The how to create a good character thread and more...

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

Postby Quimrill_Renctar » Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:06 am

Yeah, I've done that a bit with a powerfull character of my own, Wandering. I have and extremely powerfull vampire character who has the most arrogant and belittling and just repulsive personality that you could want in a character. He is so over confident, I love to have him fall flat on his face and watch him scramble quickly to his feet and dust himself off while looking around for anybody who might have seen he slip.

I also have a very powerfull human mage in one of my other rps, but he doesn't know what any of his spells do because he learned them all from semi-old books that got it all half rong and misslabeled, and he's also afraid of the dark, and falls to peices around women. :D

Corintur: not bad, thats a fairly original origin and story for a character, I give you top points for that. His personality isn't bad either.

There aren't any flaws that I would bother mentioning, only a suggestion or two. One is I would explain why he can't ride a horse a bit. Some people don't like to put stuff in their bios so they can explain it later in an rp, but I think its better to be as detailed as you can be right off that bat, so people can have a full understanding of your player. But that doesn't mean that their character knows everything your bio says, they have to learn it IC just like normal people/
The other thing I would mention; if you can, its pretty good, but you might want to extend your history just a scotch and clean up some of the spelling and grammer errors.
Maybe tell about his commander a bit, what kind of man he was to authorize the raping of the women and children. Was it the whole nation of the Harad? or just the group that was so rotten? Why was he scarred in training? (beating, whippings, accidents, hard training, etc...). Just little details help to spice things up. :wink: :D
Quimrill_Renctar
Ranger of the North

Location: A little patch of paradise I like to call... the backside of nowhere

Postby Quimrill_Renctar » Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:08 am

out of sheer curiosity...

What do you folks feel about autoing? That is the playing of another person character, either in speech or actions.
Quimrill_Renctar
Ranger of the North

Postby luthienelflover » Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:20 pm

Quim,

I think you HAVE to do some "autoing" as you call it -- otherwise you'd never be able to write a conversation. Also, the whole RP would get really uncomfortable. I think that it should be allowed but not too far -- I had a character blinded in an RP once and nobody asked me first! It was all right in the end and I didn't really mind but I should have been asked first. ;)

Luthy
luthienelflover
Herald of Manwe

Postby Lady_Galadriel786 » Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:54 pm

Luthy is right, you always have to do SOME "autoing" - it is rather difficult to develop a RP properly otherwise! But yeah, while it's acceptable for another to describe certain actions for your character, some people take it too far. Case in point... one of my characters got almost wrested out of my control and shaped into what the other person had in mind, almost completely changing what I had made the character to be. This was partly my mistake, because I was gone from the RP for a few weeks and entrusted my character to them. That was several months back, and I'm still trying hard to bring back my character to what she was before.
Lady_Galadriel786
Ranger of the North

Postby Lady_Galadriel786 » Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:54 pm

DP :oops:
Last edited by Lady_Galadriel786 on Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lady_Galadriel786
Ranger of the North

Postby Lady_Galadriel786 » Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:55 pm

TP :bang:
Lady_Galadriel786
Ranger of the North

Postby Shirayuki-hime » Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:45 pm

A few characters under my other identity have been written by other players, and they've always done a good job, save with one of the more recent characters. She(I will not name names), did not exactly keep in with his personality, but I personally feel that such incidences form part of the challenge of RPing, since it tests how quickly we'll be able to respond to what someone else did with our characters.

Yet if they go overboard, example, killing off your character, or in luthienelflover's case, blinding her/him, then they should be politely reminded that he/she is YOUR character after all, and not an NPC for them to move/injure/kill as they wish.

But that's just my 2 cents worth. :P
Last edited by Shirayuki-hime on Sun Aug 29, 2004 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shirayuki-hime
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Lady_Galadriel786 » Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:51 pm

I agree with that... my characters are mine, and a lot of thought went into creating and nutruting them.. so it's really annoying when someone (whom you have in good faith asked to take care of your character until you return) completely changes your character's personality.

