Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:21 pm

Y'know Elenath, my brain is about as useful as a rain barrel in outer space right about now. Can you possibly refresh me on that "conversation"? E-mail if ya like . . .

*sigh* I know. I'm bad, really horribly bad. If I don't put whatever I'm supposed to remember on a sticky note and stick it to my bookcase or desk, it will surely run away with the spoon at the first opportunity . . .

:oops: :D
SilverScribe
Scribe, Wanderer, Warrior . . . Bard of Rhudaur and Herald of Manwe

Postby Dindraug » Tue Dec 21, 2004 1:19 am

SilverScribe wrote:Hmmm, the Scribe tried picking a fight with the stroppy elf . . . maybe that isn't dramatic enough, hehehe. I'll see if the muse has any ideas . . . and don't worry. Even if by some miracle she invents something before the Christmas break, y'all dont have to jump in until the holiday . . . ;):D

It nearly worked beloved Scribe, but my Muse is sulking, no really the old hound is sleeping under a tree in the sun, stuffed with dog treats and refusing to play. I roll a ball his way every now and again, and he will watch it until it stops...as long as he doesn't have to move his head.

I did manage to get three (count em) half finished posts following your petulant walk off :P but they sucked, I mean really sucked, it was the Mcdonalds milkshake of sucking. The potential was there but the souflee sagged.

I will get better, but need to relax over Crimbo.

Still thinking about the kidnapping, but may have to twist that somewhat BWAHAHAHAHAAH.
Dindraug
Ranger of the North

Postby Elenath » Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:48 am

SilverScribe wrote:Y'know Elenath, my brain is about as useful as a rain barrel in outer space right about now.

:rofl: :D Not a problem, O Scribe of the Leaky Memory :P It was just a short bit I'd written up as a way of introducing Cemandorin and the Mirkwood situation. You may have it in your email still, since I sent you a copy... In fact, if you do, would you mind forwarding it back to me? My computer at home is internetless for a few days... :roll: :( If you don't have it though, no problem, I'm sure I can get my hands on it.
Elenath
Ranger of the North

Postby Bardhwyn » Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:42 am

Dindraug wrote:... but they sucked, I mean really sucked, it was the Mcdonalds milkshake of sucking.

*SNOOOOOORT*

Yup, that is an effective analogy!! Hehehehehe...

Hi y'all. :D I am lurkin' at work so I'm just peeking in. :twisted:
Bardhwyn
Mariner

Postby SilverScribe » Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:07 pm

Elenath wrote: :rofl: :D Not a problem, O Scribe of the Leaky Memory :P It was just a short bit I'd written up as a way of introducing Cemandorin and the Mirkwood situation. You may have it in your email still, since I sent you a copy... In fact, if you do, would you mind forwarding it back to me? My computer at home is internetless for a few days... :roll: :( If you don't have it though, no problem, I'm sure I can get my hands on it.

AAAHHHHH!!! E-mail!!!! Of course, let me rummage. I am rather good at rummaging, since I'm forced to do it often . . . ;):D

Din, ROFLMAO!! Now while they possibly might or maybe have been a tiny bit awful, I doubt they SUCKED. Somehow, I can't imagine your posts sucking anywhere near badly enough to be compared to Rotten Ronnie Milkshakes . . . thank heaven I've never tasted one (probably fortunate, right?) . . .

So let's all just relax and let the muses rest or play as they wish over the holidays . . .

tosses Din's muse a squeaky toy shaped like a cat muse =:):D:D

Edit: Naughty Bardy . . . ;):D
SilverScribe

Postby Elenath » Wed Dec 29, 2004 12:34 pm

Well, there's a bit of something to get things moving again :D If I got the positions of anyone completely wrong (which is very possible :roll: ), let me know, and I'll put that handy little edit button to use ;)
Elenath
Ranger of the North

Postby SilverScribe » Wed Dec 29, 2004 3:58 pm

Mmmmmm, elegant posts as usual Elenath . . . ;)

I put Matrim around the corner of the rock and into the dark, I figured he likely wouldn't just drop the cloak and dress in front of Wiste, or the Scribe for that matter, LOL.

:D:D:D
SilverScribe

Postby TibodomTook » Mon Jan 03, 2005 9:44 am

This is my first post and will be my last, normally.

You know this is nienor-niniel, it is excluded that I bring back Nin on the boards.

I told Scribbles the very day I left TORC that my departure included Redemption. I thought for a while, I might be able to write one last post to write my character out, but I doubt I will have the strength to make it happen.

It has been a great RP. A pleasure. An honour.

But it's over.
TibodomTook
Shield Bearer

Postby Dindraug » Mon Jan 03, 2005 10:18 am

Elenath, 'Oh sister, with the vista to create marvelous posts, that I could lister'.... (see, I can do poems ;) ). Liked what you did there, and nice prod for abscent muses.

