The Hunt for the Bride - A Word Aside

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

Postby Teltasarewen » Sat Dec 11, 2004 5:36 am

Lurea it was so good to see you back on the board :D and yet so sad to hear that you will be leaving us. :cry:

Here's hoping that something will come up to change your mind so that you may remain among us my friend. :grouphug:
Teltasarewen
Ranger of the North

Postby Turelie_Lurea » Sat Dec 11, 2004 8:49 pm

Hobbituk wrote:End of your time on TORC?:(

Is there ANY WAY I can change your mind on this? I've really missed you being around lately, and I'd miss you all the more were you gone permanently

:(

Teltasarewen wrote:Lurea it was so good to see you back on the board Big Grin and yet so sad to hear that you will be leaving us. Sad

Here's hoping that something will come up to change your mind so that you may remain among us my friend.

You guys are terrific, you really are. But the boards no longer draw me like they used to... I've been so happy away from the boards and then I get stressed when I return here... I love you guys so much and will continue to chat with you off the boards, no matter what. Plus, I hope to make it to some gatherings when money reappears ;) So, I'm not ever going to desert you... at least not as your friend.

Right now, this is a test period. If with the rebirth of the thread I find that I'm having fun again, I may yet remain. But so far, the only things keeping me tethered to TORC are my friends.
Turelie_Lurea
Ranger of the North

Postby Hobbituk » Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:16 pm

So, I'm not ever going to desert you... at least not as your friend.

I'm holding you to that.

Now then, I wonder if it would be possible for you to drop me a mail about the layout of Leonir's island/lair. I have a post brewing regarding Hobbi being brought before him but I don't have enough info without making it all up and I don't want to step on your toes if you've something in mind :)
Hobbituk
Ringbearer

Postby Turelie_Lurea » Tue Dec 14, 2004 8:49 pm

Hobbituk wrote:
So, I'm not ever going to desert you... at least not as your friend.

I'm holding you to that.

Now then, I wonder if it would be possible for you to drop me a mail about the layout of Leonir's island/lair. I have a post brewing regarding Hobbi being brought before him but I don't have enough info without making it all up and I don't want to step on your toes if you've something in mind :)

Good, hold me to that ;)

Here's a bit from what I wrote on the previous page of the RP itself... it's as much as I know about it... from that, you're free to extrapolate ;)

Leonir was busy watching over his other minions and pacing about his stronghold above the lush vegetation of the tiny island northwest of Tolfalas; an unmapped island that had risen only a decade before.

No birds sang here, nor did any sweet-tempered mammals scamper giddily around the ocean-deteriorated castle. While the island had been above the surface of the Bay of Belfalas a mere ten years in this age, it had breached the surface once before--in the First Age. A now-forgotten culture had ruled the tiny island, one that met with a tragic fate--not one of them had survived. There was speculation among the dark figures who visited Leonir and pledged their allegiance to him: that the savages had become cannibals, leaving only one: a disfigured, twisted elf who knew the dark secrets of MiddleEarth and beyond--the one who ate the last of his people. Then, the island, knowing the wrong that had been done, sank in sorrow, taking the wretched elf-creature with it, resurfacing at the time of his rebirth and full awakening of the Darkness. Of course, this was speculation only and Leonir laughed at the absurdity, though he thought that the flesh of his kind might perhaps be sweet if he were ever to try it.

The woods behind the castle allowed a peek of sunlight in only a few chosen groves, growing at an unnatural speed with contorted branches that wove themselves together before one's eyes. These same trees bore no cheerful greenery, only the weeping Spanish moss and an obsidian blanket of what appeared to be large leaves. The front of the stronghold afforded an incredible view of the Mouth of Anduin, though the stronghold itself was cloaked from the sight of those, even elves, who stood at the furthest shoreline of the Mouth. Though it was crumbling, and wind-proof minerals that were once strongly ensconced in the black columns now were eaten away by creatures and salt of the Bay, the stronghold was impenetrable by even the strongest of armies, mainly due to the sheer cliffs that graced much of the island, save for the coast that met with Belegaer. There, the trees ruled and none dared to trespass, for stepping into the darkness promised that one would never see light again.

