The Hunt for the Bride - A Word Aside

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

Postby Hobbituk » Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:51 pm

Thats great Lurea, loved the Leonir post and how it tied up with Morg's lucky escape.

Perhaps a short Kuti post to keep me going :) He's always fun to write
Hobbituk
Ringbearer

Postby Turelie_Lurea » Thu Aug 18, 2005 2:39 pm

Thanks, Hobbi :) Plus, with Leonir's "eye" out of commission, some serious sneakiness is possible for all groups ;)

Oooh, can't wait to see what you cook up.

Feel free to join in anytime, guys... if we can really get this thread going, perhaps we can be done by winter holidays :)
Turelie_Lurea
Ranger of the North

Postby Cerridwen » Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:29 pm

Sorry about being incommunicado and all... school has begun, and I'm already behind. :( Argh.

I have something almost-ready, but I need to know what to do with the five of them when they fly onto the scene. I take it they'll be attacking the gathered ground forces that are facing the City. They'll know the weilder of the Sword by sense and instinct... pretty much anything lined up facing her will get marked as 'target', and summarily roasted.

Important detail: Are the hordes-in-the-sky there yet?

Input, if you don't mind. I'm used to setting up scenes and running these myself. :P It's a nice change, one I could get used to. ;)

Love,
Cerri
Cerridwen
Rider of the Mark

Postby PatriotBlade » Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:10 pm

Okeday... There is an army camped in Pelanor Fields, having taken Osgiliath(barely). There is a group of Rangers supplimaenting an army of Allies, waiting to retake the city and attack from behind as well as in front, but the forces in the White City have been unable to mount a reasonable attack. I am unsure what comprises the enemy forces, but they are there at the design of Leonir and are part of plan to waylay those who are trying to rescue Turelie Lurea.
The flying horde may want to check in with the sword bearer, for as I had it set up, she's sort of facing the city. She's facing the general direction of the ravine which is behind the city and slightly to her right(as I understand the map...). She's never seen young dragons, only full grown element dragons, so fuzzy dragons is going to throw her a bit and the appearance of them, especially if they appear to be at her command should be enough to send at least some of the enemy running for the hills.
Once she realised that they were young dragons, she would be very likely to take what precautions that she could to ensure their safty, if (and we both know they will) they insist on fighting. She would be quick to release them from the commitment too. She's lost too many of her own children before they were ever born to risk the lives of someone else's children, even in a war, dragon or not.
From what I understood of your post they are on the ME side of the gate(in the ravine) so time line... The wind has just stopped in the Fields. By the time they appear, the enemy will have gotten over some of their fear and will have started to taunt her again, maybe even start to attack her, as she is the only one outside of the city walls and her back is to them.

Does this help you, Dear? If you need more information, or we need to work on something because my gography was wrong, then let me know.

Ture, Was Leonir aware of excatly what Heather was calling(dragons), or just that the White City was rallying around someone? And what exactly would his army consist of-Orcs, Trolls, humans...? Just curious.
PatriotBlade
Ranger of the North

Postby TinuvielUndomiel » Sat Sep 10, 2005 10:08 am

Cerri and PB: sorry to take so long in responding... classes and teaching have made for a hectic semester so far ;)

Leonir was aware that dragons are arriving at the White City. However, now that his palantir is broken, he doesn't know what is happening and his minions are on their own.

The creatures flying in currently are dark, shapeless evil beings. I figured that they would change according to the worst nightmares of those in Minas Tirith, so they can appear differently to each person. Feel free to expound on that. No classic orcs, trolls, etc... those are all still on his island. (however, I'm sure that if someone is afraid of those creatures, the dark shapeless beings could morph into those forms).

Does that help any?

Thanks Leslie! :)

Hobbi, fantastic post! I love the part about evil being shades of grey ;)
TinuvielUndomiel
Ranger of the North

Postby Cerridwen » Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:19 am

Hey there!

