Quest

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

Quest

Postby NewZealand » Mon Mar 22, 2004 6:24 pm

In the early hours of the morning the sun had barely begun to peek over the mountains in the distance. Dew still lay on the grass and everything was in shadow. Amissus stood staring down at two graves, which were shaded by a large tree. One read Altor and the other read Altrix. They were the graves of his faster parents. They had died a few years ago at the very old ages of 127 and 134. Amissus, although being an elf, was very familiar with death. He had been raised by mortals his whole life and had seen many of them. He was now 102 years old, had no family, no friends, and he was now all alones. Eques his horse was all he had, along with everything his faster parents had left behind.

Ever since he was young his Altor and Altrix had told him the story of how they found him. They told him how they had looked so hard for his real parents yet had had no luck. They believed that he had been the only survivor of a shipwreck that he and his family were on. They thought that his parents must have died in the wreck. Amissus could not believe it he wanted to know what really had happened that day he was lost he saw no harm in going out in search of them. He wanted to leave this desert land behind, go explore the earth and find his real family.

Now that his faster parents were gone he had no reason to stay where he was. He needed to leave, and soon.

After setting down the flowers that he held in his hands, Amissus turned back to the small house that he had grown up in. He was planning to leave that day he had been wanting to for the longest time and thought that today was as good a day than any. He packed up his few belongings in a bag and tied it to the back of the saddle he had already put on Eques. Then he grabbed his freshly whetted sword and put it in the sheath on is belt, and stuck his small knife in his boot. Last but not least he grabbed his bow and quiver of arrows and put them in their place.

Amissus then hoped up on Eques and turned him north the way he had decided to go first. Before he left he took one last look at the home that he may never see again, and said a last good bye.

About midday Amissus came to a road. He knew that it must be the Harad road. He stopped only a short while to eat some lunch before moving one down the road. Soon night fell and Amissus stopped next to some trees to make camp. He knew that the small trees wouldn’t give him much cover, but it’s better than nothing he thought.

Amissus ate a little supper before lying down to sleep. He lay next to his poor fire that was already starting to go out, while Eques stood near by also beginning to fall asleep.

~~~NZ~~~
Last edited by NewZealand on Wed Jun 30, 2004 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NewZealand
Rider of the Mark

Postby Amrunelen » Mon Mar 22, 2004 7:10 pm

<em>Amrunelen trudged up the road, her elven cloak pulled tight around her. It blended in with the darkness of the night, making her barely visible to any that might have been watching. Only a little bit of her faint glow escaped through the opening in her hood.<BR><BR>She had been down South on business again. One of the Harads had decided to try his hand in necromantic magic. He brought a few spirits back fomr the dead and, as usual, Amrunelen went off to deal with them. It was her duty, though a strange one it was. Her bells were now stored away in her pack again, along with her other assorted belongings.<BR><BR>She was focusing on the road ahead of her. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw a small bit of light filtering through the trees along the side of the road. It looked to be a fire. "I wonder who in their right mind would stop this close to the main road from Harad, unless it happens to be one of the Haradrim...", she thought. <BR><BR>Amrunelen decided to investigate. She crept off the road and into the line of trees with silent steps. The fire was only a little distance in. By now it wasn't much more than burning embers. She peered into the dim light that was cast off from the dying fire and could see the form of a person lying on the ground. She crept a little closer to get a better look at the person. At last she could see there face. She stopped in suprise. It wasn't one of the Haradrim that lay there on the ground. In fact, it wasn't a man at all. It was another elf.<BR><BR>"What is he doing down here?", she wondered. At that moment, she heard a twig snap behind her. In a split second, she had her bow in her hand with an arrow fitted to the string and she quickly turned around to face whatever was behind her. She had expected to see one of the Harad soldiers, but instead only saw a horse.<BR><BR>The horse snorted, startled by her quick movements, and started pawing at the ground with it's hooves. Amrunelen began whispering to it in elvish, urging the creature to calm down. It would be a miracle if the elf lying by the fire did not awake at the sound of the comotion she caused.</em>
Amrunelen
Mariner

Postby Nameless_Teleri » Tue Mar 23, 2004 7:47 am

Aduyulda hurried up the path to Harad. Three times she had been sent down the far road to Harad, and three times she had gone back with nothing to report. This was her fourth- and she was beginning to doubt if Thranduil was not merely having an anxiety attack.<BR><BR>The day was already waning, and the last orange streak of the sun was beginning to disappear. Aduyulda quickened her steps. She had to find a secluded place where she could rest safely.<BR><BR>Suddenly, the faint sound of a pawing horse became audible. To the east, beyond the thick growth of trees. And the distinct sound of Elvish. Yes, that was definitely Elvish. But what would an Elf be doing near Harad? She softly crept toward the trees and peered through the cracks between the branches. A male elf lay on the ground in the distance. Near the trees, a female elf was trying to calm a horse.<BR><BR><em>What in the world...</em><BR><BR>Her curiosity finally overcame her, and she stepped out of the trees.
