The Hunt for the Bride - A Word Aside

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

Postby Hobbituk » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:14 pm

PatriotBlade wrote:Hobbie, the dragons might be a transportation boon, but as I try to keep fresh in my posts, they're young and Heather has no intention of letting them fight any more, until she can get them home. My former best friend Cerridwen wrote them in, and was consulting on my continued writing of them for a while, but now I'm stuck with them. I understand your concern, and will try to minimize their impact, until I have a good opportunity to write them out.

Thats cool! I know what you mean, it can be difficult when someone leaves you with a story strand and you have to deal with it. Sounds like you're on top of it though!
Hobbituk
Ringbearer

Postby Leonir » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:32 pm

PB, I'm working on a post for Marius to bring him to you. Unfortunately, I have forgotten the password for that account and no longer have the email address (can't recall which one it was) I signed up with, so I'll have to post it under Leonir's account.

Hobbi--did you happen to save our chat from earlier today? I just discovered that my phone only holds on to the last 15 IMs or so, which meant I lost a lot of our discussion. If you can send that information on to me (or if you remember it all), I would greatly appreciate it!

Great job everyone!
Leonir
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Hobbituk » Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:58 am

Sorry, I don't have the chat log :( I'm sure I can remember bits though, although it was a LONG conversation :)
Hobbituk
Ringbearer

Postby Turelie_Lurea » Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:41 am

Hobbi--no worries about the chat...just thought I'd check :-). Great post! However, there's something I should have clarified...there's no moat. That's why I used quotes around it...morg was being sarcastic about the water surrounding the island. Also, the area they are in is still a ways away from the water...all dense forest. Per the past descriptions, the dark wood is the only potential escape/entrance to the island--I think the rest may be steep cliffs or similar...may need to glance through the descriptions again. Sorry about the confusion!
Turelie_Lurea
Ranger of the North

Postby Hobbituk » Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:14 am

Gah! Well, just call me Mr Thicky McThick of Thicksville.

You know I *thought* there was no moat, but I was just confused about Morg finding a rowing boat.

Let me rework it a little.

EDIT - Okay, I've fixed it I think, but I might just drop you a line to clarify what you intended with the boat.
Hobbituk
Ringbearer

Postby PatriotBlade » Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:35 pm

Okeday, me and the dragons will sit tight. Need a description of me or the dragons for him? The dragons are described in Cerridwen's posts about them, when she first wrote them in. and I can e-mail you a good description of Heather if you need.
PatriotBlade
Ranger of the North

Postby Turelie_Lurea » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:48 pm

PB, a refresher on Heather's appearance would certainly help...for the dragons, I'll find Cerridwen's post descriptions.

Hobbi, nah, you're not thick, I just wasn't obvious enough ;-) I'm chalking it up to rusty writing skills and being stuck in an office with other met's--that means no English practice for several years. Post looks great!

Not feeling inspired tonight, but have another two nights that hubby is out of town, so another two chances for the muse to start her work.
Turelie_Lurea
Ranger of the North

Postby Hobbituk » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:28 am

No rush, what's a few days after 8 years :D

I added an extra post just to clear things up and move my 'pieces' into a better position.
Hobbituk
Ringbearer

Postby Leonir » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:52 pm

LOL, true, Hobbi. 2 days, 2 years...not much difference ;-) Great post...especially like where you're going with Morg and Kuti.

Time for a brief post for Marius...really rusty writing him, so may not be consistent with his past dialogue.
Leonir
Citizen of Imladris

Postby erinhue » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:39 pm

Love to see this moving again. Got no idea how I'd get back in or if I would even have time but I do love seeing this up and running.
"Where ever you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Bonzi

erinhue
Warrior/Bard of Belfalas Illuvatar's Bright Spirit

Postby Hobbituk » Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:10 am

Hue, we would love to have you back in this. In fact, we're at the perfect point for you to rejoin us if you're up for it :)
Hobbituk
Ringbearer

Postby PatriotBlade » Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:16 am

Working on an e-mail to Lurea, as we speak. Meant to have this to you a couple days ago, but things got busy for me, so here we go!
PatriotBlade
Ranger of the North