I guess we have to say bye to some folks soon. Nin, you will be missed, and Rho *big affectionate hug*.

So time to move on, trudge out of Fangorn and onto Mirkwood.

I also guess we need to wite some folks out. I am thinking at the moment they will be;

Nin, Rho, SB and Mat.

I am working on something to do this, which can happen anytime before we enter Mirkwood but it would be nicer before we cross the river Anduin. If anybody knows any reason why any of the above named can not be written out in a post can they say so now or forever hold their piece ;)

Scribe, I hope I am not treading on toes with this, if I am tell me. I just think we need to get this moving and at the moment its like that scean in Master & Commander, when the old mast with a crewman is dragging behind the ship and pulling it under. I just think its time to get out the axes and cut a few ropes.

Oh, and hugs to all. Sorry I have been abscent myself for a while. It was needed.

XXXX
Dindraug
Ranger of the North

Postby Elenath » Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:27 am

Dindraug wrote:Elenath, 'Oh sister, with the vista to create marvelous posts, that I could lister'.... (see, I can do poems ;) ). Liked what you did there, and nice prod for abscent muses.

Why thank you, Brother Dear :D:P

Dindraug wrote:I also guess we need to wite some folks out. I am thinking at the moment they will be;

Nin, Rho, SB and Mat.

Scribbles and I were talking about Mat the other night, and I know she was emailing him. In fact, this reminds me that I was supposed to call him and tell him to check his email... :blush: One thing I would ask, though, is that if Mat isn't able to write himself out (assuming this is necessary), and if whoever's writing the post can't get hold of him directly, that I get the chance to go over the post with him by phone. I know he had ideas of what would and wouldn't be ok for writing Mat out, and I want to make sure it works for him. :)

Edit: Just wanted to add that I'm in complete agreement with the ropes and axes thing, and am really looking forward to seeing this thread moving again :D
Elenath
Ranger of the North

Postby SilverScribe » Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:32 pm

Nin, as we discussed in e-mail, no problem. We will write your nienor-niniel character out of the story, and make it something good, something that is suitable to her character and present condition. You will be missed, friend, may the Valar ever guard your road. :)

Dindraug wrote:I also guess we need to wite some folks out. I am thinking at the moment they will be;

Nin, Rho, SB and Mat.

Din, you're not treading on toes at all, it's nice to see you so fired up to write again! However, when we write Nin out, I'd like to send her a draft of the post, it's only fair that she has some input, if she wants to of course. And I think I mentioned this to her in a reply mail when she left TORC and e-mailed me.

I discussed Rho's exit with her just the other day via IM and she would like to draft up her post (or maybe posts) as well. So Din, maybe e-mail the group with your ideas, include Rho and Nin in that mail and let's see if we can't make this a group effort that will send our fellow authors off in an exciting and fitting way.

SB I think, is fine with whatever we do, except being kidnapped - I think we'll have to forget that angle, LOL, as fun as it sounded. ;) I think it might be an idea to have him ride off to Minas Tirith to bring the new King news of the additional devastation that Dindraug has found. Rho has said that her character would be willing to accompany him on such a noble errand. ;)

As for Mat, *sigh* yes. Elenath, no worries darlin', I was supposed to e-mail him the other day, but I got deluged with a surprise houseload of company and I haven't been back to the computer until today. I'll write him as soon as I post this and see if he can commit to this story or not. If he can't,. then perhaps he will be able to give us, through the phone to you or e-mails to the group, what sort of exit he would like his character to make. (That nassssstry wizard Tran may be a good plot device) ;)

I'm sad to say this, but I have been eyeing the ropes and axes for a long time now, as my last badly worded e-mail can attest to. I'd like to see how the story progresses with just the remaining participants for a while, then maybe we can have a discussion about whether to open the thread up to new blood or not.

Okay, off to e-mail Mat. *sigh* :(
SilverScribe

Postby Bardhwyn » Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:17 pm

Greetings and Happy New Year!!

I am back from my week away and it was good, very good. :)

I am thoroughly convinced as a result of meditating for 6+ hours a day for 6 days that - yes, I am ready to move back to the UK.

Huzzah!

Damn the torpedos and full steam ahead! No quarter and nail the colours to the mast! Don't give up the ship and never day die!!

Huzzah!

Ok, so much for all the bravado. It is a front, of course because I am staring into the great big unknown and realizing much like the Fool's Card in the Tarot, I am yet again stepping off into the Void.

:D

'Nough 'bout me.

Regards the RP and the exiting of characters -

I would like to suggest that, in light of the number we are bidding adieu to, that we artfully roll them all together in one exit. Rho, Nin, SB and Mat all leave together and for relatively similar reasons - and not write a seperate exit, subplot and host of reasons for each simply because it will take a lot of writing, planning and interweaving to accomplish this plausibly.