Nameless_Teleri
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Lossencamiel » Wed Mar 24, 2004 4:48 am

Robin was shaken awake.<BR><BR>"Robin! Wake up!" Robin rubbed her eyes and looked up. Rosie Gamgee stood over her, shaking her.<BR><BR>"What's wrong, Aunt Rosie?" Robin asked as she sat straight up.<BR><BR>"Have you already forgotten?" Rosie Cotton tapped Robin's head.<BR><BR>"Oh-oh- oh yes! Were going to stay a while in Gondor! Oh, it's so wonderful that we got invited by the King." Robin quickly put on her frock coat, and rapped her cloak around her. Grabbing the bundled clothing and things that she was going to bring with her, she followed her "aunt" outside where Samwise Gamgee and Elanor stood.<BR><BR>"Were all ready! And I suppose two hobbits can fit on on horse?" Sam smiled as Elanor pushed herself on to Bill, yes, faithful Bill the Pony who wasn't quite a pony anymore. Robin got on behind her. For this particular journey, Uncle Sam and Aunt Rosie would be using Shadowmane.<BR><BR>"I can't believe it Mommy! Were actually going to the WHITE CITY!!" Elanor exclaimed as the four galloped off into the woods. It would be a long ride, so the four had started out early.
Lossencamiel
Petitioner to the Council

Postby Turgon1111 » Wed Mar 24, 2004 8:28 am

Seregon rode quietly next to the Harad Road. Mithlond was being perfectly silent as the rode on. Seregon had his eyes out, trying to see if anyone was around. Suddenly he spotted a dim light in the distance with his sharp eyes and turned Mithlond towards the light and started towards it.<BR><BR><BR> When he was closer he heard the fair, melodious sound of the elvish language, and what sounded like a horse. He dismounted and silently crept towards the site. He hid behind a tree and watched. There was a elf on the ground, asleep by the fire it seemed. Then he spotted another elf.<BR><BR><BR>She was trying to calm a horse and spoke to it in elvish quietly. Seregon stood still and watched. Then another Elf came into his view. <BR><BR><BR>"What are three elves doing on the Harad Road?"<BR><BR><BR>He kept watching then he though he'd make his appereance. He silently stepped from the trees and stood in full view. The other two saw him and gasped. Then the sleeping one woke up and saw everyone and had a surprised look on his tired face. Everything was out in the open now.
Turgon1111
Shield Bearer

Postby NewZealand » Wed Mar 24, 2004 4:27 pm

Amissus had heard Eques snorting and the voice of someone talking in Elvin. He quickly sat up to see what was wrong, and saw two elves standing near his horse. Afraid that they might be horse thieves he quickly grabbed his knife and jumped up. Eques saw him and neighed softly, making the woman elf, that still held her bow in her hand, turn quickly towards him. Before he knew it there was an arrow aimed right at him. Amissus took a step backwards and dropped his knife.<BR><BR>“Who are you, and what are you doing to my horse?” Amissus questioned.<BR><BR>The woman introduced herself as Amrunelen. She said that she was just passing by and saw him laying there. The other elf said that he was Seregon and also was passing by when he saw them there. Just then another elf stepped out from behind them and introduced herself as Aduyulda. <BR><BR>Amissus was all in a fluster now. He told them his name and asked them to sit by his fire, which was now practically ashes. He stoked it up and the elves joined him. He had never been around so many elves before and was very interested in what they had to say. They moved much more gracefully than him and were calmer in a way.<BR><BR>After a short while the small group had calmed down and relaxed. They began to trust each other slightly and even shared small bits and peaces about their quests, and why they were in South Gondor. Amissus was the only one who held back on his. He didn’t think it was wise to tell total strangers about his past and where he was going. He did ask them many questions about the elves, though. He had never seen another elf until now. He was wide awake now and listened to all they had to say.<BR><BR>~~~NZ~~~
NewZealand
Rider of the Mark

Postby Amrunelen » Wed Mar 24, 2004 5:09 pm

<em>Amrunelen lowered her bow and put the arrow back in her quiver.</em> "I am Amrunelen of Lothlorien. As for what I was doing, your horse startled me so I reacted as I did. I saw your fire here and came over to see who or what started it. I'm sorry if I startled you. This is quite a strange meeting I deem. Never before have I come across three elves at once down in these lands. In fact, I cannot recall ever seeing another elf down here at all."<BR><BR><em>She sat down by the now merrily crackling fire and listened as the other two, besides Amissus, introduced themselves. She could sense a bit of reluctance to tell more about himself coming from Amissus. It seemed as if he was not accustomed to meeting or speaking with other elves. She herself did not give all the details about what she was doing down around Harad, except that she was there on "business". Not many, if any at all besides the Lord and Lady of the Golden Wood, knew about what she did. Though, the semi strange behavior of this elf made her curious. What was he doing down here? Where did he grow up, if not around other elves?</em><BR><BR>"By your questions, it sounds as if you have not met any of our kin before. Might I ask, if it is alright with you, what brings you down here to these parts of Middle Earth? You have been quite silent about your own reasons. I am sorry if I am asking too much. I was just wondering..."
