Assault from the East OOC (A Word Aside)

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

Postby Túrin_Son_Of_Aragorn » Thu Aug 28, 2003 2:06 pm

Hello, if you are interested by what I have put forth in the thread please send to this OOC a character profile, who you represent and any additional information that you would like to add.<BR><BR><BR>Name: Túrin son of Aragorn<BR>Race: Man<BR>Weapon(s): Sword Rutha (Anger)<BR>Side: Gondor - Men of the West.
Túrin_Son_Of_Aragorn
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Lord_Gothmog » Thu Aug 28, 2003 2:18 pm

Turin son of Aragorn, greetings. Let not my name deceive you, i care not for it but is the remnants of a previous campaign. Behold i am Beorn son of Boromir, his only son. Since my fathers passing my relentless wars against the orcs of Middle Earth has been without cause but to avenge my fathers death or take his place in the halls of the dead. I ask only to help you in your quest against the Easterlings. If you are in need of a stout man with a good heart look no further, i await your reply.
Lord_Gothmog
Petitioner to the Council

Postby Beorn_Son_Of_Boromir » Thu Aug 28, 2003 2:38 pm

I appear before you now, not as a man disguised but bearing the colours of my house and the kingdom that I serve.<BR><BR><BR>Name: Beorn son of Boromir<BR>Sword: Marleth the bane of the green skins<BR>Race: Man<BR>Allegiance: Gondor
Beorn_Son_Of_Boromir

Postby huan_the_great_hound » Thu Aug 28, 2003 3:05 pm

Turin i am the last descendant Huan and after only small victories over orc patrols i wish to join your campaign against the easterlings. I have kept the loyalty of my bloodline and can seve you well. I am at your command and i wait for your call.
huan_the_great_hound

Postby Túrin_Son_Of_Aragorn » Thu Aug 28, 2003 3:14 pm

Thankyou Beorn for adding those details and thankyou to both of you for coming to my aid at this time of need.<BR><BR>Huan if you would kindly leave the following details I would be most pleased;<BR><BR>Name: <BR>Race: <BR>Weapon(s): <BR>Side:<BR><BR><BR>Beorn, maybe you could approach me on the plains of Pelennor where I am in deep thought and bring what news you have of your wish to join me etc.
Túrin_Son_Of_Aragorn
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Beorn_Son_Of_Boromir » Thu Aug 28, 2003 3:19 pm

Join us descendant of Huan. I have heard tales from my childhood of his valour but I knew not that any in his blood line remained upon this Earth. Welcome friend!
Beorn_Son_Of_Boromir

Postby Arenial » Sat Aug 30, 2003 9:09 am

hey,<BR><BR>I'd like to join. I bring you Aislin (dream) from Gondor.<BR><BR>Name: Aislin daughter of Aragorn. (if that's ok with you Turin)<BR>Race: half elven<BR>Weapons: Sword named Aideen (flame) <BR>Side:Gondor.<BR>Additional Information:<BR>She has long dark brown hair and deep blue eyes. She's around 5'9'' and slender. Very beautiful and is skilled with a sword.<BR><BR>I think we need an additional plot other than the war.<BR><BR>Arenial
Arenial
Ranger of the North

Postby Arenial » Sat Aug 30, 2003 9:40 am

I have one question. After reading the rp (which was very well written btw) has the assult already happend? or is he getting ready for the assult? or is he just standing there?
Arenial
Ranger of the North

Postby Túrin_Son_Of_Aragorn » Sat Aug 30, 2003 11:30 am

I was a bit rushed to finish it so I have probably skimmed over some of the necessary detail. I'll try make it more clear.<BR><BR>I like the idea for your character, it sounds very interesting. Do you have an idea for a sub-plot? I'll definitely try to think of one, we may on the other hand come across one along the way. At the moment the plot is more geared towards the war.<BR><BR>
Túrin_Son_Of_Aragorn
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Arenial » Mon Sep 01, 2003 7:47 pm

hmmm... I had an idea. Turin is standing in Pelennor Fields. Aislin goes out to get him and they see a messenger coming- from the Easterlings- announcing their declaration of war. Now, why exaclty do the Easterlings want to go to war? Because I was thinking that the Easterling king (if there is one, I'm not sure) wants Aislin as a wife for his son, or something like that, and that's why they go to war- because Aragorn won't give his daughter up. Now, she could be captured and while the war is going on, someone has to go save her or something. What do you think?
Arenial
Ranger of the North

Postby Túrin_Son_Of_Aragorn » Tue Sep 02, 2003 1:50 am

I think there should be treachery in Gondor and one who was thought to be loyal taking Aislin captive to the East. Then Túrin could seek to save her.<BR><BR>I've changed the first post and it's open now for all of you.<BR><BR>Btw - The Easterling lords are the blue wizards, we could do with them having a liutenant who desires aislin.
Túrin_Son_Of_Aragorn
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Arenial » Tue Sep 02, 2003 9:45 am

hmmm... treachery in Gondor, I like that idea. I'll try and post as soon as I can.
Arenial
Ranger of the North

Postby Beorn_Son_Of_Boromir » Tue Sep 02, 2003 11:38 am

Arenial, who dost thou think would betray their allegiance to Gondor. They have sworn an oath to protect the king Ellasar. However I do see the need to have a subplot and the beauty of Lady Aislin is indeed known throughout these lands. No doubt the brutal Easterlings would consider her a worthy prize to present to their lords.
Beorn_Son_Of_Boromir