How do you tell that person that you're not happy without offending them, though?
Lady_Galadriel786
Ranger of the North

Postby luthienelflover » Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:43 pm

I'd say it's a delicate situation, LadyG. Personally, I'd probably send them a long and rambling email telling them how I felt and digressing onto about a dozen other topics and then get irritated and blow up when they didn't fall over themselves apologizing. But then, I ramble a lot and I'm too hotheaded for my own good. :D

As for character's personalities being changed by someone entrusted with them, well, in my first RP, one of the characters suddenly started acting completely different, stopped coming into the OOC even after being asked in the IC several times, and started having many more spelling and grammatical issues than before. Needless to say we were all very annoyed -- until we found out that she had entrusted the character to her sister, who had never RPed before, and hadn't told us so we wouldn't have to worry about it. :roll: Very good intentions, by both of them, but it simply didn't work.

See? I digress ;)

On a slightly different subject, though, I've never really entrusted my character to someone while I was away. Partially this is because I have only gone away from TORC for a significant period of time (meaning two weeks or more) twice or three times since I joined. Partially it's because I don't entrust my character to anyone specific -- I just ask them to let her/him tag along and not do anything major to him/her. That way, they pretty much ignore him/her (getting tired of that -- from now on it shall be "him" or "he". ;)), just making sure to mention him often enough that nobody thinks he completely fell off the face of the planet. And since everyone in the RP is caring for him, if someone were to do something wild with him, everyone else would tell them not to... or at least I hope that SOMEONE would have figured out my character well enough to know that he wouldn't do something like that. ;)

Luthy
luthienelflover
Herald of Manwe

Postby Lady_Galadriel786 » Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:37 am

Luthy, thanks for those points. They do make a lot of sense. I think I will try it. Or maybe, I'll just get someone else to point out the fact... :D

I wouldn't normally entrust my character to anyone else, unless I really trusted that person and knew that they understood my character. Unfortunately, at that time I was still relatively new to RPing and in the middle of exams, so I had to find someone in the RP to just keep my character for while. Because she was one of the central figures in the RP, I couldn't just let the others tag her along for the amount of time I was gone (it was a couple months). So I hoped for the best and entrusted her to someone in the RP. For the most art, she was wel looked after, but some things... oh, well. It's over and done with. I'm just trying to repair the damage as best I can.
Lady_Galadriel786
Ranger of the North

Postby luthienelflover » Fri Aug 27, 2004 7:48 am

I can see how that would be a difficult situation! I'm not entirely sure WHAT I'd do. If Sil were in that RP, I'd most likely give the character to her -- she and I have had long discussions in the middle of the night about the natures of our characters and many ofther things so many times that I'm sure she understands them all right ;) But in my other RPs... I'd feel really bad about making someone play a character of mine for that long. The people who'd volunteer to do it are probably not the people I'd want doing it! ;) I guess you never know, though :P I'd give you my character, LadyG, but then I'd feel bad about making you play her or him for so long! It's tough, I suppose... hmmm...
luthienelflover
Herald of Manwe

Postby Lady_Galadriel786 » Fri Aug 27, 2004 12:44 pm

Thanks for your faith in me Luthy! :D If it ever came to that, you know I'd take good care of your character!

And as said, I was relatively new to RPing at that time, so I didn't know what else to do. But, I have matured (I like to think :D) when it comes to that, and will never be entrusting a character of mine so completely to anyone unless I know they absolutely, totally understand him/her, and that there was no other way.
Lady_Galadriel786
Ranger of the North

Postby GwenElf » Sun Aug 29, 2004 12:27 pm

Hey, I remember the blinding incident! Not how it came about, or was resolved...but I do recall it happening.

Thanks for trusting me, Luthy. :) Yay for deep literary discussions!

I've never had to entrust a character to anyone for a long period of time, thank goodness. Considering how boring and dull Isilmë is, however, it wouldn't be hard to play her. :roll: Yeah, another one of those boring, dull, monotonous characters that needs some serious re-working. I have yet to find something interesting for her that will not, as Luthy said, invalidate all of the previous and current RP's she was/is in. Basically, she is like me--boring and quiet. The only thing I like about her is that she is a Druid.

And now that I have digressed, I shall leave you people in peace. For now. =:)

~Sil
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby Ilyda » Thu Sep 02, 2004 7:23 pm

Characters...let me see. I do have a really boring elf. She's kinda old and quite powerful (though she doesn't know it), but still VERY childlike. She's actually rather hard to play. The only option she has is to grow, at least a little, and I don't know how she'll do that yet, cause she's brand new for me.

