The Hunt for the Bride - A Word Aside

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

Postby erinhue » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:59 am

Why don't ya just use the message thingy in you shiney new PM? :twisted: The color red looks good on ya. 8)
"Where ever you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Bonzi

erinhue
Warrior/Bard of Belfalas Illuvatar's Bright Spirit

Postby TinuvielUndomiel » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:24 am

:shock: Hue, words cannot express my gratitude :hug: :hug: will return later...gotta return to work. Wow....am in shock...you seriously made my week!
TinuvielUndomiel
Ranger of the North

Postby erinhue » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:02 pm

:wink: We aims ta please :rose:

erinhue

Postby prmiller » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:13 pm

Tinu... Would it be all right to <start> a "mind" dialogue with Leonir?
I will simply make contact...and let you go from there.

I had thought that linking my part of the story with your character in that way
might help there be more connectedness to Parm's adventure. It is, however,
just a thought...
prmiller
I am Parm: Servant of Eru, Bard of Imladris

Postby Turelie_Lurea » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:17 pm

I got so excited about the PM that I got the Tinu account accidentally locked/inactivated :roll: That's what happens when you have 20 usernames and cannot recall which email account went with each...and don't keep up all of the email accounts (old Tinu email account went inactive years ago on hotmail). I have emailed just about every Mod I know, as well as Jon, so I'm crossing my fingers that Tinu will return.

*sigh* Just one of those days...

Parm, of course you can have a mind dialogue with Leonir...just keep in mind that you may have to deal with the "Other" inside Leonir ;-) I love where you're going with this...keep the surprises coming, as that is what makes this RP so much fun. I've found that it's sometimes best not to plan too much, to leave some surprise for the others (to an extent of course ;-) )...even a turn that no one expects (or sometimes wants) can force everyone to think and work harder. I love those challenges! :D
Turelie_Lurea
Ranger of the North

Postby erinhue » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:31 pm

:cry2:

erinhue

Postby Turelie_Lurea » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:38 pm

It's okay Hue...I finally got in trouble for being an MPD ;-) Only took about 7 years... :twisted:
Turelie_Lurea
Ranger of the North

Postby TinuvielUndomiel » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:09 am

I'm back, thanks to Hobbi's board magic ;-)

Will work on the promised post tonight...maybe even two, if the muse behaves

Hue, will message you tonight re: plans ;-) *bounces around the thread giddily, in a manner unbecoming to an elf*
TinuvielUndomiel
Ranger of the North

Postby prmiller » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:26 am

I've made some amendments to the story based on past information.
It now flows better, and events of the past link better to the present adventure.

I am glad I can add what I can to add to the intensity of the drama unfolding.
Nothing like plots within in plots!
Variations on a theme: winter here in Calgary...and elsewhere?

prmiller
I am Parm: Servant of Eru, Bard of Imladris

Postby TinuvielUndomiel » Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:32 pm

I love plots within plots :-D

Parm, you did a great job with Leonir's responses :)

Hobbi, next post is coming... :twisted:
TinuvielUndomiel
Ranger of the North

Postby erinhue » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:52 am

Parm, buddy, I'm lovin' it. :wink:

erinhue

Postby PatriotBlade » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:04 am

Tinu/Leonir, did you get my e-mails? Have you tried to reply to me? I seem to be having trouble with my e-mail account lately. That said, feel free to try one of my other accounts: pirate.patriot@g-mail.com or patriot_blade@yahoo.com
PatriotBlade
Ranger of the North

Postby TinuvielUndomiel » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:16 pm

PB,

I received at least one email from you. Sorry for not replying yet...I've been swamped with work for the past couple months. I was "promoted" at work--in other words, I was given another job on top of the one I normally do (we're losing staff rapidly due to poor leadership at the top--everyone is leaving as soon as they find another job)...but no extra pay...which means that I'm putting in double the hours for a salary job :-P I'm hoping to get back into RP a bit here and there, but I still need to re-read your email and think more about where we can go with your storyline.
TinuvielUndomiel
Ranger of the North

Postby erinhue » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:57 pm

I was just thining about this one. I am really stuck with my Theoden poem for the festival, maybe I should have the muse play around with this one to try and get the old girl back on the job :wink: Good ta see ya, Tinu, darlin' 8)

erinhue

Postby PatriotBlade » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:03 pm

Yes, this or the SV Inn... :wink:
PatriotBlade
Ranger of the North

Postby PatriotBlade » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:40 pm

I've been bitten by the writing bug again. I have a post in the works, but I need to meet up with one of the groups to deliver my findings.

So who's it to be? Hue and Tinu, or back with Parm and Willum?
PatriotBlade
Ranger of the North

Finally back...

Postby Turelie_Lurea » Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:30 pm

Sorry it took so long to return...RL got to be too much for me and I went inward. I'm finally out of the job from hell and slowly recovering, both physically and mentally. I never forgot TORC, or any of you here...in fact, the happy memories from TORC helped me in my darkest days.

My new job is demanding as well, so my posts may not be every day like they were in college, but I am determined not to disappear for a year at a time again!

Are you guys still on-board for finishing this story?
Turelie_Lurea
Ranger of the North

Postby Turelie_Lurea » Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:50 pm

I have put up 2 posts and am working on another 2: one for Leonir and his anger about losing Arahn, and one to help bring PB back in (PB, I'm afraid that I have lost your emails from long ago, they got wiped from that hotmail account due to lack of use for months, so I can't remember what we had worked out together).
Turelie_Lurea
Ranger of the North

Postby PatriotBlade » Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:55 pm

I don't think we got very far, but I'll see what I can find in my hotmail archive. My addy is still the same, ( patriot_blade@hotmail.com ) just put that it's from your screen name, in case I don't recognize your e-addy and we can work on things some more.
PatriotBlade
Ranger of the North

Postby Hobbituk » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:48 am

Its good to see you Lurea :)
Hobbituk
Ringbearer

Postby Turelie_Lurea » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:08 pm

PB, I sent you an email with an address I still use.