Postby Yaara_Kanava_Quendelie » Tue Sep 02, 2003 12:13 pm

Greetings my seron. I am Yaara of the kingdom of Thranduil, I know but little of my past or of my original kin except that I was raised by Thranduil among the eves of Greenwood. I have heard of the greatness of the King Aragorn from Legolas, also of my realm and my Lord Thranduil has sent me to aid your quest. Should you accept me, I would be of great service.<BR><BR>Name: Yaara Kanava Quendelie<BR>Sword: Quaine Ambarta (The Wailing Doom)<BR>Race: Elven<BR>Allegiance: To the house of Thranduil
Yaara_Kanava_Quendelie

Postby Yaara_Kanava_Quendelie » Tue Sep 02, 2003 12:21 pm

I am willing to bring with me thirty Elven warriors skilled of sword and bow, willing to follow me in my quest and to whatever end. I will pledge mine and their allegiance to the King should he lead us.<BR> These ancient warriors were trained to maintain the glory of our house and realm after the destruction of Sauron and aiding our allies in friendship and in war.
Yaara_Kanava_Quendelie

Postby Arenial » Tue Sep 02, 2003 6:56 pm

Alright, I posted. I hope you all like it.
Arenial
Ranger of the North

Postby Manwe_of_the_Valar » Wed Sep 03, 2003 8:18 pm

I'd like to join if thats alright with you? How long after the War of the Ring does this happen? <BR><BR>I'll have my character posted as soon as you give me the ok. R u looking for more expeirianced rpers? I write well enough but i'm not as good as some of the people i've seen.
Manwe_of_the_Valar
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Arenial » Thu Sep 04, 2003 2:22 pm

Well, Manwe, I wouldn't mind if you joined but we'll let Turin make the decision.
Arenial
Ranger of the North

Postby Túrin_Son_Of_Aragorn » Fri Sep 05, 2003 9:25 am

It's around twenty five years after the War Of The Rings. Sure you can join.
Túrin_Son_Of_Aragorn
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Arenial » Fri Sep 05, 2003 2:41 pm

Good to have you with us, Manwe. Soooooooo... what's going to happen now? Aislin has been captured and Turin has found her gone. Anyone want to be the "bad guy"? lol. we need to get this thing moving guys.
Arenial
Ranger of the North

Postby Manwe_of_the_Valar » Fri Sep 05, 2003 7:22 pm

I'm debating with myself of what my character(s) is/are gonna be like. Any suggestions??? Anyone you'd want me to be?
Manwe_of_the_Valar
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Túrin_Son_Of_Aragorn » Sat Sep 06, 2003 12:28 am

Well, faramir is still around, also you could be a blue wizard or an easterling captain or someone from rohan or a hobbit, ent, dwarf, elf, anything you want really...
Túrin_Son_Of_Aragorn
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Arenial » Sat Sep 06, 2003 12:45 pm

Good to have you around, Manwe. You could be the "bad guy"; the guy who kidnapped Aislin. Or, you be one of her friends and go with Turin to rescue her. But, it's really your decision. Oh, and don't worry about not being that experianced, I'm not really either. <BR><BR>OK, so Asilin has been captured. I decided that the guy who kidnapped her someone important to King Aragorn, someone she could recognize, who is being paid big bucks to capture Aislin and bring her to the Easterling leutenant so he can take her as his wife. Just updating, so you guys no what's going on with Aislin. <BR><BR>Arenial
Arenial
Ranger of the North

Postby Manwe_of_the_Valar » Sun Sep 07, 2003 12:05 pm

If it's alright I'd like to have two chars. One of them being an easterling outside of the city waiting for the kidnapper to come back with the princess. The other maybe a messanger from Farimir that hears the scream and runs to help. <BR><BR>I could use both if ya want but if not tell me which and i'll use him. Thanx.
Manwe_of_the_Valar
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Manwe_of_the_Valar » Sun Sep 07, 2003 12:05 pm

something wrong with the com. it stalled on me.<BR>
Manwe_of_the_Valar
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Manwe_of_the_Valar » Sun Sep 07, 2003 12:08 pm

If it's alright I'd like to have two chars. One of them being an easterling outside of the city waiting for the kidnapper to come back with the princess. The other maybe a messanger from Farimir that hears the scream and runs to help. <BR><BR>I could use both if ya want but if not tell me which and i'll use him. Thanx.
Manwe_of_the_Valar
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Manwe_of_the_Valar » Sun Sep 07, 2003 12:08 pm

Manwe_of_the_Valar
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Arenial » Sun Sep 07, 2003 12:18 pm

Go for both! That would be awesome!
Arenial
Ranger of the North

Postby Yaara_Kanava_Quendelie » Sun Sep 07, 2003 1:01 pm

Don't worry about not being exerienced, Arenial and I aren't.<BR><BR>I'll be a Blue Wizard.<BR><BR>I would like to bring a Balrog on a chain and he could eat Arenial very soon.<BR><BR>Awesome ideas Manwe absolutely fan-diddly-tastic. Such imagination will not be ignored.<BR><BR>I think Manwe's character(s) should be gay.<BR><BR>That is all<BR>
Yaara_Kanava_Quendelie

Postby Manwe_of_the_Valar » Sun Sep 07, 2003 4:33 pm

I'll have my good char posted as soon as I can. I'm doing research on the Easterlings before I create my char. Shouldn't take me to long. <BR><BR>All I need is the "ok" from Turin...since it's his thread.
Manwe_of_the_Valar
Citizen of Imladris

Next

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)