My other character, my main one, is a Ranger. She's absolutely the opposite of the elf, and so much more fun to play! :P The ranger doesn't want the magic she has, so there's a lot of conflict growing out of that. But I like to keep the illusion that underneath all the years of hardship, she's still as naive as the elf. Maybe that's just the idealist in me! :)
Ilyda
Ranger of the North

Postby corintur » Sun Sep 05, 2004 2:37 pm

Is wandering still here? if you are I would like to hear something about the charachter I put up here...

I'm looking for a long time to start a new RP the thing is I don't think i'm a good enough writer is there someone (or a group of people) that would like to open a new RP?
corintur
Shield Bearer

Postby Alandriel » Sun Sep 05, 2004 11:51 pm

Corintur: I've seen Wandering on the boards still occasionally, but it seems he does not visit that often anymore - but it could also still be the remnants of summer holidays :wink:

If you're looking to join an RP, have a peek at this OCC. You could also post your interest at the Ye Olde Pony Express or have a look at the RP adopters The Players of Bree .
Plenty of options I think :) Good luck!
Alandriel
Ranger of the North

Postby Wandering but not lost » Wed Dec 08, 2004 9:36 pm

Yeah, I am still around... I just only drop by occasionally. I mostly sit around Philosophy now. I have since resolved that I cant roleplay anymore. I do not have the consistent time to commit to the forums. I find that I might stay in a thread for a month or two but then I get piled with work and fall too far behind to ever catch up. Its sort of a sad realization for me, and a soft spot, that I doubt I shall ever roleplay again. However, I still drop by and enjoy reading bits of threads now and again. I am glad that the forum is evolving so. I remember there was a point when the Pony was in serious danger of being closed. I am glad to see that it is much more solid in its base now. The quality has greatly improved. It is fun to look back at the old threads, where posts were not nearly as developed, but still see the rich detail. I think that its interesting to think that a thread like Freedom would now probably be below par when really it was the thread that set the standards for the forum. In effect, I still think most of the same rules apply, its just daunting to see how much the forum has improved.
Wandering but not lost
Mariner

Postby balrogthane » Thu Dec 09, 2004 11:33 pm

Yes, it is daunting, especially when you're an RP n00b like me. Thanks for all the info, Wandering and everyone else; I just got finished reading through (most of) this thread, and feel that my character (with whom I was formerly almost pleased) is disturbingly flat and frighteningly plagiarized. :oops:

Mebbe I can just chalk it up to inexperience and get away with it. :P

-(----
balrogthane
Ringbearer

Postby corintur » Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:27 am

###Bump###

This is a great thread!!!
corintur
Shield Bearer

Postby Wandering but not lost » Thu Jun 02, 2005 5:03 pm

Thanks for the bump. I miss my Role Playing days :( I've retired though from the Pony forum. I just can't find the time for it. However, I'm still around in the Philosophy forum usually...
Wandering but not lost
Mariner

Postby Mellaurelom » Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:04 pm

Okay, I am not an RPnoob, but haven't done much other than the Bard's Guild postings for a while. This is a GREAT thread, so I'm giving it the *bump* it deserves.

One thing I do want to mention in here is about the stereotypical-female-elf-Arwen-look-alikes. Yes, there a wayyyyyy too many out there, but I think you also have tolook at it from their point of view. Here we are, in a place where you can be anything you want. If a young lady (or older lady :) ) comes in here, they want a character who is NOT LIKE THEM, at least in their own minds. Therefore, they pick someone who is beautiful, because most women have a lesser view of themselves than others, and they want to be percieved as beautiful because they most likely don't feel like it. They want to be magical, which they are, just by being here and taking the step to post here, but that tends to come out as them being great spellcasters. They don't want to have to be sheltered, therefore they become great fighters that can kill fifty orcs with one blow and come out of it with nary a broken fingernail.

Now, while this doesn't excuse them, it does show a bit of where they are coming from. I'll admit that originally, miss Mell here was a full-blodded elf, with familial ties to Elrond. How stereotypical can we get. However, after having been here for a while and watching all you FABULOUS rpers play, she has been sonewhat re-written. She's half elven, can shoot a bow pretty well, probably won't spit herself on her own sword, but you can't leave out the possibility, sings well, heals VERY well, and rides a giant owl (I figured if they have giant eagles, why not owls too). Her magic is of a gentler kind, mostly healing and water based. A lot of her powers come from a harp she carries (no not like Agarak) and that's where she gets the water bent. No the owl can't talk, and no she didn't kill fifty orcs to get him either. A more complete bio is on the Bards guild page if you're interested.