Postby erinhue » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:55 am

Well if you think so, Hobbie m'lad, I will go read up and see if I can get the Bard's butt in gear. :wink:

erinhue

Postby erinhue » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:59 am

Wow You guys have been busy here lately. That's what I get for being off the boartds for so long. I dunno if I can get up to speed. I don't even recall where I was last anyway. I did and do love this tale so I'm gonna give it my best shot.

erinhue

Postby Hobbituk » Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:14 pm

Brilliant :D Hue is with Tinu somewhere on the mainland I believe and heading in our direction. Meanwhile, Morg, Hobbi and Lurea are going to be heading in your direction too so I think we'd be able to have the 'big reunion' fairly soon! But I'm sure Lurea can confirm ;)

EDIT: Oh and btw, as I was saying on the last page its partly your fault this has got moving again ( ;) )... I really enjoyed writing with you again at this year's WCAs.
Hobbituk
Ringbearer

Postby prmiller » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:20 am

Hello, all.

We had hoped to leave at the end of June, and then July, but buyers have been hard to find. We had one "nibble", but various problems occurred and the buyer lost interest.
We are back at the waiting game. When we shall leave is still up in the air, but while we are waiting, purging, packing, and planning, I will try to post as I am able to keep this story alive. It looks like Parm has made enemies...oh, dear.

My son is not able to post as Arahn, so I have permission to write him as a "troubled, but wanting to change." Even so, there are some delicious sidetracks we can send him on, no?

As for Parm, he is aging more, but discovering more about his heritage and skills. Willum, much older, and a bit more mature, still accompanies him, mainly to help this older man to get from place to place in one piece.

Silvertongue, the crow, has died. Parm may be given a new friend from the Council of Imladris, but needs to get to Arahn at Edoras, and send word back to Imladris that the lad is found.

Journeys along roads give lots of opportunities for adventures.

Blessings on you all,
Parm :)
The autumn I know and love in Calgary.

prmiller
I am Parm: Servant of Eru, Bard of Imladris

Postby PatriotBlade » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:57 pm

Lurea, I finally got that e-mail off to you, with my character's description. The internet kept going out on me the past few days. If you need anymore info, let me know.
PatriotBlade
Ranger of the North

Postby Turelie_Lurea » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:28 am

I don't check the boards for two days and both Hue and Parm return :shock: So glad to see you both! Will reply more later...am at work, replying via phone, and must be brief.

Pb, got your email...that should help marius's post. I kept getting stuck w/o description :-) thanks!
Turelie_Lurea
Ranger of the North

Postby Turelie_Lurea » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:23 pm

Hobbituk wrote:Brilliant :D Hue is with Tinu somewhere on the mainland I believe and heading in our direction. Meanwhile, Morg, Hobbi and Lurea are going to be heading in your direction too so I think we'd be able to have the 'big reunion' fairly soon! But I'm sure Lurea can confirm ;)

Hue, Looks like it's Tinu's turn to post...I was hoping you would return, so we could move that storyline along...I didn't want to move it too far ahead and make you read through too much. Last we heard from your character, he was lying on the ground, having water poured over his chest after his fight with the Berserker. Like Hobbi mentioned, Hue, Tinu, and their horses are still on the mainland, headed west toward the island that is Leonir's stronghold. Morg, Hobbi, and "Lurea" (actually a sorceress named Lucinthe, who has Lurea's memories and appearance. I'm slowly bringing out her history, through Lurea's nightmares back in her prison room.) are probably a day or so away, moving from west to east, in search of you. Does that help? If not, I'd be happy to set up a chat or emailing session with you to toss around some ideas :-) Once again...so very happy to see you here again! :hug:

Parm, Glad to see you, but sorry to hear about the moving troubles. :hug: Hope you and your family see an end to the chaos soon!

RP enemies are good :wink: You know your character is important when the bad guys take notice.

I look forward to seeing where you take Arahn and the others...wherever they go, I know it will be brilliantly written :-) Nosy American (yes, that's me) is curious to find out why your son is unable to post...busy? Fighting for computer time with dad? Tired of writing?