Amrunelen
Mariner

Postby Lossencamiel » Wed Mar 24, 2004 6:02 pm

Robin panted. She could already see Gondor. Her "Uncle" and "Aunt" were right behind her, and Elanor was already asleep. Shadowmane halted right infront of the gates as Robin got off. The gatekeeper, knowing well that they were coming to meet the King, opened the gate without receiving a word from the hobbits. Robin led the horses in sleepily. <BR><BR>---------------------------------------------<BR>Aragorn sat on his throne, thinking. Arwen sighed.<BR><BR>"Something stirs in the east," He said. "In Harad." Arwen replied knowingly. Legolas had already informed them about this.<BR><BR>Sam sat still, listening intently.<BR><BR>"Somebody has to check it out, right Uncle?" Robin eagerly asked.<BR><BR>"Yes, but that does not mean that you can go," Sam shook his head. "It's too dangerous, one little hobbit journeying into the deeps of Harad. I was with Mr. Frodo on the Quest, but I was already past my tweens, mark my words. You haven't even gotten into the tweens."<BR><BR>"But- I mean... I did live with the elves for a while you know. I've learned all their ways, and I think I'd be able to live."<BR><BR>-------------------------------------------<BR><BR>Robin had finally been allowed to go to Harad. She got on Shadowmane happily.<BR><BR>"Now don't start grinning when you know the journey's dangerous." Rosie folded her arms.<BR><BR>"Yes ma'am." Robin replied politely, then wrapping her cloak around her, she rode off into the uninviting road to Harad. <em>Everything should go well, I mean, she does know what to do...</em> Rosie told herself.
Lossencamiel

Postby atalantea » Fri Mar 26, 2004 12:46 am

"I will not surrender myself to him mother, I will not marry him, he is disgusting!" Karimlan hissed.<BR><BR>"He is the leader of the troop, dear, all will do as he bids!" Her mother shoved a stray strand loose.<BR><BR>"He does not know how to lead! All he sees is the glory of being a leader but he is not, in any way aware of his responsibility as one!" She shoved her hair back.<BR><BR>"He knows how to lead, he leads us-"<BR><BR>"Into hunger! For the while he was appointed all he did was ravish all maidens and waste food, winter is near mother, and has he started storing? He ate all of our stored food!" Karimlan stepped away from her mother who was fixing her appearance in front of a mirror. "Why are we doing this?" she gestured at herself, she was dressed in a gown too beautiful for an everyday walk.<BR><BR>Her mother walked to her and fixed her so that loose tendrils of her black hair fell dramatically down her face. "The leader gets what he wants..." she teared and embraced her. "I'm sorry..." she cried. "He doesn't deserve you... you're my dear, you'll always be my dear..."<BR><BR>Karimlan dropped her hands in horror. "Mother?" she called in a voice hurt. She trembled.<BR><BR>Men entered their tent and pried her mother loose and took her hand. Her mother collapsed, weeping as she was led out. <BR><BR>She was welcomed by solemn faces. They made way for her. She stiffled a scream as she saw the altar afront her with a priest and the leader awaiting her. She walked forward numbly. <BR><BR>The leader smirked as he saw the horror in her face. "I told you, I get what I want... I want you and I get you!" Edmundor lookedat her body maliciously. People started weeping when he took her bu the hand.<BR><BR>"This can't be happening..." she shook her head slowly. His hand crept up her arm then reached her bare back and rubbed. She slid out of his grasp and pushed his damned hands away. For some reason, this amused him, so he wrapped his arm about her waist and pulled her closer.<BR><BR>"You are mine... I own you..." he grinned. This woke her up from her trance. She stepped away and spanked him.<BR><BR>"I belong to no one!" she spat at his face. "And never to a pig!" ahand came coiling around her neck.<BR><BR>"That will make you more of a pig then... because soon, this pig will own you!"<BR><BR>"Never!" she chocked and felt for her dagger on her left thigh. Her mother loved her still by not stripping her of her weapons. She forgave her unconciously and pushed the knife against his frame.<BR><BR>He let go of her and toppled over. She seized this chance and ran towards the woods. Her people stepped away from her was gladly and bid her blessings of safety.<BR><BR>She ran into the woods and ripped off her skirt. She was surprised to see a warrior skirt underneath it. A skirt which had slits at both sides that reached the hips for mobility. Her boots were steady beeath her. Her mother her weapons on her skirt. She was free from Edmundor! She giggled then tripped over a tree root. <BR><BR>She heard footsteps after her. She was alarmed when they approached her. The men surrounded her and just looked at her.<BR><BR>"Look for her!"<BR><BR>"She went that way!"<BR><BR>"After her!" <BR><BR>They ignored her, letting her slip away on purpose. One man, Junnen threw a bag of food at her and left.<BR><BR>"Thank you," she whispered and left. Never looking back.