We will be stretching the plausibility issue anyway with so many departing.

I hold up Thenie's literary exit and Juwel's as examples. It took a long time to get them 'off' as it were.

Can't we just have them all ride off - to Minad Tirith, together - to get medical help and to inform the King?

:)
Bardhwyn
Mariner

Postby SilverScribe » Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:23 pm

Bardhwyn wrote:Can't we just have them all ride off - to Minad Tirith, together - to get medical help and to inform the King?
:)

Glad to hear you had a great rest Bardy!

That's actually a good idea, maybe someone can draft up something and we can run it by Nin, Rho and Mat?

I e-mailed Mat today, so I'd like to hold off at least until I hear from him . . .

:D:D
SilverScribe

Postby Dindraug » Tue Jan 04, 2005 1:30 am

Can't we just have them all ride off - to Minad Tirith, together - to get medical help and to inform the King?

Minad Tirith? Are you making up cities again young lady :P

But that was one of the ideas I was working on. Having a bunch of baddies *cough* interact with us, have us triumph (Huzzah!) but have half the group go of to MINAS Tirith ( :roll: ) to warn the King, and the rest carry on with the plot.

On thing I am struggeling over is Leoba (duvet theif, it's an issue :shock: )...err, but seriously. Why would Leoba stay with us if SB rides off into the sunset? I had thought he could go off because he has a fast horse, Rho rides to Edoras, Mat to the East (possibly with Nin in tow?) but I am struggeling with why Leoba would stay with us, unless something happens to SB. The origional kidnapping was so that he could still live, I would obviously not kill him off unless I had too. I also had him falling into the river and getting taken off, but she would then have to go after him, heading South rather than North.

So, that's what happening in my head at the moment. Any suggestions?

ps, Bardy, Squeak!!!!!! :D
Dindraug
Ranger of the North

Postby Leoba » Tue Jan 04, 2005 2:09 am

Bardy, I'm glad to hear you had a good break. But I must contradict you - you talk about stepping into the void. But you forget there are people readying a mattress to catch you should it be necessary. :P

So we're back at square one with the 'how do we get rid of half the cast' question. Scribbles, I think you know my thoughts on this: that a forced split is the only way I can think that Leoba would not go with Dirk. I can see I'm going to have to make some decisions.
Leoba
Mariner

Location: Troubadour of Ithilien, dwelling within sight of Weathertop

Postby SilverScribe » Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:10 am

Okay, smack me in the head with a frozen tuna, my brain has had too much holiday time . . .

Leoba's right, SB could be swept up by Delkarnoth's evil minions, otherwise, yes, why wouldn't his Lady loyally ride off with him? Sheesh, some days I should just stay in bed. ;)

I think I'll just let you guys plot this out, LOL! I'm no use at all and my muse has locked herself in a closet, silly cow.

Thank heaven for talented co-writers! :)

SilverScribe

Postby SilverScribe » Thu Jan 06, 2005 7:52 am

Okay, sorry to post on top of myself . . .

I'm going to draft up an e-mail to y'all sometime today (hopefully sooner than later, before my day goes in the dumper).

I think I'll cover, in point form, the various ideas that everyone has and how to incorporate them into the story in order to get the company sorted out and off on it's different roads.

If I miss anything, I know y'all will be able to help me out.

SilverScribe

Postby Dindraug » Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:16 am

Had to post, that was building up in me and now felt the time to start setting stuff up.

I know Rho is waiting to ride with a way out, so I was sort of setting up a chance to ride to Mudburg.

As for the rest, well it adds a bit of spice I think. Still to decide if Din is bounty or hunter in this.

The group following is the Orcs I mentioned earlier but they are some way off, like a day or so I thinkl.

Will mail with more ;)
Dindraug
Ranger of the North

Postby SilverScribe » Sun Jan 09, 2005 6:57 pm

Wonderful post Din! Lots and lots of information to digest and make note of for later . . . :D

I'll only ask one favour . . . ;) The Scribe is first a warrior, but second, a scholar. She has a deep seated drive for perfection, so her Quenyan would not be "accented" and she would not struggle with it. She spent centuries (on and off) in Imladris under the instruction of excellent teachers so she speaks it easily and very well. Her Sindarin is also near perfect, since she studied that under her old Istari master, and I doubt his instruction would be off any. Almost all of the magic she knows is done in Sindarin, don't ask me why, my muse simply insists she wants it that way . . . :roll:

The only languages that she never bothered to learn very much of are those of the East. And she will live to regret that . . . ;)

Ta.