What this boils down to is this, if a person comes here really wanting to RP, they can sit on the sidelines for while, and the can revamp their character if they need to. Which I did. All people change, and if you start a new thread with basically the same character, it's a new thread, they can change. Thank goodness I did. Now I've got a past, and a couple of goals, find Mom, avenge the old lover, that kind of thing.

It's also nice to have a bio that isn't detailed down to what you ate for breakfast every morning growing up. You can get into threads that make you want to change too. If you find you have a good rapport with someone else, or you need a way to invite some action or conflict into a thread, a new twist in the ole history works well. provided you keep everything alse working with it...

My more than two cents!

Mell
Mellaurelom
Ranger of the North

Postby Wandering but not lost » Sat Jun 18, 2005 3:43 am

Thats completely understandable that most people start out as the sort of typical character models. I mean, many people think of Lord of the Rings and have dreams of being a wizard, XenArwen (because Arwen in the novels wasnt really the Xena character she was in the movies), legolas, etc. Whats important, as you state, is that people start to basically move away from that and develop characters. I mean, Role Playing gets boring if everyone is the same thing...

I had fun trying to make very atypical characters. One of my favorite characters I made was actually a set of characters for a vampire hunting thread where one character was a famous vampire hunter who actually knew nothing of hunting vampires (he had people he'd pay to kill the vampires and he'd take all the credit). What was important about the character was to consider how he could get away with that type of ruse. Obviously, he had extremely strong skills of manipulation and a lot of charisma. Thus, he was actually a very fun character to play in a group because he was a very "full of life" character. I mean, if he's going to lie to get money, he needs to enjoy money and bodily pleasures etc. He was actually extremely useful too-- though he had no battle skills. I dont remember much about the character sadly... so I can't say much more on him. I do remember that I made like 2-3 of his employees (the real hunters). One of which was a monk of Elbereth I think. His background, though the thread didnt last to develop this, was that he used to be a vampire and had been cured by Elbereth (thus he worshipped her). Its somewhat of a typical idea really-- the vampire hunter who is an ex-vampire. However, it was very fun playing a monk character who was extremely penitent. The reason, by the way, he worked for the other character was because he did not want any of the glory associated with hunting vampires. To him it was atonement, not something worthy of praise.

What I kinda wanted to show was I guess how I wanted to make the monk, and the fraud, logically work together. THe problem I had was that the fraud needed a skilled hunter to work for him who wouldnt want credit. Thus, the monk would make logical sense and in truth would need the fraud as much as the fraud needs the monk (because the monk wouldnt want to risk getting attention and praise just like the fraud wouldnt want to risk getting himself hurt). I also wanted to show that for every flaw, I needed to consider how the skills of the character worked reasonibly with that flaw.

The fraud, for example, cannot hunt but as a requirement needs to be able to convince others he can-- thus he needs charisma.

Similarly, consider if you wanted a character who was handicapped with a severe limp in their leg. This would be a physical flaw. It cannot, however, exist in a void. The character's entire personality is a web so to speak. You pull at one location and all the other strings move as well. Thus, if the character had grown up with the handicap, they might have not been able to play in as many social games with other kids during their youth. As a result, its possible they might have more trouble interacting with others. They could still have a cheerful disposition and such, but would be more awkward in social situations merely because they are used to being excluded by others. Thats just one option you can run with, but I think its a nice example...

Thats a lot of pointless rambling from me... hopefully it had some modicum of thought somewhere...
Wandering but not lost
Mariner

Postby Frelga » Sun Jun 19, 2005 12:12 am

This is a great thread and I've been following it and reading back.

Similarly, consider if you wanted a character who was handicapped with a severe limp in their leg. This would be a physical flaw. It cannot, however, exist in a void. character's entire personality is a web so to speak. You pull at one location and all the other strings move as well.