atalantea
Rider of the Mark

Postby Nameless_Teleri » Fri Mar 26, 2004 4:06 am

Aduyulda listened intently to Amissus speak, watching the flames of the fire crackle. Behind her, she thought she heard branches snapping and leaves crunching. Slowly feeling for the hilt of her dagger, Aduyulda listened on. The noise grew closer and closer. Around her, Aduyulda could see the others feeling for their weapons.
Nameless_Teleri
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Lossencamiel » Fri Mar 26, 2004 8:01 am

Robin sighed. She had a large amount of food to last her for a long while, but she wished she could have had a person come with her. It was getting kind of lonely. Suddenly, as her horse trotted along the road, she heard noises.<BR><BR>"Ok, I hope it's not orcs." She thought as she neared the place. She peered through the trees. Since all hobbits had the talent to walk quietly, she was unnoticed. As she listened, she started growing nervous. There were atleast four people there. She started wondering if they could hear her loud breath. Suddenly, she heard one of the people (Who looked very much like an elf) suddenly shift her gaze. Robin stiffened. "At least it wasn't an orc or anything," She told herself. But it wasn't that she was realy thinking about. The elf had turned her gaze toward HER direction. She knew she was going to be found, especially since Shadowmane, her horse, was not very far away. He was eating some of the grain Robin had prepared for him. "I shouldn't have done that!" She lamented as the elf stealthily snuck near to her hiding place.
Lossencamiel

Postby NewZealand » Fri Mar 26, 2004 11:26 am

Amissus looked over at Amrunelen and hesitated slightly before answering her questions.<BR><BR>“Um…no It’s alright. I was raised here.” He paused, but then figured that he couldn’t hide the truth for long. “I was raised by mortals and haven’t ever been around other elves until now.” Amissus knew he would have to give more details than that to keep them from being confused.<BR><BR>“The people who raised me, found me on the beach as a baby. They say that they could never find my real parents, so I lived with them.” He continued, not knowing he had the other three’s complete attention. “My faster parents are dead now. So I have no reason to stay here, that is why I am now going out in search of my real parents.” He looked up and saw the shock on the others faces. “So you see why I’m a bit wary about telling others. But I’ve always heard that you can trust the elves.”<BR><BR>Just as Amissus finished his story he saw Aduyulda get up and walk slowly over to some trees. He stopped and listened to what she had found but heard nothing. He just sat still in his place watching and listening.<BR><BR>~~~NZ~~~
NewZealand
Rider of the Mark

Postby Dummble » Fri Mar 26, 2004 10:09 pm

Domheld held his sword, many said he should not even be able, in a pray stance. The log in front of him showing many chips, wile his sword not a dint. The sword as an elegant leaf-sword, 2/3 Dom's heights, with a vine engraved on the blade with sprouting roses. He lifted it to go over another drill, when a tear fell to his eye, he twitch his tail, a nervous habbit, then continued.<BR><BR>Domheld was once the mighty protector of a slamm village that was ravaged by bandits, and rouges. It was on a cold cloudy night when a group of five rode in towards the village, but Dom stood on the kill crest just before and held them off single handly, killing two wounding another. Thier leader, a female, was in a ring of witch craft or power of somekind, and semi transformed him. He was from then on, wiskerd and tailed, much like a mouse.<BR><BR>He stoped trears running down his face the light forest breeze, where he now called home. he wiped the sweat and tears, then slid off to his to his burrow. It was much like a hobbit hole, in size and shape. He set about putting on tea and started his soup for the night hanging his sword by the door.<BR><BR>He was lonely, he hated it, but he allways reminded him self there is never anyhting you can do about it.<BR><BR>After finshing the soup he sat out side in a chair made from stump, and drank his tea, his sword handle resting on his knee. When he heard panting and crashing in the woods, he put dwon his cup then took the fighitng stance. A yong girl steped out of the trees with an odd look on her face when she was caught mid stride carying a bag in her hand by the hermit. For a woman she was dressed wuite oddly, warriors skirt, and firm boots, not quite the look most good looking humans took....<BR><BR><BR><BR>
Dummble
Shield Bearer

Postby Dummble » Fri Mar 26, 2004 10:09 pm

Sorry DP.