Thundering down at the orcs that fought below the crumbling rocky turrets, the creature who could change his form at will used the evil that resided in his soul to divert the powers of the Princess held below.

Does that help? :)
Turelie_Lurea
Ranger of the North

Postby Orodben » Wed Dec 15, 2004 6:09 pm

This is Eltirwen (alternate ID). I've been talking about getting involved here with Lurea for a while, and she gave me a perfect opportunity. I'm very honored to be writing with such wonderful writers.

Orodben is a Ranger, who lives on his own and doesn't like to talk about his past. He is skilled with the bow and daggers, and also happens to be an incorrigible flirt. He is tall and dark-complexioned, with piercing blue eyes, and is rather thin. He has secrets I prefer not to reveal here :angel:
Orodben
Petitioner to the Council

Postby Leonir » Wed Dec 29, 2004 12:19 pm

Hobbi,

Sorry, a bit short, but wanted to give you a chance to say what you wanted to say. I'll write more later :) Brilliant post, my dear :D

Ali--where are you? It's your turn for the Inn posts! :D

Eltirwen--Good job :)

I love you guys! --Lurea
Leonir
Citizen of Imladris

Postby erinhue » Sun Jan 16, 2005 11:20 pm

Lurea darlin I know just how ya feel. It takes more effort to get here now and sometimes I wonder if it is really worth it. Too many friends have gone into the West and a lot has happened here that I never thought would happen.

Once burned, twice shy I guess. I've had my downs and downs with TORC of late and was taking as much of a break as a totally addicted person can. I'm gonna be up front with ya all, I am L-O-S-T. Not only do I not know where I am here, I really can't think of where ta go with it either.

I put on my thinking cap but all I came up with was a wopper of a Deux ex Machina :roll: or perhaps dragonharp ex machina would be more accurate that would have us at the sea, on the island or off but a big jump all the same.

I'd love to get back into this for the finish and because you guys are about the most folk I still know around here.

" :( Take me back :( " pleads the prodigal son. "I'll post good stuff, I promise. :twisted: "
erinhue
Warrior/Bard of Belfalas Illuvatar's Bright Spirit

Postby Turelie_Lurea » Sun Jan 16, 2005 11:46 pm

Hue, I love you so much! *hugs* It's friends like you that make the world a better place.

I totally understand about the once burned, twice shy... I'm glad that you've remained, as you represent what is good about TORC... the day you go, I believe is the day that TORC is taken over by THEM. :P

Don't worry about being lost... it's understandable :) Feel free to go with the "dragonharp ex machina" to get you to the sea, for the group at the sea will be needing your help. You could also write that you've been trailing Anorast, Tinu, and Leslie and maybe give a bit of Hue's thoughts during the monthlong trip. But personally, being of the impatient sort, I'd go with the first option, so that you can have something more fun to write about ;) LOL. No matter what you do, it'll be fantastic, I'm sure of it :D

ROFL! I love your last sentence... hey, be as crazy as you like... let it all out... let it be like the old days :D I've decided to RP my heart out, no restrictions (other than hurting other characters without permission, yadda yadda yadda ;) I really did learn a little from your RP classes :D)

Oh! this is so exciting! Hue is back in the game :D
Turelie_Lurea
Ranger of the North

Postby erinhue » Mon Jan 17, 2005 12:01 am

I Luvs you too darlin'. I'll wait on that synop before I do anything, I wanna at least fake an intelligent post 8)

Yo Yo Hobbie, Are ya really dead, homie :( Say it ain't so...Awwww I knew it all along....or did I? :roll:
erinhue

Postby Turelie_Lurea » Mon Jan 17, 2005 12:05 am

:D I'll get right on the synopsis for ya, Bard of Bards ;) Btw, I am now in your timezone... I'm in North Carolina now (for about 2 years or so...depending on how long my master's thesis takes).
Turelie_Lurea
Ranger of the North

Postby Leoba » Mon Jan 17, 2005 5:09 am

It does my heart good to see some of the old RP crew still going strong (Erinhue!!!! :hug: ). Too many have sailed and it makes it tough going to re-work a niche.