Tinu you definitely don't need to apologize to me, lol! I completely understand having classes, a nascent business, three jobs, and a life. I have to limit my TORC fun to a very select few 'projects', of which this is one. I have exactly two others, and I had to commit to no more than three weekends a month of reading, posting and writing.
I decided to let the evil beings happen whenever they wanted to.
Anyhoo... carry on, all as are able to. For the moment I'm schoolbound, and the weekend looks to be a busy one. :P
Love,
Cerri
Cerridwen
Rider of the Mark

Postby Hobbituk » Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:04 pm

Sorry for my absence guys. Want to get back into this ASAP :)

Oh, also...remember to go and vote for this thread in the WCAs!
Hobbituk
Ringbearer

Postby Cerridwen » Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:51 pm

scratches head...

Okay, I'm going to check my email, and hope you gave me a clue.
Happy Monday. :D

Cerri
Cerridwen
Rider of the Mark

Postby Guruthostirn » Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:57 am

*twiddle*

I've got that itch again...Lurea, Hobbi?
Guruthostirn
Mariner

Postby Hobbituk » Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:33 am

We WILL finish this thread :P
Hobbituk
Ringbearer

Postby PatriotBlade » Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:45 pm

I'm here, still! Let's get it on!
PatriotBlade
Ranger of the North

Postby Guruthostirn » Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:09 am

Roger that!

We need to finish an RP!
Guruthostirn
Mariner

Postby Turelie_Lurea » Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:23 pm

Of all the confounded times to choose to continue... :P

I'm finishing my Masters thesis. Just defended and completed the oral exam, received a conditional pass. I have to finish all new research (committee demanded A LOT before I can have the final signatures), write about the new research, and make all requested changes in the thesis--all in less than two weeks. Oh, did I mention that I'm moving across the country in about 2 weeks? And my wedding (planning has been mostly postponed due to thesis and prep for defense) is in December.

Boy, do I need this RP to come to life again... *sigh*

Well, I guess I'm back...with plenty of angst to give to Tinu and Lurea. Just like old times! ;)

However, I'm not checking any other threads while I'm here ;) (Let's see how long this lasts...)

When do we need to vote for WCA's? (No, no, must stop participating!! Stop, Lurea, stop!)
Turelie_Lurea
Ranger of the North

Postby Leslie-ElfWarrior » Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:31 am

Sorry for the non-contact. I had a dry spot in my writing as I drew complete and utter blank, but leaving an RP is just not my style I'm still here! Even if not as Declynn, i'll write as Leslie whom was following Hobbituk. Is it alright if I still follow? Or maybe stop to question a certain Kuti?

I just don't want to leave and I feel bad when I do that.
Leslie-ElfWarrior
Ranger of the North

Postby Hobbituk » Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:56 am

Leslie, it's completely up to you... I've left it open for you to follow Hobbi. I don't envision Kuti doing much more in this RP, but if you want to speak to our increasingly deranged Gondorian then feel free :)

Lurea... Nice to see you :) I had a blast of inspiration last night and just HAD to post... I'm sorry it couldn't have been at a better time for you! Don't feel you have to post though, I've held things up for a year... I'm sure we can wait a little longer :D
Hobbituk
Ringbearer

Postby TinuvielUndomiel » Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:20 pm

Posted...don't worry, I'm still writing for Leonir, Lurea, and possibly Maelan (if I can remember the password for that account :P)
TinuvielUndomiel
Ranger of the North

Postby Hobbituk » Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:52 am

:cry2:

That last post was like the end of an era, it seemed so final. Very good though!

:)

I think I might need to catch you on IM sometime so we can talk about how we wrap this up...
Hobbituk
Ringbearer

Postby TinuvielUndomiel » Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:12 pm

Thanks, Hobbi....I still think Tinu deserves a better finale, but brain is too tired to give her something splendid. I'm shortchanging poor Tinu for Lurea again...always how it goes ;)

I'm usually on IM all day, except perhaps this Saturday. I may take 1 day off from work finally and stay away from the comp all day :) Looking forward to discussing some ideas with you!

