OOC: The Quest to Retake Moria: NOW ACCEPTING NEW CHARACTERS

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

Would you like to continue this RP?

Yes
No votes
No
No votes

Total votes : 0

Postby ElfMaiden13 » Fri Aug 06, 2004 12:27 pm

Thank ye' very much dan! I was just wondering how I was going to go about jumping back in. :) I will post ASAP
ElfMaiden13
Ranger of the North

Postby ElfMaiden13 » Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:15 pm

Looky, looky! *points excitedly* I posted! THe dreaded writers block has lifted!
ElfMaiden13
Ranger of the North

Postby Arwen32315 » Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:15 am

*peeks head in door fearing a barage of nasty veggies* Um... hello guys. I'm back. :D You can thank EM for her endless prodding and pushing. (j/k) Let's just say that my life went for something resembling a hard drive crash that wipes out a novel in progress, and I'll leave why I haven't posted at that.

As soon as I get caught up on things. I'll post some. Toodles!
Arwen32315
Rider of the Mark

Postby Elladan_Elfhelm » Tue Aug 10, 2004 1:53 pm

Good post EM. Welcome back Arwen. I will try to post tomorrow. G where are you? How's that for short sentences. :P

Dan
Elladan_Elfhelm
Mariner

Postby Galadtir » Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:19 pm

I AM TERRIBLY SORRY!!! I had to go to some unexpected vacations at the neighbour island, and i had no time to warn you. Well, i will start by reading the posts, then i will post something up.

EDIT: I posted!! Finally, a decent post, after all this time! I now expect someone to think for Farin, for i can't go so far as to make him accept this condition
Galadtir
Shield Bearer

Postby ElfMaiden13 » Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:41 pm

Hey G, what exactly did Galadtir say at the begining of your post? I'm too lazy to find an elvish dictionary and look it up.

Edit: also G, would you mind editing your post? Sévi isn't there. She went off somewhere with Myne to get into trouble :twisted: :angel:
ElfMaiden13
Ranger of the North

Postby ElfMaiden13 » Wed Aug 11, 2004 10:49 pm

Hey everyone! Arwen and I have started a new thread in the Green Dragon, and we're looking for members! Here's a bit of info on it! Please look into it!

--Adüna: Search for the Dragon's Crest--(Active)
Originator: ElfMaiden13 & Arwen32315
Starting Date: August 12, 2004
Current Participants: 2
If accepting new members: Yes!
Synopsis: Adüna, a mostly desertous land, is in danger from an unknown threat. The Iltya, an elf-like race, have retreated into their forested kingdoms by the sea, and the desert clans battle amongst themselves for power. The one time heroes of the land, the Dragon Riders of the Eirlys Mountains, have faded into legend and myth centuries old. Their once great history has become a child's nursery tale. A few of these ancient people's still remain, hidden away in the mountain fastness. Even to them, much of their past is forgotten, but their pride remains. But, when their Princess and the last of the unbroken royal is kidnapped while away on a quest for peace, what little structure remained to their crumbling society is shattered.
Now the riders are a thing of the past...forgotten but by a few. The old storytellers, the mages, and the elves are among the dwindling number that remember the tales of old, which evanesence into the mountains from which they came....
The desert mage, A'mora, has had a vision; a vision of the riders again rising from the ashes of their glory, But she fears it will never be. For a new power is rising. A shadow that threatens to engulf all of Adüna. The search for the young rider is on, for soon it will be too late.
Brief Excerpt: A small smile played about her mouth. These people were so simple, unaware of the turmoil going on right under their noses. The smell of the slave market soon drifted up to assault her nose. She had avoided this area of the bazaar like it was a deadly disease; her head and her feet seemed to be telling her otherwise, however. Pausing to watch a young woman being led to her new master, A'mora let her guard slip for an instant, her eyes locked with the girls.
To her surprise, the girl returned, and held her gaze; green eyes meeting green. There was a spark of defiance, and something else that A'mora didn't quite recognize. In that brief moment, time stood still.
The two might have stood there for hours, locked in an unseen battle, had it not been for the slave guards. "Keep your eyes down, filth!" The girls head had snapped sideways sharply as the guard hit her for her insubordinance. A'mora instantly pulled her hood up over her head and walked quickly to where her horse was tied. Never before had anyone met her gaze and lived. It was death to meet the eyes of any mage unbidden. Her shock was deepened still by the vision that had taken hold of her in that brief instant.
Link to OOC: http://forums.tolkienonline.com/viewtopic.php?t=82596
Link to IC: http://forums.tolkienonline.com/viewtopic.php?t=82597
ElfMaiden13
Ranger of the North