However, since Lurea has asked me to weave Culanir back in, I will do some catch up reading (though I may beg for something of a synopsis, if that isn't too rude!) and see whether I can still write him. If indeed I can still write at all - I have been wondering!
Leoba
Mariner

Location: Troubadour of Ithilien, dwelling within sight of Weathertop

Postby Hobbituk » Mon Jan 17, 2005 5:48 am

Thank God for Hue! That's all I can say! Good to see you back mate. Really good.

As Lurea says, in this instance be as "ex machina" as you like...we want you in the thick of things ASAP ;) Plus I'm lining up a nice big battle for you...I'll say more about that later though.

As for if Hobbi is really dead...well who knows? Just me and Lurea for now. Read on to find out for sure!

(I will say that my last "Hobbi" post there was an extra special one to me) :)
Hobbituk
Ringbearer

Postby erinhue » Mon Jan 17, 2005 6:17 am

:lol: Feels like home already. :lol:
erinhue

Postby Turelie_Lurea » Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:15 am

Leoba, I have faith that your muse will return... :D I'll have to tell the DBE to release her ;) So good to see you back!!

Hobbi, dearest, you're such a fab RPer!! :D This is so much fun :D :D :D

Hue, good to hear that you're feeling right at home again :D

As promised, here's the synopsis... if anyone of any party sees something amiss, please let me know and I'll gladly edit :D :

Ok, Hue...

I'm starting the synopsis just before your last post in the Hunt... if you need information from before then, please let me know... I'll be glad to write that up as well :)

Tale of the Warriors of Light (Parm, Nessa, Willum, Lady Heather):

Ok, I don't fully understand this one myself... I think they have some behind-the-scenes plotting going on...but I'll try to explain the best I can.

Parm is following his destiny and is getting closer to finding out who he is (part of the Valar?) as he and the others sail to Minas Tirith. Nessamelda is sea-sick and Lady Heather helps soothe her stomach. The group intends on going to the city of Minas Tirith, even though it will be days through hard lands after they leave the ship, so that they can go through the archives, looking for information to help save Lurea. Arahn, Parm's son, has been reading ancient lore and trying various spells to hurt his father, so that he will come home. This has had adverse effects on Parm throughout parts of the journey.

The Great Council, in Imladris, I believe, convened to decide Arahn's fate. Something dark is controlling some of Arahn's actions, but the Council seems to be convinced so far that Arahn is contrite. He is presented with a piece of a book that he read often, but is unable to read now... the language is one that he doesn't know...and would only know with the help of this mysterious force. It is revealed that Arahn is not Parm's natural son at all... that he is descended, illegitimately, from one of the great kings who was deceived to take up a ring of power from Sauron. He also has the Istari ability to move through time and space.

Alfirin is somewhere in MiddleEarth... presumably going toward Parm's family. Leonir has called upon her as she was Saruman's former servant (and Leonir claims power over all that was Sauron's) to kill Parm's family. She is having serious misgivings, but is afraid of angering him.

Meanwhile, back at the Inn...(Aliana, Marius, Orodben):

Wargs attacked at the Inn, wounding Ali and Marius, who have been bickering. However, after the attack, both find that they do need one another, at least for now, so they try to be civil. Marius breaks the civility, returning to his obnoxious attitude because he realizes that he is falling in love with her. In order to stop this growing feeling, he turns to rudeness, trying to convince himself that he can fight it. Ali is confused by this behavior and snaps back at him, though she acknowledges that there is a blood debt...one that she owes Marius for saving her life. Orodben comes into the picture, having slain the rest of the wargs that he has been tracking.

