OOC: The Quest to Retake Moria: NOW ACCEPTING NEW CHARACTERS

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

Would you like to continue this RP?

Yes
No votes
No
No votes

Total votes : 0

Postby Galadtir » Fri May 14, 2004 5:16 am

Aiwe wrote:
Galadtir wrote:Ok...yo soy portugués! Mi país es Portugal, que cieda al lado de Espanã, en la Peninsula Iberica!!

Lindos posts, para toda a gente! Voçês são geniais!!

"OK, I am Portuguese! My country is Portugal, which is situated to the side of Spain, in the Iberian Peninsula!!

"Lovely posts, to everyone! (?) you all are geniuses!!"

I just don't know what "Voçês" means. The rest I could translate using my knowledge of Spanish and my brief introduction to Portuguese pronunciations. :wink: I love languages! :D

Oi'm orf ta read tha wee posties noo...

--Aiwe
"Voçês" means "you" ! You translated it exactly correct! Congratulations! :D :D

Off i go to read posts...
Galadtir
Shield Bearer

Postby ElfMaiden13 » Fri May 14, 2004 5:44 am

hey everyone, im gonna be gone for the weekend. Arwen, I trust you will carry my characters? (shouldn't be hard ;))
ElfMaiden13
Ranger of the North

Postby Elladan_Elfhelm » Fri May 14, 2004 5:50 am

EM, that will be easy. Sevi and Athrun are stuck in a cave with wolves. That sounds like a great vacation. :D :P
j/k

Have a great weekend EM and a safe trip.

I will try to post later today. G are you going to do your post with the army attacking the Gates. If so on our way back to the camp, we will meet up with the Rohirrim reinforcements.

Dan

edit: I just posted. I hope you like it.
Elladan_Elfhelm
Mariner

Postby Galadtir » Fri May 14, 2004 1:14 pm

I posted. I explained my plan for the battle, but i feel that i am not fit to open it. If no one can, i will do it, but it will take me some time to do it.
Galadtir
Shield Bearer

Postby Arwen32315 » Fri May 14, 2004 4:02 pm

No it shouldn't be that hard. I think I pretty much got a handle on Athrun *pats him* :)
Arwen32315
Rider of the Mark

Postby Elladan_Elfhelm » Sat May 15, 2004 7:21 pm

Hey guys, I probably won't be able to post until Monday. If no one has started the attack on the gates by then, I will get us going. Have a great rest of the weekend everyone.

Dan
Elladan_Elfhelm
Mariner

Postby ElfMaiden13 » Sat May 15, 2004 8:59 pm

hmm...now i gotta think of a post. heheh.

the voices will start speaking eventually. ;)
ElfMaiden13
Ranger of the North

Postby Galadtir » Mon May 17, 2004 7:10 am

I posted! Dilther arrives to groth Lomin! The best post i could make with this lack of inspiration.
Galadtir
Shield Bearer

Postby Elladan_Elfhelm » Mon May 17, 2004 8:15 am

I'm working on a post and it should be done right after lunch.

Dan

OK, I have posted. I know it took longer than lunch, but that depends on what time zone your in. My computer at work crashed, so I had to wait till I got home and finished my yard work before I could post. I hope you like it.
Elladan_Elfhelm
Mariner

Postby Galadtir » Tue May 18, 2004 4:25 am

Elladan_Elfhelm wrote:I'm working on a post and it should be done right after lunch.

Dan

OK, I have posted. I know it took longer than lunch, but that depends on what time zone your in. My computer at work crashed, so I had to wait till I got home and finished my yard work before I could post. I hope you like it.
great post, elladan! I will try to post the battle. Yesterday, my head started to bounce with ideas!
Galadtir
Shield Bearer

Postby ElfMaiden13 » Wed May 19, 2004 9:51 am

great posts everyone! :D I'll start coming up with something sometime this afternoon.
ElfMaiden13
Ranger of the North

Postby Elladan_Elfhelm » Wed May 19, 2004 10:33 am

Good deal. We are all looking forward to seeing what Athrun can do. You know its hard to believe that we are actually at the Mines now. Getting to them was an adventure in itself.

Dan
Elladan_Elfhelm
Mariner

Postby ElfMaiden13 » Wed May 19, 2004 9:36 pm

hey everyone! looky! I found a picture of young Athrun and Kiba! Click Here!

I don't care what the comments from that other person say: that is SO not a girl. ;)
ElfMaiden13
Ranger of the North

Postby ElfMaiden13 » Thu May 20, 2004 7:38 pm

I posted. Just a little something to get the thread bumped again.
ElfMaiden13
Ranger of the North

Postby Galadtir » Fri May 21, 2004 12:27 pm

Hello! I have been busy for some days, but i could finally send this post! Dilther convinces the king to gather the troops against the dark armies!
Galadtir
Shield Bearer

Postby Elladan_Elfhelm » Fri May 21, 2004 1:39 pm

Great post g.