Now to digest the e-mail ;):D:D:D
SilverScribe

Postby Dindraug » Mon Jan 10, 2005 1:27 am

SilverScribe wrote:I'll only ask one favour . . . ;) The Scribe is first a warrior, but second, a scholar. She has a deep seated drive for perfection, so her Quenyan would not be "accented" and she would not struggle with it. She spent centuries (on and off) in Imladris under the instruction of excellent teachers so she speaks it easily and very well. Her Sindarin is also near perfect, since she studied that under her old Istari master, and I doubt his instruction would be off any. Almost all of the magic she knows is done in Sindarin, don't ask me why, my muse simply insists she wants it that way . . . :roll:

Sorry I should have called it schoolroom or Royal Quenya, a bit like British standard English or High German. the sylabals that fall from Scribbles toungue are perfectly accented, but poor old Din being a child of the wilds does not always get the meaning as he is used to the working language ;)

Actually, I was being bad and poking, din is ever so slightly bigoted when it comes to humans and will always find issue with the way they use Elf culture and language. Bad snobby elf that he is.

It may be the Imladris accent that Din has a problem with, he does see El-Rondo as a bit to big for his boots ;)
Dindraug
Ranger of the North

Postby SilverScribe » Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:09 am

Royal Quenya? LOL, okay, you're forgiven. ;):P:D:D:D

Where is everyone? Were the e-mails THAT daunting? Or has the deep freeze we are currently suffering here in Western Canada spread and claimed more victims? :shock: GASP!!

The iceman not only cometh, he's arrived. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr . . .

Stay warm everbody!!

:D:D
SilverScribe

Postby Elenath » Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:02 am

Sorry, Din - I'm just now remembering to go back and thoroughly read your post... :blush: (I was pretty busy the weekend you posted it.) I'll see if I can kick my muse into gear sometime soon and get a reply up ;)

One teensy little thing, though -- you talked about Scribbles' Quenya accent, but we were speaking Sindarin the whole time... ;):D (Due to an author's bias, Sindarin being my favorite of the two ;) )
Elenath
Ranger of the North

Postby Dindraug » Wed Jan 19, 2005 1:15 am

Sorry Elenath, I havn't been in to check on the thread. What, you two were talking Sindarin? I thought Scribe mentione Quenya.

Ah well, remember it's all from the prospective of the writer and din (in a bad mood) may well see Sindarin as a sub-language of Quenya, sullied as it ws by the influence of Thingol and his Maia bride.

Well thats my excuse anyway.

So, we moving on in this thread or what?
Dindraug
Ranger of the North

Postby SilverScribe » Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:01 pm

Elenaths post:She spoke softly, in the grey-elven speech. She also, unusually, spoke somewhat hesitantly.

My reply: She raised an eyebrow at Elenath’s use of Sindarin instead of the more common Quenyan, but replied in kind, keeping her voice pitched too low for human ears, but well within the range of the eldar’s hearing.

Dindraug wrote:So, we moving on in this thread or what?

I have been wondering much the same thing . . . =:):D:D

Elenath: Any word from Matrim? He hasn't replied to any e-mails, so I'm thinking we'll just write him out . . . :(
SilverScribe

Postby Elenath » Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:35 am

SilverScribe wrote:Elenath: Any word from Matrim? He hasn't replied to any e-mails, so I'm thinking we'll just write him out . . . :(

No, nothing so far. :( I've left a couple messages on his cell phone... even though there are reasons he might simply be avoiding me, I think he's just still really, really busy. Which means that, yes, he probably ought to be written out. :( I'll leave him one more message, letting him know that Mat's being written out, and if he wants any input or wants to write it himself he needs to get in touch right away. *sigh*
Elenath
Ranger of the North

Postby SilverScribe » Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:33 pm

Well, five days on and no word from our intrepid Easterling.

Though it breaks my heart (and though the old scribbler probably wouldn't admit it, but hers too), we will have to bite the bullet and write him out. I'll take responsibility for that bit . . .

How are we all doing? No one has replied to the e-mails except Din . . .
SilverScribe

Postby Leoba » Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:51 am

I am here, Scribbles! Just lurking a little (had computer problems all last week) and pretty much in agreement with what Din emailed out, in so far as I can recall.

It's a great shame we've not had a squeak back from Mat though. :(

As for RP. If I'm anywhere on TORC then this thread is it, but I'm still utterly museless, with a brain preoccupied with real life!
Leoba
Mariner

Location: Troubadour of Ithilien, dwelling within sight of Weathertop

Postby SilverScribe » Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:14 am

Ack! Computer problems, I hear you Leoba. I'm starting to have some serious problems on my home comp too. Time for a new machine and a hardware router . . .

No worries, I'm going to reply to Din's mail today, just to put in my two pence worth and build on some of his ideas.

Din darlin', if you could send around that post you mentioned . . . :D:D

Yeah, Mat. *sigh* Ah well.
SilverScribe

Postby SmaugsBane » Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:35 pm

Hello. *knocks sheepishly in the door and sticks a tousled head in*

Am I still welcome here?
SmaugsBane
Ranger of the North

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)