The Groom's Hunt (which now includes 4 Elves and a Master Bard, since they are on Hobbi's trail):

Tinu, bearing the Hobbit Protector that Hue gave to Hobbi, 'saw' Hobbi being stabbed by Morg and Kuti, but because of the Protector, the blades did not pierce him. When Anorast tried to comfort the bewitched, tormented, and sobbing Tinu, he was thrown back by the power of the stone. He figures out that the jewel saved Hobbi's life. Soon after, Leslie comes across Tinu and Anorast, her curiousity aroused by Tinu's scream. Not trusting the newcomer, they remain quiet, but take care of Hobbi's pony, Matilda, who they find.

I then moved the story up one month, as nothing had been done for a while, bringing them to the mouth of the Anduin. They are currently stuck where they are... not knowing where to go.

A Marriage of Evils (Morg, Kuti, Hobbi, Leonir, Lurea, etc.):

Morg and Kutibboh have come to the island where Leonir's stronghold lies and have stood before him. He laughs at the small hobbit, taunting him, while he lambasts the two minions who could not finish off a hobbit. They explain that something prevented his death and, knowing well what could cause such a phenomenon, Leonir told them a supposed different way to kill the hobbit. However, he decides to ridicule and torture the hobbit first, so he has Hobbi sent to a chamber within his labyrinth. Morg is angry with Leonir, as he does not understand why the hobbit is so important and is furious that so many of his troops have been wiped out in what he considers a ridiculous cause.

Just so you know, Leonir is possessed by the Master from SB's Challenge--Mouth of Sauron. He made a deal with MoS just before I assume MoS was killed by the group (since we didn't finish the thread, SB said it was ok to make assumptions like that) that he would allow MoS to possess his body. Leonir needed MoS's power to take over Diadron and to exact his revenge, so he decided to go ahead with the deal, believing that he could control MoS...however, more often than not, the Voice Within (MoS) controls Leonir. There is a power struggle there that can be exploited.

Morg attacks Leonir, but is knocked back by the Feline of Mordor, Ritarae, an enormous beast with a whiplike tail and burning red eyes. This large cat is as old as the balrog and can only be controlled by one who is unafraid and powerful. Morg's finger on his left hand is eaten by the cat, who likes to take bits of her prey at a time, but he is left relatively unscathed, for she knows that she is not to be his death. Leonir's minions and Morg's troops fight and Ritarae eats orcs, goblics, and trolls indiscriminately.

During the scuffle, Kuti tries to escape, but is caught by Leonir, who drags him into the labyrinthine corridors and throws him into a room that can be opened only with either Leonir's spittle or blood. Lurea is in this room, lying unconscious and pale, though her eyes are unseeingly open. Leonir is holding her prisoner by reminding her that he knows her terrible secret and sending nightmarish thoughts to her. Kuti is given the charge of watching over Lurea, to send out an alarm if she stirs. When Leonir leaves, he looks at Lurea and begins to feel guilt for his part in the kidnapping. He kisses her and she stirs, further increasing his guilt. He leaves the room and finds himself locked out, so he tries to find a way out of the stronghold.

Meanwhile, Leonir wants answers from Hobbi...and a bit of entertainment. He ends up telling Hobbi a bit about himself and we learn Leonir's motivations for Lurea's kidnapping and torture.

He says: I have the power of Sauron at my fingertips! I am the future ruler of Diadron and one day, you will know me as your King. No man or beast shall ever rule MiddleEarth again... the elves, the Dark Elves, shall take over what is ours. My... sister," he spat, "half, to be exact, your WIFE, will be given exactly what she deserves... a place upon the refuse. For she is the Queen of Garbage. She feasted while I struggled in the shadows, thrown from my high position for the face I was born with."

At this, Leonir lunged into the light, the shadows around him melting, revealing a grotesque mask-like face, contorted into a sardonic grimace. He went on, not fearing the hobbit at all, not caring what he gave away.

"For this I was banned from the throne. But she, SHE, and her brother Nenya, were spoiled and beloved, while I was forced to live in obscurity. My own mother never saw my face... she was told that I was stillborn. Now, Lurea, the beloved Turelie of our people, will pay. Her powers will be drained from her until she is no more than a husk, her beauty sapped dry until she is a hideous wench, her mind and sanity stolen, her spirit irrevocably broken. Then, I will sell her to the highest bidder and they can have their way with her. Her life will be pain and ugliness, as mine as been these past Ages. With her powers now, combined with those from a being that I made a pact with, I will be able to take Diadron from Nenya, without a large army. From there, I will defeat all those who oppose me in MiddleEarth!"