Dummble
Shield Bearer

Postby Nameless_Teleri » Sat Mar 27, 2004 4:49 pm

Aduyulda listened again. Not only could she hear the snapping branches, but also voices. Two voices, talking- a female voice and a male voice, she guessed. <BR><BR>"Do you hear that?" The others all nodded(or shook their heads). Seized with a strange apprehension, Aduyulda drew her dagger out of its sheath.<BR><BR>She noticed another sound, this one coming from the east. Dropping her dagger in frustration, she walked over to it and shoved the foliage aside. It was a halfling.
Nameless_Teleri
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Lossencamiel » Sun Mar 28, 2004 2:00 am

Robin ducked with her hood on, hoping the elf wouldn't see her. But it was useless.<BR><BR>"What are you, a halfling, doing in Harad?" A somewhat cold voice asked. She looked up.<BR><BR>"Who are you?" Robin put out her hand as if to try to protect herself. Shadowmane stopped nosing around the bag of grain and trotted over to the two. By now, Robin was surrounded by the others. Knowing it was safe, they had approached slowly, one by one.<BR><BR>"I am Aduyulda, Princess of Mirkwood. What are you doing in this wasteland, and who are you?" <BR>Robin, upon hearing that it was an elf from Mirkwood, had the courage to speak up.<BR><BR>"I am Lossencamiel, and I have been sent from Gondor." She answered. Since she was not sure she could trust the elf and the others, she had told them her elven name. "Who are the others?" She dove deeper into the bush, incase she was in danger. The elf seemed to be a cold one.<BR><BR>The truth was that Aduyulda never trusted unknown strangers, not even hobbits.
Lossencamiel

Postby NewZealand » Mon Mar 29, 2004 4:37 pm

Amissus stepped out from the shade of the trees revealing that he to was an elf, only dressed like a human. He looked down at the small being with curiosity. She looked a lot more like that of the race of men yet very small. He had herd Aduyulda call her a halfling but he himself had never heard of such beings.<BR><BR>“I’m sorry if we frightened you.” He said trying not to be rude. “Please join us at my fire and rest a little.”<BR><BR>The small person stepped slowly out hardly wanting to trust them. She walked with them over to the fire and sat down.<BR><BR>“Now, if you don’t mind my asking,” Amissus said, “What were you doing over there, or even doing down here in South Gondor?”<BR><BR>~~~NZ~~~
NewZealand
Rider of the Mark

Postby Amrunelen » Mon Mar 29, 2004 6:29 pm

<em>Amrunelen had jumped up with the rest when they heard the sound. Out of instinct, she reached for her bow that was across her back, drew out an arrow, and fitted it to the string. When the one named Aduyulda shoved the foliage aside, Amrunelen was suprised to see a halfling standing there. Never before had she heard of hobbits randomly wandering down around Southern Gondor so near to Harad. In fact, she could not recall ever seeing any of them over in this part of Middle Earth, herself. She did know what they were from some of her journeys that lead her close to or through the Shire, though. She occasionally saw a few of them when she was on her way to the Grey Havens for some purpose or another. In fact, she met several of them, but they were nowhere near the Shire. When the Fellowship had passed through Lothlorien, she met Frodo, Sam, Merry, and Pippin briefly. She saw them again when she was in Minas Tirith during the time King Elessar and Queen Arwen's wedding was. <BR><BR>"Now, if you don’t mind my asking, what were you doing over there, or even doing down here in South Gondor?"</em><BR><BR>"That I would also like to know. What brings one of the periannath down to these parts? Why, I've never heard of such a thing since Frodo, Sam, Merry, and Pippin were in this half of Middle Earth all those years ago."<em>, Amrunelen said, and then turned to Amissus. By the expression on his face, she could tell he never saw a halfling before either.</em> "Perhaps you know them by that name. Periannath, I mean. That is what the those in Minas Tirith call them at least. They did not even truly believe they existed until they actually saw some during the time of the War of the Ring."
