The Hunt for the Bride - A Word Aside

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

Postby Hobbituk » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:39 pm

Love it Lurea :D Lots for me to work from there. Nice to have you back ;)

(The pic was taken at the Doctor Who exhibition in Glasgow a couple of months ago... they had a lot of the props from the series and I couldn't resist having my picture taken in front of this one :) )
Hobbituk
Ringbearer

Postby TinuvielUndomiel » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:37 am

(That's so awesome...very envious of you! Doubt there will be an exhibition--at least of the Dr. Who variety--here in Hicksville :-P You would have been great in that episode!)
TinuvielUndomiel
Ranger of the North

Postby erinhue » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:06 pm

:shock: Is this still around? I just gotta find the time to get back into RP writing. I need to get back on the road with the Mithril Knights and this one was always pretty close to m'heart. Maybe in the coming break after day camp closes and before school begins when I should have a nice lull in the action at work. Maybe before then. I sure hope so, I miss this kind of writing. I dunno how I could get back into this one but when I get some time Im gonna hunt up that thinking cap. Really good to see this back near the top again :wink:
"Where ever you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Bonzi

erinhue
Warrior/Bard of Belfalas Illuvatar's Bright Spirit

Postby TinuvielUndomiel » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:30 pm

Yay, 'Hue! Good to see you back here :-) :hug: Did you see the last Tinu post in the RP (one page back from the last page)? I left it dangling for you, hoping your muse might bite ;-) Also, in looking back through your posts, it appeared that you were trending toward some big-time power for the Bard...perhaps Agarak is trying to conserve the Bard's energy for a big battle--maybe another possibility for why the Bard stayed at the Inn for so long? Just throwing some darts at the wall... ;-)
TinuvielUndomiel
Ranger of the North

Postby erinhue » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:49 am

Thank ya muchly , Tinu darlin'. I have read the post and I can sure work from that. :lol: Thank ya muchly indeed. :wink:
Last edited by erinhue on Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

erinhue

Postby erinhue » Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:47 am

Allllll Righty Now. I'm in and I must say, it's good ta be back :wink:

erinhue

Postby Hobbituk » Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:56 pm

Aw... brilliant :D A Post from Hue in the Hunt! :D

Right, expect one from me soonish... but you two feel free to keep going, I love the angle you've taken with it.
Hobbituk
Ringbearer

Postby TinuvielUndomiel » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:03 pm

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It has begun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fantastic posts, 'Hue :-D Just like old times *attempts to ruffle the bard's hair, but then thinks it might not be a good idea ;-) *

Looking forward to your next one Hobbi...sounds like your muse is awake too :-D

As I was falling asleep last night, the muse smacked me upside the head...got a few ideas to throw in here and there ;-)
TinuvielUndomiel
Ranger of the North

Postby erinhue » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:20 pm

Awww Tinu darlin' Im all cleaned up now :lol: . I was thinking of a way to help you find me but Im having a bit of trouble with the song. I didn't want to use something old but I have not tried to rhyme in a very long time and I'm feeling confounded about how it might sounded. :twisted:

erinhue

Postby TinuvielUndomiel » Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:55 pm

LOL, no, it's not the cleanliness of your hair I was referring to...it was that ruffling the Bard of RP's hair seemed sacrilegious or something...or maybe it would release the Berserker ;-)

I realize it wouldn't have been pleasant for Treble, but if the Bard hadn't bathed, perhaps Tinu could have found him easier? :twisted: ;-) I think a song would be an excellent way of guiding Tinu and her trusty steed...and it doesn't have to rhyme, ya know ;-)

Going to attempt a post tonight...could be Lurea if the muse is up to it. That should give Hue a bit of time to concoct a brilliant song.