Hobbi starts to feel empathy, recalling his own brotherly problems, however, he says that Lurea has done things in the past that he has forgiven and that Leonir should forgive as well. This infuriates Leonir so much that he calls in the most painful sight for Hobbi--the offspring of Lurea and Culanir from that fateful night of passion in SB's Challenge... a child that until now was known only by 3 people: Lurea, and two of her cousins who took the girl, Meldamore, in and raised her as their child. Hobbi cannot deal with this shock, he has a heart attack and dies. Soon afterward, the cold child basically asks Leonir to dispose of the body, for it disturbs her.

Hobbi's body is dumped in the dark woods, where those who go in never come out. Lurea, back in her nightmarish world, 'hears' Melda telling her that someone is dead... suddenly, in her mind's eye, she sees Hobbi dead upon the mud (which he really is), and she rouses herself from the spell, screaming in pain and fury. However, she is knocked back from the door when she tries to open it and hits her head.

Kuti ends up rejoining Morg, for he needs the money. He wants to leave, find a nice farm, and marry, but he needs money for all of this, so he enters a tentative contract with Morg, much to the chagrin of his faithful bird, Nilrem. Currently, Morg and Kuti are running from Leonir's throne hall and into the labyrinth, with Ritarae following hungrily behind.
Turelie_Lurea
Ranger of the North

Postby Hobbituk » Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:21 am

Great summary Lurea, couldn't have put it better myself :)
Hobbituk
Ringbearer

Postby Turelie_Lurea » Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:27 pm

Thanks, Hobbi :D

Edit:

Fala Update:

Fala contacted me, to my surprise and delight, and said that she hopes to be back. She also said that she's very excited that the old gang is getting "stirred up again" :)

She also sends special *hugs* to Erinhue, Leoba, and Hobbi :D

Ok, so now we need to grab Telta, Nessa, (I'm guessing Parm, Arahn, and Lady Heather are still with us?), Ali, Guru, Leslie, (I'm guessing Rho isn't coming back?)...anyone else? We're getting there!! :D
Turelie_Lurea
Ranger of the North

Postby SilverScribe » Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:30 am

rubs hands together in delight

Ah, more reading! :D

Psssst, Hobbi, don't forget the stones and the stealth knife the old Scribe gave ya . . . unless you've lost them!!

;)
SilverScribe
Scribe, Wanderer, Warrior . . . Bard of Rhudaur and Herald of Manwe

Postby Hobbituk » Tue Jan 18, 2005 3:09 pm

Scribbles...yeah good point. Well they're either with Matilda (most likely) or one of the Orcs took them when Hobbi was captured.

Who knows!

:lol:
Hobbituk
Ringbearer

Postby erinhue » Wed Jan 19, 2005 1:15 pm

OK and thank ya much for that update. I'm working on a post right now but Im running a little long so I might keep going and break it up later.

One thing, anybody got any ideas on just where the tornado should set us down at? Oz might be a little out of the way
erinhue

Postby Turelie_Lurea » Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:27 am

Oooh, Scribbles, good point (re: weapons)... perhaps Tinu should search for them, as Matilda is with her group... =:) It's good to have you as a reader... keeps us working hard, so we don't bore such a fantastic RPer ;)

Hue, I'm so excited that you're getting back into this! :) As for the landing site... yeah, Oz is a LONG ways away... feel free to dump them wherever. Surprise us :D Currently, Tinu Anorast and Leslie (with Matilda) are at the mouth of the Anduin, trying to find the hideout (which is on a smaller island than can be shown on the map, but is near the island at the mouth (will have to look it up again... but have class soon, so it'll be later))... Parm Nessa Heather are in Minas Tirith, I believe. So, now that you know where everyone is, hopefully that gives you some ideas :)
Turelie_Lurea
Ranger of the North