Funny you should mention it, because I actually play a character with a pretty severe limp (Givi, in Soldier's Tale). Originally I crippled him because he was a supporting character in a solo story, and I needed a reason why he couldn't follow his best friend, the main character, into danger.

And you are right, I had to project that one feature onto his entire personality. There were so many questions to answer. How severe the limp? How fast can he move? How much pain does it cause? He was a young man when he had a riding accident, so how did that affect him and his friend?

He has a proud, fiery temper, but he cools quickly. He had to learn to accept help from his friends, but it still grates on him. No wonder he almost killed the man who called him a cripple.

To make things more complicated, he is also a singer and a storyteller, an important position in his culture (and I won't even start on creating an entire culture that makes sense). So it's a compensation in a way, but it is also a source of frustration, because he feels that his talent is not valued as highly as a warrior's skill. His being a singer also implies a charismatic personality; people are drawn to him so he is not isolated socially by his handicap.

And on, and on, and on. I say a single thing about a character and I have defined a hundred things about him. If I say two things, why, that means I now have a 1000 things to define.
Frelga
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby Mellaurelom » Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:19 pm

Okay, this is my new character write up, finally found it, does this sound too XenArwin or do I have a good starting point?

Name: Mellaurelom (meaning ‘gift of golden love’)
Race: Half Elven
Height: 5’6”
Weight: 130lbs
Hair: Black, knee length (normally braided, doesn’t tangle as much when she’s flying)
Eyes: Emerald green
Marital Status: Single <sigh>
Outfit: Normally grey pants, grey boots, white shirt, black bodice with green embroidery, sometimes a short cloak in grey.
Weaponry: Short sword, long dagger, longbow.
Mode of transportation: Feet, or preferably, Whisper, her giant owl.
Skills: Fairly incompetent swordswomen (probably won’t kill herself), decent archer, bard of some skill, can cast magic, but it drains her as she uses her own energy to power the spells.
Personality: Cheerful, can be shy when she’s unsure about things, but tends to let herself go fairly easily. Definitely a romantic at heart
Bio: Born in a hidden valley of the human Lossaelin, a wanderer and bard, and of Elhallir, elven smith, maker of elven armor. Her mother and father were never married, but they spent time together for many years, until her mother died, and Mell grew up surrounded by love. Her father was never one to stay put, he had a wandering foot to rival the best. When Mell was still a child (by elven standards) they left to wander Middle Earth. Mell learned the tales and songs of many peoples, and also learned from her father that home is where you lay your head. They spent many years in Rivendell with Elrond, off and on, of course. Lossaelin had taught her daughter some minor magics, and Elrond also taught her the healing magics, though not all he knew. When Mell was about 150 years old, her father finally felt that Mell was old enough to live on her own, and left her in Rivendell with a letter. ‘Dearest child, my love for you will never pass away, but our time together has come to an end. I must be alone again. I thank you for our many years together, may you prosper in your chosen life. Always know that I love you, no matter where life takes me. You will never see me again, for I am called to the sea. I am not passing over the sea, just travelling to far away lands. Your uncles in Rivendell will take care of you when you are in need. Remember that magic of your heart and always keep looking. You will find what you are seeking one day. Until then my child, I love you.’

Mell spent many years wandering Middle Earth, always returning to Rivendell when she needed to rest. Many years later, she was scouting in the mountains when she came upon a group of orcs sitting around a campfire roasting some sort of large bird. They were boasting about something, but since her orcish had never been that strong, she could only catch snippets of their conversation (such as it was). She understood enough to realize that the y had just killed a pair of very large birds and captured their young to torture. Knowing she could not dispatch of the entire group at once she used magic to hide herself and waited for the dawn. When the orcs had retired for the day, she snuck into their camp, keeping a spell of distraction up and found the large bag containing the chicks. She looked inside and to her dismay, only one of the four chicks was still living. She took him up in her arms and ran from the camp. He was sickly, and starving, as the orcs had kept them without food. So she returned to Rivendell and nursed him back to health. With the help of the elves and their magic, he grew healthy and quickly. And very big! By the time he was full grown, he was a full eight feet tall at the shoulder. He grew knowing Mell as his mother, and allowed her to ride him, with a specially made saddle and harness, not that it was really needed, for he was careful of her. When her wandering foot took hold again, she left in the company of a giant owl.