Just a reminder (since it's been a while...I've had to look it back up myself), Leonir's lair is on a small island northwest of Tolfalas. Here's the description posted way back when:

As Alfirin waited for the hobbit to recognize her, Leonir was busy watching over his other minions and pacing about his stronghold above the lush vegetation of the tiny island northwest of Tolfalas; an unmapped island that had risen only a decade before.

No birds sang here, nor did any sweet-tempered mammals scamper giddily around the ocean-deteriorated castle. While the island had been above the surface of the Bay of Belfalas a mere ten years in this age, it had breached the surface once before--in the First Age. A now-forgotten culture had ruled the tiny island, one that met with a tragic fate--not one of them had survived. There was speculation among the dark figures who visited Leonir and pledged their allegiance to him: that the savages had become cannibals, leaving only one: a disfigured, twisted elf who knew the dark secrets of MiddleEarth and beyond--the one who ate the last of his people. Then, the island, knowing the wrong that had been done, sank in sorrow, taking the wretched elf-creature with it, resurfacing at the time of his rebirth and full awakening of the Darkness. Of course, this was speculation only and Leonir laughed at the absurdity, though he thought that the flesh of his kind might perhaps be sweet if he were ever to try it.

The woods behind the castle allowed a peek of sunlight in only a few chosen groves, growing at an unnatural speed with contorted branches that wove themselves together before one's eyes. These same trees bore no cheerful greenery, only the weeping Spanish moss and an obsidian blanket of what appeared to be large leaves. The front of the stronghold afforded an incredible view of the Mouth of Anduin, though the stronghold itself was cloaked from the sight of those, even elves, who stood at the furthest shoreline of the Mouth. Though it was crumbling, and wind-proof minerals that were once strongly ensconced in the black columns now were eaten away by creatures and salt of the Bay, the stronghold was impenetrable by even the strongest of armies, mainly due to the sheer cliffs that graced much of the island, save for the coast that met with Belegaer. There, the trees ruled and none dared to trespass, for stepping into the darkness promised that one would never see light again.
TinuvielUndomiel
Ranger of the North

Postby Hobbituk » Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:02 am

I'm back into it :) Got a bit carried away with Morg/Hobbi dialogue (which is frankly a joy to write ;) ) but I think I managed to move them on a little.
Hobbituk
Ringbearer

Postby Turelie_Lurea » Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:52 am

:rofl: I love it Hobbi! Excellent "breadcrumb" method...I was stumped on that one. I'm cracking up over the idea of the little hobbit's panic as he runs from the goblins...I know, should be frightened for him, but he's such a lovely, comical figure. Oh, wait, actually, I'm imagining my ex (yep, a real-life hobbit) in that position ;-) He runs funny :rofl: Probably wouldn't have thought of him in that situation, except that I had to deal with him at work yesterday (yes, we work together, ugh) :-P

Hmm...looking at the above, I'm afraid that you might think I bear my ex ill-will...I actually don't. Couldn't help the image popping up in my head

Keep rambling, Lurea :roll: Maybe I should go back to sleep...
Turelie_Lurea
Ranger of the North

Postby PatriotBlade » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:59 pm

What group should Heather and the dragons meet up with first?
PatriotBlade
Ranger of the North

Postby erinhue » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:31 am

Hmmm sounds interesting. Gotta get ta reading. :wink:

erinhue

Postby Leonir » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:57 pm

PB, it's up to you. Tinu is currently searching for Erinhue (probably will soon find him) near the Anduin, southern area of Lebennin, and I think Parm is still in Imladris. Hobbi and Morg are probably out of your range, since they're underground right now on a small island (see Tinu post above re: description of island). I'm not sure if Anorast/Guru is still following this or not...no posts from him in a long time. Another option is for Leonir to throw some pain your way in your current location. That way, you can continue your character development there if you wish and still have someone to interact with. If you email me at selerosse at hotmail dot com, we can discuss some backstory and figure out where Leonir can sneak in.
Leonir
Citizen of Imladris

Postby PatriotBlade » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:30 pm

Okeday. I will e-mail you. Another thought was if you were to keep throwing things her way, stalling her until she finally made it in time to fly everyone home on the dragons... How ever you fine folks would like to play it.
PatriotBlade
Ranger of the North

Postby prmiller » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:45 am

Well, this is a surprise, and no mistake!
If I can add further intrigue to the tale, please let me know, by e-mail,
so I can help plots twist with skill and not stumbling... if that is needed at all.