Postby Arwen32315 » Wed Aug 11, 2004 10:51 pm

I can tell you from first hand experience that Adüna is very well thought out. We just need some first-class RPer's to make it take off. Otherwise, it may very well become just plain fictions instead of gaining the illustrious title of RP fiction.

I'm not begging (I'm not, really :roll:) I'm just strongly encouraging you guys to check it out. There are already 2 posts in the IC thread that you can read, and they are LONG posts. :D
Arwen32315
Rider of the Mark

Postby Galadtir » Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:23 am

ElfMaiden13 wrote:Hey G, what exactly did Galadtir say at the begining of your post? I'm too lazy to find an elvish dictionary and look it up.

Edit: also G, would you mind editing your post? Sévi isn't there. She went off somewhere with Myne to get into trouble :twisted: :angel:

What he said was "Hail Athrun, Master of Wolves!"

I shall edit accordingly, thank you for warning me

EDIT: It looks to be a great Rp there, so i will join, with my most recent character. I will post a bio there as soon as i can
Galadtir
Shield Bearer

Postby Elladan_Elfhelm » Tue Aug 17, 2004 7:11 am

I have posted. Not my best effort, but I'm itching for a fight.

Dan
Elladan_Elfhelm
Mariner

Postby Galadtir » Thu Aug 19, 2004 7:05 pm

Elladan_Elfhelm wrote:I have posted. Not my best effort, but I'm itching for a fight.

Dan

Writing a post as i...type :lol: at this moment. Writer's block seems to be cursing me yet again...Curse thee, oh dreaded writer's block! Oh, why, Iluvatar?! Why do I hath to suffer this consuming and terrible disease?!
Galadtir
Shield Bearer

Postby Elladan_Elfhelm » Wed Sep 15, 2004 10:41 am

Ok, we are back moving again here. We are getting close a final showdown.

Dan
Elladan_Elfhelm
Mariner

Postby Lothloriel » Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:08 am

*bump*
Lothloriel
Ranger of the North

Postby Elladan_Elfhelm » Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:19 am

*FAINTS*

It's alive!!!!!!!!!!! It's alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What shock I had when I pulled up email and had a Topic reply message.

Lothloriel, I spotted you on the boards the other day in Tom's, but I wasn't for sure it was you, so yeterday I came back over and dug up the threads and read over them for a while. I knew it was you then, but it was still a surprise when you posted in here. I tried carrying this story for a while, but it was just too much for me to do.

It's great to see you back on TORC though. :)

Dan
Elladan_Elfhelm
Mariner

Postby Lothloriel » Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:32 pm

Great to see you, Dan. If you check the first post, I've edited through. There's only a few of us still around: Me, you, Ugluk, and Andu, I believe it is, though Sil's been popping in and out. I'm wondering if it's feasible at all to try and continue this, which would mean extensive writing out of the six or so characters no longer here, :woah: or if we should start over, :pull: or perhaps just scrap it altogether.

Thoughts? Ideas? Opinions? Any and all are welcome....

~ "Mummy" :roll:
Lothloriel
Ranger of the North

Postby Lothloriel » Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:46 pm

*bump*
Lothloriel
Ranger of the North

Previous

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)