Postby Turelie_Lurea » Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:27 am

Oooh, Scribbles, good point (re: weapons)... perhaps Tinu should search for them, as Matilda is with her group... =:) It's good to have you as a reader... keeps us working hard, so we don't bore such a fantastic RPer ;)

Hue, I'm so excited that you're getting back into this! :) As for the landing site... yeah, Oz is a LONG ways away... feel free to dump them wherever. Surprise us :D Currently, Tinu Anorast and Leslie (with Matilda) are at the mouth of the Anduin, trying to find the hideout (which is on a smaller island than can be shown on the map, but is near the island at the mouth (will have to look it up again... but have class soon, so it'll be later))... Parm Nessa Heather are in Minas Tirith, I believe. So, now that you know where everyone is, hopefully that gives you some ideas :)
Turelie_Lurea
Ranger of the North

Postby erinhue » Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:19 am

OK the first part of this is now posted. Once I got started it just kept coming so Im not done yet.

Anorast and Tinuvial I had the harp poke at you a little so you might use that to connect. I'm gonna put us down on the Island, not sure where so Im gonna scan the thread to see if athere's a description of it anywhere.

Is the labyrinth outside the castle halls were the fighting was going on? I think it is so I think we might land right outside of it and try to decide to go in or to go towards the castle. That's where I think I'll wind up at the moment, unless someone's got a better idea or knows why that won't work.
erinhue

Postby Turelie_Lurea » Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:26 pm

Hue, actually, the labyrinth is inside the crumbling castle... sorry for the confusion :) The main hall, where Leonir's throne is, is where the fighting is taking place. As for a description of the island...the main description is repeated on this page of the OOC... just look up. :D It's in italics in one of my posts before the summary.

By the way, Dear Bard, FANtasTIC post! I've missed seeing that wonderful style you have. Your post also reminds me that I need to stop being lazy about RP and up things a bit on the writing... you'll make a better writer of me yet! ;) LOL
Turelie_Lurea
Ranger of the North

Postby Hobbituk » Sun Jan 23, 2005 1:04 pm

Yep! Great post Hue. :)
Hobbituk
Ringbearer

Postby Leslie-ElfWarrior » Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:52 pm

AHHHH!!! The shock of it all I posted!!!! :shock:

LOLOLOL Yeah finally huh, I waswaiting for Guru to post but I wanted to let everyone know i was still here, so I posted.

*Gives Guru light punches in the arm. "Wake up, it's your turn..."

Ahhh well I posted I hope it doesn't cause heart attacks or serious injury...LOL Sorry it took me so long... 8)
Leslie-ElfWarrior
Ranger of the North

Postby erinhue » Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:50 pm

Hail Leslie good ta see ya again. Im gonna get that post of mine finished and then we'll be on the island.
erinhue

Postby Turelie_Lurea » Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:40 pm

Leslie, good post :) Just for clarification, are you writing for when Leslie, Anorast, and Tinu just met up? I've moved the story along (look up approximately 5 or so posts...under Tinu's SN) to the point where the three of them are at Anduin's mouth (a long time after they meet up). If your post takes place just after they meet-up, you may want to bring it up to the current position... the writing about what happened earlier is great, don't delete :D Keep up the good work!

Hue, excited about the next part :D Can't wait to read!
Turelie_Lurea
Ranger of the North

Postby Leslie-ElfWarrior » Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:14 pm

Turelie,
Ahhh sorry about that I thought I had kept close tabs on the latest posts, ahh well I added to my post. Good thing we can edit...LOL Anyway hope you like... :)
Leslie-ElfWarrior
Ranger of the North

Postby erinhue » Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:05 pm

I did Leslie darlin. :wink:

OK I got one more part ta this and that should put us in the right place. Thank ya for the mention Leslie, I can use it in the next post. 8)
erinhue

Postby erinhue » Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:14 am

Sorry I been a little slow getting back here but I kinda been distracted what with little Maddy making her long awaited arrival and all. I will try to finish up this weekend. Still open for suggestions. :)
erinhue

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)