Amrunelen
Mariner

Postby Nameless_Teleri » Mon Mar 29, 2004 10:07 pm

"The first time I saw one was when one of them invaded our party along with 13 dwarves," Aduyulda said reflectively as she picked her dagger up from the ground and sheathed it. "Thranduil was quite incensed when they escaped. Fortunately, the four Periannath that saved Middle-earth seems to have raised his opinions of them. But back to the subject- what are you doing here?"<BR><BR>The halfling looked uncomfortable as the three Elves stood around her.
Nameless_Teleri
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Lossencamiel » Tue Mar 30, 2004 1:06 am

"I was sent from Gondor. The reason I was actually in Gondor was because I am related to Bilbo and Frodo Baggins, and I live with Master Samwise Gamgee. We went to visit Gondor for a while. Lord Elessar thought something was up in Harad, and I wished to go." Robin answered as clearly as she could in Quenya. "Who are you, and what are you big people doing here? My main purpose was to find out." She and the others sat down around the fire, Shadowmane nuzzling Aduyulda. <em>Elves sure have a way with ponies...</em> Robin thought as her pony lay down between the elf and her.
Lossencamiel

Postby atalantea » Thu Apr 01, 2004 1:49 am

Karimlan looked up at the darkened clouds. It was near midnight. She walked through the woods. The troop was somewhere north, she had been in a steady travel towards the south. She cringed with the memory of this morning, winter was indeed coming and she left her troops to starve. Soon she had to hunt for food and clothing. She cannot leave herself unprotected in the harsh weather.<BR><BR>She came across a stream and started to strip. She jumped into the water for a bath. She swam in the refreshing coldness of the water. She wanted to wash away all the traces of Edmundor's damned hands on her. After a while she stepped out of the stream. <BR><BR>She started dressing but half way through she heard a twig snap somewhere towards the left. She also saw what seemed to be embers from a fire. She carelessly slung her cloak around her and unsheathed her dagger. She sat low in the grass. A horse whined not far away. Leaves rustled and she turned sideways.<BR><BR>She saw, from not far away, a pair of eyes that was staring at her dead straight. She growled and launched for him, attacking with her dagger first.<BR><BR>The form seemed to have awakened and dodged the dagger in time so that his neck was saved. Unfortunately, his cheeck was cut. He grabbed the dagger and maneuvered his assailant so that he would be on him... he froze to find the assailant to be a girl. Two angry midnight blue orbs stared back at him.<BR><BR>"That is right, take a good look at me, it will be the damn last thing you will be staring at!" she hissed and fought her way up.<BR><BR>"I have not wronged you in any way, woman, why attack me?" he answered. His answer seemed to anger her more.<BR><BR>"I will carve your pretty eyes out, just you wait!!!" she won her way up and her dagger was descending uncomfortably down his face.<BR><BR>"Who sent you?" he said, struggling. "I am alone, I have no riches that I could give you,"<BR><BR>"I am not a thief... well, now that you've mentioned it, I might steal from you, winter is near and..." she trailed off, for a moment forgetting that she wasn't with her troop anymore. He grabbed this chance and rolled over, pinning her underneath him. Holding her two hands and the dagger above her. He held her in that position for a while, catching his breath. <BR><BR>"Be sure to make it quick and fast for if I get a chance you wont have two hands left and I will kill you slowly..." she hissed, fighting back the tears that were coming.<BR><BR>"I am not to kill you or hurt you," he said as she refused to meet his gaze. "I will let you go if you promise not to attempt on my life or my companions'," she was forced to look at him. "Do I have your word?" He waited.<BR><BR>"You do..." she said silently, almost inaudible.<BR><BR>He let go of her arms slowly and moved off her, realizing for the first time she was almost undressed. He looked away when she started clothing herself.<BR><BR>"Why so modest now?" she asked sarcastically. "Elven one?" she just noticed. "You did not seem so several moments ago..."<BR><BR>"How would I know? I was asleep when you attacked me... are you done?" he asked.<BR><BR>"Asleep?" she shrieked. "You may take me weaker physically but do not take me for a fool, you were watching me bathe from here!"<BR><BR>"I do not understand-" the bush from the side made sound and they froze, looking at it, both poised to attack. <BR><BR>A hobbit stepped forward and froze at the sight of them, both their clothes deshieveled. "I'm sorry Amissus! I was just heading for a drink and maybe a little wash... I didn't know you had a visitor!" the hobbit stepped back fastly. "I'm sorry!" she called.<BR><BR>Karimlan watched the hobbit leave with her mouth agape in horror.<BR>"She wasn't thinking what I think she was thinking right?" she whispered in disbelief. Her life was turning and playing her in ways she had never even imagined.
