The Butterfly Garden

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

Postby erinhue » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:59 pm

With the setting sun the light upon the meadow began to fade. The evening winds danced in the sweet grass and spoke gently to the man still standing at the meadow’s edge.

“For seven years you have come here to mourn your love. You must come here no more. She came to you to release you and now you must release her. For seven years she has forgone the joys of her reward to come here and suffer with you. For seven years she has watched you stand here in this field from season to season and year to year.

You must come here no more. There is nothing for you here that is not already burned upon your heart. In another day, another time, this once again will be your special place, yours and hers and the two of you will never leave it, unless you leave together. It is not yet that time. You cannot stay here and you must not hold her to this place. It is time for you to go, to go on with the life that you have yet to live. It is time for you to go.”

Erinhue heard the message riding upon the wind and knew it to be the wind and word of truth. Another life awaited him. Another life that he held more dear than his own depended upon his presence and yet another would be devastated should he chose to ignore the truth and remain. There were little ones, brand new lives that would need wise stewarding as they began their way in life.

There was nothing for him here and everything beyond the confines of this recollection simply waiting for him to gaze in that direction. It was time to leave this place, to put away its memories, to release its ghosts, to revere its spirit and walk away.

For another moment Erinhue gazed out over the meadow. The silver light of the full moon cast feathery shadows sweeping across the sweet grass floor. For one last moment Erinhue allowed his heart to break as he sank down into the carpet of wild flowers and sent the pain back into the earth. In one more moment, he stood, drew three deep breaths, then turned towards the new life that waited. In one more and final moment, he spoke her name then turned and walked away.
"Where ever you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Bonzi

erinhue
Warrior/Bard of Belfalas Illuvatar's Bright Spirit

Postby Parador~J » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:30 pm

:rose: :grouphug:

Love you dear friend...with hope and a new beginning...if you will let us...we'd be honored to walk out with you when you get ready...

***Vana comes forward and takes Guru's hand...Rwhen come forward and takes Guru's hand...and then takes Tempest's hand...then looks around to find SB's hand...who in turn takes FT's hand...Enty comes along and takes FT's hand and then gently takes Oreo's hand...P~J takes Vana's and then takes Scribbles hand...who in turn takes Tooks and then takes Calma's hand...Rowanberry takes Rho's and then she takes Eari's and then Kaya takes Gimli's hand...

***what you do is take and copy this and then paste it to a new post and add more names...the goal is: we will walk with Hue ...we add our support in friendship and love as he takes this very painful and much needed step out of the Meadows and in to a new beginning...a place that as served him with memories love, security and strength...***
Last edited by Parador~J on Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Parador~J
Spirit of Endurance

Postby Cock-Robin » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:19 am

***Vana comes forward and takes Guru's hand...Rwhen come forward and takes Guru's hand...and then takes FT's...Enty comes along and takes FT's hand and then gently takes Oreo's hand...P~J takes Vana's and then takes Scribbles hand...who in turn takes Tooks and then takes Calma's hand...Rowanberry takes Rho's and then she takes Eari's and then Kaya takes Gimli's hand Robin takes hands with the rest, and up above, Meneldor the Swift flies above, sheltering all with his wings, and lets a feather fall down into Erinhue's hands in token of his new life.

***what you do is take and copy this and then paste it to a new post and add more names...the goal is: we will walk with Hue ...we add our support in friendship and love as he takes this very painful and much needed step out of the Meadows and in to a new beginning...a place that as served him with memories love, security and strength...***

I love french toast, too!

Meneldor, Warrior Bard, and Brondgast, Mithril Knights

Gwaeryn and Robin, The Expected Party

Meneldor, Alatar and Pallando, Darkness Reigns: The Resistance

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby rwhen » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:35 am

rwhen notices:

***Vana comes forward and takes Guru's hand...Rwhen come forward and takes Guru's hand...and then takes FT's...Enty comes along and takes FT's hand and then gently takes Oreo's hand...P~J takes Vana's and then takes Scribbles hand...who in turn takes Tooks and then takes Calma's hand...Rowanberry takes Rho's and then she takes Eari's and then Kaya takes Gimli's hand Robin takes hands with the rest, and up above, Meneldor the Swift flies above, sheltering all with his wings, and lets a feather fall down into Erinhue's hands in token of his new life. Freehealm takes Robins hand, SmaugsBane takes Freehealm's hand, Leoba takes SmaugsBane's hand, tuile takes Leoba's hand, Sunsilver takes tuile's hand and more enter the growing circle of friendship.