Still searching for my muse...she owes at least two posts now: Tinu and Marius. Hopefully will kick her out from under her rock no later than the weekend...if work gets quieter at the end of the week, I might be able to sneak a post in :twisted:
Turelie_Lurea
Ranger of the North

Postby erinhue » Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:52 am

Thank ya muchly, Turelie, darlin'. I have not seen Tinu post here in a very long time. I think I will go back, finish up whatever it was I was doing back then. If we got horses we could be on our way there and then I could write us arriving to join ya and then play it by ear from there.

Whatever has been going on, The Bard would not know about it anyway so what ever I didn't get, won't really matter. Should Tinu be lurking about (COME OUT,COME OUT WHERE EVER YOU ARE) she can just as easily write herself back in. I used to know most of your characters and styles well enough to write for you. I'll see if I still got it where Tinu is concerned.

erinhue

Postby erinhue » Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:57 am

:shock: Oooo I just read the thread. Really THANK YA MUCHLY DARLIN'. That is a hole I could drive a tank through and a hook that gave me lots of baby ideas to nurse and nurture.

I just love the smell of RP in the mornin' :lol:

(EDIT :wink: Right ya are, Hobbie m'lad, reminded me of the old days at the Lucky Fortune 8) )

erinhue

Postby Turelie_Lurea » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:53 pm

Bravo, Hobbi! Love the swashbuckling moves of Morg the Merciless :D Poor Hobbi...what he will suffer when he realizes that this is not really Lurea...we really do enjoy tormenting our characters, do we not? :wink:

Hue--Sounds like the muse found you :wink: Hoped you'd see some of the SB's Challenge crumbs I've been tossing out. I'm sure you could still write Tinu...the main theme for her is now sadness with hope--she knows she is needed for this mission, though she has her old doubts haunting her, but the Light is burning more brightly in this ancient elf than has been seen by her friends. Since it sounds like you have a good idea where to start again, I'll wait for your first post and we can be off on that thread again :D SO EXCITED!

PB--Don't worry, I haven't forgotten about Lady Heather :) Kicked hubby out of the house for a few minutes, so I can post here (I need silence or a little music to focus on my writing...loud explosions on the tv don't help the shy little muse!)

:happydance: :clap: We're gonna finish this story! *brings out squad of cheerleaders*
Turelie_Lurea
Ranger of the North

Postby erinhue » Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:19 pm

:wink: Working......working...... :twisted:

erinhue

Postby Hobbituk » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:09 am

:D I half feel I should apologise, but I admit it: Pirate Orcs just amuse me!
Hobbituk
Ringbearer

Postby Turelie_Lurea » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:55 am

Hue :twisted: :D

Hobbi--Definitely no apology necessary...I love the idea of Pirate Orcs :wink:
Turelie_Lurea
Ranger of the North

Postby PatriotBlade » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:51 am

I have been internet-less for the past couple of days, and I am babysitting today, but will try to get a post up while the munchkin is taking her nap.
PatriotBlade
Ranger of the North

Postby PatriotBlade » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:04 am

Alright, If you read the post I managed to finally get up yesterday, you might want to go back, I've edited this morning. Gotta go for now!
PatriotBlade
Ranger of the North

Postby Turelie_Lurea » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:47 pm

Parm, you are such a tease--you mention that your reunion is worthy of a song and then don't share it?! :wink: perhaps I should just be patient and wait for the next touching post in your series... :-)

Pb, everything looks good in your revised post--didnt see original. And yes, Marius is cocky, but he's also a lovable, if foolish with love, guy. I'm thinking out a response for Marius... I'm having trouble hearing his voice after all these years.
Turelie_Lurea
Ranger of the North

Postby PatriotBlade » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:40 pm

My post isn't very long, still trying to get a feel for how your character will react to things. :D
PatriotBlade
Ranger of the North

Postby Turelie_Lurea » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:57 pm

I appreciate that, PB :) Since it's been a while since we RPed much together, I'm trying not to move your character too much either...and please let me know if I write something in that Heather would not do--I would be happy to amend my post. Marius is generally a womanizing cad, but he's a trained Mithril Knight (really need to get back to that thread too and continue with that story...he's still a boy there), and he really does have a heart of gold reserved for the right woman. Who knows, maybe Lady Heather will bring that out in him? :wink:
Turelie_Lurea
Ranger of the North

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)