atalantea
Rider of the Mark

Postby Nameless_Teleri » Thu Apr 01, 2004 4:13 am

Aduyulda sat up from her position against the tree. Several hours had passed since the hobbit had introduced herself, and they were all drifting to sleep- and now there was new interference. She stood up to see a woman in rags glaring at Amissus.<BR><BR>"What now, Amissus?" She groaned and shook the drowsiness from her mind.
Nameless_Teleri
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Amrunelen » Thu Apr 01, 2004 1:50 pm

<em> Amrunelen had been wandering in the fair woods of Lothlorien in her dreams when she was startled awake by the sound of others moving around below. She had climed up into the branches of one of the trees to take her rest. She coudl here voices. One she recognized to be Amissus', but the other was a woman's and it did not sound like any of the others she had met earlier.<BR><BR>Amrunelen crouched low on the branch and lightly jumped down, landing next to the others. She saw Amissus and the new woman standing, their clothes disheveled and leaves and twigs clinging to them.</em><BR><BR>"What happened? Who are you?"<em>, she said, looking at Karimlan.</em><BR><BR><BR>
Amrunelen
Mariner

Postby Turgon1111 » Thu Apr 01, 2004 5:11 pm

Seregon sat under a old tree and pretended to be asleep. After they had talked together he went off to be alone in the woods. He was quite thirsty now so he decided to go get a drink. He quietly walked over towards the clear pool of water by the camp.<BR><BR><BR>Suddenly he heard voices, Amissus' and a new one that sounded unfamiliar. He quickly ducked down and drew his bow and notched an arrow in the bear-sinew string of his bow. He silently crawled towards the commotion from the pool and when he was close enough to see what was happening he stayed as quiet as the grave and as still as a rock.<BR><BR><BR><BR>Through the green blades of the tall reeds he saw a woman, not fully dressed wrestling with Amissus by the pool. She had a dagger in her hand and held it over him while he pleaded that he wasn't going to harm her. He swiftly jumped out of the reeds and said "What's going on here?"
Turgon1111
Shield Bearer

Postby atalantea » Thu Apr 01, 2004 6:16 pm

Before another word, Karimlan was surrounded. Weapons were pointed at her, threatening her with each move she made.<BR><BR>"What happened? who are you?" said one whose blade was at her throat.<BR><BR>"Whats going on here?" came another from the bushes, weapon still directed at her.<BR><BR>"If you plan to kill me, make sure it will be fast and that you will not give me a chance because if I see one, you will not see another dawn, do you understand?" Karimlan said through clenched teeth.<BR><BR>"No, lower your weapons, she means no harm," Amissus came, his hand gesturing in emphasis.<BR><BR>"She threatens to kill us and you say she means no harm?" asked the one with the blade.<BR><BR>"What of her threats?" asked the second from the bushes.<BR><BR>"She was defending herself, I said, lower your weapons," came Amissus.<BR><BR>"Defending herself? She is with blade and you unarmed, I don't see how that is possible," walked another from not afar. Karimlan eyed her warily.<BR><BR>"Trust me, please, lower your weapons," he said for the last time. The elves surrounding her lowered their weapons indeed and hesitantly stepped away.<BR><BR>"I am Amrunelen, what business have you here?" she seated herself on a fallen tree trunk.<BR><BR>"I am Aduyulda, I heard noises from my sleep, how come you here?"<BR><BR>"Give her time to answer questions," Seregon walked to her and offered a hand to help. "I am Seregon," he said.<BR><BR>Karimlan eyed them and refused Seregon's hand. She stood up silently. "I am Karimlan," was all she said. She walked towards Amissus and knelt beside him. She brought out her dagger. The surrounding quickly unsheathed their weapons but was stayed by Amissus' hand. <BR><BR>Karimlan leant over his face then lowered her lips towards his wound. She suckeled his wound then spat away. She then cut her arm and let it bleed for a while then smeared blood on his wound.<BR><BR>"I owe you nothing now for I have neutralized the poison that would have killed you, I take my leave," she said then stood up. She walked away then after a while, fell on the forest floor, unconcious.<BR><BR>"Fool, the poison attacked her instead," Amrunelen came.<BR><BR>"Well, I say we have to save your new friend now don't we?" Aduyulda came, smiling at the speechless Amissus. <BR><BR>Amissus nodded then cradled Karimlan and brought her near the fire.