Blessings on you all,
Parm :)
prmiller
I am Parm: Servant of Eru, Bard of Imladris

Postby TinuvielUndomiel » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:58 am

Parm! So good to see you back, my friend :-D We can certainly use a hand with finishing this tale and who better than Master Wordsmith himself? There's a sad lack of decent poetry in this thread as of late, so please, jump back in where you like :-)

:hug:
TinuvielUndomiel
Ranger of the North

Postby prmiller » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:01 am

It is good to see you, too, Tinu!

I will set to work right away.

Guide me along as you need.

Blessings to you all!
prmiller
I am Parm: Servant of Eru, Bard of Imladris

Postby Hobbituk » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:49 am

Just to say - great to see you here too Parm & PatriotBlade
Hobbituk
Ringbearer

Postby TinuvielUndomiel » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:33 am

Parm, excellent post, as usual...love it when there are dimensions to the story that I never imagined..that's why I love RP so much!

PB, got your email...am putting on my thinking cap ;-)

Hobbi, will be sending you an email soon...got a couple of things to run past you
TinuvielUndomiel
Ranger of the North

Postby erinhue » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:45 pm

Hmmm seems it is like riding a bicycle. Im real caught up in this now and I got another piece but I can't get it unstuck from the back of my head. Its like i know where this is going but I just don't have the words yet. Anybody feel free to jump in. It won't matter, Im gonna go eat and hope that will dislodge this from my brain and become words that I can post. Im so close I can taste it. Sure hope that goes with the taste of the meal I plan ta eat. :twisted:

erinhue

Postby erinhue » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:56 pm

Good Lawdy, Miss Claudie, I got it. :lol:

erinhue

Postby erinhue » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:32 pm

OK, Tinu darlin'. Can ya find me now? :twisted:

erinhue

Postby TinuvielUndomiel » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:37 pm

:rofl: If Tinu can't find you now, she's one blind elf ;-) Good to have you back, Hue, in all your blazing glory of words.

We're gonna finish this one...inspiration has hit the players and we're off!
TinuvielUndomiel
Ranger of the North

Postby erinhue » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:56 pm

Yeah but so could others. I got to go add one little thing

erinhue

Postby erinhue » Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:02 pm

OK, all fixed.

erinhue

Postby TinuvielUndomiel » Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:31 pm

Good call, Hue. I'm working on my next post...and feeling a bit shaky. First real interaction post in years and I'm shakin' like a noob! :shock:
TinuvielUndomiel
Ranger of the North

Postby erinhue » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:54 pm

Im loving it, in fact so much that I find I cannot sleep until I get the response posted. So here it goes and there it goes and nobody knows just where it goes. :twisted:

I sense that you have some ideas on that so drop me a line via a birthday mathom sent your way. :wink:

erinhue

Postby TinuvielUndomiel » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:55 am

Ahhhhhh!!!! Another post! :-D *runs around excitedly, then looks at the clock* Crud, I have to go to work. Seems a bit pointless, really, because all I'll be thinking of until 5:30 is this RP... :-P

Okay, Hue, I know a mathom is something that a hobbit has no particular use for, but puts away. What's a birthday mathom? Also, if you try to send me an email, I probably won't get it through my old account (was disabled long ago from lack of use...), so please use either lurea_lightning at hotmail dot com, or selerosse at hotmail dot com (I still use either one). I think I lost your email :-P ...was probably in one of my old email accounts that is now lost to time.
TinuvielUndomiel
Ranger of the North

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)