Edited to add:

My profound apologies to heliona who I seem to have left hanging here 5 years ago. :shock: :oops:

Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Time out of Mind, forever bound to my Knight Ayslhyn

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever :hug:
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Vanaladiel » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:29 am

***Vana comes forward and takes Guru's hand...Rwhen come forward and takes Guru's hand...and then takes FT's...Enty comes along and takes FT's hand and then gently takes Oreo's hand..P~J takes Vana's and then takes Scribbles hand...who in turn takes Tooks and then takes Calma's hand...Rowanberry takes Rho's and then she takes Eari's and then Kaya takes Gimli's hand Robin takes hands with the rest, and up above, Meneldor the Swift flies above, sheltering all with his wings, and lets a feather fall down into Erinhue's hands in token of his new life. Freehealm takes Robins hand, SmaugsBane takes Freehealm's hand, Leoba takes SmaugsBane's hand, tuile takes Leoba's hand, Sunsilver takes tuile's hand, Rosemorningstar takes Sunsilvers hand, Irisbrandybuck takes Rosemorningstar's hand and still more enter the growing circle of friendship.

Image Spring come quickly!!
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby RoseMorninStar » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:55 am

(I'm not sure I'm doing this right.. I thought I was supposed to add my own name but it's already here so I'm guessing I'm just supposed to pick someone who's not already on here?) In any case.. I gladly join hands with my TORc friends and walk in support of 'Hue!

[quote="Vanaladiel"]***Vana comes forward and takes Guru's hand...Rwhen come forward and takes Guru's hand...and then takes FT's...Enty comes along and takes FT's hand and then gently takes Oreo's hand..P~J takes Vana's and then takes Scribbles hand...who in turn takes Tooks and then takes Calma's hand...Rowanberry takes Rho's and then she takes Eari's and then Kaya takes Gimli's hand Robin takes hands with the rest, and up above, Meneldor the Swift flies above, sheltering all with his wings, and lets a feather fall down into Erinhue's hands in token of his new life. Freehealm takes Robins hand, SmaugsBane takes Freehealm's hand, Leoba takes SmaugsBane's hand, tuile takes Leoba's hand, Sunsilver takes tuile's hand, Rosemorningstar takes Sunsilvers hand, Irisbrandybuck takes Rosemorningstar's hand and still more enter the growing circle of friendship. RoseMorninStar beckons Cock-Robin to join the chain and he takes Irisbrandybucks' hand as we draw together in unity & friendship.

RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby SilverScribe » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:12 pm

***Vana comes forward and takes Guru's hand...Rwhen come forward and takes Guru's hand...and then takes FT's...Enty comes along and takes FT's hand and then gently takes Oreo's hand..P~J takes Vana's and then takes Scribbles' hand...who in turn takes Tooks' and then takes Calma's hand...Rowanberry takes Rho's and then she takes Eari's and then Kaya takes Gimli's hand and Robin takes hands with the rest, and up above, Meneldor the Swift flies above, sheltering all with his wings, and lets a feather fall down into Erinhue's hands in token of his new life. Freahelm takes Robins hand, SmaugsBane takes Freahelm's hand, Leoba takes SmaugsBane's hand, tuile takes Leoba's hand, Sunsilver takes tuile's hand, Rosemorningstar takes Sunsilvers hand, Irisbrandybuck takes Rosemorningstar's hand and still more enter the growing circle of friendship. RoseMorninStar beckons Cock-Robin to join the chain and he takes Irisbrandybucks' hand as we draw together in unity & friendship. Scribbles nods and invites The_Fool into the circle, where he takes Cock-Robin's other hand and then beckons to Bardhwyn, who takes his hand and elengil takes Bardy's other hand as both joyfully join in the growing circle of unity and friendship.

LOL, it appears our friend CR has four hands . . . ah but the more the merrier, eh wot?

:D:D:D
SilverScribe
Scribe, Wanderer, Warrior . . . Bard of Rhudaur and Herald of Manwe

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:10 am

Um, yeah, I'm as confused as Rose and you've all added names I'd add so...:hihi:

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck
I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

Postby rwhen » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:43 am

***The idea is to add people to the line/ring of friendship and support, if yours is already there..then add others that you think would like to be there too if they were posting...like this:

(quote reply - copy paste - then add names)

***Vana comes forward and takes Guru's hand...Rwhen come forward and takes Guru's hand...and then takes FT's...Enty comes along and takes FT's hand and then gently takes Oreo's hand..P~J takes Vana's and then takes Scribbles' hand...who in turn takes Tooks' and then takes Calma's hand...Rowanberry takes Rho's and then she takes Eari's and then Kaya takes Gimli's hand and Robin takes hands with the rest, and up above, Meneldor the Swift flies above, sheltering all with his wings, and lets a feather fall down into Erinhue's hands in token of his new life. Freahelm takes Robins hand, SmaugsBane takes Freahelm's hand, Leoba takes SmaugsBane's hand, tuile takes Leoba's hand, Sunsilver takes tuile's hand, Rosemorningstar takes Sunsilvers hand, Irisbrandybuck takes Rosemorningstar's hand and still more enter the growing circle of friendship. RoseMorninStar beckons Cock-Robin to join the chain and he takes Irisbrandybucks' hand as we draw together in unity & friendship. Scribbles nods and invites The_Fool into the circle, where he takes Cock-Robin's other hand and then beckons to Bardhwyn, who takes his hand and elengil takes Bardy's other hand as both joyfully join in the growing circle of unity and friendship. Raven enters the growing circle and takes elengil's hand and invites hunter to take her hand. Gwendalar happily joins the group taking hunter's hand, basillllly then comes forward to take Gwendalar's hand continuing the growing circle of unity and friendship.