atalantea
Rider of the Mark

Postby Lossencamiel » Thu Apr 01, 2004 11:21 pm

Robin, unknown to everybody else, had started wondering what she should do. Should she go back to Minas Tirith to tell what had happened? She had already prepared everything for a return journey... Robin was just about to climb onto her horse, unseen. Nobody will miss her, it will be alright... She thought. Besides, that new visitor didn't seem to be very friendly. Suddenly, just as she was about to climb on to Shadowmane, she heard foot steps. Hastily, she tumbled off her horse. It was Aduyulda.<BR><BR>"Get some cool water. The stranger seems to have gotten hurt." She said. "Say, what are you doing with all those things on your horse, and with your riding clothes-?"<BR><BR>Robin gulped.<BR><BR>"Nevermind that, you said I had to get some water? I'll go get it right now." She interrupted, then ran off, troubled.
Lossencamiel

Postby Nameless_Teleri » Fri Apr 02, 2004 3:21 am

Aduyulda took the water from Lossencamiel(while advising her not so politely to keep her mouth shut) and poured the water into Karimlan's mouth. Then she unhooked a small jar from her belt and gave Karimlan a few drops. "I do not know if it will help," she said. "But it has the effect of removing poison- at least weaker poison."
Nameless_Teleri
Citizen of Imladris

Postby NewZealand » Fri Apr 02, 2004 4:02 pm

Amissus set Karimlan down next to the fire and rolled up one of his blankets and laid her head on it as a pillow. He then bent over and looked at the wound on her arm. He got a sinking feeling in his stomach as the thought that she might die crossed through his mind. He didn’t want to deal with another death, especially for such a beautiful maid as she. He stepped aside and let the others deal with the wound and the poison. He watched them work as he leaned up against a tree, hoping that she would live. <BR><BR>She had saved him from the poison at the expense of herself, for that he knew she couldn’t be all bad. She obviously had been through a lot, and had a lot of stress on her mind. Amissus decided not to bother her with his own problems for the time being, and try to help her as much as possible instead.<BR><BR>Soon everyone else stepped away as well. Amissus walked back over to her and looked at her peaceful face, and took a deep breath. They wouldn’t know if the potion that Aduyulda had given her had worked until a few hours later. Amissus sat down beside her and placed his other blanket on top of her then leaned back against a tree to try and get some sleep before dawn. The cut on his cheek had stopped bleeding, but still stung slightly, but Amissus was to tired now to care. <BR><BR>~~~NZ~~~
NewZealand
Rider of the Mark

Postby Dummble » Fri Apr 02, 2004 10:27 pm

Domheld couldnot belive his luck, the girl was attacked by a man, from out of the shurbbry, then fallowed by others. <BR><BR>Hi retreated in to his house quickly, Then set about o eating dinner. He sat about his living room, desiding what to do. Now a days not many elven were about, but talk about 3 or 4 in one area! Unheard of! Domheld desided they had to be up to no good, so he started packing. He was going to travle a way from home for a bit to track the elves at first light....
Dummble
Shield Bearer

Postby Nameless_Teleri » Sat Apr 03, 2004 9:23 am

The others were still asleep.<BR><BR>Aduyulda yawned and sat up against the tree again. She was an Elf- and she was lying on the ground in such an undignified manner while sleeping? <em>...Oh well, I don't care.</em><BR><BR>The sky was slowly starting to pale, and the horizon was starting to glow a faint orange. Far away, birds called. Aduyulda had always loved the dawn.<BR><BR>Suddenly, she was reminded of Karimlan and glanced over at her. She seemed to be doing better- her cheeks were not pale anymore, and her breathing was even. Aduyulda unconsciously smiled.<BR><BR>Soon, the others awoke and began gathering their things groggily.<BR><BR>"Well, where to now, Amissus?"
Nameless_Teleri
Citizen of Imladris

Next

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)