I have posted guys as well. We can enter the gates at anytime that we want to now.

Things are about to get interesting. We have moved rather quickly as of late, and everyone has put up some great post.

*starts talking to self* Now we need everyone's best ever post. We need more detail, more fear, more distress, more excitement, and more intrigue. How's that for a pep talk.? :D :D

You guys are great, and I have really enjoyed writing with you all. And, the best part is: we are not done yet. Have a great weekend everyone.

Dan
Elladan_Elfhelm
Mariner

Postby Arwen32315 » Fri May 21, 2004 2:26 pm

Hey, great posts everybody.

EM - :roll: Boy does that little arguement sound famaliar :wink: (don't ask; long story)

I'll try to cook something up by tonight. If not, then, tomorrow.
Arwen32315
Rider of the Mark

Postby Galadtir » Sat May 22, 2004 4:59 am

Elladan_Elfhelm wrote:Great post g.

I have posted guys as well. We can enter the gates at anytime that we want to now.

Things are about to get interesting. We have moved rather quickly as of late, and everyone has put up some great post.

*starts talking to self* Now we need everyone's best ever post. We need more detail, more fear, more distress, more excitement, and more intrigue. How's that for a pep talk.? :D :D

You guys are great, and I have really enjoyed writing with you all. And, the best part is: we are not done yet. Have a great weekend everyone.

Dan
Thanks Dan, and i say the same exact thing! I have posted again. I hope you like it.
Galadtir
Shield Bearer

Postby Galadtir » Mon May 24, 2004 10:34 am

ummm....i'm awaiting someone to post... :?
Galadtir
Shield Bearer

Postby Elladan_Elfhelm » Mon May 24, 2004 10:42 am

Hey G, I'm working on one right now. I'll try to hurry. :D

Dan

edit: I have posted.
Elladan_Elfhelm
Mariner

Postby Galadtir » Mon May 24, 2004 3:29 pm

Elladan_Elfhelm wrote:Hey G, I'm working on one right now. I'll try to hurry. :D

Dan

edit: I have posted.
I posted too! Didn't you wanted emotion and power? Well, this is, the biggest, the most powerful, and the best post i have ever made! I am proud of the result! if you find disrespancies, i'll fix them. :D :D :wink:
Galadtir
Shield Bearer

Postby ElfMaiden13 » Mon May 24, 2004 7:26 pm

Don't mean to be picky G, :| but Galadtir seems to be turning into a bit of a glory hog. Not to mention that the elves are a wee bit too much involved. There were VERY VERY VERY (did I mention very?) few elves left in Middle Earth in those times, as in maybe a few dozen scattered accross ME, yet here we have them taking up the front line in an army. just my opinion. THe only elves that really stayed were the Moriquendi, and they were little heard from at all.

Edit: another note; wasn't this supposed to be a dwarven quest? not an elven quest? the elves would actually be reluctant to do anything concerning Moria.
ElfMaiden13
Ranger of the North

Postby Galadtir » Tue May 25, 2004 5:10 am

ElfMaiden13 wrote:Don't mean to be picky G, :| but Galadtir seems to be turning into a bit of a glory hog. Not to mention that the elves are a wee bit too much involved. There were VERY VERY VERY (did I mention very?) few elves left in Middle Earth in those times, as in maybe a few dozen scattered accross ME, yet here we have them taking up the front line in an army. just my opinion. THe only elves that really stayed were the Moriquendi, and they were little heard from at all.

Edit: another note; wasn't this supposed to be a dwarven quest? not an elven quest? the elves would actually be reluctant to do anything concerning Moria.
hhhmmm maybe you're right. I'll make some changes, thanks. But it has automatically mutated into an elven quest also. If Moria is not freed, the armies of Moranor would engulf Lorien, and then all of the remaining elves would be dead. And what Galadtir wants is revenge, not glory. Any general of an army would always try to rise the army's morale. And i said that the frontline looked like an elven army, because of their armours. The frontline is composed of dwarves, not elves! In fact, the VERY VERY VERY few elves are at the backrows, because they are archers. The only elves in the frontline are the five wood elves that came to the camp, during your arrival.

EDIT: i made some changes, hope it's ok now
Last edited by Galadtir on Tue May 25, 2004 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Galadtir
Shield Bearer

Postby Elladan_Elfhelm » Tue May 25, 2004 5:20 am

Hey G, Dilthir and the armies of Groth Lomin will come through the Western Gate. We are going through the Eastern Gate. Great emotion in your post G. Like EM, use the dwarfs more if you can, too many elves.