Where is everyone else?
TinuvielUndomiel
Ranger of the North

Postby Guruthostirn » Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:19 pm

I'm here!

I've been keeping an eye on things...I'm still not sure when I'll post, or what I'll do. Now that Tinu is gone Anorast is mainly muscle...but he's still along for the ride.
Guruthostirn
Mariner

Postby TinuvielUndomiel » Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:12 pm

Yay!

*hugs* for Guru! So glad you're still keeping up. Perhaps I'll send Maelan to "haunt" you next...if nothing else, give you someone to chat with for a bit. What do you think?
TinuvielUndomiel
Ranger of the North

Postby PatriotBlade » Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:23 pm

I'm here and will try to get a post up within a few days. My friend, Cerri, who was writing the dragons is really busy, so I doubt she'll be able to post much. I'll try to tie up my end too.
Hobbie, I know all the groups set out to save Lurea, but I didn't catch if you wanted us all to meet up and help rescue her. Let me know if I should tie things off or or just loop them up and move on.
PatriotBlade
Ranger of the North

Postby Guruthostirn » Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:49 am

That might be interesting. I'd be fine with that.
Guruthostirn
Mariner

Postby Hobbituk » Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:42 am

PatriotBlade, things are about to kick off again at the castle (I imagine) so if you want to get your group there then I'm sure there'll be plenty of scope to get involved in the finale.

The biggest pity is that Erinhue won't be there. I always pictured it ending with him there :(
Hobbituk
Ringbearer

Postby Turelie_Lurea » Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:36 pm

I totally agree, Hobbi... I always imagined Hue here at the end too :(

Off to read your post...

EDIT: Sounds great! Oooooh, can't wait to get this battle going! I'll try a Leonir post and a Maelan post...but maybe won't post until Friday or so. Wedding planning is taking up most of my time these days...less than 2 months now!
Turelie_Lurea
Ranger of the North

Postby PatriotBlade » Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:55 pm

I'd be glad to Hobbie, but I'm getting ready for a move on Sat. Cerri's helping me move in with her. I probably won't be able to post much till after I get settled, so don't wait for me. If I can get there in time, I'll join you for the finale.
PatriotBlade
Ranger of the North

Postby erinhue » Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:40 pm

This thread is still running? I am surprised but more than a little happy about that for some reason. Hail and Hiya to everyone still with it. Hoplessly lost, too long gone, got not way in, or I might just join ya again. I miss this.
"Where ever you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Bonzi

erinhue
Warrior/Bard of Belfalas Illuvatar's Bright Spirit

Postby PatriotBlade » Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:26 am

*SQUEE* My poor cat thinks I'm insane because I'm all but dancing in my seat, I'm SO glad that Hue's back!
By the way, I'm working on a way to catch up with the rescue party. The move went well, my dad didn't completely disown me and my athsma is all but GONE!!! Amasing what a new life can do for you. :D
PatriotBlade
Ranger of the North

Postby Guruthostirn » Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:39 pm

'Hue, it's good to see you in here. I'm well aware there's no visible way for the character to return, but knowing you're here with us, reading it to the end, that's a good feeling.

Now, I better see what I can do...
Guruthostirn
Mariner

Postby Hobbituk » Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:02 am

Hue! :)

I have a great idea for a way to bring you back in if you're serious :D Let me know and I'll send you a short synopsis of what's happened (so you don't have to spend ages catching up!) and how I think you could turn up :)
Hobbituk
Ringbearer

Postby erinhue » Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:30 am

I knew I liked you for a reason Hobbie m'boy. :lol: If you could do that for me I would be eternally grateful. I'd like in on the end if we could manage it. Im here in spirit anyway. I sure did miss the Pony. :wink:
"Where ever you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Bonzi

erinhue
Warrior/Bard of Belfalas Illuvatar's Bright Spirit

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)