She always loved to sing, and with the many years allowed to the golden afternoon of elven maturity, she was able to hone her skills singing wherever she went. She also learned to play just about any instrument from her mother, but did not have a favorite for many years. The first time she traveled to the Mirkwood, she was astounded by the beauty and artistry she found there. She spent many years there, learning many epics of the elven people. While there, she fell in love with a young elven man, Kellemvor by name. He gifted her with two things, his heart, and a small lap harp. The harp is a small lap harp carved to resemble a wave crashing upon the shore. The water is of deep blue opal inlay, with crests of mother-of-pearl. Small pearls of rose, green, black, and white serve as tuning pegs. The harp shimmers with elven magic, but as of yet, Mell has not discovered the details.

Several years after meeting Kllemvor and living in Mirkwood, Mell was again beset by tragedy, when an orc raiding party stumbled across them. Kellemvor help the orcs at bay while Mell went for help. Unfortunately, by the time she returned, Kellemvor was gone, leaving only blood on the grass. After helping the other elves track down and finish off the raiding party, but not finding any trace of Kellemvor, Mell left. She and whisper now fly the skies, adventurers, and wandering bards. If she has a tendency to compose more melancholy songs, perhaps she has reason.

And yes, I welcome input from anybody.....
Mellaurelom
Ranger of the North

Postby Quimrill_Renctar » Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:39 am

Well..... *inhale*

I like the character alot! She isn't too powerfull as I'm sure you may have read above, we were going on about the fact that people had a tendancy to make their elven characters a little to might. You've done a good job with her warrior skills especially and with specifying the type of magic she favors. Being not very good with a sword is a good balance for the healing magic she uses. After all if you were especially good with a sword (A weapon of distruction) the natural assumption is that the character is more a fighter, a bringer of death if you will, rather than a healer. So that was good. Putting a boundry on her magic, and saying it was fairly limited was also very nice. You can't call down hail of fire I take it. Also you don't have too much, that being something along the lines of tuns of special magical armor and several bladed weapons. You kept it simple and that's nice. No incredibly outstanding skills beside your major which are those associated directly with being a bard.
Ermm... Giant bird. It is my nature (as I have read way too much fantasy for my own good) to find characters with animals hanging about their heels to be cliche, but I really can't fine anything wrong with it really. Its a huge owl, there isn't any record of those, but really, why not? Sounds good to me.
The only thing I'd really recomend is that you brush up the history part a bit. Better organize it I guess. This gets into mechanics more than actual character criteque I guess, but just a few things I noticed. You might want to explain a bit more how you became so close to Elrond that he personally taught you his healing arts. Might want to condense the parts about her mother a bit... Its just that throughoutt he history you say that she dies pretty early on, then harken back to her alot. Might want to list some of the things she taught before she died while your char was still at home, I think it will make it read a bit smoother.

Personally besides just a few little nit-picky little things that could be debated on till the end of time, I really like it! good job! ^_^

~Quim
Quimrill_Renctar
Ranger of the North

Postby Quimrill_Renctar » Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:41 am

Lets hear it for double posting! Woot! :bang: *stupid stupid stupid*
Quimrill_Renctar
Ranger of the North

Postby Dellóm » Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:44 pm

gladrieltook wrote:What i really like about working on 'the trilogy'(Troll's nose, Lebennin conspiracy, quest of revenge) is that we all helped build each other's characters. Khorazir, Canamarth, Dellom, Lady of Rohan, and I all added to the character of Dellom, although he was origanally created by the poster Dellom. Dellom, Khorazir, and Canamarth gave him character, I gave him a past (and an end), and LoR gave him new life.

Hmm. Someone gave me a past, killed me, and then someone else gave me a new life. I must look into this. *plates shifting across his face in an agitated manner*
Heh. Seriously. I know this was done long ago and I've not been back to this website in forever and a day but it takes a while to pull yourself together after someone slays you.
Ok, I said seriously and then wasn't. Well, I am evil....
Still, from what I can remember, I couldn't think of a better group of gamers to take the character and run with it. I hope you guys had fun.
Dellóm
Shield Bearer

Postby RavenTinuviel » Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:22 pm

Wandering, your and several others great tips posted in this thread was a solid tutoring for me as I developed my main character for role play. I thank you all!
RavenTinuviel
Ranger of the North

Previous

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)