Hey everyone, here might be a good place where we split off into groups and do some individual post concerning our explorering and fighting in Moria. We can come back together when Moranor, the Balrog, comes out to play. Don't bring him out too early though. I don't want this adventure to end too early.

Dan
Elladan_Elfhelm
Mariner

Postby ElfMaiden13 » Tue May 25, 2004 6:43 am

If Moria is not freed, the armies of Moranor would engulf Lorien, and then all of the remaining elves would be dead.

All of the remaining elves weren't in Lorien. They were for the most part scattered over ME. Maybe 1 or 2 were left in Lorien. So really, this is a very historically inacurate RP.
ElfMaiden13
Ranger of the North

Postby Galadtir » Tue May 25, 2004 10:41 am

Elladan_Elfhelm wrote:Hey G, Dilthir and the armies of Groth Lomin will come through the Western Gate. We are going through the Eastern Gate. Great emotion in your post G. Like EM, use the dwarfs more if you can, too many elves.

Hey everyone, here might be a good place where we split off into groups and do some individual post concerning our explorering and fighting in Moria. We can come back together when Moranor, the Balrog, comes out to play. Don't bring him out too early though. I don't want this adventure to end too early.

Dan

I am using dwarves lol. But they will not go through the Western gate. The armies of Groth Lomin will come through secret passages inside the mountains, that lead into the heart of Dwarrondelf.

And believe me, even if we would find Moranor, it would take some more time to finish him off. We must be all together to resist his charge. Moranor will appear when the armies of Groth Lomin join us. Then the party will start :twisted: :roll:

Elfmaiden13 wrote:All of the remaining elves weren't in Lorien. They were for the most part scattered over ME. Maybe 1 or 2 were left in Lorien. So really, this is a very historically inacurate RP.
I know lol. One or two? that is innacurate lol i have studied the elves more than any other race, and by my research, about a dozen remained there, and they were not even Noldor. Not all elves left midle Earth, only the Noldorin. The realm of Thranduil still exists, but more secluded. And the Avari roam free throughout Arda. And Galadtir himself is a Teleri, one of the Sindarin, as every elf that gives us company. I would not consider this a highly innacurate RP. In fact, i don't even believe that it is innacurate. So far, we have followed Tolkien's writings exactly...i think :?
I might not have studied it completely, but i know enough to affirm that not all elves left Middle Earth. of course, the elves that do remain will dwindle to the brink of extintion.

About the groups: Tonar would take the Mithril Edge through the eastern caverns, and Elladan would lead the Rohirrim and the Elves through the western caverns. As for Farin and Grimir, they would lead the main dwarven army through the main caves. What do you think?
Galadtir
Shield Bearer

Postby Elladan_Elfhelm » Wed May 26, 2004 7:43 am

G, Elladan and the Rohirrim are off to the west side as we speak. I will try to get my post up shortly.

EM, you need to break out Athrun soon. I'm sure that you have something interesting in mind with him.

If anyone else wants to tag along with Elladan, just put him and the 240 Rohirrim in your post.

Dan
Elladan_Elfhelm
Mariner

Postby ElfMaiden13 » Wed May 26, 2004 7:49 am

Hmmm.... would it be ok to skip a few days, and have you guys working your way gradually into the caves or something. It wouldn't be a quick process, seeing as how many orc there are, and that it is already a 3 day journey from one side to the other without even fighting. If we skipped some time it would give me something to post.
ElfMaiden13
Ranger of the North

Postby Galadtir » Wed May 26, 2004 10:48 am

ElfMaiden13 wrote:Hmmm.... would it be ok to skip a few days, and have you guys working your way gradually into the caves or something. It wouldn't be a quick process, seeing as how many orc there are, and that it is already a 3 day journey from one side to the other without even fighting. If we skipped some time it would give me something to post.
remembering the long, long time within Lorien.....well, i agree. I don't have the pacience to write a lot about the journey...because that is all that we will do: travel. Nothing much will happen...besides some skirmishes to clear the rooms. I say we skip a day, and then we may start the battles.

Elladan: You will lead the rohirrim and the Elves, including Galadtir, if you don't mind. I think that Thayarn and Grimir should take each the southern and northern caverns. Then we might reassemble at the entrance of Dwarrondelf, and charge towards the orcs' main army, and consequentially, Moranor. All roads lead to Dwarrondelf, that's what old gaffer says :roll: :P :D
Galadtir
Shield Bearer

Postby Elladan_Elfhelm » Wed May 26, 2004 11:07 am

Hey, I just posted. G, Elladan has Thayrn with him. If it is ok with you. Put Galadtir with Grimir. That is fine with meeting up together at one spot.

It is ok with me also, to skip a day. The rohirrim can spend the night in the hall that they just discovered.

Let me know if this is ok.

Dan
Elladan_Elfhelm
Mariner

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)