(I don't think it really matters if hands might be doubled up :D or names might be duplicated, I think it is about the importance of showing unity and friendship to our dear Master Bard at this time and always.)

Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Time out of Mind, forever bound to my Knight Ayslhyn

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever :hug:
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Cock-Robin » Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:57 pm

LOL, now we're playing Twister! I'm game! :P

I love french toast, too!

Meneldor, Warrior Bard, and Brondgast, Mithril Knights

Gwaeryn and Robin, The Expected Party

Meneldor, Alatar and Pallando, Darkness Reigns: The Resistance

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby erinhue » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:58 am

As he walks out and away from the Meadow, Erinhue spots a growing group of people holding hands. Drawing closer, the bard realizes that he knew many, no, all of the faces standing in that ever expanding circle. Seeing him approach they called out to him.

"'Hue, over here. We've come to walk with you."

The bard stopped by his emotions took time to gaze upon each beloved face and saw support and true friendship beaming back at him.

Not knowing what to say and knowing that no words were necessary Erinhue mustered up the courage to beam his very best star bright grin.

"Long as you lot would come along
I deem it reason for a song
A song that tells us how the end
Begins anew among ones friends
And when one steps out into the dark
Good friends around make it a lark
And when ones burdon make them fall
The love of friends helps you through all
I walk out now to a new road
Not knowing how or where it goes
And though I leave my heart behind
I have it still, through friendship kind
The road winds onward towards its end
Made brighter now by these dear friends

I cannot thank you all enough and I will carry your thoughts with me like a shield in this last stop on a long and very dark road. This place, and all of you, have been the light that helped me through. I love you all :TORC: :love:
"Where ever you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Bonzi

erinhue
Warrior/Bard of Belfalas Illuvatar's Bright Spirit

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:57 am

:hug:

there isn't an emoticon big enough for that hug.

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck
I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

Postby Parador~J » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:59 am

***Hue's friends gather around him...wishing him well and giving him hugs...then gently each places their arm through one anothers arm creating a link with Hue in the middle...with a brave smile, he begins to walk out of the Meadow...with all his friends by his side...

You could feel the spirit of his love waving goodbye...and then whispering into his ear ***"until we meet again...you are in good hands"***

As they walk...the light grew brighter...and sweet was the taste of life...Hue then knew...it was going to be ok...

:)
Last edited by Parador~J on Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Parador~J
Spirit of Endurance

Postby SilverScribe » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:36 am

IrisBrandybuck wrote:there isn't an emoticon big enough for that hug.

How about a sculpture?

Just imagine it with more figures in the circle . . .

:D:D:D
SilverScribe
Scribe, Wanderer, Warrior . . . Bard of Rhudaur and Herald of Manwe

Postby Parador~J » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:02 pm

That's beautiful, Scribbles :) :) :)

Perfect...

And your poem, Hue...so well said...it's just as beautiful as the statue of friendship's portrays :) :) :)
Mithril Knights Warriors Guild
~Mithril Knight of Lore
~Mithril Knight / Knight Marshall

~Bearer of the Sun Ring of ~Anar~ - The Spirit of Endurance ^~^'Fëavoronwie'^~^
A Writer's Quest
Where Writer's Learn
The Writer Magazine
Parador~J
Spirit of Endurance

Postby Cock-Robin » Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:48 pm

That is a wonderful poem, Hue! Worthy of a Master Bard.
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Tempest » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:15 pm

NOOOOO, I missed it!! :( But I was with you in spirit, dear Erinhue!
Tempest
Ranger of the North

Postby Parador~J » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:11 pm

Oh Tempest!! :hug:

I added your name to our hand-in-hand ceremony... :)

We've sure missed you!
Mithril Knights Warriors Guild
~Mithril Knight of Lore
~Mithril Knight / Knight Marshall

~Bearer of the Sun Ring of ~Anar~ - The Spirit of Endurance ^~^'Fëavoronwie'^~^
A Writer's Quest
Where Writer's Learn
The Writer Magazine
Parador~J
Spirit of Endurance

Previous

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)