Hobbi, good to see you too :-) Do you have any time for RP these days? How are things across the pond?
Turelie_Lurea
Ranger of the North

Postby Hobbituk » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:18 am

I'm okay :) how are you?

Definitely will cook up a post (today if possible).
Hobbituk
Ringbearer

Postby Turelie_Lurea » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:45 pm

Yay!

Was a little worried that your next post was going to be: "Sorry, but I just can't write on this story anymore..." or, "Sorry, you're just too much of a spaz to try to RP with..." Either way, I would totally understand. I wish I could prove to everyone how often I have thought about TORC...and especially this story...writing with all of you. RL got too tough to take and so I shut out most of the world (probably not the best idea, but it's the main way I deal with the worst things...less serious/painful bad times can be shared with others, especially through poetry, like I used to do on TORC a lot)...my confidence was nearly destroyed by my job and all of the "bad luck" I had over the past few years. Without my husband's never-ending support, I'm not sure that I would be around today...that's how serious things became. I am still healing, and am getting help, so I am determined to finish what I have started and to be a better friend again to all of you.

Looking forward to your RP post, Hobbi!

PB, I sent a reply to you with some ideas...please let me know if anything will work :-) If not, I'd be happy to do some brainstorming with you.
Turelie_Lurea
Ranger of the North

Postby PatriotBlade » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:39 pm

Working on a reply e-mail as we speak, though I should be filling out job apps.... :P
PatriotBlade
Ranger of the North

Postby Hobbituk » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:48 am

Turelie_Lurea wrote:Yay!

Was a little worried that your next post was going to be: "Sorry, but I just can't write on this story anymore..." or, "Sorry, you're just too much of a spaz to try to RP with..." Either way, I would totally understand. I wish I could prove to everyone how often I have thought about TORC...and especially this story...writing with all of you. RL got too tough to take and so I shut out most of the world (probably not the best idea, but it's the main way I deal with the worst things...less serious/painful bad times can be shared with others, especially through poetry, like I used to do on TORC a lot)...my confidence was nearly destroyed by my job and all of the "bad luck" I had over the past few years. Without my husband's never-ending support, I'm not sure that I would be around today...that's how serious things became. I am still healing, and am getting help, so I am determined to finish what I have started and to be a better friend again to all of you.

Looking forward to your RP post, Hobbi!

PB, I sent a reply to you with some ideas...please let me know if anything will work :-) If not, I'd be happy to do some brainstorming with you.

As if I would ever give up the chance to write with you again! I actually caught a bit of the old RP bug at the last White Council Awards. Erinhue had started posting and I couldn't resist joining in.

I'm sorry to hear about all the problems you've been having. It sounds like you've had a really rough ride over the past couple of years and I'm only glad things are improving for you now. Anyway, you know we're all here for you if you need us.

I didn't manage to write a post yet (I think I'll need to go back and read more to refresh my memory) but a brainstorming session is always welcome!

:)
Hobbituk
Ringbearer

Postby Turelie_Lurea » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:54 pm

Hobbi--You truly are a friend :hug: Thank you for your unending support...few have stuck by me as you have. Sometimes my depression convinces me that I have no friends, that everyone wants me gone from TORC (trouble-making peredhil!), and that I might as well stop writing, because I'm awful at it. Hearing otherwise occasionally from friends (only if it's true--I prefer honesty from my friends, no matter how painful...I'd rather know that someone doesn't like me and then stay out of their way, so I don't further irritate them) does help, but when it comes to RP, I just have to remind myself that I'm writing for me--not for anyone else's approval. I write because I love to write...and because I want to get better. Why write here and not just in my own novel again? Because collaborative storytelling is so exciting...you never know what will happen next...and because of the links we have all developed together. If you want a brainstorming session online, please let me know what day/time and what kind of messenger service (AIM, Yahoo, etc.) If it's during my work day, I might be able to get away with some chatting, unless the schedule is super busy and several people are in my office.

Speaking of writing...I'm working on a post for Leonir. I'm going to contact Anorast and see if he wants to join in for the end...the last I remember seeing of him, he was under the spell of being at the LFI...Morg and Hobbi left him there.
Turelie_Lurea
Ranger of the North

Postby Hobbituk » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:54 am

Don't mention it :) and it was all meant. I like to think I'm rude and untactful enough to say so otherwise!

Cooked up a post anyway!
Hobbituk
Ringbearer

Postby Hobbituk » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:42 am

Just wanted to add,

PatriotBlade, I've really been enjoying much of what you've been writing :) . The only thing I'm not so sure about is the dragons. I'm not sure it fits in with the era of Middle Earth our story is set in. It's cool to have them as background colour, but I just wanted to check with you that they're not going to overpower the story by flying the good guys around or attacking the bad guys for us. What do you think?
Hobbituk
Ringbearer

Postby PatriotBlade » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:11 pm

Hobbie, the dragons might be a transportation boon, but as I try to keep fresh in my posts, they're young and Heather has no intention of letting them fight any more, until she can get them home. My former best friend Cerridwen wrote them in, and was consulting on my continued writing of them for a while, but now I'm stuck with them. I understand your concern, and will try to minimize their impact, until I have a good opportunity to write them out.
PatriotBlade
Ranger of the North

Postby PatriotBlade » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:11 pm

OOPS! Accedental DB!!!

Okeday. It's not a very big post (in the story thread), more of a place marker. Will work on getting some more up soon.
PatriotBlade
Ranger of the North

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)